Status
Not open for further replies.
Magik.

sigBWSO.png

The voice reverberated inside her mind, making itself heard even over the altitude breeze that whipped her hair and threatened to topple her. She ignored it. Here, at the peak of New York, watching the rest of the world swarm around below as ants, she felt above it. Above them.

Hovering a foot off the highest rooftop in Times Square did tend to have that effect.

Illyana. Or... Ah, pardon me. Would you prefer Darkchilde?

Again, the probing intruder in her mind was met with silence, and if a disembodied voice could feel frustration now would be the time. She could've replied any time she wanted, in truth. She chose not to; she was concentrating, and the voice was annoying to her. Illyana's eyes were closed, her hands held out at shoulder width and conjuring dazzling streaks of arcane light that swirled from her open palms.

Such charming silence. No wonder you're so well-liked. Well, if you haven't got anything to share on the mutant we sent you to find, dear, I'll be going. I have to say I'm disappointed. Your mind is normally so well-guarded from telepaths, now I've finally managed to slip past your psionic shields and it feels... almost wasted? You're less than receptive.

"Frost."

Magik opened her eyes, a bright magenta glow eclipsing them as her scrying spell concluded.

"You're here because I allow you to be."

She levitated back down and set one foot on the rooftop, then the other, stepping forward seamlessly while a glowing circle of energy formed on the floor in front of her. "I located someone... strange. I'm going to look."

Mm. Do try not to disappoint Scott on this one. Or m-*

"Talk sooooooon."

With a final, droning croon that was flatter than a bullet-ridden tire, mystic psi-blocks in the sorceress' mind were reestablished with a simple flick of her arcane will. Many, many miles away, in a secure bunker somewhere in Canada, Emma Frost clutched her head sharply, cursed, and went to find some aspirin; while in New York, the rooftop where Magik had been was already empty. Save for a brief, fleeting glimpse of a blond crown vanishing through a rising disc that shut entirely in the blink of an eye.

Magic... had imperfections. She more than anyone was willing to admit this. But when her magic found her a woman with skin the color of bleach, too flawless and pure to be merely the work of makeup or applied cosmetics, strolling casually through Times Square, while she happened to be seeking a mutant stray in the same area, she was inclined to treat it with some gravity. Manhattan was a big place with many people, of course, but there was something innately mutantish about nonchalantly walking around eating donuts among the populace. That or she was just weird. Also mutantish. She'd be annoyed if she ignored it and it turned out later that this was the one she'd been seeking, if nothing else.

Another stepping disc opened in a secluded location and a spell-assisted change of clothes into a shirt and jeans was all it took for her to prepare. A minute later, Harley felt a hand brush her shoulder, attempting to get her attention.

"Excuse me."

Her voice was tinged with a noticable Russian accent but not broken, her English actually as close to perfect as most native speakers. Assuming Harley turned around, she'd be met by Illyana holding up one hand curled into a wave, the other perched on her lower back, giving her a curious once-over.

tumblr_inline_nx6519RfGb1s4qpfd_100.jpg

"I'm lost. New in town, da? Can you help me?"

...She hoped this woman wasn't just a clown. That would be embarrassing.

@Schnee Corp Lawyer
The moment the hand brushed her shoulder, Harley twirled around into a defensive posture, one hand held in front and another... well the other still had frosting she was working on, which was probably why Magik wasn't just straight up decked. Harley blinked when she saw that she wasn't being mugged, and took a few seconds to process what the other girl had asked before she stepped over and swung an arm around the other girl's shoulder with a beaming smile.

"Well then you picked the right stranger's ta' tap lil' ruskie! The Big Apple's a dangerous place, coulda been some loony you poked and that ends in whip cream or zip ties. Or both. But lucky for you, not only am I a resident of this city, I'm a bonee fide land owner, know this place like the back of my hand! So where you tryin' to get to toots?"

The moment the hand brushed her shoulder, Harley twirled around into a defensive posture, one hand held in front and another... well the other still had frosting she was working on, which was probably why Magik wasn't just straight up decked. Harley blinked when she saw that she wasn't being mugged, and took a few seconds to process what the other girl had asked before she stepped over and swung an arm around the other girl's shoulder with a beaming smile.

