EsthaliaxMinibit

((I can alter my post if its tough to reply to =) ))

(( the post is just fine, i got a tattoo on my wrist over the weeked so it takes me a while to type. I will have a post soon though :) Sorry about that ))

(((ooooh sweet! Take your time brah =) ))

"You're the scary one!" She was panting, out of breath and covered in enough nervous sweat to make her pomegranate deodorant and perfume fail her. She pushed her brown hair out of her face and wiped at the couple cuts that covered her arms in thin lines. She was dirty and shaking, curled up against the wall that she had just electrified the devastatingly horrifying spider. Kendall held the wires tight in her hand, not sure if she was going to have to use them on the strange man too.

The sound of the unknown had made her jump, so far she had already witnessed what she thought was impossible. No wonder people were getting so sick in the town that surrounded this place- there was enough radiation here to create giant spiders!

"What do you mean, not alone?" Kendall stared at the ragged man, afraid to hear the answer.

((Oh btw what kind of tattoo did you get? ))

"Them!" Diedricht yelled, lunging forward to grab the terrified girl's wrist and yank her to her feet, he had been planning to bolt towards the stairs where she had been coming from; but found himself cut off as something that was more fur and slobber and teeth and claws than human unleashed a scream on a level usually reserved for dog whistles.

"Fuck!"

For the moment, the gruesome corpse of the spider acted as a bizarre barrier to a few of the advancing mutants, but it wouldn't stop them for more than a few seconds; the thing wasn't impossible to climb, or jump, apparently

Six blinking eyes stared out from between the matted fur of the hairy creature as its multiple rows of teeth exposed themselves in a slavering leer before it began to pounce

((Superman symbol on my wrist. Black and skin tone :D )

Kendall screamed out of reflex. The hairs on the back of her neck stood up at the sight of the luminescent eyes. She gripped tightly to the man who was attempting to keep her close. Was he going to protect her? How did all this happen? What were they and what was he?

Her spine went rigid as a long wet tongue reached out from the darkness, roughly tasting her arm and cheek. She sucked as much air in as she could, shocked from the cold wet sensation. She was trembling as the monster grumbled low in it's throat. A high pitched scream destroyed the deadly silence of the room as the monster opened its mouth, strange flaps of thin skin fanning out from the sides of it's head.

"What the fuck it that!?"

"How should I know just RUN!" Diedricht hollered, renewing his grip on her wrist to drag her along behind as he bolted to the side of the creature as it lept forward; heading toward the stairs. But the adrenalin from being released and being attacked would not last that long, and the dead spider's long legs splayed out around its vast carcass in front of them, creating hurdles his legs were becoming less and less willing to jump

He swerved desperately, to get around the legs or at least to their outer sections where they slumped loser to the ground than the elbow-like peaks nearer its body, and clambered over the first quick enough, but the second trapped his scraped and bare foot under its bristly joint, and he found the tile floor rushing up to his face, connecting with a painful smack as ringing in his ear overpowered the enraged scream of the monster now coming about to follow them

A small groan escaped Kendall's lips as she was pulled forward, dangerously dancing around the spider trying to get to the stairs. She managed to get her feet untangled from the corpse and pulled the strange man forward towards the stairs; his body slowing from exhaustion. As soon as she placed her boot heel on the steps, she felt a chill on her back. Adrenaline shot through her body for the umpteenth time, making her race madly up the spiraling steps. She couldn't see the monsters, but she could feel their presence, horrifying and deadly.

Never before had she witnessed something so gruesome and disturbed.

((Sorry for the late post brah! Got to the final bossfight in my final fantasy game and I've been caught up in that instead of going on the computer V_V ))

Diedricht was aware of himself being towed along in the girl's panic, and would have made more an attempt to keep up if his legs would cooperate and if the stars in his eyes would clear to let him see the steps before them.

Eventually they emerged in a chamber high above where the monsters had emerged from their cells, and Diedricht dragged himself over to the hole they had scrambled through - well, more like dragged for him - and pulled a nearby desk in front of it.

Then he collapsed against the wall, his ears ringing, his mind buzzing and the various cuts and scrapes he had aquired on his legs and arms stinging with the grime that was probably going to infect them if he couldn't get them properly cleaned - which seemed unlikely.

(( lol it's fine, no worries))

Kendall collapsed against the wall, her chest rising and falling with her panicked breaths. She wiped the sweat and hair out of her face, looking over to the man; he was just as tired if not more.

"What's going on?"

This was the story of a lifetime, if she survived. Kendall looked down at her camera, it had been tossed around and hit against the stairs and wall. She examined it to make sure it worked. When satisfied, she rested her head against the dirty wall, exhaling deeply.

"I was hoping you would know" Diedricht rasped, leaning his head back against the wall - the rough stone was far from comfortable, but it felt cool against his overheating scalp.

