Espera: A Spirits' Quest [ooc]

V

Volatile

Original poster
[Espera….a land of great wonder and magic. Long ago there was an unspeakable evil force that cast it’s shadow over most of Espera. This evil, this…Demon, both Hideous in appearance and actions, was able to influence the underworld’s spirits and brought them to living form to wander, destroy and enslave all of Espera. But with an Ancient Evil, there comes ancient Heroes. After a long gruesome battle with the Demon, a group of Heroic travelers cast away it’s spirit but at a great price; the Demon was still so powerful, it was able to take their spirits into the Void of Time as well. Peace was restored to Espera but rumors quickly spread of sightings of the Demons minions throughout the land, abducting anyone and turning them into sacrifices in order to bring back their hellish Deity. Many prophets studied these rumors, to the point of death, and found them to be true. Soon the few prophets left assessed that not only would the Demon’s spirit return, but the spirits of the Heroes as well. It would only be a matter of time before Espera would be pulled right back into the middle of another struggle for survival.]

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Ok so here’s the details I’ve thought up. This RP takes place mostly in Espera, but it starts with your character in our time, and our world now. What happens is through some strange way (be creative) your character comes into contact with their “Espera Spirit” which triggers a Void that sucks you in and brings you into Espera. Everyone involved in this way has a strange familiarity with each other because of their spirits’ link, but they can’t quite figure it out since they’ve never met before back in our world.

Now then, all I need to just START the thread are four people, but by all means I would greatly appreciate more than that to join. So here’s how this works: I need a Ranger, Warrior, Mage, and Assassin (I’m taking the Monk role) to help make up the main group. Anyone else who joins can end up joining/helping or even hindering the group later but their characters have to already be Esperan, and not from our world.

Also, your characters have no knowledge on the use of any weapons or combat prior to coming to Espera. They have yet to “synchronize” with their new spirits so as the story progresses and the more battle experience they gain, the better their abilities become (don’t worry we’ll progress quickly enough)

Character Sheet: (main group)<o:p></o:p>
Name:
Age: (nothing younger than 18 and no older than 25 please)
Spirit Class: (RANGER, MAGE, WARRIOR, MONK, ASSASSIN)
Appearance: (include a picture, description, or both. Also try and include what they looked like before entering Espera)
Weapon(s): (Max of 3)
Abilities: (You don’t have to get into an elaborate explanation of every ability you’ll have, just be general about it)
Story/Personality: (Roughly explain your characters’ personality and what it was they were doing before they were brought through the void)

Character Sheet: (everyone else)
Name: (Espera name only)
Race: (Elves, Humans, Faeries, ect ect. Chances are I’ll approve, this is fantasy after all)
Class: (RANGER, MONK, WARRIOR, ASSASSIN, MAGE)
Appearance: (include a picture, description, or both)
Weapon(s) (Max of 3)
Abilities: (You don’t have to get into an elaborate explanation of every ability you’ll have, just be general about it)
Story/Personality: (Roughly how your character acts and their role in Espera)

<o:p>Main Spots:
Ranger-
Warrior- Vay
Mage- March Knight
Monk- Feedback
Assassin- Aki
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
</o:p>
Character Sheet: (main group)<o:p></o:p>
Name: Cole

Spirit Class: Monk

Appearance: Cole is 5’7” with deep brown eyes and very short spiked black hair and has an athletic build. He normally wears loose fitted jeans, black tank top with a plain white unbuttoned dress shirt over it and a necklace of an eagle’s talon he received from nursing an eagle with a broken wing on a rooftop. Once in Espera, he is presented with the Monk’s attire; white loose pants tied off at the waist with a thick black sash, thick white cloth crossed-wrapped with thin chains as footware and shielded with leather greaves, a long white “tunic-style” shirt that only has a left sleeve and the rest drapes over his left shoulder and ties back around his waist ((think Shaolin monk style of fashion)), and a leather shoulder piece that covers his bare right shoulder and right side of his chest. He still wears his talon necklace.

just picture it all white and a leather shoulder pad over the bare right shoulder http://http://www.yukoart.com/images/news/shaolin_monk.jpg

Weapon(s): Bo Staff and Fists

Abilities: The Monk excels in hand-to-hand combat and unparalleled usage of a bo staff. They also have strong healing abilities and can utilize that type of “holy magic” as an offense as well; either by casting a smiting spell or using their Acupressure (healing through pressure points) skills to paralyze certain opponents in combat.

