Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that will help. You have any powers yourself Dakota ? You certainly have a reputation for getting things done. .

We will certainly take a look at that alley. What could they use blood for, maybe some sort of mad scientist type research ?

Maybe we could run down any large purchases of scientific equipment ?

@Michale CS

Well, that will help. You have any powers yourself Dakota ? You certainly have a reputation for getting things done. .

We will certainly take a look at that alley. What could they use blood for, maybe some sort of mad scientist type research ?

Maybe we could run down any large purchases of scientific equipment ?
"Does dumb luck and the ability to come out of situations I should have died in count? No. I can handle myself in a fight, but I'm no Black Widow." Dakota laughed and shook her head.

"Large purchases? Not sure that will pan out - unless this person used all their money on that and ran out of money to actually do something as simple as set up a phony blood drive to collect their blood. I didn't think of that, so it's worth checking." She went back to eating for a moment.

"I don't even have proof this happened more than once even. If this person is just a copycat depending on the news stories of vampire attacks, it's going to be hard to track it down. I started running down a list of vampire attack 'victims' in the area, but I hadn't made any calls yet. This case just got dumped into my lap day before yesterday and I was finishing up another case."

@Gands

Alright ( as we finish up our meal )

When we get done in the field, send me what you can of your legwork file. I'm not bad with a computer, I will see what I can run down.

We get back on the motorcycle and head to our crime spot.

@Michale CS

Stopping where she was Azalia turned to the noise. Seeing a man approaching her she heard the noise of a walking cane. Yeah, she remembered those days, but luckily she didn't need to deal with that anymore. Tilting her head at his words she thought about it for abit. "Yes while it may not be safe you must worry about that which you can not see." Azalia said with a small smile. But, she realized that he wouldn't be able to see her smirk at all but only hear her slightly monotonic words. Shrugging she kinda knew where she was going but, against her better judgement turned to where the man was walking.

Crossing her arms she put her hands on her necklace for a moment before following behind him. Tugging her jacket tighter she shivered before pulling its hood up. It was cold but not to cold. Ugh, she had to be thin.

@Michale CS

Alright ( as we finish up our meal )

When we get done in the field, send me what you can of your legwork file. I'm not bad with a computer, I will see what I can run down.

We get back on the motorcycle and head to our crime spot.

@Michale CS
Once they got to the alleyway, which was behind a bar on one end and a liquor store on the other, Dakota stopped. "Here we are. She said she was standing by this dumpster. My guess? She was recovering from drinking too much of her dinner. But, alcohol generally doesn't make you see things, so even drunk I trust she saw what she saw. I can tell the dumpster hasn't been moved... see, the rust stains around the wheels on the sidewalk? So it's a good bet the dumpster was here at least. Trash day isn't until tomorrow..."

Dakota turned around once, gesturing. "See anything you can get a read on?"

@Gands

I close my eyes, opening myself up to emotional psychic residue. I am standing nearest to where I think the victim stood.

This only works if there is enough energy left from the incident Dakota, keep your fingers crossed.

@Michale CS

I close my eyes, opening myself up to emotional psychic residue. I am standing nearest to where I think the victim stood.

"This only works if there is enough energy left from the incident Dakota, keep your fingers crossed."

@Michale CS
This was the first image that she got from the area. Presumably this was the attacker. Most of what she got besides that was a blur. The initial part was the man stalking toward her. Then, he raised what looked like two hypodermic needles taped securely together. When she struck back, it took the man by surprise, who apparently thought she would be seeing something entirely different than the truth, and the wild blow with her purse landed on his shoulder causing him to lose grip on the needles. He went to one knee to gather the needles then was surrounded by a thick fog.

When the fog cleared, there was no one there.

@Gands

I close my eyes, breathing deep as the vision comes to me.

A costumed man Dakota. A man of mystery, rich purple cloak and a fishbowl head.

I get out a tablet and start to work on it.

He is called Mysterio. I hand you the tablet. Not good...

@Michale CS

I close my eyes, breathing deep as the vision comes to me.

A costumed man Dakota. A man of mystery, rich purple cloak and a fishbowl head.

I get out a tablet and start to work on it.

He is called Mysterio. I hand you the tablet. Not good...
"Cripes. Well, at least he's the smoke and mirrors kind of guy. A hypnotist, not a meta, right? He's one of Spider-Man's fiends' gallery. Spidey moved to Gotham, why's this guy still here, and why does he need random... blood samples? That's not even making sense on a super-villain level. I think there's something my client isn't telling me. I'm going to go have a chat with her, and you... maybe you can do some legwork to see if we've got anything else that's happened recently that follows his usual M.O. or... anyone seeing him. The blogosphere may have something vaguely credible. We're grasping at straws now."

