ESE

Sweetie? Kimi felt her face heat up as two perfectly round pink dots appeared on her cheeks. The "dashing" remark was supposed to be more of a pun than a flirt, though it was true everyone seemed rather attractive in their alter-ego get-up. Kidlat's shameless flirt had caught her off guard, though. "Err...Thank you," she managed to say, followed by a gulp. I do hope that won't come back to haunt me later. Kimi's gaze quickly dropped to the map in her hands. Tiwala had coldly brushed past them all and was now using a tree for target practice. The map showed no response to Tiwala's movements. It didn't even show herself outside the hall. No X to mark her position outside, no increased line of vision on her map, nothing. It was still just a crudely drawn box with a few squiggles on an empty sheet of paper.

"Hmm... Maybe it doesn't update automatically," she muttered. She absent-mindedly followed along in the conversation inside the hall [It's so good to hear out of both for a change] while intently studying the map until someone addressed her. Ears perking up, she lifted her eyes to meet Kidlat's once again. "That does sound reasonable," her gaze shifted to Bantay "but I think Bantay's other point deserves more consideration at the moment. Just how do we tell time here? It's not like anyone has a wristwatch or even an hourglass. At least I don't." Kimi frowned and tapped a finger on her cheek. This place...ESE...was very primitive compared to the technologically advanced era she was from. How did people tell time before the invention of the clock? Her sapphire eyes sparkled as a thought crossed her mind.

"Aha! Perhaps there's a sundial nearby."

Tiwala took out her journal and started browsing the pages: an individual map which updated raughly (she guessed as only her position was pin-pointed); her skills, her inventory. She put away her bow, and instead took out an earring, a long chainy one with a little black stone at the ear, and a simple leather bracelet with a green stone on it. It seemed she had an item per Skill and so did the others... or so she guessed. She looked at her new equipement and than turned around, the others were still talking about exploring and times; "Aha! Perhaps there's a sundial nearby." said the winged one, why didn't they understand that it was just too dangerous to explore without knowing what they could and could not do? They needed help... all of them 'Come on, Ren it isn't dangerous for you... you can help them and they will owe you one' she thought sighing. She never liked long explanations and the shorter way to show them what she meant, was to act.

She made some tries with her magic, taking advantage of her Chameleon ability so as not to be seen, and when she was sure she wouldn't have killed anyone by accident she turned toward the others, breathed deeply, took out her bow (which she knew was her best controlled weapon) and chanted softly: "Nothingness that engulfs every thing, I command thee, become a mist and blind my target: Enchanting Void" she knew it wasn't really necessary all that chanting but she liked it's sound and it made it easier to keep control over the spell. In response to her formula the black stone started to glow dimly and a black mist started materializing around the people outside the doors.

Tiwala tightened her grip on her crystal white bow, feeling with her other hand the leaf carving on its wings, took out an arrow: a black, long one, its pointy triangular tip was raven black and the feathering too was black. She loaded it and found herself liking the striking contrast of black and white. Tiwala drew her bow string, aiming at the door just behind the winged one 'She is Kimi, if i'm not mistaken' she thought with a smile. The arrow then flew in the air, her trajectory clean and sure, safe even (for someone who knew her intentions of course). Its path stopped on the wooden door, or better... IN the wooden door, passing less than a centimeter from Kimi's face.

Tiwala put the bow in the inventory and brought a hand to her hunter knife sheathed on her back, waiting for their reactions.

Last edited by a moderator:

"Just look at the sun," Nimfa stated. Without prompting (she knew nobody would have even this simple knowledge), she started into an explanation. "These trees are deciduous, so we're obviously in spring or early summer--we're probably still in April, just like at home. Days last from about 6:30 to 7:30, and since East is-"

She ceased speaking when a loud 'THUD' reverberated in the air and an arrow sprouted from the front door. Nimfa's first instinct was to dive for cover; however, the only cover available was Kidlat. She stepped behind him anyway, drawing her trident and scanning the forest edge by way of apology for using him as a shield. "Where did that..." Nimfa began, but after a moment the answer became clear. It took some effort to focus her eyes on the slippery target, but Nimfa could see Tiwala putting her bow away. A flash of anger boiled inside Nimfa--not because she was mad about the arrow, but because it had made her react in an embarrassing way.

