Escaped...But Not Completely

Kitty instantaneously hit the ground on all fours and ran after the little puddle like a cat chasing a flashlights beam.

Dom was startled awake by the sound of alarms and men shouting. He felt that something was wrong. He was shackled to a bed, he felt wet and there was this weird feeling in his neck. Dom went to yell for help but nothing but muffled noise came out. He lookked around and nearly had a heart attack at the realization that the room was filled with water. Dom freaked out and tried to hold his breath. "This is it? This is how I die?" he thought. After a few seconds he couldnt take it anymore. He opened his mouth to breathe and was quite pleasantly surprised to find that he didn't drown.

Dom wriggled one hand free of the bindings to feel his neck. He felt four long slits that moved in and out as he breathed. "I have gills?" He managed to get himself free from the bed. He examined himself, shocked and scared, but also intrigued. His fingers and toes had extended slightly and grown webbing between them. On each of Dom's forearms there were small black spines growing from the outside of his wrists to his elbows. His skin had grown rough and jagged, like sandpaper.

This was all a little much for Dom to comprehend at one time but he more pressing matters to attend to. "How am I going to get out of here?" he asked himself. Just the he saw a girl with ears and a tail chasing a pile of black goo. Dom swam over and began to beat on the glass window. "Help! Let me out of here!" he cried, hoping the girl would notice him.

Kitty heard muffled screams and, what sounded like, beating on glass. Kitty stood up and looked behind her, then tilted her head. "Lequan!" she yelled "Can we try to get this guy out? He's on the other side of the lab, if we break him out they won't know!"

"I could try." He stated before significantly making his fists expand,and harden. "Just needs a gentle nudge..." he gave some distance then charged slugging the glass window with an aggressive punch. Breaking some of the wall as well. "My bad.."

Dom watched exitedly as the goo guy reared back to bust out the door. Water poured endlessly from the hole, spewing Dom out into the hallway like someone's lunch. Once in the open air, Dom stood up to thank the boy and the girl. "Thanks a lot. Where am I and what happened to me?" The gills on the side of his neck folded down and sealed as Dom'ss lungs began to work once again.

Dom ran his hands down his arms, feeling the sharp, jagged spines that grew there. He heard the commotion that the two were running towards. "Someone wanna tell me whats going on here?"