@Gands

Excellent. And well-informed as well, that made this easier. That and to an extent, Mr. Stokes was right. The Foot Clan operated on the streets, with every chunin expected to have served his time in the lower ranks. It weeded out the incompetent and ensured that they had a basic understanding of the world they lived in. Unless you thought fast, you were dead and the Clan's survival was more than enough statement to showcase their skill in a world filled with the vigilantes and masked men and women of today.

But even the best of them fell to pieces, as Wilson Fisk demonstrated and she looked out the direction of the stage in thoughtful consideration before she spoke.

"Wilson Fisk is in many respects, someone who has earned his repute but he made a mistake. He believed he was dealing with a man, what he was fighting was a symbol." She reached out for the card she displayed earlier, the Foot Clan's emblem dancing around and back and forth between her fingers as she continued.

"The Devil was nigh-supernatural, capable of seemingly almost anything and was certainly more well-trained then the majority of the people he hired to protect his interests. Combine with his mystique and the recent social media regarding these...Vigilantes and their powers, and their minds perform the rest."

She narrowed her eyes and placed the card back down.

"So we fight them on their level. The Foot Clan has experience in....Fighting symbols. But unlike the Hand, we shall not go in alone. And we will make it a costly venture for these heroes to wander the streets. To that end, we are prepared to offer this sum."

Pen and paper from her suit jacket, she folded it and passed it over.

The number in question would have been triple his current rate for his weapons as she spoke.

"We wish to pay you to do what you do with your weapons....Except for one thing. Spread them out among the city proper. Give every thug, everyone you can regardless of one of these toys. Make them common and give those who are bulletproof and secure a reason to fear the gun, like everyone else. Which brings us to the next phase- Distribution."

She smiled.

"We are willing to accommodate your kiosks in Chinatown and East Village, under our protection in exchange for a mere ten percent of all earnings. Your investments will be our investments and we will protect them with all the skill the Clan has to offer. If all goes well, within a single year we'll have the same setup in every other territory, all with the intent to properly arm our Underworld and run these heroes ragged." There was a beat and then she picked up the card as she added quietly.

"And then my father will take over the next phase of the plan."

@OrlandoBloomers
"For real?"

It was a less articulate response than what he was capable of, but for the sum he was being offered he felt it was warranted. The raised eyebrows and elevated pitch of his voice told her as much; He was, plainly, surprised by the figure, even moreso because he knew the Foot were good for it. Word was Oroku had a little investing arrangement going with Stockman Industries that funded his moonlight activities and then some. A play like this was only inevitable.

Sniffing, he placed the paper down on the table and leaned back into his seat again, rubbing the stubble on his upper lip with a finger briefly before clasping both hands over one leg as he looked back down over the balcony.

"I see no reason to refuse. Which I'm guessin' means there's one hidden out in the back somewhere, right? Ha-ha-ha ha-ha-ha-ha!"

Cornell laughed again, but he looked back at her and kept his eyes open in a manner that suggested he was gauging her reaction as much as he was seemingly disregarding the notion. The last of the cackles died down into a mere shadow of a grin, Cottonmouth's tongue momentarily darting along the corner of his mouth once more, but the stare remained.

"This ain't the Purple Dragons. I ain't no patsy there to take a beating while ninjas watch my black ass flounder from the shadows, a'ight? I pay for protection, I expect to be protected. That means no nunchuk-flyin' crocodiles down in my business."

That shit moving into his neighborhood was the last thing he needed. He moved his guns through the proper channels, hired some tough sons of bitches to be his middlemen and oversee things outside of Chinatown and East Village, he could spread his product around to every corner of the city without leaving so much as a trace connecting it back to Harlem, but if some vigilante type caught a whiff of his connections from the Clan's side of things then there was nothing stopping them from walking right on down to his club and busting the door in. Unlike Diamondback, he stayed in one place and it was public; it was legally advantageous, but for the types who didn't follow the procedure of the law it was practically an invitation reading "come bust some shit up".

And then there was the other concern.

"We seal this, I'll defer to your daddy as I need to. But Harlem stays mine. No moves made without my say-so."

Cottonmouth raised his eyebrows, but other than that he seemed to have no further terms. He shifted forward in his seat to turn more fully towards Karai, arm raised and poised to offer a ghetto handshake to seal the deal.