"Well then you picked the right stranger's ta' tap lil' ruskie! The Big Apple's a dangerous place, coulda been some loony you poked and that ends in whip cream or zip ties. Or both. But lucky for you, not only am I a resident of this city, I'm a bonee fide land owner, know this place like the back of my hand! So where you tryin' to get to toots?"
"Yes, very dangerous. Thank goodness for you."

tumblr_inline_nx5o64t73P1s4qpfd_100.jpg

Illyana cleared her throat, giving the more-jubilant-than-expected woman a glance edgewise as she was touched. She was determined not to break cover, however, to spite Emma's words echoing around in her mind if nothing else. Folding her arms at the abdomen, she began to walk directionlessly, provided the arm slung around her meant Harley followed suit. Somewhere more secluded, first of all. Then she could begin assessing the jester properly. Here, in the morning, Times Square was bustling. It didn't suit.

"The back of your hand's covered in frosting you forgot about."

She remarked offhand at Harley's assertion that she knew the city, though she was competent enough to smile harmlessly to make that barb seem more friendly. Nevertheless, she smirked to herself as she thought on her question.

"I... do not know. I don't like all the people here, can't think... Where is it you own land? Nearby? If there's a phone there I can borrow...?"

The incognito mutant glanced up, feigning hope.

@Schnee Corp Lawyer

"Yes, very dangerous. Thank goodness for you."

tumblr_inline_nx5o64t73P1s4qpfd_100.jpg

Illyana cleared her throat, giving the more-jubilant-than-expected woman a glance edgewise as she was touched. She was determined not to break cover, however, to spite Emma's words echoing around in her mind if nothing else. Folding her arms at the abdomen, she began to walk directionlessly, provided the arm slung around her meant Harley followed suit. Somewhere more secluded, first of all. Then she could begin assessing the jester properly. Here, in the morning, Times Square was bustling. It didn't suit.

"The back of your hand's covered in frosting you forgot about."

She remarked offhand at Harley's assertion that she knew the city, though she was competent enough to smile harmlessly to make that barb seem more friendly. Nevertheless, she smirked to herself as she thought on her question.

"I... do not know. I don't like all the people here, can't think... Where is it you own land? Nearby? If there's a phone there I can borrow...?"

The incognito mutant glanced up, feigning hope.

@Schnee Corp Lawyer
Harley gasped in horror at the prospected of wasted frosting and immediately removed the offending hand to suck it off. "Apparently I know 'York bettah than the back of my hand" she muttered between licks as she listened to the russian's woes-

...huh.

Either this ruskie was truly so tourist that she didn't quite understand the concepts like 'the sanctity of her own life and possessions', Harley had it goin on even more than she thought she did, or this chica was tryin to play her somehow.

Which really any of the three could definitely result in her getting her thirty buckaroos. Except the second she had a lil' more pride than that but-

-Anyway she grinned and bounded over to the other side to put the less saliva-y of her hands 'round the ruskie's shoulders and steered her back the other direction. "Course! Place I own's even kinda famous, Coney Island, home of the hot dogs of the same name an' theme park! And phones. Got at least a few a' those"

@OrlandoBloomers

Harley gasped in horror at the prospected of wasted frosting and immediately removed the offending hand to suck it off. "Apparently I know 'York bettah than the back of my hand" she muttered between licks as she listened to the russian's woes-

...huh.

Either this ruskie was truly so tourist that she didn't quite understand the concepts like 'the sanctity of her own life and possessions', Harley had it goin on even more than she thought she did, or this chica was tryin to play her somehow.

Which really any of the three could definitely result in her getting her thirty buckaroos. Except the second she had a lil' more pride than that but-

-Anyway she grinned and bounded over to the other side to put the less saliva-y of her hands 'round the ruskie's shoulders and steered her back the other direction. "Course! Place I own's even kinda famous, Coney Island, home of the hot dogs of the same name an' theme park! And phones. Got at least a few a' those"

@OrlandoBloomers
"You own Coney Island?" Magik echoed in sharp disbelief, turning her head rapidly to the other shoulder to stare with scrutiny at Harley as she jumped positions, eyebrows scrunched. Unfortunately, so snappish was the inquiry that it might've cast more than a little doubt on the clueless foreigner facade if this woman had anything between her ears at all. And she knew it.

"...I've heard of the place. I am not that lost."

