Eternal Grief (CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
13 hours left before Sign-ups closes!

Okay, so... I've sort of been eyeing this thread since it went up - silently making a bio and trying to decide if I wanted to join. With the due date pressing ever closer I was planning on posting said previously mentioned bio which i had saved in a word document on my laptop. Alas, the fates seem to be against me, as my internet has been down for about an hour and a half. I wad trying to wait it out, but my internet provider says it's a problem on their end and that it won't be up until at least seven (est thats in around three hours). At that point I won't even be home, not to mention sign-ups will be closed. (Its a real pain, since I had a bunch of research for a project to do.) But uh, could I post that when my internet gets back on...? I don't have the patience, nor enough data, to retype it on this stupid little phones keyboard.

Reactions: Momozono Yuuna
Okay, so... I've sort of been eyeing this thread since it went up - silently making a bio and trying to decide if I wanted to join. With the due date pressing ever closer I was planning on posting said previously mentioned bio which i had saved in a word document on my laptop. Alas, the fates seem to be against me, as my internet has been down for about an hour and a half. I wad trying to wait it out, but my internet provider says it's a problem on their end and that it won't be up until at least seven (est thats in around three hours). At that point I won't even be home, not to mention sign-ups will be closed. (Its a real pain, since I had a bunch of research for a project to do.) But uh, could I post that when my internet gets back on...? I don't have the patience, nor enough data, to retype it on this stupid little phones keyboard.
Since your character is done already, and you just can't post it because of bad luck with the internet, I'll let you post it once you get your internet back and you're home, if there's still spots left. (There probably will be since there's less than two hours left and four spots available. I doubt there will be four characters signed up in that short amount of time.)

Sign ups are closed. @Cwolf0615 you'll have until Friday to get your character up.

If anyone wants to, you are now allowed to create a second character. Three spots are available. You don't need to make one simply for us to get to 15 members, only do one if you really want a second character. If we don't get 15 characters, the plot will change to state the number we have to work with instead. :) The character sheet for a second character needs to be up before the IC, which means due date is somewhere between Saturday and Monday depending on when I can get the IC up. So if you're interested, try to make it as fast as possible. ^^

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Okay, I'm back home.
The bio will be up shortly.

All I need is a form of transportation, for him, as he's only 16.
He was sort of tricked into coming, by his 17 year old older brother, who made it sound like he was coming also and that Nicholas was a wimp if he didn't tag along - only to last second be like "What, you thought I was coming? I never said that. Nah, man, I got a hot date."
Since his older brother was quite the social butterfly who knew everyone and was pretty much known by everyone, I was thinking maybe he could of convinced someone to take his little brother along.
Ah, any takers? It really doesn't matter who. I would have asked earlier if I'd remembered I still needed that bit of information~

EDIT: If not, I could just have had his brother drop him off. That would make sense. Might just do that.

My character has room in her car.

• Thank You
Name: Nicholas Cole Harred

Sex: Male

Appearance:

flat%252C800x800%252C070%252Cf.jpg

Bio:

Nicholas was raised by a mother who had never wanted anything more than to have children of her own; A point that was strongly illustrated by the fact that he was the youngest of four boys, and likely would have ended up with more siblings were it not for his father leaving them shortly after his birth. His parents' divorce was a rather hush hush affair, and while many friends of the family and members of the town had no idea where the man had went or why he left, those that did weren't saying a word at the mother's request. Nicholas himself knew little of his father, nor the events surrounding his departure, other than whispered stories of a tired eyed-man with scraggly black hair and a beard to match - all of which were told to him by his brother Zachary, and were likely figments of the eldest son's imagination, as he himself had been no older than three or four when the man disappeared from their lives. Though Nicholas felt the occasional pang of jealousy when watching other children play with their fathers, things were, for the most part, all well and good in his mind - as he found it difficult to miss something he had never really had. With their mother as their sole provider, the financial situation at home was always tight, and Nicholas and his older brothers were often seen doing odd jobs around town in order to make some extra cash to bring home. All three boys learned not only to be frugal with their money, but careful with all their things - and Nicholas himself was known to guard his most important possessions with his life.

Growing up with three older brothers, Nicholas developed quite the stubborn streak, and was never hesitant to confront others or start a fight. Besides being known for occasionally getting into arguments or full out fistfights, however, little was known about Nicholas. He tended to blend into the crowd, and if he wasn't causing a scene at that particular moment, most people in school forgot he existed. He never had much need for friends, as he felt his brothers were more than enough company, and since childhood had always been more well known for who he was related to than for who he actually was.

His oldest brother Zachary (19), most closely resembled him - with wavy brown hair, hazel eyes, and a grin that got him more than a few girls during his highschool years. He was a bossy kid, who was always quick to rebel, and slow to follow orders. Though he kept a close protective eye on his younger siblings, this was sometimes more of a bad thing than a good thing, as he would often get all four of them into scrapes. Known for getting into fights, and mouthing off to teachers, he still managed to get good grades and recently moved away from home to attend college on campus.

His next brother Noah (18), didn't really seem to look like anyone in the family, and his brothers often teased that he'd been found on the doorstep of their home when he was a baby. He'd always been the peacekeeper in the family, and spent his days trying to ensure that the others didn't rip each other's throats out over petty arguments. He'd never had any big plans for the future, other than one day starting a family, and still lived at the family home - where he helped his mother with the chores, and the bills with his job as a mechanic.

