Essence of the Pheonix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shigure
"Well well" The tengu looked down from a tree his wings out. "What do we have here" he said loud enough for those gathered in the area. This was interesting all in it's self. The looked down and he jumped off the branch and started free falling. It was at that moment with before he hit the ground used his wings to dramatically slow him down. With a light 'thud' his feet made impact with the ground.

Izana looks at her and smiles softly. "We just want to have a civilized discussion. My homeland's effectively a wasteland by now, and as a result I am very unfamiliar with the state of the world outside it. You made mention of the myths of olde, and I for one would be lying if I said I wasn't curious, but if you're not comfortable discussing something like that then, how about we get to know each other a little better to start? that way you can make your own judgements about us and if you think positively or negatively about us?" Izana Takes his hat off for a moment, allowing the Dragon Scale Hairclips to be visible as he adjusts his hair, before replacing his hat on his head. "For example, I come from Kasia, a land ruled by a particularly aweful tyrant who is just about ready to remove peoples rights in favor of whatever he wants, or thats the way it seems so far. A land that used to be well-suited for trade with lavarocks, Volcanic Fertilizer, and more that thrives in an evioronment like that has become a desert wasteland. Rivers of magma are dry, There are rare plants outside of the nobility, and the small volcano's that used to be present in inns have been replaced with water fountains for ovious reasons..." He sighs, Before offering her his hand. "What about you? Where do you hail from, and what's it like?"

@Sephira

Lucia looks up at the male who landed in the small group of people. Her wings still fluttering softly as she gazed around. "I am Lady Lucia de Marcellus, a noble of this country, or should I say Lady Sephiria's right hand. I've know this land my entire life. It's dark gloomy yet magical in its own ways. You can fine all sorts of mysteries or even a rare race such as the Pegasus in this domain. This land is frozen in its dying beauty. Even though everything here seems beautiful and normal its not. Our Queen is the life source of our land which is why we protect her. Kuraizora's fleeting beauty is due to her life enegery. Because she's a sleep for longer then normal things here are dule. The sky would normally light up in an aurora or beautiful colors which seemed unreal. I, personally, knew all the Lords of the other Kingdoms rather well. The many times they'd try asking for Milady's hand in marriage, seemed nothing more then a game though we all know they loved her." She says with sorrow filled words as she reached out to touch a flower which didn't seem very vivide in its own color until her touch. "Everything in the forest use to look like this flower does when it's touched...Everything seemed to glow in the night."

@FireDrake150 @SashaBliss

Izana Nods a bit and smiles as she talks. It would indeed seem that under the current state of things, everything is falling apart gradually, even here, where the decay is less evident. "Rare races, Interesting. In a way I am one as well, but I'd rather not get fully into that." He continues smiling softly and genuinely, Staying his hand from the flower, but gets just near enough to it to provide an adequate warmth to it. "I am, or was, a noble of my land. I was the rightful heir, but I was too young when the tyrants stole that from me, Without so much as telling me to get lost, So I don't know if you recall me, it may have been too recent an occurance. I do remember the time when the countries would have visitors, at least before Kasia's 'doors' were closed to foreigners for the most part. That's something I hope to change. Hell, in Kasia it's illegal to so much as read the old legends, let alone speak a Word of them. Were we there now, With what you've just said, you'd likely have a sword through your chest. that is also something I am guilty of, as I was well-known for telling others to follow their beliefs and not to let the tyrant's order them to think or feel in particular ways. Such a shame the way things are. Might I ask for your permission to Continue our peaceful chat somewhere where more heat may be present? I'm still not used to the reduced heat a lack of scales and desert can provide....." Realizing he just slipped up, he quickly changes the subject. "So, Lady Lucia de Marcellus, have you visited any other countries? You may have known this one your entire life, but that doesn't mean you haven't gotten a chance to visit the other kingdoms."

"Killing me wouldn't be that easy I asure you. They wouldn't stab me. I'm a master of allusion and I've learned things for the Lords over the years. I have visited the other lands often. This might have been my home but I assure you its not the only place I've ever known. I would often be sent to the other Kingdoms with news for official business or just because. This kingdom is rather cool, colder then the others. In fact the only place that has almost all seasons. The hottest places would be the hot springs." Lucia says simply.

@FireDrake150

Then there's one thing we have in common. I'm a lot harder to kill then that as well, for reasons I am not yet ready to fully disclose. I hope you understand." He continues with his smile, until recieving the temperature information. "I see....Is there any location where I may be able to purchase warmer clothing with Kasian Currency then, since travelling to a Hot Spring will be rather impractical?" he inquires, maintaining his friendly attitude, all the while tightening his coat and exhaling a small flame inside it where he thinks it's hidden, trying to heat the air and maintain his warmth.