She played it off with a laugh, noting with displeasure that Harley had steered them around to proceed in a completely different direction and rolling her head in reluctance. This was annoying. If the woman wouldn't cooperate then she was going to have to try something else, though surely there was at least one less-populated street between here and wherever she was taking her. She had decided she didn't believe her about Coney Island.

"Is there... a quieter route? To your island? I cannot stand these crowds..."

Illyana trailed off and fell into a glowering silence, though after a while Harley could just barely make out her muttering something low under her breath. Whatever it was was completely indiscernible, but seemed to repeat or at least carry on for a while.

@Schnee Corp Lawyer

"...Whaddaya know? Guy wasn't playing when he described the joint." Harkness remarked, eyes just roving over the whole place. Harlem's Paradise. Doing its best to live up to the name. As he eyed it all, he was also taking note of anything that wasn't nailed down and worth more than a handful, just in case the deal went south. At least then he'd get something for the trouble. "Spared no expense." To say Captain Boomerang looked out of place was akin to saying water is wet. Greased up hair, scruffy beard and all around unkempt appearance made for the sharpest contrast with the slick rich in custom suits, professional right down to their cuffs and shoes.

And he gave not a single damn, sauntering right up to the nearest employee. "G'dae mate. I got yer boss's message, loud and clear. Guessing he's upstairs, yeah? I'll just let myself up." Harkness patted the guy's shoulder, only slightly(a lot) condescendingly. He took two steps up before he recalled and turned back, reaching into his coat pocket...and just grinning at the expected reaction, the guy was already reaching himself. "Ey, take it easy." Boomerang withdrew his hand, holding out a stack of 20s before throwing it the employee's way. "And if ya can, maybe a few six-packs? Keep the change."

With that, he continued on. The thudding of his boots fading with each step as he approached the head honcho himself.

"...He wasn't messing around with this, either. You'll know the boss as soon as ya see him. Impossible to miss. Hell, dressed better than most royalty out there, he said. Heh. Well...here I am. Ta-da." He dropped his two sports bags roughly on the floor.

tumblr_ob7ydypHOj1r5rk9to2_r2_400.gif

"So what's this all bout, then?"

@OrlandoBloomers

"...Whaddaya know? Guy wasn't playing when he described the joint." Harkness remarked, eyes just roving over the whole place. Harlem's Paradise. Doing its best to live up to the name. As he eyed it all, he was also taking note of anything that wasn't nailed down and worth more than a handful, just in case the deal went south. At least then he'd get something for the trouble. "Spared no expense." To say Captain Boomerang looked out of place was akin to saying water is wet. Greased up hair, scruffy beard and all around unkempt appearance made for the sharpest contrast with the slick rich in custom suits, professional right down to their cuffs and shoes.

And he gave not a single damn, sauntering right up to the nearest employee. "G'dae mate. I got yer boss's message, loud and clear. Guessing he's upstairs, yeah? I'll just let myself up." Harkness patted the guy's shoulder, only slightly(a lot) condescendingly. He took two steps up before he recalled and turned back, reaching into his coat pocket...and just grinning at the expected reaction, the guy was already reaching himself. "Ey, take it easy." Boomerang withdrew his hand, holding out a stack of 20s before throwing it the employee's way. "And if ya can, maybe a few six-packs? Keep the change."

With that, he continued on. The thudding of his boots fading with each step as he approached the head honcho himself.

"...He wasn't messing around with this, either. You'll know the boss as soon as ya see him. Impossible to miss. Hell, dressed better than most royalty out there, he said. Heh. Well...here I am. Ta-da." He dropped his two sports bags roughly on the floor.

tumblr_ob7ydypHOj1r5rk9to2_r2_400.gif

"So what's this all bout, then?"

@OrlandoBloomers

tumblr_obo236QKSg1ug9vaqo4_500.gif

Exactly. Royalty. And you know what the pinnacle of all royalty was?

The king.

Cottonmouth was waiting for him in his office. It had been a good few days for his business, having cemented the deal with the Foot, sent feelers out to Fisk for a face-to-face and found time to play around with his new toy courtesy of Tockman inbetween. The thing could punch a hole through an armored vault if it hit it right. He definitely wasn't concerned about value for money. And to cap it all off, now he was the one bigleaguing Mariah and ducking her calls when he felt like it, serving up the "too busy" excuse for seconds. Why not? He could get away with it. Family first, that was right.

It had been a good few days for his business. And now he wanted better.