"Tiwala! If you're bored, practice on the trees, not us!" Rebecca tried to be angry; she tried to glare menacingly and shout furiously. But it all came out softened by Nimfa's physical features, making it appear as a child's tantrum.

"Just look at the sun. Those trees are deciduous, so we're obviously in spring or early summer- we're probably still in April, just like at home. Days last from about 6:30 to 7:30, and since east is-"

Thud.

As part of a newfound instinct, Bantay gripped the rapier in front of him tightly. Following suit with Nimfa, he glared over Tiwala as well. While Nimfa reprimanded her for shooting so close to her new companions, Bantay instead complained about what he assumed to be her intent: to make a sundial. "Hey, I don't know about you, but there's this particular way that I always seen sundials be made, and I'd have to guess that's be because it worked," he started. "And here's a hint, it wasn't an arrow in a door. It was a triangle on a dial," he explained, tone getting increasingly condescending.

Well, there went the hope for no fights. At the very least, it had yet to seem like anyone was going to take Tiwala's side of sending a surprise arrow towards an allie's face, but that didn't mean a whole lot- only he and Nimfa was voiced their complaints so far. The rest of the group still had to speak up, and Neil would admit that he wasn't the best at reading others' expressions.

Reactions: Lady Alainn
Sighing with relief that at least one of them knew how to interpret the sun into time, the winged one followed Nimfa's direction and held her hand over her eyes to squint up at the sun. Kimi only noticed the mist growing in her peripherals milliseconds before a whistling sound came from the trees. "Eee!" She barely jumped back before an arrow sliced through the air in front of her and sat vibrating in the door.

"Hey, I don't know about you, but there's this particular way that I always seen sundials be made, and I'd have to guess that'd be because it worked and here's a hint, it wasn't an arrow in a door."

"There are less dangerous ways to get people's attention!" came a muffled response from Kimi. Muffled because somehow her wings instinctively wrapped themselves around her body in response to the arrow. She couldn't figure out how to make them go back. They weren't a part of her, so no matter which muscles she twitched they didn't respond. Kimi pushed her arms between them and shoved each one to the side to peep through them. She blinked her large eyes in Tiwala's direction. "Please don't take anymore potshots until I get these figured out!"

Koreo was practicing with her skills was listening to the others. She had already embarrassed herself once, she figured to spare her anymore she just wouldn't speak. She had found her weapon in her book, a sharp shiny spear. She kept stabbing the tree, over and over again until she had worn out all her energy and starting to spin in around her and then stabbed the ground. It was a great fighting weapon, but it was hard to carry around. She looked around and noticed the others seemed busy, a perfect time to practice her hiding skill. Koreo blended in with the surrounding trees and watched the others, silently.

Koreo wondered what she looked liked, besides the pink hair of course. Her cloth dress wasn't terrible, but it sure wasn't very protective. She wondered how different she looked here, in her normal life she had medium length curly red hair, and here it seemed her hair was long straight and pink. Cotton candy pink. She continued to watch in the shadows, though she realized it was becoming harder and harder to stay hidden. She was only a level 5 mage, her skills weren't suppose to last long. So she stepped out of the tree line and walked back over to the others, but didn't say a word. She only observed, scared to say anything more embarrassing

Kidlat allowed the others to have turns speaking. It seemed that Kimi, Bantay, and Nimfa were all at least intelligent and trying to further the discussion on where to start their day, even if they disagreed on their methods. So far he mentally agreed with Kimi that it wasn't a bad idea to first try to determine what time it was and how long they would have before nightfall before they made any further plans. Nimfa's observation about the season seemed reasonable, and he imagined she was about to—

Thwack.

