Eragon Based RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Verin In a faction based RP at least in the way I was alluding to, trust is sort of a non-issue. Technically, there isn't a GM. It's not 'adventure' based at all. There is no definite plot or 'railroading' as some people call it. The 'major element of the story' is the political intrigue. Things like breaking or making alliances, political marriages, diplomats, spies, prisoners of war, honor duels, gladiatorial combat and sometimes assassination attempts. It's okay if you don't like this idea, and most of our viewers have expressed interests in other things also. And that's fine. I'm just here to help.

Now about the Grey Folk. More than likely, the Grey Folk are the strongest magic users, ever. They could be hiding on the moon for all we know. I did have some more suggestions specifically for the Grey Folk idea. I was thinking to PM you about them yesterday so as not to reveal anything to the players, but I didn't write them down, thinking I could commit them to memory... Bad Idea. I've always been more of an overall synopsis of an idea kind of guy that's been trying to make the transition to story writer. However, if I am going to be helping you with the progression of the story I expect that you as the GM be committed to providing an entertaining experience for your players. That is the number one objective of a GM, in my humble opinion. As a writer it's should be the opposite. You write what you like, not what you think other people like otherwise you do a great disservice to your soul.

Last edited:
I can see what you mean by that. For the first part about how the faction-based RP would work, I will admit some ignorance, as I'm generally someone who's been more focused on one-on-one's and small groups (3-5).

Secondly from what you said about the duty of a GM, I quite frankly refuse to oversee something that I personally enjoy. I have a hard enough time staying loyal as it is, I don't have an obligation to come back to something that I may have started, but that's gone way off course from how I imagined it. If it were to start dwelling more among how the players decide to run it rather than using my direction, I'll happily allow someone who believes that they can do it better take the lead. This isn't to say that I'm not looking at how people want things to go, I'm merely stating that I'll not compromise my own in order to make other's happy. If they want to guide everything, they're more than welcome to start a thread of their own. I'll support where need be. But, I do not have a duty to those in my plot. I have an obligation to -try- to keep them entertained, but I'm here for myself for the most part, and if I allow myself to stop having fun with it, then what point is there for me to stay?

As the GM in an adventure based RP, which this is probably going to be, it is you who gets to dictate the pace of the story and where it's headed, obviously. You clearly would not be an overseer of the story. I think there was a misunderstanding here.

It was a poor choice of words on my part. My apologies.

We're cool. Stuff like this happen in life all the time. Since we're rational people, we sought first to understand, then to be understood, so we came out of this as better human beings... and one step closer to the next stage of human evolution... I've been reading a lot self help books lately.

Last edited:
Is this still open/accepting peeps?

I have been looking to do an rp in the Eragon world because it's just a great idea.

I don't think I'll be GMing something, because for me to feel like I'm getting it right I'd need to read through the books again (And nobody has got time for that >.>) Hopefully someone with more experience in a lead role will pick up the idea, but I dunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.