Boomerang's display was met with a guffaw, Cornell looking positively tickled by everything from the scruffiness to the gym bags as he clapped his hands.

"Now that shit's for real funny! I knew I wouldn't regret this."

He shook his head, letting the vestiges of his laugh die off into a mere chuckle, then a grin, then nothing.

"Why don't you and me talk shop up on the roof, mister Harkness. I'd hate some customer to spy your thrift shop ass through my window and get the wrong idea."

He smirked and pointed upwards, folding his suit jacket over one arm and making to walk right past Digger towards the repurposed fire escape leading up to the roof.

@C.T.

• Love
Reactions: C.T.
"Why don't you and me talk shop up on the roof, mister Harkness. I'd hate some customer to spy your thrift shop ass through my window and get the wrong idea."

He smirked and pointed upwards, folding his suit jacket over one arm and making to walk right past Digger towards the repurposed fire escape leading up to the roof.​
"This is your show, mate. After ya." He fell in line behind Stokes on the way up. As to how long it would be his show...that was the question, wasn't it? Fisk was still a player around here, last he heard. If they stepped too much on each other's toes...plus, stories spread like wildfire. The devil of Hell's Kitchen, Mister Bulletproof, not to mention that walking one man army who killed more men and women than a bunch of aliens dropping into the heart of the whole bloody city. And that was with regular bullets, too. If there was anything to the rumors of the tech floating around...he shuddered at the thought.

Inwardly, at least. Outwardly, he grinned. That tech could be used for his benefit, too.

@OrlandoBloomers

"You own Coney Island?" Magik echoed in sharp disbelief, turning her head rapidly to the other shoulder to stare with scrutiny at Harley as she jumped positions, eyebrows scrunched. Unfortunately, so snappish was the inquiry that it might've cast more than a little doubt on the clueless foreigner facade if this woman had anything between her ears at all. And she knew it.

"...I've heard of the place. I am not that lost."

She played it off with a laugh, noting with displeasure that Harley had steered them around to proceed in a completely different direction and rolling her head in reluctance. This was annoying. If the woman wouldn't cooperate then she was going to have to try something else, though surely there was at least one less-populated street between here and wherever she was taking her. She had decided she didn't believe her about Coney Island.

"Is there... a quieter route? To your island? I cannot stand these crowds..."

Illyana trailed off and fell into a glowering silence, though after a while Harley could just barely make out her muttering something low under her breath. Whatever it was was completely indiscernible, but seemed to repeat or at least carry on for a while.

@Schnee Corp Lawyer
"Oooooh no no no, that's a terrible Idea Tooskie." she said a sidelong grin and slightly narrowed eyes "Sure's there's the back allies and subway tunnels, but those'r way too dangerous for a couple a' helpless dames like us two. We's gonna stay right here in front a' all these folks where we're safe, all the way ta Coney."

The arm got a little bit tighter, and she leaned a little closer

"...Unless you pay me..."

She put her mouth right next to Magik's ear and whispered

"Thirty bucks."

"Then we can go wherever you want tooskie, since you obviously want me somewhere!" she said back at regular volume, though not actually moving any farther away from the ear :T​

Kings, Lords and other such titles were well and good. They emphasized the role of the one at the top and how they conducted themselves. Whether it was with the word of the King in Harlem, the Grandfatherly mannerism of the Don in Gotham from Falcone, it separated them from the thugs. The riff-raff, the animals...The freaks. So how would one describe the Master of Chinatown and East Village? By the most fitting moniker of all.

Warlord.

Shredder_Declan_Shalvey.jpg

He ran his operations from the shadows, using rumor and whisper to enhance his reputation as well as taking a solid approach on the street. The Purple Dragon gang and its leader, Hun answered to him. The Clan itself and its enforcers were well trained, both in the ancient ways as well as modern. And when humanity no longer applied, he reached out with those with power to take on the animals.

But this dance, as fun as it was could not last forever and once more, the Shredder returned to New York City on his private landing pad. Karai, dressed much more traditionally bowed from the waist with the retinue to welcome him. Shredder, in acknowledgement nodded once before they set off for the elevator.

"Status report."

"We've paid the bail for Rocksteady- Though we failed to see a retaliation from the Turtles for it, which cost us one of our own. I've taken steps to increase the patrols around our territory in response, as per our methods."

"And Harlem?"

