Escape The Cages of Hell

from behind he heard the guards coming to do the hourly walk through. "yeah ill kick your ass if you talk about my mom again." the guards laughed as they walked away. "ok Sanji I was thinking the collars are electrical .. the ground is a good conductor of electricity . once in the whole I could use my abilities to short circuit the collar for a short time and once I do we could get them off and they wont be able to block our full abilities. if enough of us get in the whole we could break out and turn on the guards . maybe... plan two was to try and short circuit the collars in the yard and then break out. . but we need more help .. oh my powers are lightning elemental manipulation and light manipulation.

Sanji nodded, seeming to process the information. He was similar to the Justice League hero Martin Manhunter, aside from the coloration of his skin and the razor sharp teeth, toes, and claws. "Alright. When fully powered and well fed, I can shapeshift, much like our new companion over there, but not just into animals. Slade, what can you do? We'll need to make a compilation of or powers to formulate an effective escape plan." He was a brilliant mind, when not drive to madness by hunger, that is.

I was so cought up in talking that i over spoke the girl but we basically said the same thing i looked over to her and nodded my head letting her know that she was considered a friend .. in this place every one is. he thought. he looked to slade awaiting his response to the question.

Keziah smiled, glad that she wasn't on her own. This fact calmed her down considerably, and she finally got a good look at her surroundings. She was in a completely transparent box with the only exits being the door she had been thrown through and a hole in the ceiling. The door was reinforced with metal bars and had no handle on the inside. The hole looked like it led to some sort of tubing but there were bars blocking the entrance so she couldn't tell for sure. Overall it reminded her of a cage for a hamster or maybe guinea pig would be more appropriate. Under the hole was a ladder connected to the wall that would let her climb in and out of it. She sighed. There didn't seem to be any way to get out unless the scientists allowed her to. She hugged her knees and waited for the person who was called Slade to answer.

Last edited by a moderator:
"The ground might not be such a good idea." A low voice spoke up from a cell just opposite Sanji's. "The current would disperse to quickly, unless you wanted to waste a whole lot of energy. And wouldn't the monitors sense a change in your energy flow and shut you down before you even made a spark?" There was a strange flat lifelessness about the voice, as though the topic at hand was of no real concern or the speaker had no hope what so ever. Dark rich brown eyes flicked open looking blankly up at the ceiling with and unfocused stare. It was odd besides the hint of movement when Ceadra had opened her eyes and when she had spoken she appeared to be totally lifeless, not even an usual indicator like breathing could be seen, yet the voice had been almost certainly hers. This was confirmed when the girl slowly pushed herself up into a sitting position with a sigh and grimace of pain. It was not surprising that she had remained still and silent for so long, the scientists had been having her run through their experiments for the greater part of the day, she had only been able to catch a glimpse of weak morning sun, and since the experiment had gone on for so long they had just dumped her back in her cage, leaving her along with her thoughts a good ten minutes before the rest where filed back in here.

One by one she caught each of the conspirers in a dead pan stare, her looks measured and calculating. Something in those looks caught her attention, perhaps the glaring determination, a flare of stored strength, or maybe it was just the smallest flicker of hope. Either way, while her eyes still retained their haunted appearance, her voice did not hold the same flatness it had before it now had a bit of liveliness added to it. Sighing again she ran a hand through thick white hair, interesting but, it fell lankly around her shoulders like that of a corpse. Suddenly with a surprising burst of energy she stood up and moved towards the front of her cage, limping heavily and favoring her right leg.

"Although I do agree with the removal of the collars, and if your ability" here she paused to nod at Artemis. "Can short circuit the collars then that means it would be best to get your collar off first." So far she did not offer her name or what she was able to do, caution was always a first instinct with her and since she did not know these people apart from what she had observed of them she was wary of giving up to much information just yet.

Sanji spoke up, seeming to recognize the girl. "Are... Are you the infamous Caedra, the Walking Dead Girl? I've heard about you when I was about in the yard- For what you've been through, what we've all been through, it's damn time we serve some justice." he said. His expression had shifted from thoughtfulness to that of determination. He would kill the scientist if he got the chance, or he would die trying.