"Diedricht Maur, by the way" he added, extending a hand toward her, trying to get his elusive breath back. "Call me Rick if it's too hard to say"

He took in the girl in a little more detail now that they were, well, not running for their lives. The first thing he noticed was the camera, the second was the large bag by her side - it didnt look decorative; a student? a reporter? a photographer? What in blazes was she doing here? Where was here, anyway?

"Do you at least know where we are?" he added, cocking his head to the side - habit.

"Kendall Cambridge, reporter for the Weekly Times..." She smiled weakly, not knowing if he would even know what that was. "I wish we met under better circumstances Rick." She laughed nervously. "You're in Westerlo Colorado...I'm here trying to find out why people in the town surrounding this plant are getting so sick. There have been very exreme cases of madness, cancer and other illness reported from all sides surrounding this place-seemed like the best story for me up until now." She fidgeted with her camera, still checking it for damage. She had taken a few photo's but in her panic, hadn't managed to get any clear ones of the spider. she examined Diedricht through her camera, taking a quick snap of him. He looked ridiculously hungry and thirsty. Without a second thought, she dug through her messanger bag and pulled out a box of granola bars and two bottles of water.
She tossed a bar and a bottle to him, raising her eyebrow in question.

"I deffinitely didn't expect this..." She wiped some sweat from her brow. "I do have to ask Rick, What were you doing down there?"

"Oi!"Diedricht raised an arm over his face reflexively. He didn't remember giving the journalist girl permission to photograph, but quickly forgave when proper food was tossed at him. He tore the wrapper off of the snack and bit off a mouthful, trying to chew slowly and savour the morsel.

"Well we're at least still in the city - and your guess is as good as mine. I put in a complaint to the plant cause I was feeling sick too, sleepwalking and losing time and shit, one minute I find myself in this alley, next minute I wake up down there, nothing but the clothes on my back and this disgusting goo-water they toss on my head every day - sorry by the way, I've gotten used to it but I'm sure I reek to you"

He finished the granola bar between words and took a gulp of the water "God that's good"

Kendall found humor in his words, laughing as he drank. "the who place smells like ass if you ask me..." She frowned, waving her hand in front of her face dramatically. She watched him eat, color returning to his once pale face. She turned her camera off and let it hang around her neck again, gently resting against her chest. She took a moment to look down the hallway, listening for anymore gruesome sounds she heard previously.

"When you're ready, we should try and find out what's going on here... and find an exit..."

"I've been ready to get out of here for so long, you have no idea" Diedricht replied, pulling himself to his feet. "But you can't have been here too long - don't you remember your way in?"

The girl certainly didn't look like an extended visitor; her clothes - although scraped and soiled with grime, were overall clean and far from rags; her color was flushed, and her eyes didn't hold the strangeness of one who has been in the darkness so long, they have almost forgotten what light is like. She also appeared - aside from a fright and being shaken up - to be in good health.

As if spurred by the thought, pain clutched Diedricht's bones, and he flinched with his entire body, making him almost fall to his knees as he gasped for the breath that seemed to be absent from his lungs, from behind his tightly closed eyelids there flashed a hint of green glow

(sorry about the short post, brain fart)

Kendall crawled over to him, blurting out in panic. "Rick! Are you alright?" She gripped his arm and tried to look at his face, which was dirty and grimaced. She looked back the way she came, rubble had completely blocked the wall she had crawled under and the doors she had gone through. kendall opened her bag and grabbed a handkerchief</SPAN></SPAN>. She poured some water on it and tried blotting at his face, which felt as if it were burning up.
"Rick...."

(( lol me too! It's been a long day))

((the fudge? I was wondering what was taking so long, I swear to god I wrote a reply >.< Are you still interested in continuing?))

(( haha! No problem! I've got a lot going on so it's fine! Whenever you're ready!)

"The way out?" Diedricht managed, forcing gulps of musty air back into his lungs as the seizure slowly passed. God, it felt like his bones were changing shape and shuffling his muscles along with them. He tried to straighten and found his body protesting, and decided walking like quasimodo wasn't too bad until the pain eased a little bit. When he opened his eyes, the green glow was gone, and they were their customary color.

Kendall tried her hardest not to be completely terrified, but it was useless. Her body trembled as she watched Diedricht fight through the pain, stumbling with his back arched in a strange bell-ringer fashion. She pointed her index finger in the direction that had come from, looking baffled at the pile of rocks and rubble that was now in its place. </SPAN></SPAN>

"I…I don't know" She shuddered, thinking of what terrible event led to the wall collapsing in on itself and blocking any exit available on that end of the building. "I guess we have to go all the way through-" Just as she was about to finish her sentence, a horrid scream came rang through the hall accompanied by a pungent-sickly smell wafting through the air.</SPAN></SPAN>

"Ugh, god! What is that?!" Kendall was quick to cover her mouth and nose, not sure what to think about the wretched smell. She looked toward the other hallway, a narrow, blackened void that Kendall wanted to avoid at all costs.</SPAN></SPAN>