Calista was the last to arrive and was more worn out than before. She collapsed right behind the dragon person, exhausted and feeling like she was drying up. Too much running and no water was not good for a water type such as her but she would have to endure until she found water. After regaining her breath, Calista stood and soon saw the stream and dove for it, gathering water in her hands and drinking it down. She paid no mind to the others around her but kept an ear out for their conversation.

"I figured you'd find something in town honestly. It gets cold enough for snow here." She shrugs looking up to the sky. "So, you say you want to help your people and the kingdoms but can you prove it? How do I know your not just saying such things to get me to revile her location and kill her or take her power for yourself? I've told you the basics of my being, those who asked could gain the same information from me. I can guide you to her however you'll have prove worthy to the forest for Kuraizora Castle to be reviled. Even those native to this land don't know the location of the castle. You can search all you want but will never find it. The forest has a life and mind of its own, its essence much like the other kingdoms, and their Lords, are intertwined with the Phoenix Suzaku." Lucia says as her bare feet touch the water of the stream causing it to glow. "It's a magical place." Escapes the faes lips more to herself as she smiles at the reflection.

@FireDrake150 @Cybermoon

Izana nods, listening to the words. "I understand. and I undersand your hesitation. I'd be the same in your shoes. As for Proof, I don't know how to proove it. I'd love to, but I just don't know the best method. I am a member of an endangered species. We were hunted for our hides and our bones, hunted to grant power and status amongst others. I lost my family. I used to be a noble, but that was snatched from me the day my family was executed, nay, MURDERED in front of me when I was but a hatchling....From then on, rather then setting my heart on revenge, I sought after aiding others and attempting to make others lives better than my own, after all, if I can make a positive difference in the lives of those around me, well, that's more than enough for me. The Needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, and right now, at least in the land of fire, people are suffering. People are dying. The endless heat is only something select few races, including my own, can handle. The tyrants steal as much as they can from the hard working citizens, and...charge them such high taxes they can barely manage to feed themselves....If you are indeed the right hand to the sleeping lady of legends, all I want is to see the world restored to it's former glory. for that, I would gladly lay down my life." He smiles weakly at the thought of others being happy, but during the points of suffering he mentions, genuine tears of sadness can be heard. At this point, he takes his coat off, shivvering, and exposes his arms, which have been significantly scarred far worse then anything self-harm would accomplish. "I have been lucky to survive numerous attempts on my life, I want it to mean something..." He picks his coat back up and puts it back on, tightening it and shivvering. "I only hope the Forrest feels the same way about the state of the world and wants to help it...." He sighs a bit. "I'm actually surprised you haven't yet asked what I am. Usually thats one of the first questions I'm posed with...After all, not many humanoids can survive within Kasia anymore, at least, not out in the open."

@Sephiria

"Your a dragon. There was never a reason to ask since I already knew. I notice things others usually don't." She says looking at his arm. She ran her fingers across the scars gently before he place he's coat back on. Lucia apologized quickly before looking to the other. "What about you?" She asks nonchalant as the wind begain to blow and mist filled the area. "Oh?" She whispers hearing giggles echo though the forest. "Pixies? No. The forest itself."

@FireDrake150 @SashaBliss @Cybermoon

Calista looked up at the fairy girl now that she had her fill of water and was completely re-hydrated. She was about to answer when the fairy mentioned something about pixies or the forest or something else. She turned her eyes to the person who was also with them, a winged man that almost looked like an angel but dressed in robes that belonged to a Holy person. She looked at the other male in curiosity and wonder but shook her head and turned back to the fairy. "My name is Calista and I hail from the kingdom of Mizu." She introduced herself, sitting up and criss-crossing her legs to sit Indian style. "If you would permit me, I can show you the reason I wish to awaken the Sleeping Lady of Legend." She states, looking to the fairy for permission. Her magic was a bit powerful now that she was around a water source.

"I know how the land of Mizu looks. Like I said whether I except you or not isn't much of a reason. Plus, finding her isn't the problem, wakening her is. I don't know how to. I've searched every book of spells for an awakening spell but have yet to find one. The power of six demon Lords in one body is very unstable and I think that's the reason she put herself in that sleep was to protect us and herself. Unlike the other lands if Sephiria dies our land and Magic will be nothing. We will be pushed into oblivion." Lucia says softly before taking a deep breath. The giggling continued to echo throughout the trees as the wind begain to pick up speed, trees begain to sway as well and insects swarmed. "The forest has challenged your worth." She says as the chaos begain.

