BookWyrm

Cogito ergo sum
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
Online Availability
It varies, but I drop in throughout the day.
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Fantasy as a rule, but I'll give most things a shot.
This has been rolling around in my head for some time now. At first it started life as something akin to a High-Fantasy, D&D esque romp and has slowly evolved into it's own living, breathing, thriving, strange ball of joy.

I'll hit you with the basics.
  1. Third World "Hard" Fantasy setting.
  2. Plot driven with a character focus. (Basically, what the players do will have consequences on the story and outcomes)
  3. Focus on a small cast of characters, i.e 5-7 man band. (I love this trope. Deal with it)
  4. Think more Witcher and less Narnia. Not too dark but not too cheery either.

What I am looking for.
  1. 5-6 players (excluding myself)
  2. Intermediate to adept writing.
  3. Basic Iwaku Rules are a given

Obviously this is just a bare bones interest check. As is standard if I get enough of an interest in this I'll make an official thread and expand upon rules, requirements, and the like.

Reactions: marcy
I would like to express preliminary interest in your idea, I will lurk around and see how it will work out!

Reactions: BookWyrm
What is the plot going to be like?

It is the onset of Autumn in Trulan. In the Northern Province Marquis Aldritch Ryker has summoned the party (Or the individuals who will make up the party) for aid. The Marquis garrison has been called up for the war in the east, leaving just a small militia as defense for the Marche, which has faced numerous raids by both robber barons, wild folk, and other less savory beings. What with the harvest coming soon, and the looming harsh winter predicted by court magi, the Marche needs all the help it can get.

Reactions: RedFox
Sounds interesting

Seems interesting. Look forward to hearing more about it.

Tentative interest.

I do believe that enough interest has been garnered. I shall proceed with the project

Just curious (as i like to spend a lot of time working on back stories and character images that match to my liking). But what kind of races are we looking at? A mix from Witcher and D&D? Or maybe more Dragon Age? Or just humans with different classes? Thank you for your time!

Just humans, for the time being. Other races exist but it is considered exceptionally rare for them to be encountered. As far as classes go I'm choosing not use a "class" based system. I prefer to warrant my Rpers a certain level of freedom in character design as long as they fit within the setting, especially where magic is concerned. I will provide a detailed overview, especially for the magic system, so that everything is more or less coherent and information is available.

Obviously if you have an idea you want to run by me you can always PM me.

Reactions: CosmiqVixen