@Ringmaster

• Love
Reactions: Michale CS
"For real?"

It was a less articulate response than what he was capable of, but for the sum he was being offered he felt it was warranted. The raised eyebrows and elevated pitch of his voice told her as much; He was, plainly, surprised by the figure, even moreso because he knew the Foot were good for it. Word was Oroku had a little investing arrangement going with Stockman Industries that funded his moonlight activities and then some. A play like this was only inevitable.

Sniffing, he placed the paper down on the table and leaned back into his seat again, rubbing the stubble on his upper lip with a finger briefly before clasping both hands over one leg as he looked back down over the balcony.

"I see no reason to refuse. Which I'm guessin' means there's one hidden out in the back somewhere, right? Ha-ha-ha ha-ha-ha-ha!"

Cornell laughed again, but he looked back at her and kept his eyes open in a manner that suggested he was gauging her reaction as much as he was seemingly disregarding the notion. The last of the cackles died down into a mere shadow of a grin, Cottonmouth's tongue momentarily darting along the corner of his mouth once more, but the stare remained.

"This ain't the Purple Dragons. I ain't no patsy there to take a beating while ninjas watch my black ass flounder from the shadows, a'ight? I pay for protection, I expect to be protected. That means no nunchuk-flyin' crocodiles down in my business."

That shit moving into his neighborhood was the last thing he needed. He moved his guns through the proper channels, hired some tough sons of bitches to be his middlemen and oversee things outside of Chinatown and East Village, he could spread his product around to every corner of the city without leaving so much as a trace connecting it back to Harlem, but if some vigilante type caught a whiff of his connections from the Clan's side of things then there was nothing stopping them from walking right on down to his club and busting the door in. Unlike Diamondback, he stayed in one place and it was public; it was legally advantageous, but for the types who didn't follow the procedure of the law it was practically an invitation reading "come bust some shit up".

And then there was the other concern.

"We seal this, I'll defer to your daddy as I need to. But Harlem stays mine. No moves made without my say-so."

Cottonmouth raised his eyebrows, but other than that he seemed to have no further terms. He shifted forward in his seat to turn more fully towards Karai, arm raised and poised to offer a ghetto handshake to seal the deal.

@Ringmaster
"There is an element of danger- I would be much remiss if I did not let you know. And we are loath to draw in the bulletproof man into our holdings, but we feel the risk is well worth it." Her eyes glittered as she smiled and added. "The Foot Clan will honor their word....And Harlem of course, is yours as always. We see no reason to move in on allied ground. That said, we will have the same respect on our territory." She scowled but not at him as she said darkly.

"Our enemies operate very differently and following our lead will allow us to preserve our secrecy. Beyond that....I have one more thing to ask. It is a small thing, one which will show the one we approach by action, just how dedicated we are to this, as well as still his mind to betrayal by our side."

She waited a beat and continued.

"Wilson Fisk. We wish for you to arrange a meeting to speak of our plans here tonight. Our plans will go faster, working with him than against him. Can you speak to him and arrange a meeting, Mr. Stokes?"

If the answer was yes, she'd shake hands and smile. Her grip powerful despite her appearance, though she didn't indulge in the usual macho games.

------------
Mikey picked up a wooden cup and tossed it. It bounced off of Casey's head and ricocheted into a trash can. "That's Turtle Titan, knucklehead. But that's not a bad idea after all. But you know what I need to do first? Get some pizza, dude. What say we finish up here and go to Fazio's the next block over? I packed my trenchcoat and hat in my backpack."
Elsewhere, Casey Jones shuddered.

"Sorry man. Just....Had a chill run up my spine. Like I was about to step off a cliff."

Bad enough that he didn't even notice the cup before he spoke.

"Yeah! Pizza sounds good."

Might get this feeling of someone dancing on his grave off his chest.

@OrlandoBloomers @Michale CS

"Yeah! Pizza sounds good."

Might get this feeling of someone dancing on his grave off his chest
"Of course it does, Musclehead!" He was already getting into his getup when... Naw, it was nothing. He just hadn't had dinner yet, right? That was the empty feeling inside.

Fazio's went as you would expect, and afterward, he pat Casey on the shoulder. "We'll get through this man. We always do. Good finds a way or some sort of fortune cookie stuff that Splinter would tell us. Still, I'm gonna talk to April about this too. Maybe she's got some info, and tomorrow... Turtle Titan will return!"