He nearly jumped in shock. His eyes snapped open wide as he flinched, his legs bending slightly in preparation to run to safety, and before he even knew he was doing it, his hands had each strayed a foot or so away from his sides, instinctively forming a protective posture as if shielding Nimfa from danger. His eyes darted to the arrow in the door, and it only took a brief moment after that to deduce that said arrow had flown dangerously close to Kimi. No wonder the poor girl had wrapped herself up in her wings in fright. He actually found the sight of her struggling with the new appendages endearing, in a kind of pathetic way, but the primary emotion he felt beginning to boil inside him was anger. Anyone who put Nimfa or Kimi in danger would answer to him. Perhaps it was an old-fashioned, "chivalrous" thought, but that was his thought regardless.

He brushed past Kimi and made firm strides towards Tiwala, his brow furrowed strongly as he bristled in rage. "All right. I was going to consider you a friend. But since you seem so keen on villainizing yourself, care to explain why you nearly shot Kimi in the face? I'm sure we're all oh-so-curious." He was going to go out on a limb here and assume that she had a good reason, or rather that she thought she had a good reason, to do what she'd just done. Antisocial though she was, he would at least give her intelligence the benefit of the doubt.

And somewhere inside him...he wouldn't have admitted it to anyone, but something fierce stirred, some sort of craving, something appreciative of this girl's attitude. She flew solo. She was dangerous. A girl after my own heart...

"Tiwala! If you're bored, practice on the trees, not us!" said the blue one "So... If I wasn't practice it would have been alright, Blue one?" remarked Tiwala with a grin... Nimfa couldn't see the big picture... or so, she guessed.
"Hey, I don't know about you, but there's this particular way that I always seen sundials be made, and I'd have to guess that's be because it worked, and here's a hint, it wasn't an arrow in a door. It was a triangle on a dial," Tiwala looked at Bantay rising an eyebrow "Yep, I saw some documentaries too Captain Obvious... I'll give you a hint, now" she said with stressing the 'I' "It was an arrow, shot from a distance and it hit the door, passing nearly a centimeter from Ms Wingy's cute face"
"There are less dangerous ways to get people's attention! Please don't take anymore potshots until I get these figured out!" Tiwala laughed making fun of the clumsy wrapped one "Do you really think I'd go as far as hitting a door and blinding you just to get your attention?" It seamed though that Koero had started practicing... so not everyone needed help. Tiwala smiled looking at the last one: "All right. I was going to consider you a friend. But since you seem so keen on villainizing yourself, care to explain why you nearly shot Kimi in the face? I'm sure we're all oh-so-curious." She took out her knife holding it with the back of the blade hugging her arm. "Nearly shot her in the face? I'd say I perfectly hit the door instead..." she grinned at him lowering her center of gravity "Do you really think it's so easy to make a friend? We all aim at the same thing... is it enough to make someone a friend? Is it so easy to trust someone?" she sprinted toward him chanting something: "Breath that accompanies all lives, I command thee, become a gust that drives back my target: Enchanting Wind!".
She had said more than she wanted to, revealing more than she wanted to. Her past still haunted her... even in a different world Mamoru's shadow lingered in the air. Luckily this little browl would have brought about what she meant... be it due to her loss or to her victory. She smiled and prepared the blow; though, even if hit, Kidlat wouldn't have been hurt, she went on with her assault, making it as plausible as possible...

Tiwala seemed eager to make a cocky, cynical quip at everything thrown at her. Making herself out to be a villain, indeed. By the time she faced Kidlat, though, she was starting to look less condescending and more angry, if only a little bit. Something was bothering her. He might have been more sympathetic after this realization, but right now he was far too wound up. His right hand had strayed to the hilt at his belt as if by some new instinct. "Right, then, forget friends!" he snarled, but he got no farther. She was chanting something...and charging at him. His eyes widened. No, she was already so ticked that she would attack?! He tensed. He couldn't think. Some part of his mind was screaming at him to dodge the blow. Dodge! Dodge, you idiot!

