Epic News: The sun has flipped upside down

F

Fijoli

Original poster
eclipse 1.jpg
Ok, So I've been doing some research and over the past few years have come across some pretty interesting stuff. That polar shift that the strange conspiracy documentary 'zeitgeist' talked about is happening. According to Nasa and a few articles The sun's magnetic poles have switched. This is called a Polar shift.

holding the sun.jpg
"The solar reversal will have significant effects that reach past our own solar system, although few of them will be felt on Earth."
Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/043408_NASA_magnetic_pole_reversal_solar_cycle.html#ixzz2qOvXP0VD

"Scherrer explained earlier in December that "the sun's north pole has already changed sign, while theSouth Pole is racing to catch up." ~RT
http://rt.com/news/sun-upside-down-flip-990/

"This always happens around the time of solar maximum," says David Hathaway, a solar physicist at the Marshall Space Flight Center. "The magnetic poles exchange places at the peak of the sunspot cycle. In fact, it's a good indication that Solar Max is really here." ~NASA
http://science1.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2001/ast15feb_1/

solar flare 1.jpg
Soooo...What the hell is a Solar Maximum?!
Solar maximum or solar max is a normal period of greatest solar activity in the 11 year solar cycle of the Sun. During solarmaximum, large numbers of sunspots appear and the sun's irradiance output grows by about 0.07%.[1] The increased energy output of solar maxima can impact Earth's global climate and recent studies have shown some correlation with regional weather patterns.[citation needed]​

At solar maximum, the Sun's magnetic field lines are the most distorted due to the magnetic field on the solar equator rotating at a slightly faster pace than at the solar poles.[citation needed] Thesolar cycle takes an average of about 11 years to go from one solar maximum to the next, with duration observed varying from 9 to 14 years.

~WIKI
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_maximum

~fixes her glasses~ And That's Epic news for Epic people, brought to you by Fijoli, Nasa, and the internet. Stay tuned for your daily dose of Epicness.

I've long been intrigued about not just the effects of a solar polarity shift, but what the effects of a polar shift in our own planet would be like.

I guess I've got a front row seat to the former. The latter, on the other hand, is something I may never see in my lifetime.

• Love
Reactions: Fijoli
Still waiting for the solar burst that's going to kill all our satellites.

• Love
Still waiting for the solar burst that's going to kill all our satellites.

We got quite close already this year. Strange enough those beautiful northern lights, just before the new year 2014. Vikings called it "The Rainbow bridge" and it is really a massive solar storm of radiation interacting with out atmosphere.

or thats what I have come to consider.

^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
I've long been intrigued about not just the effects of a solar polarity shift, but what the effects of a polar shift in our own planet would be like.

I guess I've got a front row seat to the former. The latter, on the other hand, is something I may never see in my lifetime.

I think we have already seen some amazing things. People like to remind us that this might not happen and that. Honestly, to even get the very thought in my head is just amazing. We are creating and discovering new shit everyday and its EVERYWHERE. And al at the tips of our fingers, The whole world and piece of the universe all there for us to discover and contemplate. so much Inspiration. The good and the bad stuff, peaceful and scary.

to even perceive and Comprehend a solar Max is and should be considered astounding.

We are star stuff. ~Carl Sagan

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
I love space news!

But then when I have recurring dreams about aliens invading, I am not so keen on space news. >>;;

• Love
A couple of dwarf stars were up to no good.

I wonder if this explains all the crazy weather shit of the last couple of years, and why my hometown got flooded. >__>

• Thank You
A couple of dwarf stars were up to no good.

I wonder if this explains all the crazy weather shit of the last couple of years, and why my hometown got flooded. >__>

Sorry to hear about your hometown :/ also good to see you are ok. Yes, I believe the radiation brought by solar storms do effect the weather, earth's magnetic poles were supposed to shift too but I am getting conflicting info that I am hesitant to believe.

Now that WOULD cause problems.

THE BEEEEES!!!!

• Love