"Oh boy, today will be interesting." Korsyl chuckled, overhearing the conversation. "Not that I'll be much help, my abilities are... circumstancal." He was siting in a simplistic room near the others. Not much but a lightbulb, chair and steel doors. "But it would be very kind of you to help me out with you."

"no there is enough time to counteract the impulses given by the collar . by studying its wave output frequencies . i can match my body to it and counteract it. just enough to pull it off. ive tried while in the whole for 30 days i just wasn't strong enough to pullit off. " feeling threatened he stepped to the door the blue glow returning but this time around his body .. and screamed the words for getting where he was .. " dammit " he said softly .. the scientist overhead watching sanji changed their gaze towards me. i laid down so that no one else would go down with me hopefully then knew not to talk to me any more for a while.

Slade smiled. "I'm happy to hear these plans come together, but uh quick question...these collars. We need these off. If we don't get them off we'd just be killed immediately," he said as his smile turned into a frown. He flicked it a few times.

"i can get them off "i whispered "I promise i can"

Slade squinted at him. "Alright then show me!" he said with a hint of doubt.

There was a loud bang as the steel doors were opened and the scientists dragged in a boy. He had several burn marks accross his shirt and the scientists seemed pretty peeved at him. They threw him in an empty cell and locked the door. His fire red hair fell into his face as he gasped and panted, trying to get some air back into his lungs. He had worn himself out using his powers and the collar did nothing to help him. He had his eyes closed as he tried to put himself into a sitting position.

his eyes rolled back the blue aura begin to fluxgate up and down . it darkens . i stand up "now the scientists click the shock button nothing happens the green lights on the collar leave and less then 5 seconds later the collar reboots and i anm shocked it doesn't do much but give me more energy .. i fake a fall. no sooner then 30 seconds i am wrapped in rubber hand cuffs and dragged away as i am pulled passed ther cells i muster up"all you have to do is pull it off" i mouth it so the guards don't see .. im thrown in to a black room lined with rubber walls. no light to manipulate and no current. as they leave they tell me im here until the morning when the next yard tim starts. ... in that tim i acquired a broken thumb and a missing pinky .. i sit in the darkness. i hope this works. it seems to easy tho . i repeat that all night.

Slade averted his attention from Artemis to the new guy. He waited until the scientists were gone so he could get the boy's attention. "Hey son," he whispered hoping he heard. "You look like shit!" he chuckled. "Listen man we're getting out of here okay? Don't worry, but it's a team effort. And since Korsyl wants to be an ass-hole and not pitch in, we're going to need all the other help we could get form anyone. You in or out?" he asked. He then awaited an answer.

The chuckle that made its way out of Ceadra's mouth was oddly genuine and while she could not get herself to smile she did manage to pull off a amused grin.
"The Walking Dead Girl." She said slowly as though savoring some inside joke. "Yes, I suppose that would be me." Then waving an apologetic hand Sanji she composed herself before adding "Forgive me I do not laugh at you. As is I my life before this hell hole lends a certain irony to the nickname." But, then hearing the next half of his phrase a slight frown crept over her face.

"There is little justice in this world. I mean look at me, nearly a year I have lived here and what do I have to show for it besides scars, more than a fair share of painful memories, and failing powers." At the last part of her sentence she brought up her right and passed it infront of her face before being it back up again and returning it to her side. In those first split moments when her hand blocked her eyes from view they turned a ghostly white, eyes so dead and hallow that they looked to be empty sockets of a skull. For only a few moments were her eyes visible before her hand raised again and they switched back to the same shade of brown as before, come and gone like a mirage.

"Even demons have their limits." this last part was spoken softly almost to herself in a sad thoughtful manner. Then shaking her head, clearing it from whatever cob webs had taken hold there she turned her gaze to some of the others.

"Well we shall hope that the circumstances are right, in the mean time it would be good to get as many out of this place as possible, although I worry that quite a few have lost their hope and spirit to try." She watched as Slade tried to get Artemis to try and get the collar off and she watched with interest, curious to see what the boy would do. So much of her attention was focused on the pair that she actually jumped when the doors at the end of the hall snapped open with a crash of metal on rock. The tensing of muscles that came with the expression surprise caused to swear and curse under her breath as she watched with suddenly very feral looking eyes as the scientists deposited a new boy into one of the adjacent cages. Things progressed fast after that as Artemis short circuited the collar and was henceforth dragged off to a more secure cage for one with his powers.