"Mr. Stokes was most ecstatic at the idea. We're currently helping his forces set up shop in key locations, before the giveaway occurs."

"A necessary evil, to perform our goal."

The elevator opened, into a hall of armored figures. Ancient displays, from ages past and set up like impassive sentinels. Their honor guard had vanished at some point. Father and daughter ignored it in favor of the others company as they walked.

"An untrained army, turned against those with power is dangerous only to themselves. But they will not ignore them, not when every thug in this benighted city is armed with weaponry on a level beyond any ordinary gun." It was how they had first noted Cottonmouth, to be frank. His bidding war with Diamondhead had shown a quality of ruthlessness the Shredder enjoyed in others and his weapons had proven useful. Putting them in the hands of everyone had been his idea, hence the buyout. It was the Shredder's gift to every vigilante who had troubled them before.

But they would need Wilson Fisk and the Hand for this part to come.

It was only a matter of time and turning around, he'd hold still as Karai detached his cape from his shoulders and smiled warmly into that armored face.

"Welcome home Father. New York city has missed you."

The Shredder had returned.

And let all his enemies beware.

@Hail to the Foot Clan.​

"This is your show, mate. After ya." He fell in line behind Stokes on the way up. As to how long it would be his show...that was the question, wasn't it? Fisk was still a player around here, last he heard. If they stepped too much on each other's toes...plus, stories spread like wildfire. The devil of Hell's Kitchen, Mister Bulletproof, not to mention that walking one man army who killed more men and women than a bunch of aliens dropping into the heart of the whole bloody city. And that was with regular bullets, too. If there was anything to the rumors of the tech floating around...he shuddered at the thought.

Inwardly, at least. Outwardly, he grinned. That tech could be used for his benefit, too.

@OrlandoBloomers

Cottonmouth pushed open the roof access door and stepped into the brisk rooftop air with a chuckle, rubbing his hands together and stalking to the center of the roof where he looked out over the neighborhood with a sigh. "Feel that Harlem air. Least polluted 'hood in Manhattan, you believe that Mr. Harkness? So they say." He shrugged his shoulders, turning back around to face Boomerang upfront again. Or, more accurately, face the direction behind him, scratching his nose with one finger while his other stayed in his pocket and out of the cold.

"Boys."

Then it happened. Out from around the corner of the roof access stepped four men dressed in assorted hoodies and jackets, the one at the forefront wearing a cap. None of them looked particularly friendly to begin with (except maybe the largest one for some reason), and all were leering. Cottonmouth gave another bemused grin, pointing to them.

"Mr. Harkness. This here's Zip, Sugar, Koko and Amos. They'll be jumping your ass this fine afternoon. We can resume our business talks soon as these gentlemen have concluded theirs, assuming you're still conscious. If you're not, this'll all have been a waste of time; And I'll be sure to check those bags of yours into the hospital when they bring you in. That sound alright to you?"

He flitted his tongue across his bottom lip and opted not to wait for a response, instead flicking his eyes towards Zip and nodding once. Incited, Zip turned to the hardiest-looking of his buddies with a thrilled grin.

"Show the man whatchu famous for."

Without further ado, the man stepped up and did.

QlywEFi.gif

@C.T.

Then it happened. Out from around the corner of the roof access stepped four men dressed in assorted hoodies and jackets, the one at the forefront wearing a cap. None of them looked particularly friendly to begin with (except maybe the largest one for some reason), and all were leering. Cottonmouth gave another bemused grin, pointing to them.

"Mr. Harkness. This here's Zip, Sugar, Koko and Amos. They'll be jumping your ass this fine afternoon. We can resume our business talks soon as these gentlemen have concluded theirs, assuming you're still conscious. If you're not, this'll all have been a waste of time; And I'll be sure to check those bags of yours into the hospital when they bring you in. That sound alright to you?"
"...Oh. Aight, I get it." His eyes shifted through the four quickly before settling on the last one, Zip, with an annoyed and honestly bit disinterested look.

tumblr_oasjbqap5n1rf5sfpo1_500.gif

"Spent all your cash on your locale and your threads, don't got enough for decent help or so it sounds like. Not with names like those." He full on laughed, pulling his stuffed animal out of his jacket. "Best you sit this one out, Pinky." He dropped the unicorn at his feet, not taking his eyes off these punks for a moment. And he didn't even have to waste any time asking who was up to bat first.
He flitted his tongue across his bottom lip and opted not to wait for a response, instead flicking his eyes towards Zip and nodding once. Incited, Zip turned to the hardiest-looking of his buddies with a thrilled grin.