@Ringmaster

"Of course it does, Musclehead!" He was already getting into his getup when... Naw, it was nothing. He just hadn't had dinner yet, right? That was the empty feeling inside.

Fazio's went as you would expect, and afterward, he pat Casey on the shoulder. "We'll get through this man. We always do. Good finds a way or some sort of fortune cookie stuff that Splinter would tell us. Still, I'm gonna talk to April about this too. Maybe she's got some info, and tomorrow... Turtle Titan will return!"

@Ringmaster
"Oh yeah, she's in Gotham, right? What for again, she trying to catch footage of the Bat?"

She might have said something, but he had been watching the game at the time.

@Michale CS

"It looks like your cousin took pretty well to Tockman's approach, up until a... more polite visitor showed up." Shades relayed, looking at his phone and the text message displayed on it.
"Care to tell me who was chatting up my cousin?" Mariah asked, a fake smile on her face as she met some mid-level executive from Kord Industries, shaking their hand while giving a quick glance to her right hand man.
He leaned in and whispered to her, and that smile froze on her face. She said a nicety to the man whom she'd probably instantly forget as he moved off then through clenched teeth, replied.
"Has my cousin lost his god-damned mind? You don't make deals with those people, those people use you! That's why we never got into bed with the Triad or the Yakuza. All this honor bullshit-" She paused as she gave a smile and a healthy wave to Felicity Smoak passing nearby, keeping silent until the rustle of people resumed and the music started up again.
"I swear if they play another cracker-ass song I'm going to- Oh of course." At least the noise will drown out their conversation. "We need to talk to my cousin about his choice of business partners. If he thinks that for one minute I am giving one damned weapon to him to give to... them,he's got a whole other thing coming."

"While I agree with you in principle, Mariah, we have to look at this as an opportunity. The fact that they're reaching out, does it really mean they're expanding? Or are they seeking allies because they've got their own problems. We can find out valuable information here. If you go in there like you're going at me now? They may bolt, or worse, if he's already made some deal and it looks like he turned on it right away? We've got to play this smart. Why don't we... go talk to Cornell tomorrow night. Together. It'll be like old times. Right?" Shades replied, taking Mariah's hand briefly.

She pulled her hand away and put them both up in front of her for a moment, then her fingertips made their way to her temples, and finally her hands dropped back to her sides. "You're right, you're right. Cooler heads. What about that other project of mine? How are we making progress on that?"

Shades nodded. "Right on schedule. And once it's complete? It'll make that Power Ranger getup of Diamondbacks look like kids using trash can lids and two by fours out in the junkyard. It'll be beautiful."

Mariah smiled, and genuinely this time. "And all mine... All mine." Then she spotted someone across the room, her voice raising to normal again. "Oh, Oprah! Come here girl, it's been so long since we've talked..."

And the party at Stark Industries raged on...

@OrlandoBloomers @Ringmaster (Purely for interest, neither of you were called out in this post)

Last edited:
"Oh yeah, she's in Gotham, right? What for again, she trying to catch footage of the Bat?"

She might have said something, but he had been watching the game at the time.
"She was. I think she's back. I was just going to like, call her tomorrow sometime." Mike confessed. "Well, Pizza had, and I feel a lot more zen now that I've got a plan. I'll keep you informed with what I learn. I better get back. Splinter still gives me that look that makes me feel like I did back when I used to sneak cookies from the kitchen when I was a kid if I get back too late. I'm out."

And then, he was. Swiftly.

@Ringmaster

Stopping where she was Azalia turned to the noise. Seeing a man approaching her she heard the noise of a walking cane. Yeah, she remembered those days, but luckily she didn't need to deal with that anymore. Tilting her head at his words she thought about it for abit. "Yes while it may not be safe you must worry about that which you can not see." Azalia said with a small smile. But, she realized that he wouldn't be able to see her smirk at all but only hear her slightly monotonic words. Shrugging she kinda knew where she was going but, against her better judgement turned to where the man was walking.

Crossing her arms she put her hands on her necklace for a moment before following behind him. Tugging her jacket tighter she shivered before pulling its hood up. It was cold but not to cold. Ugh, she had to be thin.

@Michale CS
"You like sushi? Because I love sushi. I think there's a place just at the end of this alley that serves great sushi. That'll have to wait until we stop the muggers that are about to ambush us." The old man said as four men jumped down from the sides of the alley and pulled knives.

"No real finesse anymore." He said as he sidestepped as swipe and cracked one of the attackers on the back of the neck with his cane. A second one lunged forward and he smacked him on the inside of his elbow hard enough for a snap to be heard.