His last brother Elias (17), was said to be the spitting image of his father - with scraggly black hair, and a considerable amount of stubble by the time he was fifteen. He was always sporting smirks and cracking jokes. A social butterfly of sorts, he knew everyone and everyone seemed to know him. He currently attends the same highschool as Nicholas

Though people knew little of Nicholas himself, he was often seen hanging out with his older brothers. Zachary especially seemed to be his favorite, before he moved away, and he would follow him on all his escapades - even if he didn't always particularly enjoy them. An aspiring writer, when not hanging out with his brothers, he was seen curled in a corner with a notebook and pencil - eagerly scribbling down the worlds and characters that lived in his mind.

His choice to go to the mansion was 25% teenage recklessness, 25% a hope for inspiration, and 50% an attempt to prove himself. His brother Elias was who first alerted him to the upcoming trip, telling him that a group of kids he knew would be heading up their. Making it sound like he himself would be going, he made it quite clear to Nicholas that if he were to refuse he was a pathetic wimp, and would hear no end of it. In the end, Nicholas reluctantly agreed. A few hours before the trip, however, he was quite annoyed to learn that his brother was not planning on attending also, but that he had, as he put it, a "hot date". By this time, his brother had already arranged him a ride, and reminded him that it would be rude to back out. Nicholas was angry to have been tricked, but he didn't believe in the supernatural in the first place; Besides, with any luck, the trip would at the very least give him some ideas for a new story.

Nicholas, the youngest of four boys, was raised by a doting single mother. A stubborn confrontational child, the only time people at school paid him much attention was when he was causing a scene - these scenes most often involved him either starting, or jumping into, a fight. Besides this, he was more well known for being related to his older brothers (Zachary, 19, Noah, 18, and Elias, 17) than anything else. He felt his brothers were company enough, and had little to no friends - preferring to tag along with his siblings. He's an aspiring writer, who spends most of his free time scribbling down the worlds and characters that live in his head. He was tricked into coming by his older brother Elias, and while he's angered by this, he hopes he will at least get a few good story ideas out of the experience. He doesn't believe in the supernatural.
Items brought along:

• Old flip-phone
  • A large dark green sticker-covered backpack (which the following items are currently being kept in)
  • Sheffield pocket knife (mainly used for sharpening pencils)
  • Pencil bag (containing an eraser, three pencils, and two pens - one red, one blue)
  • Large hardbound notebook
  • Flashlight
  • Extra lightweight jacket (one of the ones made to be folded up super small)
  • Handheld tape recorder
  • A small hand-me-down camera that almost never seems to work properly
  • Two metal waterbottles
  • A paperbag lunch he doesn't want to admit his mom packed (containing a small thermos of chicken noodle soup, two turkey sandwiches, a bag of celery sticks, and an oatmeal creme pie)

Fears and phobias:

• Main fear: Fear of no escape (he finds being tied up especially terrifying) - Having three older brothers has it's cons, especially when at a young age they decide "Who can scare Nicky the worse?" to be a good idea for a game. Variations of the game included "Who can make Nicky cry quickest?", "Who can hurt Nicky and get away with it?", and "Who can get Nicky in trouble?". During one such of these games, they decided that tying the six year old child up with a jump rope and locking him in a closet would be a good idea. Holding his favorite box of crayons at ransom, they threatened to break every one of them into little pieces if the younger boy so much as made a peep. Though his mother realized her boys were being much too quiet within an hour or two, and came to his rescue, the six year old had already decided that he was going to be stuck in there until he died. Since then, he's never been able to shake the feeling of panic that comes over him when he's in a small space, or when someone so much as pins his arms behind his back.

• Fear of high manmade objects - Ask Nicholas to take a walk on the edge of a cliff, and he'll have no problem with it. Ask him to take a walk on a tall bridge, and he'll adamantly refuse. While he trusts nature, he's never trusted things made by other people. Bridges, lighthouses, tall staircases - the idea of them collapsing seems more than likely to him, and he'd rather not end up with any broken bones. He likes to try and come up with reasons why this fear could be traced back to his older brothers, but when it comes down to it, the truth of the matter is that this is his only fear they didn't cause.

• Fear of broken bones - When he was eight, his older brother Zachary pushed him out of a tree. His arm broke upon impact. Though it healed fine, the fact that something inside him could simply snap like that absolutely terrified him.

• Fear of suffocation/being buried alive - This one is quite simple. When he was seven, Elias once held a pillow over his face for a bit too long to 'show him what it would be like to be buried alive'. Since then, well, the worry that something like that would actually happen has always been at the back of his mind.

Transport: His brother arranged for him to catch a ride with Ellie Laynon.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thank You
@redblood how do you manage to be online so often? I never don't see a green pulsing dot beside your name

Cause I'm unemployed, searching for job, has way too much free time and is far too addicted to my computer to not check every site I like at least once every fifth minute o.O

Since it has been a bit over two weeks since the sign-ups opened, we're gonna make a roll call just to make sure everyone are still interested and ready to start this weekend/possibly Monday. If anyone wants to jump out or has gotten real life issues that prevents them from posting the first post for more than a couple of weeks, state so now. If real life has gotten in the way we can fix that by making that character arrive late, so in no way will that make you thrown out of the roleplay. All the users that are still interested and ready to post whenever the IC's up will get their names crossed.

@Jhuton (x)
@Jakers (x)
@Momozono Yuuna (x)
@Lawkheart (x) -confirmed over skype every day for weeks-
@Clear (x)
@WhoopDau (x)
@Cwolf0615 (x)
@Polystical (x)
@Rambunctious (x)
@Hiroshi (x)
@Ayla (x)

Last edited: