Eralion

Ellelunia frowned when she was not getting her usual response out of Eralion for her naughty behavior. She took a step forward and placed a hand on her bare hip. She got down on one knee and pat Orion on the side, a thumping noise echoing through his ribs. She looked up at Eralion, looking as innocent and defenseless as possible. </SPAN></SPAN>

Ellelunia whispered to her companion, following Eralion. When she was next to him, she saw how big he truly was. She was about a foot away from him and she noticed that he was easily about a foot taller. Biting her lip, she took it all into consideration. She was never so interested in a druid before in her life; not like she was going to let him of Kollidan know that. Ellelunia crossed her arms and huffed, flicking her long black hair over her shoulder. She knew absolutely nothing about this man and he knew nothing about her; why was he treating her so kindly? Why did he act like an old friend? Didn't he have anyone to get back to?</SPAN></SPAN>

When he handed her the letter, she reached out quickly and snatched the paper from him, tearing into it with her sharpened Sahrian canines. She pulled out a piece of parchment and that was equally as long as the envelope that held it. Her eyes darted off every cursive letter, flowing with the melody of the text. Ellelunia's trimmed brows arched, a sigh coming from deep in her chest. </SPAN></SPAN>

"My sister…" Ellelunia's lips parted slightly, her sweet breath passing through onto the thick parchment. Her hips swayed as she stood in place, her fit body tensing and relaxing as she continued to read.</SPAN></SPAN>
"My sister wants me to meet her at her home in Void Fog. It means she either has work for me or her boss wants to finally meet me in person…one or the other…"</SPAN></SPAN>

Ellelunia looked down to Orion and it was as if he was reading her mind. His ears were pushed back and he grumbled low in his throat. </SPAN></SPAN>

"It sounds like you might have a lot of work ahead of you…" Eralion tiptoes cautiously into conversation, watching Ellelunia as she strode next to him. She seemed indifferent to everything he said, almost too indifferent.</SPAN></SPAN>

"This is going to sound crazy, but let me come with you" a strange longing reflected in his eyes as he spoke. He couldn't go back home, and he couldn't let Ellelunia go alone, what if something happened to her? He wouldn't be able to forgive himself if he could have protected her. Ellelunia turned her body away from him to watch the sun as it burst through the branches of the trees. The branches swayed in the wind, making a dazzling display as the sun danced over the ground. </SPAN></SPAN>

"Let me help…" </SPAN></SPAN>

Ellelunia laughed but didn't reject him. She simply pulled out of his grasp and started walking back to the tavern. She could tolerate the druid for now, but only because the distance would be easier traveled with an extra source of strength. Also, her sister was looking for recruits and the druid would fit right in. She called over her shoulder to him, a small amount of uncertainty in her voice.</SPAN></SPAN>

"Don't get in my way and follow my orders; got it?" </SPAN></SPAN>

"Morial is going to love this..." Ellelunia Rolled her eyes.

Once inside, Eralion took right to the kitchen to find Morial, who was still baking treats. There were only about a handful of customers in the tavern, but they were all looking at the odd duo as they walked in the door, eyeing Eralion suspiciously. It took every ounce of his being to walk past the patrons without casting strange glances at them in return. He was proud of himself when he made it back to the kitchen and closed the door behind himself, watching as Ellelunia stopped for a moment to greet some patrons that had been feeding Orion table scraps. </SPAN></SPAN>

"Ellelunia is going to take me with her to see her sister" He said to Morial, who was just pulling a pan of sweet bread from the oven. </SPAN></SPAN>"She is allowing me to go with her..." He added as an afterthought.</SPAN></SPAN>

Morial's back turned fast, almost throwing the hot food to the floor. She set the heavy wooden pallet onto the counter and put a hand on her full hip. The look on her face was shocked, but not disappointed. </SPAN></SPAN>

"Is that so?" Morial's voice was breathy and confused. "Well I'll be darned!" She snapped her fingers and laughed. Eralion smiled and leaned against the wall as Morial chopped up vegetables to add the pot of stew that was cooking on the other side of the kitchen.</SPAN></SPAN>

