Eu Sunt Drakul [Non-Canon]

Status
Not open for further replies.
She walks forward, always forward. She has no choice, not if she wishes to survive in this place. Castlevania is a death trap, but its a reflection of its masters will- And the Master adores those who fight on relentlessly. The wolves will no longer be a problem as well...That particular pack knows my blade now, and thus my role is revealed in this story. How much longer in the shadows must I stay?

And what will happen, if she lures from hiding who I think she will?

The doors creaked open for the pair, the vast hall before them crumbling but still glorious for all of that. There was a deep history, an ancient feel to this place. Old pain radiated from every stone and stained glass window, depicting scenes of battle and monsters only passing familiar to them both. One window seemed familiar...Showing a woman in white, who bore a remarkable resemblance to Corrin, with another stained glass depicting a fallen knight in black opposite, in weird duality. More importantly, two main ways revealed themselves to the pair.

Upstairs or down stairs.

[Upstairs: Library, the Tower, the Hall of Portraits.]

[Downstairs: The Dungeons, the Crypt, the Laboratory.]

@Sen @Minerva

kU3rXY6.png

Kana had to admit that this was a very grand castle. It looked big, bigger than any castle she had ever step foot in before. Bigger than the one back home and even bigger than Anankos' castle, she didn't know what to make of that. Maybe the master of the castle was even more powerful than her mother and the Silent Dragon? "Is there anybody home?" she called out, hearing her voice bounce off the walls and into the dim hallway, disappearing into the split in the path.

Even though there didn't seem like there was going to be an answer - she wasn't even sure how the doors opened if that was the case unless this was a castle with magical doors - she couldn't help but admire the windows. There were plenty, all looked old and made by traditionalists, like the pictures she saw in the books Leo read. The light shining down made the reflection on the floor look like a pale rainbow. Her favourite one was of the woman that looked a bit like her mother, maybe it was the face, or the hair, the clothes were different but looking at the woman made Kana feel warm.
WuqSo1b.png

"U- Um, are you okay?" she asked her companion. "We can go look for some medicine...?" was her suggestion, this place definitely would have bandages and stuff, right? "What's your name?"

kU3rXY6.png

Kana had to admit that this was a very grand castle. It looked big, bigger than any castle she had ever step foot in before. Bigger than the one back home and even bigger than Anankos' castle, she didn't know what to make of that. Maybe the master of the castle was even more powerful than her mother and the Silent Dragon? "Is there anybody home?" she called out, hearing her voice bounce off the walls and into the dim hallway, disappearing into the split in the path.

Even though there didn't seem like there was going to be an answer - she wasn't even sure how the doors opened if that was the case unless this was a castle with magical doors - she couldn't help but admire the windows. There were plenty, all looked old and made by traditionalists, like the pictures she saw in the books Leo read. The light shining down made the reflection on the floor look like a pale rainbow. Her favourite one was of the woman that looked a bit like her mother, maybe it was the face, or the hair, the clothes were different but looking at the woman made Kana feel warm.
WuqSo1b.png

"U- Um, are you okay?" she asked her companion. "We can go look for some medicine...?" was her suggestion, this place definitely would have bandages and stuff, right? "What's your name?"
She walks forward, always forward. She has no choice, not if she wishes to survive in this place. Castlevania is a death trap, but its a reflection of its masters will- And the Master adores those who fight on relentlessly. The wolves will no longer be a problem as well...That particular pack knows my blade now, and thus my role is revealed in this story. How much longer in the shadows must I stay?

And what will happen, if she lures from hiding who I think she will?

The doors creaked open for the pair, the vast hall before them crumbling but still glorious for all of that. There was a deep history, an ancient feel to this place. Old pain radiated from every stone and stained glass window, depicting scenes of battle and monsters only passing familiar to them both. One window seemed familiar...Showing a woman in white, who bore a remarkable resemblance to Corrin, with another stained glass depicting a fallen knight in black opposite, in weird duality. More importantly, two main ways revealed themselves to the pair.

Upstairs or down stairs.

[Upstairs: Library, the Tower, the Hall of Portraits.]

[Downstairs: The Dungeons, the Crypt, the Laboratory.]

@Sen @Minerva

The stained glass windows reminded Leah more of the Cathedral than Bastion's Keep. That also wasn't a good time. She remembered her Uncle who had gotten trapped until the Crusader got him out. The darkness of a once holy place. The fact that there were no defenders or anything made it seem even more like the Cathedral. It was a strange experience.

