5. Prestige
  6. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
  2. Nonbinary
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy, Horror, Action, Romance, Adventure, Drama
Ever had a character set played out with a partner feel so real, even though you know it isnt real, that you are like "Man, can I just have that for myself?" Lmao.

I started a new roleplay with a friend recently and they feel like real people. So, I am like "dangit go girl!" even tho I would like to be my character now, lol.

Its weird because I am engaged and I'm like "why am I fawning over my ship right now?" XD

Last edited:
I'm sorry, is it not normal to fawn over your ship?

I fall in love with my ships all the time! Especially when you have the perfect partner/friend who reciprocates the feeling on the ships. I think it's one of the many signs that it is a good roleplay. Sometimes most of the time my partners and I love the ships so much we catch ourselves doing the poor version of the roleplay OOC.

Constantly. My favorite one was a few years ago though. To this day they are still my all-time favorite rp couple. Character development happened naturally, and they were perfect enough not to be perfect (If that makes sense to anyone other than me. X_x) I still get the feels whenever I think about that roleplay. ; ;

• Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: Kuno
I'm sorry, is it not normal to fawn over your ship?

I fall in love with my ships all the time! Especially when you have the perfect partner/friend who reciprocates the feeling on the ships. I think it's one of the many signs that it is a good roleplay. Sometimes most of the time my partners and I love the ships so much we catch ourselves doing the poor version of the roleplay OOC.

I mean, I have other roleplays where I love the ships so hard. This new one has me fawning tho and I was wondering how much of a weirdo I am for doing that lol

Reactions: MaryGold
Constantly. My favorite one was a few years ago though. To this day they are still my all-time favorite rp couple. Character development happened naturally, and they were perfect enough not to be perfect (If that makes sense to anyone other than me. X_x) I still get the feels whenever I think about that roleplay. ; ;

:( I had that a long time ago too but that one was lovingly tragic

Reactions: ᴛᴏᴄᴋᴀ
Absolutely! I think it is normal to fawn over your shipping plan/ideas.

I have fallen for mine all the time, sure the perfect partner is always a factor when it comes to shipping plans. I haven't had the best of luck with my search for a "Perfect Partner" for roleplay of my interests. Character growth is natural like life and we get attached to how a character deals with conflict.

Ugh, if this isn't me...To this day I still reminisce about this one rp couple I had. It only ended because my writing partner just stopped replying abruptly, leaving the rp with a dISSATISFYING ENDING.

I'm still upset.

• Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: ᴛᴏᴄᴋᴀ

Ugh, if this isn't me...To this day I still reminisce about this one rp couple I had. It only ended because my writing partner just stopped replying abruptly, leaving the rp with a dISSATISFYING ENDING.

I'm still upset.
Same. One day things were great, then radio silence. I actually stopped role-playing for a year afterwards because it depressed me so much.

• Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: Kuno
i guess im not the only weird one here, lol.

Okay but this was seveeerral years ago and there was this ONE SHIP that I just couldn't get over, although the reason why the rp stopped was more-or-less my fault, I still think about it today. If I could revamp it, I totally would but this person doesn't even rP ANYMORE! :'C

I find myself fawning over "could be" ships, more than any of the ones I can think of off the top of my head. Like potential pairings that never actually took off in group rps, and such. My imagination loves running rampant while creating countless possible scenes and dialogue routes that unfortunately wont come to fruition.

That sounds so sad. :(

I think I am not understanding your terms here but somehow, when you say, "ship", I get the feeling you're not talking about maritime matters.

I think I am not understanding your terms here but somehow, when you say, "ship", I get the feeling you're not talking about maritime matters.
Its another word for relationship.

Since when is this the case? How odd.

But to answer the topic question; I have never. I took special care at the beginning of my RP career to disassociate myself from my characters, my partners and their actions. I compartmentalize my experiences so as to avoid letting an instance from one event affect how another one plays out - as much as possible. For a practical example; it isn't fair that I take out my frustration on somebody just because I've had a bad day up until that point. Any intense emotions I have that come from an RP tend to remain isolated to that instance.

My characters get shipped a lot. My friends and/or rp partners are into it, and that's fine, but I just don't feel all that strongly about it in general. I've tried rping romance and... I kind of suck at it, lmao. Even though I like romance.

Since when is this the case? How odd.

But to answer the topic question; I have never. I took special care at the beginning of my RP career to disassociate myself from my characters, my partners and their actions. I compartmentalize my experiences so as to avoid letting an instance from one event affect how another one plays out - as much as possible. For a practical example; it isn't fair that I take out my frustration on somebody just because I've had a bad day up until that point. Any intense emotions I have that come from an RP tend to remain isolated to that instance.

It's been this way for a long time. I'm surprised you are on the internet and never heard it. I also dont think you are understanding what I mean, but that's alright. I am not saying that you are feeling this one emotion so you play that out through your character.

I am saying that I am separated from my own creations, but I still fawn over them because its perfect.

"A long time," is not incredibly descriptive. If this is a popular culture thing then no wonder I haven't seen it.

If I'm just going to be wrong then I'm not sure what else to say. I thought I was clear but I'll use a different approach; no. I do not do this thing that you do.