"I promised myself not to assume it's more than what it is..." He said with a chuckle, winking at the older woman. She finished chopping the vegetables and scooped them into her apron, shuffling to the stew pot and dropping them into the meaty concoction. </SPAN></SPAN>

"I imagine it might be..." Morial winked.</SPAN></SPAN>

"Speak of the devil" Morial mouthed a thank you and looked to the door, wiping her hands over her apron. Ellelunia walked in the room, greeted by her mother figure with wide open arms. She accepted the embrace gratefully and stepped back.</SPAN></SPAN>

"I suppose the druid told you he is accompanying me?" She nodded towards Eralion and Morial laughed.</SPAN></SPAN>

"Druid?" Morial sighed. "My dear, the man has a name; it's Eralion..." She placed a hand on Ellelunia's shoulder and shook her head back and forth. Ellelunia raised the corner of her mouth in a playful smirk. Eralion smiled at Morial and patted her shoulder with a heavy hand.</SPAN></SPAN>

"I am unsure of what my mission will be, but..." Ellelunia placed her hands on the elderly woman's face; cupping her cheeks warmly.</SPAN></SPAN>

"I do not give you permission to worry; do you understand?" Morial must have suddenly realized the possible danger in the situation, wrapping her arms around her daughter.</SPAN></SPAN>

"I do" Morial caught Eralion trying to steal some freshly backed cinnamon treats and startled him. "Hey now, don't go stealing it before the party! Go get washed up." Morial scolded him and shooed them both from the kitchen. Her eyes cast forward, blinking back what might have been tears if she allowed them to show. Ellelunia walked to the main room and found Sven; taking a seat next to the familiar old man.</SPAN></SPAN>

As Morial yelled at Eralion to quit taking the treats he had to ask her what party she was talking about.

"Party, Morial? What party?"

"For you two leaving of course! We can't just let you walk out the door without a little celebration!" She shoved him and waggled her fingers at him to get out of the kitchen. Eralion just smiled at her and ate one of the 4 cinnamon buns he had been able to grab before she caught him.

"Better make a few more of these for me then!" He called to her as she shooed him out of the door, laughing heartily as he went. He took a seat next to Ellelunia and her friend that he didn't know.

"Hi there, I'm Eralion, Ellelunia's friend." Putting down the cinnamon buns and putting out his right hand for a shake with the old man. "Would either of you care for one of Morial's delicious treats?" Having two cinnamon buns in just his left hand he offered them up to each one, first the old man, who did take one, and then Ellelunia.

Ellelunia's face crumpled in disgust, her large aquamarine eyes looking at him with annoyance.

"We are definitely not friends" She hissed through her teeth, watching as Sven took a roll from Eralion's large palms. She ran her fingers through her hain impatiently, feeling the need to get away from the Druid. Why was she letting him come with her anyway? He would be great help in a battle, but other than that he was going to be a hinderance. Orion nudged Ellelunia's leg, begging for more food. She smiled at him, rubbing his large fluffy head in between her hands.

"Whatever you are to the young miss, thank you for helping her with this journey. Trellisa is a nice woman to employ her sister when in need" Sven smiled lightly, his wrinkled face spotted with age.

Ellelunia took the letter back out of her pocket, looking it over once more, letting everything sink in. What did her sister want from her?

Later in the night, Ellelunia had quite a few drinks already in her system, walking crookedly through the dinning area to sit next to Eralion who had plopped his body by the large hearth fireplace along the wall of the room. His large cup of ale was sweating in the flickering heat, the cool liquid being pulled to his mouth and back to the floor as he lifted his cup for a large gulp. Orion had been keeping him company, laying next to the large man with his head in his paws.

"Hey you! Druid!" Suddenly, a small bottle fell from Ellelunia's armor, seeming to fall from her tightly fitting bodice. She watched it fall but made no attempt to catch it. The bottle shattered and cast the stinging scent of alcohol into the air. Orion wrinkled his nose at the strong sent and walked forward a bit, to refresh his sences.</SPAN></SPAN>
"Damn…I wasn't done with that…"
</SPAN>

Most of the people who had come to Morial's last minute celebration were already gone, the party was brief, but Ellelunia seemed to really like her drink. He had a few drinks as well, but she was beyond his level of drunkness for sure.
Eralion watched from his seat at the fireplace as more people left, leaving Ellelunia and himself as the only people in the large room. Morial was at the bar cleaning the last of the remain ale glasses and preparing the inn for closing.

Ellelunia approached him slowly, weaving back and forth much more than she probably thought she was. Even with the narrowed eyes and tired, drunken look; Ellelunia was still beuatiful. The way she looked at him made him fluster, turning his face until the shatter of the small bottle hitting the ground caught his attention. The harsh smell wrinkled his nose and he turned to look at her. It smelled like she as drinking really strong liquor, suprisingly.

"Are you alright?"

"What kind of question is that?" She cried, kneeling down and sticking her finger in the small puddle of wetness, slowly drying due to the heat of the fire. She brought her finger up, gently touching it to her bottom lip, tasting what she could of her favorite liquor. Her eyes darted back to Eralion's face, a strange look of insecurity crossing her own.

"It's a terrible t- tragedy to waste a good stiff drink" She laughed and crawled next to Eralion, her body glowing in the dim flickering of the fire. She leaned against him, not caring at the moment that their bodies were touching. Something she definitely wouldn't have done sober. She let her hands run down Orion's fur, hearing her feline companion purr loudly as he slept.

Eralion figeted nervously as she grew closer to him, his eyes washing over her body as she crawled his way. He shifted uncomfortably, wedging himself tightly between a wooden chain and her body. When he realized he couldn't move any further, Eralion sighed, looking at her solomn profile as she watched her panther.

"You should rest up, we're going to have alot of travelling to do tomorrow" He tried to persuade her, placing his hand softly against her arm. There were so many things that he could have said or done with her being in this condition, but it just felt wrong. Surely she had enough self respect to hold back, didn't she? By the look on her face when she finally met his gaze, he started to doubt it.

"Come on, let me bring you to your room" Eralion cleared his throat nervously, trying hard to persuade her to go to bed.

"Are you joining me?" Ellelunia stood, causing Orion to wake up and stand behind her. A sleepy daze hung around the cat as he headed for the stairs leading to the rooms, knowing she would be joining him shortly.
She helped Eralion stand, bracing herself to bare his weight without falling over. She almost succeed, but toppled over on to his body, laying with her face inches from his. Her silky black hair fall around them like a privacy curtain, their breath mingling together in a strong, bitter alcohol smell.

"Sorry" She laughed drunkenly, rubbing her body against his lustfully. " I'm not as strong as I should be when i'm drunk"

Eralion's face turned bright crimson, locking eyes with the stunning woman as she fell atop him. Her body was so compact compaired to his own. He gripped her arms as they laid there, now knowing what to do. He had to fight against his natural instinct, which was to kiss her and eventually make her his, which in this state-seemed too easy.

"Lets go" He closed his eyes and bit down on his lip as she grinded her body against his.

"You're going to regret this later Ellelunia" He forced himself to sit up, pushing her up by the upper arms.

'We need to get you to bed"

"Awww, you're no fun!" Ellelunia sighed as she was forced off of him, leaning back and rolling off him. She sat up on her knees with her calves pointed outward, a very innocent look lingering about her. She stood up though, after a moment, reluctantly following Eralion to the stairs. She thought all while he helped her up and into her bed. She was terribly afraid of growing close to anyone new, but here she was, being tucked in by a man she met only days before.

"You better not get in my way..." She managed to mumble before falling asleep.

Eralion laughed to himself at her mumbling, he would try to stay out of her way as best he could, for his sake.
"Good night" He whispered, letting her body slump back against the pillow as he closed her door and went to his own room. He laid his body down, feeling a sudden wave of relief roll over him. His muscles ached and his heart was beating out of his chest. She was absolutely captivating compaired to the women he was used to.