And...it happened very quickly. He felt a lurch, his senses suddenly slipped into a dizzy whirl of color and movement, and then with a harsh snap the sensation was over. He blinked and staggered. He wasn't standing where he'd just been standing. He was behind her, now facing the others by the door, which now looked far away. He put a hand to his forehead in confusion. What just happened? Did I just...teleport? I don't remember seeing that in the skill list...!

Well, it wasn't the time to investigate. He violently shook that concern from his head and found Tiwala with his gaze again. Ugh, he felt his anger coming back even as he looked at her. "Anyway, forget friends! Forgive my poor language, maybe! I don't care about friends. I care about being friendly, maybe. Being polite and trying to work together. I don't give a crap whether you want to be my friend or not, but you aren't contributing to the group one lick!" He paused to breathe, his breath coming heavy from yelling and the stress of the mysterious teleport-thing that had just happened. "For instance, you didn't even answer my question. I asked you why you shot that arrow. It doesn't matter whether we say it missed Kimi or hit the door, you still shot it, and I take it you shot it for a reason. And if that reason wasn't to get our attention, please enlighten us on what we're missing. That sounds best for everyone, yes? Be a 'friend' and tell us your intended message in a way that won't make us hate you."

He could feel himself simmering inside. Some part of him was aware that it had been a very long time since he had been this angry. He didn't have to be this angry. That arrow hadn't hurt anyone. So why did this girl with the bow rile him up so much?

Was it a sense of betrayal?

Kimi pawed at her wings in an attempt to set them back in place. She felt absolutely ridiculous, but hey, she had wings right? They made her special.

"Do you really think I'd go as far as hitting a door and blinding you just to get your attention?"

Yes, actually, I do, Kimi thought to herself but she knew better than to psychoanalyze their unstable guild mate while ensnared by plumage. Luckily she hadn't dropped her journal. She quickly flipped through the pages to see if she could find instructions on her wings. What she found instead was her inventory. Five icons were printed neatly on the sheet: A blue stone on a gold chain, a matching blue stone ring, a symbol containing images of different wind instruments, a blue ribbon, and a short stick adorned with a blue diamond set in silver prongs on one end. The ring removed from the page easily and slid onto her right ring finger. Next she clasped the necklace around her neck and pulled out the stick. There was a loop on the belt of her skirt and so she hung the ornamented stick from it. Her hand hovered over the instrument icon, unsure of which one to pick. It did not make sense to cart around a bassoon so that eliminated one of her choices. She already knew she could play the clarinet, but the oboe or flute? Kimi selected the flute and tied the blue ribbon around the head joint.

"Do you really think it's so easy to make a friend? We all aim at the same thing... is it enough to make someone a friend? Is it so easy to trust someone?"

Things were escalating quickly outside her feathery world and there was nothing she could do about it with her wings obstructing her movements. "Retract already!" she ordered out of desperation. To her surprise and relief her wings folded against her back-- just in time to see the crazy one charging towards Kidlat. Horror spread across her features. They were turning against each other now!

"Anyway, forget friends! Forgive my poor language, maybe! I don't care about friends. I care about being friendly, maybe. Being polite and trying to work together. I don't give a crap whether you want to be my friend or not, but you aren't contributing to the group one lick!"

Everyone needs to calm down! But how to get anyone to listen?

Slowly she brought the flute to her lips, blew into it gently to warm it up, and closed her eyes as Saint-Saens' Le Cygne flowed from the instrument. Images of a tranquil lake nestled in the Rockies drifted through her head and coursed through the notes. This sense of peace would manifest into the souls of all her listeners, pleading with their adrenaline-pulsing hearts and anger to calm down and take a deep breath. A small smile of enjoyment settled on her lips as she added a graceful swan to the picture, then another and another until seven swans circled each other in unison on the smooth surface of the lake. We must all get along, or we will fail...