The boy finally put himself into a sitting/crouching position. He nodded. "Just got here and I'm already ready to get out. What do I have to do?" He asked, still panting for air. He ran a burnt hand over his face, a light trickle of blood coming from the corner of his mouth.

Korsyl looked over to Slade who had just insulted him. "No, you misunderstand me. I will help the best I can, but my powers will likely not be of use." He tried explaining, keeping calm. "We have some very smart people on holding us captive, and putting us together wasn't their smartest idea." He gathered, mostly speaking to himself. "Now I think it'd be best to tell everyone your plan."

Keziah listened intently as the others talked. Being new, she almost felt like she didn't have the right to complain since she hadn't gone through what the others here had. She looked at the boy with burns and felt fear take hold of her. She didn't want to go through that. She knew the chance that she would leave here without being tortured was slime if it even existed , but she couldn't help herself from hoping. As if summoned by her thoughts, the door at the end of the hall creaked open and out came the scientist that had been with her earlier and two muscular guards. Keziah's breath got caught in her throat when she saw them, and she slowly backed into the shadows of her cage. The scientist walked to her cell without so much as a glance at the others. He stood outside the door of her cage with a wicked grin consuming the lower part of his face.

"Hello again, my dear," he said mockingly. "Now, I was going to wait until the morning to start the experiments on you, but I just couldn't help myself." With a psychotic laugh he entered the cage. Keziah stood and stared at the man without saying a word. Her eyes where filled with fear and resembled those of a cornered animal. The man walked towards her holding out a pair of metal handcuffs. "Come on, be a good girl and let me put these on you," he said as he came closer. The two guards stayed by the entrance ready to act if they needed to. A low animal-like growl came from Keziah's throat as the scientist neared her. This made him pause for a moment before smiling and going closer. When he was close enough to touch her, she snapped. She lashed out randomly and felt her fist come in contact with his nose. She heard a snap and the metal handcuffs clanged against the floor. The man screamed and held his nose which was now gushing blood. The guards rushed in and restrained the girl who didn't resist. She was in shock and the realization of what she had just done frightened her even more. She knew she had just made a terrible mistake. The scientist glared back up at her. His eyes where a mixture of fury and pain. He grabbed the handcuffs off the ground and put them on so tight the they dug into her skin painfully. "Oh, I am going to enjoy this," he whispered into her ear as they dragged her away. She tried to squirm but each movement just dug the handcuffs deeper into her skin, making her bleed. She finally just gave up and let them drag her away. A single tear rolling down her face.

Korsyl watched in silence as the scientist took the girl away. His eyes had changed to black, somehow. He clenched his teeth, knowing that if just one of them could use their powers, they could've saved the girl.

"We... h-have to get out quickly. She doesn't deserve to be tortured like this." He said aloud to himself. He began thinking, muttering to himself. "These are very, VERY smart people. They know what they're doing. Why would they put everyone together, not even with sound-proofing? Think, think... Oh, of course! They want us to create a bond! Then, they can test emotional reaction. But that means they could finally test me and-" He stopped himself. He knew what this meant for him.

"You sons of bitches! Let her go! And I definitely can't wait to get my "alien trash" hands on you!" he pointed towards the man who came to get the girl first. He's the man who's known for making everyone in this horrible place feel more like shit. "I'm not a calm person...and I'm also known for showing no mercy. If there's ever a day that I get out of here, I'm coming for you first...running will be an option, but I will hunt you down and put you through a slow and unbearably painful death ya hear!?" he yelled. The scientist rushed to Slade's cell and tried to reach his hand in to slap him. Once he reached in he found his arm broken with in seconds. It happened so fast no one even noticed how it happened. The scientist pulled his arm out quickly. His arm completely broken, and bleeding. A piece of bone was hanging out of his arm. The rest of the scientist's scowled at Slade. "We will come back for you...consider yourself dead!" one of the other scientists yelled. Slade began to laugh. "That'll just make it that much easier to kill all of you, so go ahead! Do your worse!"