The next day Eralion woke up with a slight headache, growning as he rolled over in the small bed. The smell of breakfast waifed under his nose and he knew that Morial must have been up and early to work, like the hardworking woman she was. He managed to get his cumbersome feet untangled from the bed sheets, setting them down on the cool hardwood floor. He felt his body crack as he stood, streching his long muscled limbs out over his head. He bent at the waist, feeling his spine expand and crack loudly. He sighed with relief, smiling as he walked into the hallway. Ellelunia's door was still closed, but he was unsure if she was still sleeping. If she was anything like Morial, she probably was already on the road ahead of him.

He made his way downstairs and Morial greeted with the same warm smile he had come to trust completely.

"My girl woke up just before you, she went to the stable to ready that new horse she brought!" She seemed happy, like she was proud of Ellelunia, compaired to Eralion's family life, it was refreshing.

Eralion tilted his head up as he looked into the trees that surrounded the town; the tall ridge of forest looked impenetrable from the ground. He searched for Ellelunia, squinting in the afternoon sun. She sat by stables to the side of the tavern, the smell of hay bales wafting in the air. Ellelunia's body was half shrouded in shadow, a large apple tree to her side providing her some escape from the strong sunshine.</SPAN></SPAN>

"Are you alright Ellelunia?" He said gingerly as he approached her from the side, watching her as she stared emotionless at the horses. "You don't seem happy…"</SPAN></SPAN>

Ellelunia had a rough night, nightmares of her childhood revisiting her on the least appropriate night. She hated those nightmares-the same dark room and the same lecherous druid grabbing and biting at her. She awoke with a thin veil of sweat coating her skin, a slight shiver jolting down her spine as she shot upward.

Within minutes she was downstairs, sitting at Morial's bar.
"I will miss you..." She said honestly, feeling down.

"Dear, I know you will...But you're made for greatness, and there isn't much of that here. Go ready your horse. You don't want to keep your sister waiting too long, do you?" Morial had her own way of making Ellelunia work harder. She knew what she was capable in and she believed in her completely.

The stable wasn't really a place she was used to. She spotted her 'newly acquired' stallion. He was just as beautiful and lively as the day she 'got' him. She rubbed her hand over his muzzle, his lips lifting and touching her fingertips with inquiry. When he realized she didn't have any food or treats, he exhaled, almost as if sighing.

Ellelunia took a seat on a bench nearby, watching her horse from afar. Eralion approached and she rolled her eyes at his interest in her feelings.
."Is that right?" Ellelunia lifted her head from her hands and scoffed. She straightened out her posture, the bright blue of her eyes shining in the daylight. She shifted on the bench, making room for the druid if he wanted to sit.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He took a seat next to her, having to place his hand behind the back of the bench to fit properly. Eralions heart beat faster as he felt her body next to his. He knew it was a long shot to ask her to talk about it, and by the way she started laughing, his thoughts were confirmed. His eyes traveled up her arm to her shoulders and neck as a flirtatious smile spread across his face.</SPAN></SPAN>

"I'm sorry, what did you say? Talk about it? With you?" Ellelunia jokingly pretended to clean her ears. She laughed out loud, throwing her head back in a dramatic display. Her cheeks were red from laughing as she tried to catch her breath, locking her eyes with Eralion's.

"Call me a dreamer…" He began, slowly standing up and walking toward the stable. He clicked his tongue at the reddish brown stallion that unbeknownst to him; Ellelunia stole earlier in the month. "You can talk to me though, if you want"</SPAN></SPAN>

Ellelunia pursed her lips as she stood and collected some apples from the tree, joining Eralion as he stood unknowingly next to her horse.
"Do you know what I did for that horse?" Her tone was cold; vacant.

She watched as Eralion patted the stallion and raised his eyebrow curiously.

"I killed a man for this horse"

Eralion cringed with her honesty. He shook his head as if casting the thought out of his mind. He reached out and gently grabbed the back of her forearm. Ellelunia whipped around to meet his eyes with her own, her hair shinning as it wrapped around her shoulder and neck. She was stern, but there was a softness to her face that Eralion couldn't ignore. </SPAN></SPAN>