Escape from Jekax

Etrius nodded back. He wondered how many kids they had in their little rebellion. I will have to think about your offer. I am usually alone and I am not always in danger when an officer or metal beast comes around although assassins are something I need help on. They are truly good fighters. Etrius looked down at the ground. He had always bumped into townspeople who would immediately scream just because some knew him due to his parents. Stupid gossiping town. I would never want to leave this town. There are too many kids that are born everyday with an ability and I won't need an organization to help me save kids. He said this bluntly almost sounding rude in the way he said it. Of course it was not intended to come off rude but he did need them to know that he didn't need to hold anyone's hand in order to survive with all these crazy people trying to kill the children.

Mina couldn't even shoot the arrow before the man had headed towards her at a shocking speed. She quickly slung the bow around to her back as she turned and ran as quickly as she could. Upon reaching the edge of the tower, she didn't hesitate to jump. She'd hung around the area way too much to not know the quickest routes of escape.

The jump took her onto the roof of a neighboring clockwork factory, which she realized too late didn't give her as much of an advantage as she'd been hoping. Only steam vents, which would hinder her eyesight as much as his. She could only hope that her own agility and youth could help her out. She didn't have time to create a ring large enough to fit the man, and he had a sword. She was used to evading projectiles, not swords.

As soon as she rolled onto the roof, Mina had continued running. She resisted the urge to cough or yell out when some of the vents suddenly let out a ton of steam, which was rather hot. Instead, she kept running through the slowly dissipating steam, towards the edge of the building where she knew the drop led to an alley in which she could hopefully hide.

......................................................................................