Reactions: FiliaFlammae
Chris largely ignored Aria while she began talking, more interested in examining the room and people in it, and confident he could catch back up once his curiosity was satisfied. His eyes caught on Kimi, staring at her for a moment longer than would be considered polite. Chris's brain began working feverishly in consideration of the wings she had and whether or not they would be flight capable. He was beginning to consider the changes that would have to be made to the internal organs to allow for limited or sustained flight when he was brought sharply from his ruminations by a slap to the face. Bringing his attention up to Aria, Chris listened as she healed and explained matters to them. Chris summoned forth the book at roughly the same time as the others, intrigued only faintly by the way in which it appeared.

Chris dutifully pulled up his skills first. He almost immediately selected all the wind magics. Magic, in and of itself, was certainly worth investigating. Besides wind was a largely under-appreciated element. Chris selected his other two skills and moved on to investigate the other pages in the book, noticing that now most people where starting up discussion and leaving the table. Chris glanced up from the book only once while the others went about their business. He had found the guild page and was trying to assign names to the others. He then noticed his own was not on the list. Flipping back to his profile he now saw his name was listed as Ako. Frowning slightly he decided against going by any such name, there was nothing wrong with Chris. Chris had worked his way all the way to the back and was mulling over the idea of messaging someone to test the book when he heard a thump and people started flipping out. Looking for a moment at the people reacting to the arrow in the door and back to the bow wielding lunatic, Chris decided if he was going to message someone it would most certainly be someone other than Tiwala.

Closing the book, finally, Chris snuck out of the room as it seemed there was about to be a brawl. Though he wasn't very sneaky he hoped most people would have continued to ignore him as they have so far, and he began looking around the room he was in. Chris had found the sleeping quarters. Spotting a window Chris smiled as he had found what he had been searching for. Climbing out of the window Chris reflected that while it may not be the most dignified egress, it would certainly serve his purposes. Looking around only for a moment when he got outside Chris left in a direction chosen at random, north-Northeast, and began walking at a brisk pace. He decided to aim to return roughly at sundown.

Kidlad disappeared from before her "One" she whispered turning toward him "For instance, you didn't even answer my question. I asked you why you shot that arrow. It doesn't matter whether we say it missed Kimi or hit the door, you still shot it, and I take it you shot it for a reason. And if that reason wasn't to get our attention, please enlighten us on what we're missing. That sounds best for everyone, yes? Be a 'friend' and tell us your intended message in a way that won't make us hate you." "Make me comply" she answered. Kidlat was unaware of walking on a minefield. She got ready for another attack. Tiwala was about to move when a soothing flute music resounded in the air: "Two" she whispered again feeling her anger subside. Without those feelings her mind cleared, making her purpose easier to see. After all, she didn't want to hurt anyone and her reason wasn't rage 'I'll have to thank her... after all, now... maybe... they'll see my point... maybe not but I don't care' she thought for a moment. Tiwala looked at Kidlat "Come on, Kidlat!" she addressed him, her voice made contemptuous on purpose "If you win I'll tell you all... and if you should lose then..." she sharpened her gaze "Lucky me... I guess" her voice in a low defiance tone; she gazed in his eyes, her now clear gray eyes in his emerald ones. She ran toward him tightening the grip on her knife.

"Make me comply."

Kidlat raised an eyebrow in open bafflement at this point. It sounded like Tiwala was just being cryptic for the sake of being cryptic now, or else being defiant just for the sake of being defiant. Perhaps it was best to assume some of both. But no matter what the balance between the two was, she was being unreasonable. He opened his mouth to retort...

Music. Sweet, sweet flute music echoed through the air, and somehow, Kidlat felt an unearthly calm wash over him. There was no reason for it that he could determine, but it happened regardless. He vaguely perceived that this ethereal music was Kimi's doing. It was beautiful. This felt nice. Why were they fighting? He didn't want to fight. And from the looks of it, Tiwala's face had gone soft too. Good...