Leah brushed some hair behind her ear. "No, I'm fine. I've had worse..." She wasn't lying. Turning into Diablo had really taken a physical toll, and even being beaten up as a child had been worse on her. She smiled at Kana. "I'm Leah. Leah Cain. And your name?"

ZmHRlGX.png

"I'm Kana. The princess of Valla!" she shifted around. "I know you're not from around here... I've never seen you before..."
She was beginning to wonder where Kiragi was. Did he go home safe without her? Or was he still outside in the woods with those creatures, or was he right outside the door? Kana looked behind her, but it didn't seem like she was going to see anyone come in anytime soon - the night as too quiet.

"U- Um, let's go upstairs first and look for windows... I don't really, really know where we are... or where this castle is." Kana frowned. "Never seen a castle by the apple trees."

And so she begins their journey into the castle. Like all their line before her, even as he did. Still innocent, if the rumors are true. Ignorant and thus, blissfully unaware of what sort of abyss lies on either side of her. The same goes for the other I suppose, but we will see in time. They are going upstairs, to pass through the Hall of Portraits. I wonder what she will think...Seeing the faces of family she has never known?

The castle was cold and in their ascendance upstairs, they would meet no other people. Their breath came out in bursts of steam and at the top, a great hallway would be seen. Lit by candles and decorated with many, many portraits of stern men and women. Knights and ladies, creatures that made the body sick...All pertaining to two massive pictures that dominated it all. The first was that of a regal man. With the bearing of a king, his red eyes seemed to stare coldly out as he dressed in finery, the emblem of a black dragon upon his breastplate.

The second was a landscape, featuring a barren wasteland and two dragons...Black and White, fighting against a dark cloud that hinted at something bigger, as they protected something in between them. Small, glowing and in the shape of a humanoid.

@Minerva @Sen

ZmHRlGX.png

"I'm Kana. The princess of Valla!" she shifted around. "I know you're not from around here... I've never seen you before..."
She was beginning to wonder where Kiragi was. Did he go home safe without her? Or was he still outside in the woods with those creatures, or was he right outside the door? Kana looked behind her, but it didn't seem like she was going to see anyone come in anytime soon - the night as too quiet.

"U- Um, let's go upstairs first and look for windows... I don't really, really know where we are... or where this castle is." Kana frowned. "Never seen a castle by the apple trees."
And so she begins their journey into the castle. Like all their line before her, even as he did. Still innocent, if the rumors are true. Ignorant and thus, blissfully unaware of what sort of abyss lies on either side of her. The same goes for the other I suppose, but we will see in time. They are going upstairs, to pass through the Hall of Portraits. I wonder what she will think...Seeing the faces of family she has never known?

The castle was cold and in their ascendance upstairs, they would meet no other people. Their breath came out in bursts of steam and at the top, a great hallway would be seen. Lit by candles and decorated with many, many portraits of stern men and women. Knights and ladies, creatures that made the body sick...All pertaining to two massive pictures that dominated it all. The first was that of a regal man. With the bearing of a king, his red eyes seemed to stare coldly out as he dressed in finery, the emblem of a black dragon upon his breastplate.

The second was a landscape, featuring a barren wasteland and two dragons...Black and White, fighting against a dark cloud that hinted at something bigger, as they protected something in between them. Small, glowing and in the shape of a humanoid.

@Minerva @Sen
Leah pressed her hand to her forehead to stop the last of the bleeding. "A pleasure, Kana." She said with a small smile. Kana reminded Leah of a younger and more naive version of Romulus the Crusader. She wanted to help, and was dedicated. "And don't worry, we'll probably find out soon enough." She said about the castle.

As they entered the Stained Glass Hall upstairs, Leah remained silent. Now it really did remind her of what The Cathedral must have looked like before it fell into ruin. She watched Kana as she entered. She stared at all the stained glass, amazed by the craftwork but unaware of what it all meant. She placed her hand on her crossbow again just in case.

@Sen @Ringmaster

kU3rXY6.png

The paintings were unlike anything she had ever seen before, or at least the first one was unfamiliar to her. The strange man looked unhealthy and creepy to the little girl, whose eyes instantly shifted to look at the other masterpiece. It was something that Kana could imagine being hung up on Valla's castle wars. Maybe even Nohr, if she had to guess. They all had a history with dragons, and tales of these magnificent beasts doing all sorts of things were told to even children. It was expected when each country's royal families had the blood of dragons in their veins. Kana could really feel as if the paintings were alive, the dragons were so detailed and they almost seemed realistic. The Dawn and Dusk Dragons...