Story/Personality: Cole has always been a relatively quiet person throughout his life in Ney York, normally keeping to himself rather than with a group of people. His parents were barely around and when they were it was always a shouting match between them, but despite his home life, Cole always managed to keep in good spirits and maintained an optimistic view on the world. Around the age of 16 Cole got into Urban Exploration and “Free Running”. By the age of 20 he knew every nook and cranny the city had to offer him. He had climbed nearly every side of every building and ran from rooftop to rooftop just to feel free, and he did. On his 22<SUP>nd</SUP> birthday, Cole came across an old building he had never noticed before. Instinctively he smiled and began scaling it’s west outer wall, climbing up pipes, grabbing loose bricks, and jumping up from shabby window ledges. When Cole reached the roof there was a stairway door. When Cole opened it, a massive gust of wind pulled him in and he began tumbling down the staircase and was knocked unconscious. When he came to, he could feel grass between his fingers. A cool breeze tickled the back of his neck and the smell of fresh soil filled his lungs. Cole slowly pushed himself up and staggered forward rubbing the back of his head and feeling the massive bump the staircase left there. A few more steps forward and Cole suddenly had to stop himself from stumbling right over the edge of a giant overhang. His eyes slowly lifted from the canyon floor miles below him to the incredible horizon of enormous mountains silhouetted from the golden scheme of colors that filled the sky along with the two Suns and one Moon that hung diagonally over the huge mountain range. In the distance Cole could just barely make out that there were creatures flying all over the mountains and by a brief judge of distance and size, they were large…very large….Cole stood in awe for a brief moment before he heard footsteps behind him. He quickly turned around and noticed he was not the only one who had just awoken in this strange new world.

[Ok so there’s my Character sheet as a rough example of what I mean in the explanations. So the way the story will start is with the group on this grassy Plateau. A prophet by the name “Genolous” will greet the group after everyone has done there introduction post and he will briefly explain a quick layout of the land and he happens to be carrying our armor and weapons so we get suited up nice and quick. We’ll let things roll from there so hopefully this gets some good attention!]

~ Heyy :)
Did you advertise for this ?
Check in Roleplay Resumes to see if you can find someone who might be interested ! :D

figured it was dead concept so I didn't bother with advertising for it. I'm used to just posting the thread and waiting for people to possibly join lol but thanks, i might look into that now though :)

Great ~ Let me know if you have any trouble & I'll do some advertising for you :)

Feel free to post on people's profiles and ask them to join your rp if you think they'll be interested. You can ask in the Cbox, too. I'm sure you'll find some~

As for me, I think I'll make a character sheet, too. I'll have it up soon :)

I so would have joined this earier had I noticed it. I'd love to be the mage if it's not taken.

March, i'd say go for it. no one has asked to be anything really. so everything is pretty much up for grabs, go ahead and make a sheet and post it up :)

*is intimidated by wall of text*

I think I'll try a spellcaster of sorts? Or ranger if you don't have one yet.

well November, i can say that Sakura has messaged me a partial interest in the ranger position but she hasn't confirmed if she's really going for it or not, I'm sure i'll hear back from her soon about it. Assassin and warrior are definitely still up for grabs. March Knight has the Mage position, but don't forget, this is all just for the main group. If you'd like you can make a character who already exists in Espera and they can be any of those roles you'd like. I don't mind people playing more than one character so if you chose to be one of the remaining roles if Ranger is not open and then chose to make your own Espera Ranger, then that's perfectly fine with me.

**Update** Change of plans November, Ranger is all yours. But you're still more than welcome to make more than one character if you'd like. That goes for everyone else too.

Feedback, I'm so sorry I never got around to making a character. If you're still going with this, I'll get to it right away~

it's all good, life happens :) go ahead and write one up. i'm still working on starting this one off. that's what i get for getting involved with so many RP's lol

I don't mind playing the assassin or warrior if this rp is still active :) Just say which you'd prefer me to play as.

Its still open. Since they're both still open I don't have a preference as to which I want you to play. I say go for whichever one you feel you would be better at I guess. Either way welcome aboard!

Okay, I think I'll go for the assassin :) thanks!

Character Sheet: (main group)
Name: Kit Gray
Spirit Class: assassin
Appearance:
Appearance before entering Espera:
AnimeGirlGlassesChanged.jpg
After, wears a black tunic with black trousers and knee-high black boots, wears older glasses with wire frames.
Weapon(s): Two daggers, one with a gold hilt, the other silver.
Abilities: Stealth and speed are her greatest attributes, is an expert of using shadows to her advantage. Can use the twin daggers with great efficiency.
Story/Personality: (Roughly explain your characters’ personality and what it was they were doing before they were brought through the void)
She is a usually calm and quiet girl, but with a fairly childlike mind, being more optimistic and peace-loving than most her age. She is fairly uncomfortable around people but doesn't try to avoid them, instead she has tried to tackle her shyness, but is not very successful.
She lived happily with her parents for several years before being sent to an all-girls boarding school when she turned 12. Due to her absent-minded nature she never became part of the social circles and only gained a single friend who she could rely on.
She decided to focus on writing throughout school and managed to get a collection of short stories published when she turned fifteen. Although she was good at school and got good grades, she was mostly ignored by her classmates and teachers, leading to her getting lost more in her own world.
One day, while wandering through the courtyard of the school, she thought she saw something glinting under one of the trees. When she went to inspect it, she found a tiny, palm-sized mirror. When she picked it up, she lost consciousness instantly.
When she realised she was awake, she found herself laying on soil, rather than the grass on the courtyard. Sitting up, she saw a figure standing a way off, a silhouette against the sun with a mountain range a little way off.
Unnerved by the sudden change of scene, she decided to try to find out where she was.
Standing, she walked over to ask what was going on.