But then her expression changed. She furrowed her brow once again and spoke threatening words, her forceful tone of voice sounding strained. She was fighting the music. He frowned at her, but it was more from resigned exasperation than from anger this time. Once again her words made no sense, at least not to him, and she seemed to be actively fighting the very message of that gorgeous music for reasons he could not fathom. He saw her hand move to her knife as she charged for him again, but though he felt the reflex to draw his own and would probably have done just that if he were still angry, he resisted that urge as hard as he could. He focused instead on the area behind her, near the others by the door, and summoned his will.

He vanished from where he stood and reappeared right in front of Kimi but with his back to her, now looking at Tiwala from a different angle. "Win? By what, cutting you down? I'd really rather not test the PvP here." It was true: the world around him felt alarmingly real. He did not doubt that attacks would be painful, and who knew how permanent any bodily damage would be. His expression darkened. "I'm not fighting you, Tiwala. If you really wanted us to know what you're trying to tell us, you would just tell us. If you insist on me fighting you to learn it, then I don't want to learn it. I won't fight you. I'll fight Darkness Beasts, but I won't fight a guildmate." He turned to the door, aiming to walk back inside. "Let's get the interior mapped out like we said." He muttered it halfheartedly to the others present. He wanted to be done here.

Because Kidlat had vanished, Tiwala's wind enchantment blew into Nimfa. It did no damage of itself, but the girl was tossed against the wooden wall. The blow triggered instincts Rebecca never realized she possessed--and maybe she hadn't before now. She brandished her trident, the sun glaring off the hooked tips, and cast a spell. She knew she had cast it by the rush of energy that flooded out from her, but she neither knew nor cared how she had done it. The important part--right now, with her life in danger--was that a small ball of water was now standing on her trident.

Nimfa was going to rush Tiwala, but Kimi's song stopped her. The beautiful music went straight to Nimfa's soul, telling her not to fight. The savage survival instinct was replaced with a calm consciousness. Nimfa lowered her trident from an aggressive thrust to a defensive brace. Thankfully the delinquent wasn't paying Nimfa special attention; this left her time to look at what she was holding. The trident was golden, from the base to all three tips, and was probably a little taller than herself. A small blob of living water--she couldn't help but think of him as a watery Flubber--was running up and down the three prongs excitedly.

This is totally bizarre.

"Tiwala!" Nimfa called to get her attention. "If you want to fight..." she began, lowering her trident and turning it sidelong, "...then here!" She swung her weapon like a golf club, launching Wubber right at the girl so set on violence. Nimfa didn't know what Wubber could do, but Tiwala could answer those questions for her. As it turned out, water can't attack very well. Wubber could run around and splash like mad, but it was about as painful as a water balloon. Conversely, though, a knife couldn't hurt Wubber either.

Bizarre is too soft a word.

Within moments, the arrow had lead to magic- Bantay felt a breeze beside him, and Kidlat disappeared, and Nimfa was pushed against the wall. At some point, the blond fighter had stood up and brandished his sword- funny, he didn't remember doing that- but it seemed to be in vain. There was a melody on the air, and Bantay had to admit that it was soothing. The situation didn't seem nearly as dangerous, and it occurred to him that it would be worth the effort to stop and analyze what was going on.

Bantay took a quick inventory of where everyone was. Most of them had crowded near the door- Ako and Koero had disappeared outside, Kimi was by the door with a flute, and Nimfa close to her. Kidlat was also with those ladies, and Tiwala faced the three of them, being their sole antagonist so far. Bantay also recalled Tiwala remarking to him that she'd sent an arrow towards Kimi's (admittedly cute) face. If he'd wanted to point out that yes, that was, in fact, what she had done and still not a sundial, the point was moot now.

The effect of the music were still there, but thinking critically, Bantay noticed that Tiwala hadn't stopped whatever spell she had. Or, apparently, not a spell- just a countdown in order to rush Kidlat. Luckily, the thief had again teleported, now to behind the crazy, leather clad archer. And then Kislat just- walked away. Like that. Internally, Bantay congratulated him for being able to do that. And he likely would have followed, but Nimfa then launched some (seemingly ineffective) water at Tiwala. Getting tired of this, Bantay did what he thought would be best: he drew attention to himself.

