Escape the Pack

Tony noticed her faulter, but figured she'd seen a cat. He laughed to himself and called her back to catch her attention. However, when she dragged out her leash, he was very surprised. "Lea? What's wrong, girl? I usually have to drag you out of here," he commented, but put her leash on and gathered up the bag. He was concerned now. What had she seen? He about started walking over there, but thought against it. He picked up the handle of the leash and began the walk home, glancing inside the fence of the park to see if he could figure out what made her want to go home so badly.

He opened the door when they got to the house and unclicked the leash from her collar. "What on earth did you see," he asked her, not expecting an answer. "I didn't see anything scary... Not even a squirrel on the way home. What has gotten into you," he asked her, petting her fur and looking at her worriedly. "Do you not feel well? Need water?"

Inside the house, Lea felt a little more safe than she had at the park. Her body shook as she thought about the implications of a wolf being there, especially her kind of wolf. Finally hearing the concern in Tony's tone, she whimpered and nuzzled his hand before walking over to the living room and falling over onto the floor. If she feigned sleepiness, maybe he'd let it go. She didn't want him to worry, especially over something that she couldn't tell him without revealing everything. And besides, that wolf might not have been looking for her. They may have just been in the same place at the same time. He might not have even been a part of her Pack.

He frowned as she fell over onto the floor and checked her temperature and eyes. "Well, you look fine... I guess you're just tired," he said, stroking her fur. He got up and turned on the TV, flopping onto the couch as he relaxed. He couldn't get his mind off of her weird behavior, though. He looked at her curiously, trying to see if she'd give any hint to why she'd decided to come home so early after she was clearly excited to go.

[OOC: I'm sorry this is so short but it's time to head to class ^^;]

She could feel his concern and felt bad. But what could she do? She was his dog, and she liked that role. She was his companion, and his protector. It wouldn't be nice to let him stay concerned about her, and she knew she wouldn't be able to shake off all of her fearful behavior. But could she really let him know everything? Her mind toyed with what might happen if she shifted for him, and huffed. The worst thought she had was that he'd make her leave, and Lea wasn't sure she could stand that option. Her eyes flicked up to Tony, and she sighed. Tony was too nice to do that, though, she knew. And she knew he liked werewolves - maybe it wouldn't be so bad as she thought?

Tony eventually turned off the television. He'd had a brainstorm. Without saying a word, he bounded upstairs and turned on his computer, tapping the desk impatiently as the dinosaur took forever to boot up, and just as long to open the internet browser. Frustrated with the slow computer, he went to his bookshelf and opened a binder with his notes on werewolves, flipping through them. Maybe she'd seen one and it had run before he got a chance to see it. But then why was she sleeping on the floor of the living room? Did they need to be invited in? That was an odd concept...

He closed the binder and went downstairs with it, looking at Lea and back down at his notes. He sat back down on the couch and flipped through them, looking at them more thoroughly now. He didn't find anything that would suggest his little theory, so he trashed the thought, but wondered why she looked obviously more relaxed now that she was home, if she had seen a werewolf. And if she had, why hadn't it followed them? Or attacked? Was it waiting for something? Did it want something?

Lea's mind was wondering over a few of the same questions. The problem was, she didn't know the answers either. But since the wolf hadn't really reacted to her presence much farther than meeting her eyes when she looked at him, she couldn't really act as though he would be coming after her. Besides, she'd smell another wolf coming before it got into the house. She was safe here.

Then she remembered Tony had school now, and he'd be leaving her safety at times. She whimpered to gain his attention.

Don't leave me tomorrow,
she tried to beg him, knowing he wouldn't understand but wishing he could. Dammit, she needed to protect him somehow! Maybe she should shift after he leaves and then show up at the school to keep an eye on him... Except she'd need clothes and she couldn't very well steal his clothes. He'd recognize them.

There wasn't a very good plan that was coming to mind. Lea was running out of options. Should she change and tell him the truth. Her eyes went to the notebook and recognized it as the one that was filled with his knowledge of werewolves. Did he already suspect something?