"You can join in anytime, Miss. I have a feeling you're not helpless either."

@Angelic Fusion

Reactions: Angelic Fusion
The main trouble is Dakota, according to Shield, there have been three of these guys and one of them actually was a mentalist, the other two... smoke and mirrors as you say, but clever enough to beat Spider-Man.

I am going to send my friend a request for information on the known locations of these three guys.

@Michale CS

Reactions: Michale CS
"You like sushi? Because I love sushi. I think there's a place just at the end of this alley that serves great sushi. That'll have to wait until we stop the muggers that are about to ambush us." The old man said as four men jumped down from the sides of the alley and pulled knives.

"No real finesse anymore." He said as he sidestepped as swipe and cracked one of the attackers on the back of the neck with his cane. A second one lunged forward and he smacked him on the inside of his elbow hard enough for a snap to be heard.

"You can join in anytime, Miss. I have a feeling you're not helpless either."

@Angelic Fusion

"Huh?" She asked but before he could respond the answer showed itself. Back to one of the robbers she felt something grab the back of her neck before a small snap could be heard. The necklace she had came loose and began to drag across the skin of her neck. Eyes narrowing she felt a tinge of anger surge through her before she turned and stared blindly at the person now holding the necklace. The middle of the necklace opened showing a lidless yellow eye staring out. Looking up from the ground Azalia stared at him "I see you." She mumbled out as the shadows around her seemed to begin writhe. Silently the coporeal shadows struck out catching two of the men by the legs. Azalia was about to.. do things to them but the presence of the other individual snapped her attention back.

With all the theives dealt with Azalia began to make her way over to where her necklace was dropped but, nearly tripped three times along the way being unable to see what she was walking into. Kneeling down to pick it up she closed the eye up before putting it back around her neck. Taking a sigh of relief she closed her eyes and could see, well she could actually see forward instead of not seeing at all. "Sushi? I.. I haven't had anything to eat in awhile." Azalia mumbled out very embarassed about the fact that she was admitting she was homeless.​

*snoooooooore*-

*BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP-*

"....uuuugh. Stupid, friggin... where.... is...the... snooze-"

*BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP-"

"Hate... new...alarm clocks.... Ok seriously. Button? Hello? Where are you?"

*-BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP WHACK BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BANG BANG BANGBANGBANGBANG*

"...."

Harley glowered at the remains of the alarm clock that was now across the room, a small dent in the wall and more than a few bullet holes in the floor near it. "This s'why I hate digital clocks" she muttered as she tossed her pistol back onto the dresser and flopped back down into the bed. She didn't wanna get outta bed. It was the clock's fault. And definitely not the fact that it was.... bills day.

"....uuuuugh-"

Harley nudged the door to the apartment's office open with her shoulder as her other hand rummaged in the donut box she had for a bite "Hey Big T. Hows' the books this month?"

Big Tony, who was a Tony but wasn't exactly huge at around four feet tall, glanced up from where he was looking over a computer and gave Harley a short wave. "Hey boss, almost done. Just gotta include the water bill aaaannnnd.... we're short."

"WHAT?!" Harley yelled and tossed her box in the air in shock. She realized her mistake immediately with a horrified gasp as she lunged to catch the box and swing it around to catch the loose pastries. The last bounced off the desk but a dive had its final resting place in the box, and Harley let out a soft sigh from where she was on the floor before she glowered up at Tony. "There ain't no way"

Tony nodded somberly. "There is"

"DIdja count the rent?"

"Yep"

"And, and didja count my investments?"

"Sure did"

"Well how 'bout we tap into the leftovers from that banker's savins?"

"Did that"

"So.... we're fine right?"

He nodded again. "We would be... if."

"...If?"

"If we hadn't of footed the repair bill for the whole block after the zombie thing"

"Oh yea"

"And if weren't covering coach's college tuition."

"....Oh yea. But hey, these'r all sound investments, they-!"

"Aaaaaaaand there's the five hundred k donation to the rainforest conservation fund you did-"

"T-that was a birthday gift for-"

"Aaaaaaaaaand there's the 2.3 mill bid you put up for that exp-"

"DON'T SAY IT OUT LOUD!" Harley yelped as she bounded off the floor and jammed a donut in Big T's mouth. "...You never know who might be listenin. And wait, hold the phone, didn't we just sell a giant friggin robot?! How are we out of money?!"

Tony chewed and swallowed before he shook his head with a grin. "We made the deal, but that's not exactly something we can move through legal channels boss. We aren't gonna have that for a few weeks still, and these bills are due tomorrow."