"Show the man whatchu famous for."

Without further ado, the man stepped up and did.​
Without missing a beat, Harkness leaned back to let the fist sail harmlessly through the air centimeters in front of his face. At the same time, his boot rose up to deliver a strong kick right to the guy's balls. Cheap? Maybe, but all's fair in love and war. Counting on that blow to keep the guy doubled over and busy for the next few seconds, both his hands reached into his coat...and then moved in unison, two boomerangs thrown. Right for Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum's skulls, followed swiftly by a hard elbow to the guy who he kicked down under, going for the knockout blow.

If successful that would leave only Zip himself...at which point Boomerang just smirked.

@OrlandoBloomers

"Oooooh no no no, that's a terrible Idea Tooskie." she said a sidelong grin and slightly narrowed eyes "Sure's there's the back allies and subway tunnels, but those'r way too dangerous for a couple a' helpless dames like us two. We's gonna stay right here in front a' all these folks where we're safe, all the way ta Coney."

The arm got a little bit tighter, and she leaned a little closer

"...Unless you pay me..."

She put her mouth right next to Magik's ear and whispered

"Thirty bucks."

"Then we can go wherever you want tooskie, since you obviously want me somewhere!" she said back at regular volume, though not actually moving any farther away from the ear :T​
"..."

tumblr_inline_obi2vxwKlP1tkyomx_100.png

"Maldifidii ith ith locitum elzebus."

Before Harley could even begin to try and decipher that (not that she ever could, unless black magic spawned from Limbo was one of the things she covered in college), a glowing disc portal suddenly opened up on the ground beneath their feet, and a multitude of claws, teeth and tentacles erupted forth to grip her and yank her clean through. Ignoring the startled cries breaking out among those civilians near enough and quick enough to catch it, Illyana wiped her shoulder off, stepped forward and casually dropped through the stepping disc herself, letting it close immediately in her wake while the passersby of Times Square tried to figure out what the Hell just happened and she went to deal with this.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the portal...

cassa-hotel-times-square.jpg

They were on someone's rooftop patio. How lovely.

Harley being rolled across the tiling like a bowling ball to clonk against the wall was less so, but it was how she got her bearings. If she looked back up she saw her clueless "Ruskie" transport in, now flocked by a trio of vicious-looking monsters that stood before her, lacking all features save claws and teeth. Gone was the uncertainty and meekness she implanted in her voice while playing innocent, replaced by a chiding confidence and bitter edge as she sighed in lamentation.

"Oops, I summoned demons. Look what happens when you try to extort from me."

@Schnee Corp Lawyer

"...Oh. Aight, I get it." His eyes shifted through the four quickly before settling on the last one, Zip, with an annoyed and honestly bit disinterested look.

tumblr_oasjbqap5n1rf5sfpo1_500.gif

"Spent all your cash on your locale and your threads, don't got enough for decent help or so it sounds like. Not with names like those." He full on laughed, pulling his stuffed animal out of his jacket. "Best you sit this one out, Pinky." He dropped the unicorn at his feet, not taking his eyes off these punks for a moment. And he didn't even have to waste any time asking who was up to bat first.

Without missing a beat, Harkness leaned back to let the fist sail harmlessly through the air centimeters in front of his face. At the same time, his boot rose up to deliver a strong kick right to the guy's balls. Cheap? Maybe, but all's fair in love and war. Counting on that blow to keep the guy doubled over and busy for the next few seconds, both his hands reached into his coat...and then moved in unison, two boomerangs thrown. Right for Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum's skulls, followed swiftly by a hard elbow to the guy who he kicked down under, going for the knockout blow.

If successful that would leave only Zip himself...at which point Boomerang just smirked.

@OrlandoBloomers

NAayJQv.png

"Parley?"

@C.T.

NAayJQv.png

"Parley?"

@C.T.
"Heh heh...why not. Honor among thieves, right?" He was amiable enough, catching both boomerangs on the return and stowing 'em away once more. "No hard feelings, yeah? Was just a show, ya understand. What I'm famous for, it's all in the name. This blue jacket ain't for nothing. Cap'n Boomerang. Master of the edged weapon that can lop your head off." Boomerang kneeled, picking Pinky back up and sliding her back into his coat too. A quick glance over the fallen, accompanied by a smirk.