Thinking fast, she nuzzled the notebook and woofed.

Tony read through his notes, looking entirely caught up in it. His brows were furrowed in deep concentration. He glanced up when she whimpered. "Lea? What's wrong," he asked her, moving to the floor next to her. He laid the notebook open on the page he was reading and stroked her fur. He blinked when she nuzzled his notebook and woofed. "What..?" He looked at her, trying to figure out what she was trying to tell him. He glanced at the notebook, then back at her. "Did you see a werewolf in the park," he asked, trying to guess. How absurd, his concious mind thought. Werewolves don't actually exist! She probably saw a wolf and it spooked her. It had probably claimed the park as it's territory and she wanted to come home.

No, that isn't right, his other half thought. If she did see a wolf, she would have acted more submissive than scared. She was a big dog; she could easily take on a wolf. But she acted like she wanted to bolt right out of there. He stared at her, trying to figure out what she'd seen and why she was acting the way she was.

Lea whimpered. She couldn't tell him yes in this form. Hell, she felt like she'd be told she was crazy if she was able to tell him in her human form! Of course, she could shift in front of him... but then she remembered she was nude when she shifted into that form and dropped her nose with embarrassment; she wasn't sure shifting into a naked woman would help things.

I've got to warn him somehow though​.

Or maybe she was a werewolf, part of him thought. He stared at her. She was awful observant, and seemed to know what his notes were over. Even the smartest dog couldn't read without being trained. And the way she seemed to stare at him with that knowing gaze, like she knew what he was talking about. "Lea..." he murmured. "Are you..." he felt silly now, but he needed to know. "Are you a werewolf..?" He seemed to hold his breath as he waited for an answer that might not come.

Lea rolled her eyes and frowned. Of course that's what he was thinking. Why couldn't he just have stuck with the she saw a werewolf concept? And on that note, why didn't she just confirm it more openly when he'd asked? There were ways to say yes as a dog without seeming too... human. Not that he wouldn't have asked questions later when he realized she'd answered as though she had no problems understanding him.

She jumped up so her front paws were on his lap and then concentrated, allowing her wolf to fade away and shift into a human form. When she opened her eyes, she peered straight into his. She could feel the slight chill of the house on her skin, but didn't bother to move and go find clothing just yet. As soon as she knew that Tony was quite aware of what happened, then Lea would go find a set of his clothes to cover herself.

Tony blinked as his dog actually rolled her eyes. If that wasn't a human thing, he didn't know what was. He blinked again as she put her front paws on his lap, and his eyes widened as she changed before his eyes. He was silent for a long moment before he let out a breath. "Whoa," he murmured, simply awed. He was just... dumbfounded. Speechless. He wasn't afraid, he was shocked. He hadn't expected it. That, and she was gorgeous. He reached his hand up to his cheek and pinched himself. Nope, wasn't dreaming.

Lea shivered slightly, and then focused on Tony completely just in time to see him wide-eyed and pinching his cheek. She rolled her eyes again and pushed up so she was on both feet firmly, and crossed her arms under her breasts, not bother to cover anything just yet.

"This is real, master," she said, still thinking of him as her master despite not being in canine form. "I'm human, at this time. And... if you don't mind, I think I'll go borrow some of your clothes." She eyed him. "They'll probably be just a tad too big, because you're definitely built differently, but I should be all right."

Without waiting, she walked upstairs and found a t-shirt and a pair of jeans, both grabbed quickly and without much thought. Now at least covered, Lea walked back down to where Tony was.

"So. Werewolves," she said, plopping down next to him. "You know all I know," she said, motioning to the notebook. "I saw one today, watching me. I think they're coming after me, because I'm not Pack." She chose to leave out any other details. It wasn't really necessary yet, and hopefully never would be.