Harley groaned and dropped into the seat on the opposite side of the desk with a glum frown as she picked a donut out of the box and took a bite. "...Sho how short is we?"

Tony looked her directly in the eye and with as much gravitas as a doctor delivering the time of death, told her the damage.

"Thirty dollars"

"...Sheriously?"

He nodded.

Harley swallowed and wiped her chin. "So I just gotta make... thirty dollars by tomorrow?"

He nodded again. "Its very serious- Hey!" he let out with a cackle as glazed goodness hit him square in the face.

"Don't mess with me 'bout financials ya galoot, its way too freakin stressful. Now if you'll 'scuse me, I got thirty bucks to make."

She hopped out and over the chair and bumped the door to open it again-

"....ow"

"...Are you ever gonna remember that's a pull door from this side boss?"

-------------------------------------

Harley tossed the box into a nearby trash can as she sucked the last bit of frosting off her fingers and looked around. Times square. Nice place, and plenty o' suckers to make a quick buck off of. Or Thirty bucks to be exact​

Magik.

sigBWSO.png

The voice reverberated inside her mind, making itself heard even over the altitude breeze that whipped her hair and threatened to topple her. She ignored it. Here, at the peak of New York, watching the rest of the world swarm around below as ants, she felt above it. Above them.

Hovering a foot off the highest rooftop in Times Square did tend to have that effect.

Illyana. Or... Ah, pardon me. Would you prefer Darkchilde?

Again, the probing intruder in her mind was met with silence, and if a disembodied voice could feel frustration now would be the time. She could've replied any time she wanted, in truth. She chose not to; she was concentrating, and the voice was annoying to her. Illyana's eyes were closed, her hands held out at shoulder width and conjuring dazzling streaks of arcane light that swirled from her open palms.

Such charming silence. No wonder you're so well-liked. Well, if you haven't got anything to share on the mutant we sent you to find, dear, I'll be going. I have to say I'm disappointed. Your mind is normally so well-guarded from telepaths, now I've finally managed to slip past your psionic shields and it feels... almost wasted? You're less than receptive.

"Frost."

Magik opened her eyes, a bright magenta glow eclipsing them as her scrying spell concluded.

"You're here because I allow you to be."

She levitated back down and set one foot on the rooftop, then the other, stepping forward seamlessly while a glowing circle of energy formed on the floor in front of her. "I located someone... strange. I'm going to look."

Mm. Do try not to disappoint Scott on this one. Or m-*

"Talk sooooooon."

With a final, droning croon that was flatter than a bullet-ridden tire, mystic psi-blocks in the sorceress' mind were reestablished with a simple flick of her arcane will. Many, many miles away, in a secure bunker somewhere in Canada, Emma Frost clutched her head sharply, cursed, and went to find some aspirin; while in New York, the rooftop where Magik had been was already empty. Save for a brief, fleeting glimpse of a blond crown vanishing through a rising disc that shut entirely in the blink of an eye.
Harley tossed the box into a nearby trash can as she sucked the last bit of frosting off her fingers and looked around. Times square. Nice place, and plenty o' suckers to make a quick buck off of. Or Thirty bucks to be exact
Magic... had imperfections. She more than anyone was willing to admit this. But when her magic found her a woman with skin the color of bleach, too flawless and pure to be merely the work of makeup or applied cosmetics, strolling casually through Times Square, while she happened to be seeking a mutant stray in the same area, she was inclined to treat it with some gravity. Manhattan was a big place with many people, of course, but there was something innately mutantish about nonchalantly walking around eating donuts among the populace. That or she was just weird. Also mutantish. She'd be annoyed if she ignored it and it turned out later that this was the one she'd been seeking, if nothing else.

Another stepping disc opened in a secluded location and a spell-assisted change of clothes into a shirt and jeans was all it took for her to prepare. A minute later, Harley felt a hand brush her shoulder, attempting to get her attention.

"Excuse me."

Her voice was tinged with a noticable Russian accent but not broken, her English actually as close to perfect as most native speakers. Assuming Harley turned around, she'd be met by Illyana holding up one hand curled into a wave, the other perched on her lower back, giving her a curious once-over.

tumblr_inline_nx6519RfGb1s4qpfd_100.jpg

"I'm lost. New in town, da? Can you help me?"

...She hoped this woman wasn't just a clown. That would be embarrassing.

@Schnee Corp Lawyer

Status
Not open for further replies.