"Tiwala!" he called, and hopped up on the table, then towards the door from it. Bantay couldn't be angry, thanks to the effects of Kimi's music, but he could be determined to stop the fight. "If you want to fight, at least have the decency to have a reason for it- and hell, don't make a game out of it," he added. Though Bantay's voice was certainly loud, it wasn't angry, so much as it was a cold reprimand.

Then he turned around, to Nimfa. "Kidlat has the right idea. Let's not encourage her," he suggested, and pointed his sword, then gaze, towards Tiwala. "That's enough, this is over," he informed her. Curiosity wanted to know what had made the girl attack, but reason made Bantay turn away, and towards his favorite three of the group. "Mind if I join?" he asked, in a much quieter voice.

"Mind if I join?" Bantay said to the quiet-trio. Tiwala grinned, if he thought they were done he was greatly mistaken: "Three" she said, this time referring to herself as she was going to use HER Zero skill and show them what she discovered during her training. She could see the trio's back, she disappeared, her presence nothing more than the one of a leaf, she then rised an arm, opened her hand toward Bantay and chanted again... she really hoped that would work this time, because her energy was dropping quickly and she wouldn't have lasted another spell.
"Shape-shifting shadows that won't see the Sun, mighty wind which blows on them, I command thee, be my chain and stop my target. Enchanting Hybrid!" black, windy chains went toward Bantay, trying to chain him down, but her energy was low, and so her control over the Hybrid Spell. That idea popped to her mind as a flash... and it seemed it could work even if it drained a lot of her energy. She just hoped she would last until they learned. She really hoped that.

It was not only the guild mates who were affected by the enchanting melody of the flute-- it worked on Kimi as well. The notes drew her further and further into its embrace until her whole being aligned with its message. She had no concept of anything outside of the lake, the swans, and the pleading to be unified. In fact, if she didn't know better, she would say she was a swan on the lake. An abstract thought worked its way through her subconscious and formed just long enough to give her a vague awareness of it before melting into her performance: This is why my wings react on instinct. The last notes grew softer and longer, signalling the end of the enchantment. As the final decrescendo reverberated in the clearing, Kimi finally opened her eyes again.

"That's enough, this is over," Bantay was commanding.

To her disappointment and amazement an invisible Tiwala had only shifted her target to Bantay, though the others seemed visibly affected by her performance and were no longer putting up a fight. Tiwala's chains wrapped themselves around Bantay and Kimi stared at her flute in confusion. Why? Why does she not respond to the music? Why will she not work with us? Then another thought entered in. Perhaps she is. After all, if it wasn't for her, they'd still be discussing instead of doing. Instead of learning. Tiwala wouldn't talk unless she was defeated. Determination furrowed her brow. Kimi would make her talk. For all their sakes. Enchant Voice.

A powerful note swelled inside her chest-- building, building, building-- until it begged to be released. Kimi directed her gaze to Tiwala. "He said ENOUGH." Her hand rose and pointed at the huntress as the potent shout sprang from her body and smacked into Tiwala's eardrums. The release acted like the recoil of a fired rifle, sending Kimi staggering backwards. Though the deafening sound caused no damage, it would render the energy-deprived huntress stunned long enough for someone with a real weapon to knock her down into a surrenderable position.

Kimi regained her balance quickly and faced the immobile Tiwala with hands on her hips. "Bantay, after you've untangled yourself from those chains, be a dear and hold your rapier to Tiwala's neck." When the light stun wore off, she said in a no-nonsense, semi-authoritative voice, "All right, Tiwala, you're defeated. Talk."

A subtle wink from Kimi was the only move she made to let the aggressive huntress know she was beginning to understand her... sort of.