Tony tried not to glance at her bare breasts and managed to succeed, keeping his eyes on her face. "..Master? You can call me Tony," he told her. "Go ahead and wear whatever you want," he nodded, turning his eyes to his notebook to avoid looking at her backside as she walked away. He waited, highly curious. He flipped through his notes some more and glanced at the clock. His parents wouldn't be home for another hour. He'd get some time to talk with her.

When she said she'd seen a werewolf today, he furrowed his brows in thought. "So all these notes," he flipped another page, "are legitly accurate?" He thought another moment. "Were you part of a pack before you came here?"

Lea nodded, crossing her legs up onto the couch. "Unfortunately, there is a bit of myth in everything, so a few of your notes are a little... outrageous. But, for the most part you've got us pinned."

She considered his question about her being in the Pack. "I... Yes, I was in the Pack," she said with a sigh, not wanting to say it but not really wanting to lie to him. She met his eyes and then dropped them quickly. Here, he was her superior, though he was human. She didn't dare meet and hold his eyes now.

"The Pack," he asked. "Is there only one?" He looked at her while waiting for his answer. He noticed she wouldn't look him in the eyes. "I'm not mad at you, Lea," he told her gently. "You look ashamed. There's no reason to be." He thought a moment and stood, closing his notebook and setting it on the coffee table. He paced a few laps back and forth in front of the TV. "If you don't want to go back to the pack, then we'll have to find a way to keep you here. Unless you do want to go, then I have no right to force you to stay." His heart panged at the very thought of his beloved companion being gone so suddenly.

Lea shook her head. "I don't want to return," she told him. "And, there are multiple packs, but I was from the main Pack. The Pack is like the... It's like the government. The Pack has an Alpha that is the Alpha of the alphas. If you're in the Pack, you cannot leave unless sent to a smaller pack or if on official business."

She stood and started pacing, the jeans slipping a little down her hips unnoticed by and uncaring Lea. Frowning, she tried to think of how to explain what had happened.

"My Alpha is angry with me because I left, wanting to see other packs. However, I knew that the only way I could leave was if I did not leave human." She offered a sheepish grin. "That's why I let myself get picked up. If you hadn't found me, I'd probably have been in serious trouble. If I didn't get adopted, I was going to have to try another city. And I'd already traveled across the country. I didn't really like the idea of trying someplace else."

"Then what can we do so you can stay," he asked her. "Somehow I don't think I'm any match for the Alpha of alphas," he frowned, his brows furrowed. "Unless..." he looked at her. He didn't want to be separated from her. "Unless I can go with you." His eyes seemed to sparkle at the chance to see how a pack actually worked. But he also knew it might be dangerous, especially for the human who kept Lea from returning to her pack. He wasn't afraid, he was excited, thrilled fo the chance of adventure and potential knowledge.

First Lea made face that resembled disgust, but then it fell and she shook her head vehemently.

"No way. I am not taking you to the Pack. It'd be like... like asking you to kill yourself!" she exclaimed. "No, I'll just lie low and hope that wolf I saw isn't one of the Pack. I don't particularly want to get into a fight with anyone, and I can't ask you to do anything because they'll kill you. That's the last thing I want..."

She started pacing again.

"No, if they come after me I'll go willingly. It's the only way I'll be able to keep you safe."

He watched her face, and shook his head in disagreement. "Lea," he grabbed her hand and held it to prevent her from pacing. "I want to go with you. You've been in my life since I was young. Mom and Dad won't believe that my dog just ran off without a look back. You never leave my side. You're always right there. If that is a member of the Pack, have them wait to take you. I'll rent out an apartmen that will house big dogs, and leave without anyone being the wiser. Besides," he thought. "Isn't there a way to turn a human into a werewolf...?"

It all sounded good, but it was fueled by something Lea didn't want to rely on. She sighed.

"Tony, what would you do about your family and your school?" she asked softly, looking at their hands. She didn't want to ask him to leave his life behind just for her. It wasn't right. Still...

"As for becoming werewolf... There is a way, yes, but..." she blushed, "it tends to be rather... intimate. And there is a lot that you would have to know and understand before I could in any mind Change you like that."