What caught her attention was the figure in between the battling beasts. It was bright and glowing... but who was it? What was it? Was it even a person?

@Minerva @Ringmaster

339532252d05b720e26d2864c408e7be.jpg

It was vaguely humanoid in form and feature. And looked to be in the throes of some transformation, though that would require a deeper study. And time that the pair might not possibly have as the following flitted through the shadows. Revealed in light, for the briefest of moments it stared directly at Leah...Before winking once as it flitted away down the hall. A few moments later, the suits of armor on display began to shake and with a crash, two of them leaped off of their pedestals behind them, as did more from before. Turning to march in unison, they spoke as they crossed their pikes in a martial display, as though drawing a line in the sand.

"Do you serve the Master or the Mistress?"

@Minerva @Sen

kU3rXY6.png

The shadow in the corner made the little girl stop. She stared at it, the form and outline of a beast... or was it a man? A man-beast? She caught just a glimpse of it before it disappeared, but Kana did not allow it to unnerve her. She swallowed her nerves away and steadily continued upwards, not sure where she would be going with Leah. Exploring the castle seemed to be the only option.
WuqSo1b.png

However the sudden crash and movement of the suits of armor frightened her, with the girl instinctively taking a few steps back as they sprang to life. She instantaneously drew her blade, a short one made for Kana to wield back in Valla, and held it up to defend her. However, their words made no sense to her. What master? What mistress?
She really didn't have a master... but there was-​
"T- The mistress?" she answered cautiously. Her mother was a mistress of the Valla castle, right?

@Ringmaster @Minerva

339532252d05b720e26d2864c408e7be.jpg

It was vaguely humanoid in form and feature. And looked to be in the throes of some transformation, though that would require a deeper study. And time that the pair might not possibly have as the following flitted through the shadows. Revealed in light, for the briefest of moments it stared directly at Leah...Before winking once as it flitted away down the hall. A few moments later, the suits of armor on display began to shake and with a crash, two of them leaped off of their pedestals behind them, as did more from before. Turning to march in unison, they spoke as they crossed their pikes in a martial display, as though drawing a line in the sand.

"Do you serve the Master or the Mistress?"

@Minerva @Sen
kU3rXY6.png

The shadow in the corner made the little girl stop. She stared at it, the form and outline of a beast... or was it a man? A man-beast? She caught just a glimpse of it before it disappeared, but Kana did not allow it to unnerve her. She swallowed her nerves away and steadily continued upwards, not sure where she would be going with Leah. Exploring the castle seemed to be the only option.
WuqSo1b.png

However the sudden crash and movement of the suits of armor frightened her, with the girl instinctively taking a few steps back as they sprang to life. She instantaneously drew her blade, a short one made for Kana to wield back in Valla, and held it up to defend her. However, their words made no sense to her. What master? What mistress?
"T- The mistress?" she answered cautiously. Her mother was a mistress of the Valla castle, right?

@Ringmaster @Minerva

The figure looking at Leah paranoid her. She had been given glances from monsters before because of her power. She cautiously loaded her crossbow, and prepared it. Then she saw the statues move and ask them a question about how they served.

Leah thought for a second. Who did she serve? She had been friends with Tyrael and the Crusader, but did she serve them? She served Ithereal, to be sure. Everyone did, for he was the archangel of fate. She had protected Io in thgeir time in the Murder Game, so she supposed she counted as a mistress. "And I..." Leah said, stepping forward. "Serve the Master, yet protect the mistress."

WuqSo1b.png

"T- The mistress?" she answered cautiously. Her mother was a mistress of the Valla castle, right?​
The figure looking at Leah paranoid her. She had been given glances from monsters before because of her power. She cautiously loaded her crossbow, and prepared it. Then she saw the statues move and ask them a question about how they served.

Leah thought for a second. Who did she serve? She had been friends with Tyrael and the Crusader, but did she serve them? She served Ithereal, to be sure. Everyone did, for he was the archangel of fate. She had protected Io in thgeir time in the Murder Game, so she supposed she counted as a mistress. "And I..." Leah said, stepping forward. "Serve the Master, yet protect the mistress."
"....Confirmed."

The polearms disengaged to let them through, the animated armor sentinels speaking.

"The Mistress lies beyond in the Tower, though your path is blocked by the Doctor. The Master has taken refuge in the Crypt and the Wyrm bars the way to his domain. There are others here as well, and all fight for the prize- Mastery of Castlevania. I wish you well, in your search for answers."

And with that, both moved to their stands and took position once more, as though they had never moved. The way before was clear.

@Sen @Minerva

Status
Not open for further replies.