Even If You Avert Your Gaze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cory looked up again, gazing into Hotaka's eyes. After a few minutes of searching them, he finally said, "I think I have started to like you more than a friend...I was acting strange because I wasn't sure if it really was love or just something silly. Just being around you makes my stomach flutter like a girl's..."

He trailed off, frowning slightly, and looked away, wincing before Hotaka could answer. He was worried that his friend would think him weird or a liar, and wouldn't want to speak with him again. "I...I'm sorry," he added.

As their eyes met, the teen felt his heart skipping a beat and then continued thumping loudly. Hotaka's mouth hung opened slightly as he heard what the other said, then it grew into a wide smile as his cheeks reddened. "R-really ?" He couldn't stop himself from leaning closer and holding onto the other's hand, then quickly shifted his hands away when he noticed what he was doing. "S-sorry," he muttered.

"C-Cory, don't be sorry for saying that...! And... Don't look away..." He paused, thinking of what to say next, "I'm happy to hear that, really. I was really worried that you would be bothered by my feelings and such b-but..." He tilted his head, trying to meet the other's eyes. When he failed to do so he just glanced down and started chuckling softly. "I'm really glad, Cory. And... If you still aren't sure about your feelings, take your time." He smiled as he turned back to the other, ruffling through his thick white hair. "Just... Look at me, alright ? "

"I'll...I'll try," Cory answered, lifting his head up to look at Hotaka again. He forced a wane smile, before finally moving his hand over his friend's, letting him know it was okay. "Sorry I acted so weird. Hopefully we can get passed this, you know?"

"Ah..." he mused. "D'you wanna get coffee, or something? I've got some money I can spend...why not spend it with a friend, right?"

Hotaka grinned as Cory looked at him, but flinched slightly as he felt the other's hand on his. His face heated up as he looked down at the hands, then bit down on his lips as he tried to keep his composure. Even so, his heart was still beating wildly. "I-it's okay... And yes, of course." He managed a smile again.

The white-haired teen nodded in response, it has been awhile since they last hanged out, after all. After getting up from the bench, Hotaka pulled the taller along as they went out of the park. "Ah, what do you want to get?" He asked as they walked.

"I don't know," Cory said. "Whatever looks good, I guess..." Smiling he looked at Hotaka again, his heart beating faster just by looking at his face. Glancing away, he asked, "What do you think you'll get?"

He sighed happily. It had been a while since he had been able to be 'normal' around Hotaka, and he wanted to enjoy it for as long as possible.

Hotaka let go of Cory's arm after a short while, though reluctant to do so, he didn't want to appear clingy. Being able to see the other's smile has brought one to his face as well. "U-uh well, I'll decide when we get there." He said cheerfully.

He blinked as he noticed the other looking away, but he didn't allow it to bother him. They're back to normal now, and he's glad for that. The two reached the cafe nearby and settled down on the seats by the tall windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.