Eudicia OOC Chat

I should be able to finish my CS sometime on Thursday. I keep getting sidetracked making sure I don't destroy the code, though. XD

Don't stress about the code - if you need to, just send me the information via PM and I'll input the code for you :)

• Thank You
Reactions: Starlighter
I should be able to finish my CS sometime on Thursday. I keep getting sidetracked making sure I don't destroy the code, though. XD
Just be sure to turn off the Rich Text in your preferences before you drop it in the dialogue box. Otherwise you run afoul of the BBCode masters in this forum.
Don't ask me how I know that... >.> <.<

• Bucket of Rainbows
Don't stress about the code - if you need to, just send me the information via PM and I'll input the code for you :)
YOU ARE THE BESTEST EVER!
I will try to get the rest of the information in, but if it keeps taking ten thousand years, I will be most grateful for the assistance XD
Just be sure to turn off the Rich Text in your preferences before you drop it in the dialogue box. Otherwise you run afoul of the BBCode masters in this forum.
Don't ask me how I know that... >.> <.<
Oooooh, that might be a good thing to remember. XD Wouldn't it also work just to paste it into the BBcode editor?
But...but...but... what if I want to know how you know that? I'm a curious ducky....

I will try to get the rest of the information in, but if it keeps taking ten thousand years, I will be most grateful for the assistance XD

Oooooh, that might be a good thing to remember. XD Wouldn't it also work just to paste it into the BBcode editor?
But...but...but... what if I want to know how you know that? I'm a curious ducky....

The reason copy/paste doesn't work, even with the BBCode editor (just turning off RTE briefly) is because RTE is designed to basically take the place of BBCode editor. So even if you switch it off BEFORE copy/pasting, the post started with it on - it thinks that you still want it to run, so it tries to "Help" you with your code. By 'helping', it basically reads the code, goes "Silly goose, you didn't mean that! You clearly meant THIS!" and essentially... it clones your code until you get absolute chaos XD

The only way to prevent this from happening is to turn of RTE in your SETTINGS (under your profile options).

But if it's easier for you just send it all to me, that totally works, too :)

It'll work just fine in the BBCode editor. But you have to turn the stupid thing off first XD

The reason copy/paste doesn't work, even with the BBCode editor (just turning off RTE briefly) is because RTE is designed to basically take the place of BBCode editor. So even if you switch it off BEFORE copy/pasting, the post started with it on - it thinks that you still want it to run, so it tries to "Help" you with your code. By 'helping', it basically reads the code, goes "Silly goose, you didn't mean that! You clearly meant THIS!" and essentially... it clones your code until you get absolute chaos XD

The only way to prevent this from happening is to turn of RTE in your SETTINGS (under your profile options).

This is why my BBCode for one CS I coded requires a copy-paste every time...Ookay. I only keep the RTE turned on in my settings because there isn't a save draft button for the BBCode editor, but I've started writing offsite anyway, sooo...Yeah, I might just turn it off.

Would be nice if you could just make it not the default instead of turning it off completely, but oh well. :P

This is why my BBCode for one CS I coded requires a copy-paste every time...Ookay. I only keep the RTE turned on in my settings because there isn't a save draft button for the BBCode editor, but I've started writing offsite anyway, sooo...Yeah, I might just turn it off.

Would be nice if you could just make it not the default instead of turning it off completely, but oh well. :P

Yeah. Unfortunately because most people don't opt to code themselves it's still the default, but I still get automatic drafts without it - there just isn't a button for it (Though I use google docs, cause the auto-save feature is a little futsy!)