Koreo was leaning against the outside of the guild as her eyes surveyed the others. The fighting between the others was almost comical to her. She chuckled softly as her pink hair fell in her face. "Well well well, we are off to a lovely start here" She said as she looked over everyone. Tiwala seemed to be causing problems within the group already. Kimi seemed soft spoken so far but had a calmly aura to her. Bantay, oh Koreo couldn't even describe Bantay though he seemed nice.. enough. Nimfa surprised her though, she had made a water ball at the top of her tree pointed trident. Koreo had to admit, the girl seemed powerful.

Koreo looked around and noticed someone was missing. Her mind was spinning as she looked around at the guild house. "So, anyone have another plan of action?" She asked softly. To be honest Koreo was a little lost in this world, it almost didn't seem real. Koreo felt her cheek that Aria had slapped a while ago and the memory of the pain came rushing back to her. Nevermind, this world is real. She told herself again and again. It hadn't even been an hour yet and the group was already fighting and split. Did Aria know what she was doing choosing them to be her heroes?

Kidlat didn't care too much for Nimfa's concession with the little ball of water either way, but he silently agreed with Bantay. Good. Don't play her game. I can only imagine she's looking for attention...or something. Honestly, I don't know what she's thinking. She's being so persistent...

He'd already turned his attention away from the crazed ranger, but a moment later the sound of what he could only imagine were clanking chains behind him caused him to spin around, and the first thing he blurted in response was an irritated, "Are you flipping serious?!" Clearly Tiwala wasn't done screwing with everyone. His hand went to the hilt of his dagger again, but hesitantly. He hadn't a clue how to get it through this girl's head that all anyone wanted her to do was talk. But before he could decide on a course of action, Kimi proved to be on top of it.

"He said ENOUGH."

The force of the shout nearly bowled him over. There was no way Kimi's body could have held that much air and power unless bolstered by magic. The attack seemed to hit something in the middle of the room that...well, the most descriptive term to come to his mind was "uncloaked." The thing uncloaked as the blast of air hit it, and in half a second, it proved to be a dazed Tiwala. A moment later Kimi stepped up to the plate and commanded the girl to speak. Kidlat tensed just slightly in offense and envy--What makes you think she'll obey you when she didn't listen to me? he thought--but the way the winged one worded her command was telling. Tiwala had been defeated, and she had promised to speak if defeated. She had wanted a battle and seemed to respect battle. His thoughts were racing. Did she want to fight us...just for the sake of fighting us? She wanted to spar? His face lit up in understanding, but a moment later his brow knit again. "Y'know, if you thought it was a good idea for us to practice on each other, you could've just said so," he told Tiwala firmly. "Could've warned us, instead of making yourself out to be a psychopath. Is forming a few words in English really that hard?"

It was strange, being assaulted and subsequently chained down by- wind. Black wind. 'Apparently this one can paint with all of the colors of the wind. Or at least black,' Bantay thought to himself. His younger sister- Neil's younger sister?- had wanted to watch Disney's Pocahontas the previous week, and surprise surprise, Neil, Madison, and Josh had marathoned all in the Pocahontas series. Never the less, Bantay was immediately glad that he'd never put his rapier away, because maybe he could somehow cut through the wi-

"He said ENOUGH."

More air moved around him, and dazed the swordsman for a moment. And then he realized that he'd only caught a sidewind- and given by how he and Kimi were both a bit stunned, he could only imagine how Tiwala felt. The voice was evidently Kimi's, given he'd been facing her and, despite how amazingly loud it was, it sounded like the winged minstrel.

"Bantay, after you've untangled yourself from those chains, be a dear and hold your rapier to Tiwala's neck," she next instructed him.

"Be my pleasure," Bantay muttered, and started slashing at the wind that held him down with the sword. Some had dissipated of its own accord, which Bantay attributed to the shock from the shout, but given that it was wind chains, he wouldn't have been surprised if it was in part from them all only being level 5.

When he was finally free, he turned and held the rapier against Tiwala's neck. The tip was under her ear, roughly where the jaw met the neck. There was no pressure, so no harm yet, but Bantay couldn't help but marvel at how natural it felt to him as Kidlat spoke, and they (hopefully) awaited Tiwala's answer.