(Is this okay? Sorry if it's not ^^")

its cool, i have a "see i don't need magic" personality idea for the fighter anyway.

Character Sheet:
\
Name: Loyd Debacus

Spirit Class: Warrior

Appearance:
jean.jpg

After: Same thing just add some sections of plate mail here and there. The coat is too bad ass to change.

Height: 7'1

Weight: 298

Distinguishing marks: Numerous tattoos over his body ranging from tribal to celtic, to runic, and so on. He does have one unique tattoo over the both sides of his neck. On the left it says "Forgiveness", and on the right it says "Damnation."

Weapon(s): Standard Longsword, A bastard sword that spits into two thinner bastard swords, and a medium weighted composite bow.

Abilities:

BBS (Bigger, Badder, Stronger): Loyd's a big guy. Bigger, and scarier than your average adult male, and so that entitles him to larger feats of strength, a greater threshold for pain, and a very convincing intimidation factor.

Swordsmanship: Being a warrior who focuses on the use of a sword, it's by far his best talent. Like most warriors he is proficient in the use of almost all of the common hand swords to the larger hand and a half to two handed swords. He is also fairly skilled with knives. His skill in blades is beyond the common thug, or military soldier, but not on the level of a master. Needless to say he can hold his own.

Musical Theory: Being an avid follower of the musical arts, he has developed the ability to decipher sounds, and recreate anything that he has heard over the course of his life. This allows hims to play most musical instruments after watching them being used a few times, but in all actuality he hates playing. Consider it an Audiographic memory in a sense.

SOB (Son Of A B*tch): Loyd's got a natural talent in manipulating the anger inside everyone. With a few words, a simple gesture, or even the slight shifting of his weight he can eat away at someone's self control.

Personality: Loyd's generally a decent fellow, but it's quite apparent that he's not used to having people inside his head. He doesn't have that close "circle" of friends that most people have. It's due to his sarcastic, negative, and down right logical way of thinking. He's a firm believer that not everything in the world will work out, but not everything will blow up in your face. He's got a soft spot for what he considers "kids" which is those younger than 21, but no one has ever learned why.

Story: Loyd's parents were especially distant, neglectful, and downright stupid through the majority of Loyd's life. He tried his first shot of heroin when he was seven, and from then on he's been on this roller-coaster of pills, powers, and liquids. When he was in middle school, he showed a mathematical promise in his studies of numbers, but that was before his parents finally got divorced. When that happened, his crack addicted mother, upped, and took off running with her son in order to escape a whiskey induced beating on his fathers part.

So life was all shits, and giggles for a few years before mommy began to fall back into her needing a bad boy. Next boyfriend turned out to be a beer kinda guy. His name was Marko . All he did was beat her more, and smell like cheap grain.

That's where the police came in. Loyd was going through a period in his life where he wanted to take control of the situation. And he did... by the handle of a hammer as he beat in Marko's skull after a really heavy night of drinking. He'd waited until Marko was asleep, and then WHACK, WHACK, WHACK! The problem was solved...

Perhaps had things ended up differently, Loyd would have been sent to prison for the next twenty years, but as he would say.... "Eh what can ya do? Shit happens." Though that doesn't explain to him how he ended up in some random room that certainly didn't look like his cell... or why there as a bundle of metal plates, a leather coat, and a few weapons at the foot of his bed.

I claim ranger if no one's taken it. Otherwise, I can make a character right away.

Name: Aurielle Pifferswift
Race: Pixie-Fairy* halfbreed
Class: Mage
Appearance:
gfnbn-1.jpg

Weapon(s) A pair of Dual-edged handblades.
Abilities:
-Hynopsis ~ Through a series of fancy gestures and some pixie dust, Aurielle can put a person under a temporary hypnosis spell, duration depends on her~ she cannot make sudden or large movements during the time ~must remain stationary.
-NightingCall ~ Allows her to maximize the decibels of her voice to reach far distances.
-Ability to fly (Pixie/Fairy)*
Unlike her Pixie cousins, Aurielle does not have four sets (two pairs) of crisscrossing thin wings. She does not have the butterfly shaped wings of her Fairy relatives, either. Instead, Aurielle was born with only a single pair of pixie wings. Most of the time, they function as the large fairy wings do, but in quick flight, Aurielle can be clumsy and unreliable because of the wind pressure on her wings.
-Ability to heal/grow plants
Story/Personality: Aurielle grew up isolated from the world just because she was a halfbreed of two distinct races. Her parents disappeared after she was around ten years old and since then she's been flickering back and forth between Fairy and Pixie colonies in silence. She has a few friends, but does not spend too much time with them. Instead, she burrows the fairy manuscripts of knowledge and studies on her own. She is quick to help strangers and passerbys as she wishes for the same adventurous zeal they possess and does not want them to feel the same melancholy of loneliness that her extended families give her.