[@Erka] Is she the one? [JovenMaria]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naomi smiled at the compliment and nodded at his last statement. "I guess you are right...Anyways, what have you been up to? I haven't seen you in like forever, and you just suddenly call me to help you with your nieces...How's life?" She asked, while walking towards the kitchen to get something to drink. If it were in any other house, she would have waited for the owner of said house, however she was just so used to Eric's house, that she it just felt like her own.

"Sorry about that." Eric said, when she mentioned that they hadn't seen each other in a while, "I've just been really busy with college and work lately. I haven't had any time to do anything else in ages, but life's been okay. How have things been for you?" He said, following her. "I'll try to make time for us to do something together soon, if you want." He offered.

"That would be awesome. We could do some of things we used to do... You know, for old times sake, that kind of stuff..." Naomi giggled at a memory of a younger version of them pranking their neighbors. However, it quickly faded as it was replace with a shiver at the thought of pranking her current, apartment neighbor. "Uhn, I guess pranking is off the list..."

Shaking her thoughts away, she kept talking as she opened the fridge and grabbed a can of soda. "As for what I've been up to... Not much, busy with work, though I love working with the kids. Also, spending my time trying to avoid the creepy old lady that lives next door..." Another shiver ran up her spine."If you could only see her Eric, she gives people this creepy stare... I don't know if its me being paranoid or not, I just don't like her..."

With a thoughtful look, she took a sip of her soda. "Or maybe I should blame you, and all the scary movies you made me watch when we were younger." She finished that statement with a snort followed by a soft laugh.

"Yeah. That would be fun, I'll find some time, I promise." Eric said, smiling as he immediately started thinking to find an empty time in his schedule. "Are you busy next weekend?"
"That seems nice, mostly." He said, "That lady does seem pretty creepy." He added, seeing how she reacted to her neighbor and imagining the worst.
"I didn't make you watch them, you agreed to it. They weren't even that scary anyway." He replied, and grinned, "We could watch another of those movies.." He said mostly just to tease her.

"No, I'm not busy. So, I think I have time next weekend." Naomi answered with a smile. However, as soon as he offered to watch one of the scary movies they used to watch, she stared at him in a challenging manner. "What...You think I can't watch it? Because let me tell you, I don't scare easily anymore." She knew he was only teasing, yet due to her competitive nature she couldn't pass a challenge when she hears one. Though, Eric didn't meant it as a challenge. And, she was bluffing of course, since she still gets scared easily.

"Yay." Eric smiled at her, glad to finally get to spend time with her, and he laughed when she took his proposal of watching more scary movies as a challenge. "I never said that.. But alright, you're on. Do you wanna bet on it?" He said. Serious as he was, he still couldn't turn down a good challenge with his best friend. That, and he thought it was cute that she got all scared just because of a movie, even though she was old enough now to know none of it was real.

Naomi smile and nodded. "Of course I do. If I win, you get to buy me dinner for a whole week...What do you get if you win?" She looked at him with a smug smirk, as if her bet wasn't a bit childish at all. As she waited for his reply, she finished her soda and threw the can in the trash. Then, taking his hand she dragged him towards the living room.

"If I win, you have to do the same: buy me dinner for a whole week. That, and you have to eat with me as well." He said. He couldn't think of anything else he wanted from her, besides being able to spend time with her again. He followed her when she dragged him, "Are we doing that now?"

"Deal." Nodding at his question, she smiled. "Why not? I don't have to work tomorrow and it's not that late." She settled in the couch as she let him decide on the movie. Though, she would later regret it. Doesn't she learn? When younger, he would also pick the movies and she would always regret letting him.

Eric grinned, "Alright." He said, finding the scariest movie he owned. He put it in and turned the television on, then skipped through the advertisements and started the movie. He smirked at her as the movie started, "Scared yet?" He teased, sitting next to her on the couch. He wasn't quite as serious when she was the only person around, since they had been best friends for so long now.

"O-Of course not!" She mentally scolded herself for stuttering, however she was lying. Even the mention of watching a scary movie makes Naomi shiver in fear. Still, she was not about to back down, yet. Grabbing a cushion, she used it as a shield for when the scarier parts came.

Once the movie was halfway, she couldn't take it anymore. So snuggling closer to Eric, she took the arm closest to her and latch on to it, as she buried her face in it. Hearing the scream coming from the movie, she squealed in fear. "Agh! Okay, Okay...You win, just make it stop..." Naomi couldn't help the whine that escaped her lips.

"But what if I like this?" He asked, looking down at her as she clung to him. Eric still turned it off, since it was clear that she was upset by the movie even during less scary parts. He himself wasn't scared, although he had been startled several times by sudden noises or the killer jumping out from somewhere in the movie.
He sighed, and hugged her in a nearly protective way. "You alright now?" He asked. He felt a little bad now, knowing her she'd probably have nightmares.

"Uh-Uh..." Shaking her head, she snuggled more into hid embrace and relaxed. "I don't think I could go home now... Not after watching that..." As she pictured her creepy neighbor, a shiver ran down her spine. "Besides, I can just picture my creepy neighbor just waiting for me outside my door.." At this she trembled a bit and clung tighter to Eric. "Can I stay over? J-Just for t-today..please?"

"Sure. Of course you can stay." Eric said. He didn't mind her staying over, and now he wouldn't have to feel so bad about her nightmares if he was around to comfort her. "Do you want to share my bed? Or kick me out and make me sleep on the couch?" He asked. He really didn't mind either way, as he figured even if she did make him sleep on the couch he did deserve it for making her watch a scary movie even though he knew very well the affect they had on her.

"Nah, we can share bed. Like when we were younger and used to have sleep-overs on each others houses. Remember?" Naomi said this as a smile creep onto her face. "Also, I missed being carried towards the bed like old times as well." With that, she wrapped her hand around Eric's neck and gave him a goofy wink.

Eric looked jokingly bothered at her, but picked her up and carried her to his room anyway, setting her on his bed and getting into bed as well. At some point during that he suddenly realized that they really weren't kids anymore, obviously, and that she was now a woman and not just his childhood best friend, something he maybe should have realized quite a while ago. Not only that, but she understood his seriousness, she was great with children, his family loved her, and she was pretty cute. This made him smile and blush slightly, though he made no comment as he got into bed. "You alright now?" He asked a few minutes later.

"Yeaaah." Her answer got stretched by her sudden yawn. As soon as he was at her side, she snuggled into him. "You make such a great pillow, Eric.. I think I might make this a habit, since you are so comfortable... What do you think?" She said as a sleepy giggle escaped her lips.

Eric put an arm around her, figuring it'd help somehow if she was still scared, and smiled at her. "Sure. You can do this whenever you want. I'm glad to be of use to you." He said, mumbling and attempting to tease her a little again. He felt sleepy, but less so than she apparently did.

Hearing his replay, she attempted to squeal but it came out as yawn. Closing her eyes, she smiled at how warm it felt to be snuggled into him. "It does feels nice. I think I will make it a habit of sleeping over, again...G'Night, Eric..." With that said, she relaxed and fell asleep. Subconsciously though, she got closer to him as if seeking more of the heat his body gave out.

Eric just held her close to him and eventually went to sleep, enjoying her warmth. He could definitely get used to this, and he was glad she had decided to make a habit of staying over with him.
[Skip to when they wake up? Or she has a nightmare?]

Status
Not open for further replies.