LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences

E U D I C I A

High Queen Jashyr frowned as her fingers traced over the insignia drawn in dark ink upon parchment. It was a flower unlike any she had ever seen where the petals blossomed like blades. For a time, she was lost in the simple note, for it was the very design tattooed upon Magi Gladae discovered only after her untimely death. Was her murder connected to the disappearances of her citizens? What wicked plot had been festering under her nose for nearly a decade?

"The Ritual was a success," a voice chimed. Jashyr looked up from the parchment to once again regard the room and those waiting for their High Queen to comment. Two of her dutiful Aegis watched her as they tried to mask their growing concerns. The source of the voice, however, stared calmly at the High Queen with her glowing eyes a steely gaze.

"And what of the connection to the survivor's note?" Jashyr asked as she raised the inked insignia within her hand. The parchment fluttered with the motion. The Magi was silent for a time, perhaps to long in quiet contemplation as she stood before her as still as stone.

"She wouldn't directly say," the nameless Magi confessed.

"Perhaps if you had not killed her she would be more cooperative," the High Queen said pointedly.

"If I had not killed Gladae your trail would be cold," Nameless quickly retorted. It was a bold decision to speak in such a manner to the most powerful person in all of Estwynd. It was her initial decree to banish the woman from the lands for her crime, and it was her ruling to bring her back to perform the Blood Ritual in which to interrogate the deceased Magi; the very woman Nameless had murdered. With one sentence she could see her to the guillotine, and she considered it closely before allowing the Magi to explain further.

"Gladae spoke of a ledger," Nameless continued. "It's unmistakeable, but it is hidden in her home. She said it would give insight, but that we are too late to stop them. She said we could use it to join them."

"Them?" Jashyr repeated. The Magi nodded once in return.

"Eudicia."

P L O T

Set mainly within the capital Kingdom of Estwynd, Thol, this story takes place in a nation on the brink of a structural collapse. For the past two decades Estwynd has suffered a strange rise in disappearances, most of which had been disregarded as a rise in Blood Magi Awakenings. As sad as it was to have loved ones disappear, the citizens were used to hearing of Awakenings taking the chosen souls who could not make it back to the living world.

But a man returned by the name of Rahm Madur, battered and broken of both body and mind. He wandered to the steps of Redden's palace, questioned by the Aegis but unable to answer due to his stupor. All he could offer them was a small piece of parchment with a strange flower drawn onto the fibers in dark ink.

This discovery, and knowing Rahm did not return a Blood Mage, caused a stir that spread across Estwynd. What if the sudden rise in disappearances was connected to this broken man and that strange insignia? But more importantly, why did the rise of disappearances begin with High Queen Jashyr's coronation? Citizens formed theories founded in conspiracy that festered as the number of those returning from their disappearances increased.

To make matters worse, a strange fog began to pour out from the Winded Woods, slowly creeping across Sabletyn and Thol and expanding to overtake the lands. Those within the fog are lost to an eerie carnage within. Speculation rises to form continuities with the fog and the disappearances while rumors spread of plots to overthrow the hierarchy and usurp the High Queen's reign.

It is soon discovered that these mysterious insignias are given to victims days before they go missing. In efforts to protect her people, anyone who receives the insignia is requested to seek immediate sanctuary within their kingdom's respective castles. With Spring Market underway in Redden, many across Estwynd are within the waterfall city to buy, trade, and sell. It would be prime for Eudicia to strike.

O O C

Set within the Ascender Chronicles universe.

This roleplay takes place in a fantasy setting and will have themes of horror, suspense, mystery, intrigue, and action. While this is fantasy and set within a world that has magic, PCs will be human and will not have magic. I WILL NOT allow gore, excessive violence, or unnecessary sexual themes and undertones.

This will be a detail oriented roleplay, meaning I expect excellent syntax, diction, and grammar with a minimum of 3 paragraphs per post. Posting requirements will be once a week minimum, but will allow for more should the situation call for it. Players must be willing to commit to the roleplay long term. Realism is expected and encouraged.

I am looking to accept between 6 and 10 players for this roleplay. I will provide a link to the CS thread when it is open for submissions. I will not accept any face claims using anime artwork. Please notify me here if you are interested so that I know to tag you once the CS thread is up!

T A G S

YEEEEET

• Thank You
Reactions: Effervescent
*squee*

• Bucket of Rainbows
Aw yis. Time to break out the blacksmith.

• Thank You
*takes a deep breath* YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

*Cheers silently*

• Thank You
Awesome! I plan to create the CS submission page either Friday or Saturday so people can start creating their prospective characters!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: mango and Bears
By Friday or Saturday you mean right now, right??????? :D

Reactions: mango
I'm placing my interest. ^.^

Status
Not open for further replies.