Ohhhkay. I will give that a try and see if it works. But if I'm still a silly goose even after all that, I will pay you with showers of imaginary chocolate to rescue me XD
It'll work just fine in the BBCode editor. But you have to turn the stupid thing off first XD
Oh, so just push the fancy button. Gotcha. *pushes button* *something explodes*

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Red Thunder
Ohhhkay. I will give that a try and see if it works. But if I'm still a silly goose even after all that, I will pay you with showers of imaginary chocolate to rescue me XD

Oh, so just push the fancy button. Gotcha. *pushes button* *something explodes*

Sounds like a deal ;-) Just lemme know (I'm about to head to bed, soon tho - so just PM me if you need to)

• Thank You
Sounds like a deal ;-) Just lemme know (I'm about to head to bed, soon tho - so just PM me if you need to)
Okeydokey. I need to be off to bed myself soon so I won't get much of a chance to mess with things tonight, sadness. But if all else fails, I will be sending you a desperate PM tomorrow evening, at the very latest. XD

Hey, I just realized this is supposed to start at the end of the week. If that's the case, well...I don't think I'm going to make the deadline ^^' I've been pretty out of commission for the past few days, and I still kind of am. So, I doubt I can complete a full CS by the end of the week, and I probably can't get the preliminary CS to 100% before then without help.

I'm sorry I've been so slow, and I completely understand if y'all move on without me (which you probably will). I'll be keeping an eye out for more stuff set in this universe to jump in on when my life's a little less crazy ^.^

• Love
Reactions: Elle Joyner
Hey, I just realized this is supposed to start at the end of the week. If that's the case, well...I don't think I'm going to make the deadline ^^' I've been pretty out of commission for the past few days, and I still kind of am. So, I doubt I can complete a full CS by the end of the week, and I probably can't get the preliminary CS to 100% before then without help.

I'm sorry I've been so slow, and I completely understand if y'all move on without me (which you probably will). I'll be keeping an eye out for more stuff set in this universe to jump in on when my life's a little less crazy ^.^

Caught that black plague that's been going around, Eh? Even if you don't make it in time for Eudicia - Effie's always cooking up new plots :) Hopefully you can jump in the next one!

Caught that black plague that's been going around, Eh? Even if you don't make it in time for Eudicia - Effie's always cooking up new plots :) Hopefully you can jump in the next one!

Yep, I caught that black plague ^^' Had it since two Fridays ago, and now I have female issues on top of that. :P I'll definitely be looking for the next one if I don't make it this time!

Yep, I caught that black plague ^^' Had it since two Fridays ago, and now I have female issues on top of that. :P I'll definitely be looking for the next one if I don't make it this time!

Yikes!! Might need some antibiotics! Hope it goes away soon :-P

• Thank You
Reactions: Joan
I'm gonna miss the idea of writing with you, Joan. :( But maybe one glorious day we'll see each other in another part of the saga....

@Elle Joyner *carefully makes sure I tag the mod who won't threaten my character* So I have my sheet all done, and surprisingly the code cooperated.... except for one tiny hiccup where it won't scroll properly for the appearance and personality sections. Since it's nothing major to fix (I would imagine XD) would you rather I post it and have you just edit whatever that issue is, or send you the info for you to input it all properly?

I'm gonna miss the idea of writing with you, Joan. :( But maybe one glorious day we'll see each other in another part of the saga....

@Elle Joyner *carefully makes sure I tag the mod who won't threaten my character* So I have my sheet all done, and surprisingly the code cooperated.... except for one tiny hiccup where it won't scroll properly for the appearance and personality sections. Since it's nothing major to fix (I would imagine XD) would you rather I post it and have you just edit whatever that issue is, or send you the info for you to input it all properly?

Yup. That's nothing on your end. I just have it set to a certain height. I'll just add length and you're good :-) but I won't be able to get to it till tomorrow am!!

Yup. That's nothing on your end. I just have it set to a certain height. I'll just add length and you're good :-) but I won't be able to get to it till tomorrow am!!
Well having a tiny glitch sit there overnight won't kill anyone, I'm sure. XD If there's nothing else, I'll have it up in a jiffy!

Well having a tiny glitch sit there overnight won't kill anyone, I'm sure. XD If there's nothing else, I'll have it up in a jiffy!

Sounds good :-) looking forward to it.

Boom. Done.

I know I'm gonna forget about this again if I don't say something now, so. I've been meaning to ask you, is Arabella's face claim intentionally Ren from that webseries? Or is it just a random, fitting set of images that you picked?

Omg finally someone who doesn't tower over Bells!!!! Lol

And it's not intentionally :-) just a random pinterest grab.