Ethnic Backgrounds and Ancestral Stories

I'm 4th Generation Italian on my Mothers side (Tuscany), Shes 100%. My Fathers side of the family have been here much longer, I'm not sure when they came over, but they lived in the south for a long time before my Grandama came to California. My Dad is 50/50 Dutch-Irish. So that would make me a 50% Italian and 25% Dutch and Irish.

I always thought Sarkua was Arabic. Interesting.

Ni mei yo lan qiao ah? >:P

lol Orochi. Never knew we were so closely related. *snuggles*

Piao si! lol, I like how these phrases are used so casually these days.

Your pseudo-chink sounds really silly, you guys.

Maybe you should've taken in some english.

Scottish.

No, really. I'm about as Scottish as they come.

Trace my family roots, and both my families are really, REALLY fuckin' old noble families that go back to around the time that the Canmores were murdering rival claimants and Scotland wasn't even a real concept; they were just the nobles that lived up north and had a royal family.

Lets see, French, British, Scottish, Irish, German, Swiss, Danish, and Russian

and I'm a descendant of Charlemagne so kiss my royal ass.

D: EVERYONE IS DESCENDED FROM EPIC FAMILIES!

I'm son of a peasant, who's son of a peon, who's son of a peon, whose son of a peon...

Northern European is the only vague point my parents gave me.

The only ancestral thing we have and use today is a recipe...

I'm a IRISH ASIAN GREEK!!! BWAHAHAHAHA beat that!!!

...okay not really....

my brother and I are Korean (no relation)

my mom is 100% greek

my dad is a mutt but I know he has some irish blood in him >>

MY MOTHER IS THE EARTH...

MY FATHER IS THE SUN...

MY GRANDMOTHER IS THE MOON...

MY GRANDFATHER IS THE ROCK...

Lots of Italian blood in me.

Cut me and I bleed spaghetti sauce.

Mum's side: German Jew dad, Italian mother.

Dad's side: Families from Scotland but had Spanish in it as well, (family legend states scots pirate kidnapped then married a Spanish lady.)

normal filipino here... but i've been mistaken for a japanese, chinese and korean at different occasions T_T

basically i've got nothing more to add aside from what oro and raz has already said.

100%(probably) Polish; dad claims we had some German ancestors, too. Apparently one of 'em even fought in the War in Defense of the Constitution, on the Commonwealth's side.

My mom's side of the family has a history of mental illness. :D

I should really look into it more, but my mom hated her childhood and I don't bother talking to her about it.

I do know, however, that my grandmother on my mom's side was in a concentration camp, and my grandfather was in prison (after the war). Mom never said why.

My ancestry, that I am certain of, is French-Canadian, Irish, and Czech (As in Czechoslovakia - I don't know whether it's Czech or Slovak) on my mother's side, and descended from a Scottish yeoman (probably with a fair amount of mix-ins) on my father's. Explains why we can't find a coat of arms for my family, actually.