@Cybermoon @FireDrake150

He looks at her and shakes his head, dismissing the apologies, tipping his hat again. "I must apologize then, Ma'am, for thinking you were still unaware." He looks to the forrest as it picks up, apparently 'Challenging his worth', he walks a little ways foreward, and takes a deep breath. "Dear forrest, I know how hollow words can be, so rather than try to explain my worth in something so hollow, allow me to prove it in action, or search my mind. I submit myself to you for judgement...." Hoping the forrest is willing to work with him to prove to not only the forrest, but to he himself, his worth. "I am a dragon from Kasia. I am rather saddened by the state of the world, and would gladly give my life to help others out." He smiles weakly, waiting for something resembling a challenge to be posed for him. "However I may prove my worth, I am willing to try." He glances around, shielding his eyes from the wind and hoping for the best, shivvering in the cold*

"Prepare yourself." She whispers to him just before the wind swarmed him, the cold spiraling wind with flacks of snow making it hard for him to see or hear. The wind and snow grow heavy apon the dragonoid rising him high above the trees. "You wish to awaken me you say." Whispers the wind "Your mind is the truth, your heart guids your way." After a moment the wind slowly fades away dropping him where he stood before. Singing then filled the forest. A soft sweet melody. While the wind carried Izana away the water seemed to turn to fire around the other woman, the one from Mizu. Though the fire was an illusion it felt so real. After the flames whispered to her they faded as well leaving all to stand their.

@Cybermoon @FireDrake150

The fire had felt so real to Calista that she felt as though she would dry up. But she passed through it until she heard the whispers and the illusion receded. Calista breathed a sigh and looked towards Izana to see if he was okay. She hoped that the cold did not affect him too much, because if it did she would have no way to help him.

Izana Lifts his arms go protect his eyes from the swirling winds, lifted into thr air. Even for an experienced adult dragon the winds would be hard to handle, So adsuming it is part of the test, He listens to what they have to say before lowering him back down, Where a small fire escapes his lips for a moment, Trying to stave off some of the cold that he now felt as he looks to the Mizu resident and the Fae in the vicinity, Before slowly starting off in the direction of the singing, keeping his wits about him.

Lucia shakes her head. "Close your eyes." She says. Once they closer their eyes she then guided them trough the forest. "You can open them now." She says only to reveal a enormous castle dead center of a lake. The lake much like the castle was huge and made you seem to think the only way to get to the castle was to swim or fly. Smaller creatures with wings such as pixies played across the water and a few Pixie sized mermaids flicked their tails. "This is Kuraizora Castle. Watch yourself the pixies don't play nice." She says stepping foot on the water only to have a stone path reveal itself to them. Lucia quickly hopped across and walked into the castle. "I wouldn't touch anything if I where you. I'll show you to her chambers then the one you can stay in while your hear." She says leading the way to the Lady's room. Soon she stopped at a giant door and took a deep breath. "Here goes nothing." She says more to herself before opening the door. Sleeping peacefully was none other then the Lady of Legends herself. Draps falling around the bed was more noticeable as Lucia walked closer to her.

_20151107_105459.JPG
The furniture is black where white and silver wear gold. A canopy of sheer draps fall around the bed. Walls are deep red along with her bedding. What's pink is red as well.

@FireDrake150 @Cybermoon

Calista followed the fae to the castle and all but stared at the water that surrounded the castle. She was a little put off that she couldn't swim in it at that moment but decided it was for the best and continued to follow Lucia. She heeded the fairy's warning and refrained from touching anything in the castle and just looked, admiring everything the castle had to offer. She looked towards Izana, wondering if he was just as curious about the place as she was. They had stopped in front of a door and Calista's eyes widened a bit as they opened to reveal the room in which the Lady of Legends was sleeping.

Izana follows their fae guide, not touching everything, but relieved once they get inside and there is a marginal amount of heat that the outside didn't have. Walking up to the Lady of legends once they go to visit, He looks at her softly and smiles. "I hope you're resting well, Ma'am." He glances around, just as amazed, if not more so, then Calista. "I must thank you for everything so far, Ma'am." He bows lightly to the Fae that had guided them. "not to mention the thanks you deserve for not freaking out and running when learning I am a dragon." He slowly stretches his wings, letting the ice and frost fall off of them, before refolding them and bending over to clean it up.

"Milady." Lucia corrected "She's royalty after all. Anyways, now is the time to ask anything. If you don't have any questions I'll show you to your rooms and let you explore. Though I will warn you. Much like the forest the castle seems to have a mind of its own as well." The fae the pushed Sephiria's silver strans from her face only to bursh across soft porcelain skin. "Lady Lucia! Your back?" Says a maid who was walking by to notice the door was open. "I figured you would be out until late. Oh? We have guest too?" She says curiously.

@FireDrake150 @Cybermoon

Status
Not open for further replies.