"Ya should probably take out the trash though." With that, he turned to Cottonmouth once more.

tumblr_o1u9bxcOpP1us6xklo1_500.gif

@OrlandoBloomers

"..."

tumblr_inline_obi2vxwKlP1tkyomx_100.png

"Maldifidii ith ith locitum elzebus."

Before Harley could even begin to try and decipher that (not that she ever could, unless black magic spawned from Limbo was one of the things she covered in college), a glowing disc portal suddenly opened up on the ground beneath their feet, and a multitude of claws, teeth and tentacles erupted forth to grip her and yank her clean through. Ignoring the startled cries breaking out among those civilians near enough and quick enough to catch it, Illyana wiped her shoulder off, stepped forward and casually dropped through the stepping disc herself, letting it close immediately in her wake while the passersby of Times Square tried to figure out what the Hell just happened and she went to deal with this.

"Whoa whoa WHOA THIS'S MORE THAN A THIRTY BUCK TRIP EEEK-"
Meanwhile, on the other side of the portal...

cassa-hotel-times-square.jpg

They were on someone's rooftop patio. How lovely.

Harley being rolled across the tiling like a bowling ball to clonk against the wall was less so, but it was how she got her bearings. If she looked back up she saw her clueless "Ruskie" transport in, now flocked by a trio of vicious-looking monsters that stood before her, lacking all features save claws and teeth. Gone was the uncertainty and meekness she implanted in her voice while playing innocent, replaced by a chiding confidence and bitter edge as she sighed in lamentation.

"Oops, I summoned demons. Look what happens when you try to extort from me."

@Schnee Corp Lawyer
"Ooof!"

Harley blinked and bounced up to a crouch right off the wall. Needless to say she was a bit flummoxed as her eyes snapped back and forth between the balls of teeth and anger and Magik herself.

"Holy Lucifer's grandchildren, you's a magic caster, Like Zatanna or Doctor Strangefate! Fatestrange. Why can't I remember the name, he's s'pposed to be sorcerer supreme or- wait. No. Focus."

She bounced up to her feet and put out her hands to try and placate Ruskie and the hell band. "You got it all wrong Tooskie, I wasn't tryin to extort you! I just really need thirty buckaroos and figured if you gave it ta' me before you led me off to get murdered or robbed I could kick your patooshkie and be on my way. Thats what this is ain't it, a shake down?" She glanced at the demons again with a slightly grossed out look.

"...because lemme tell you if this is somethin else I wouldn't do that with those for thirty billion. Probably. I dunno thats a lot of money but I got standards and pride!"

@OrlandoBloomers

"Heh heh...why not. Honor among thieves, right?" He was amiable enough, catching both boomerangs on the return and stowing 'em away once more. "No hard feelings, yeah? Was just a show, ya understand. What I'm famous for, it's all in the name. This blue jacket ain't for nothing. Cap'n Boomerang. Master of the edged weapon that can lop your head off." Boomerang kneeled, picking Pinky back up and sliding her back into his coat too. A quick glance over the fallen, accompanied by a smirk.

"Ya should probably take out the trash though." With that, he turned to Cottonmouth once more.

tumblr_o1u9bxcOpP1us6xklo1_500.gif

@OrlandoBloomers

tumblr_oeegpilpWr1qcwaqao1_500.gif

"What else can I say? You my man."

Cottonmouth had simply stood back and watched with gleeful expectation when Boomerang went to work, and he had not been left disappointed. Nothing but a quality test. He payed those four idiots to get beat up and payed the man himself a lot more to fall in line. That was the way the streets worked. The rats got the pickings and the alligators got the meat.

"When I heard about you I thought it was the weakest shit I ever heard in my life. "Captain Boomerang", ha-ha-ha-ha-ha. But you don't pick up three life sentences in Belle Reve by being weak. You wanna make some real plays in this city, you work for me now. I need some muscle who can actually do somethin other'n cry uncle when some fool on a high horse comes into my club. Zip and his boys were enough for simpler streets, in a simpler time, but as you know well, Mr. Harkness, times are-a changin'. We must all of us evolve or be left in the dirt."

Pacing forward with wide shoulders, he clapped Digger on the shoulder and passed him a clip of folded hundred bills, not even looking at Zip as he started stirring his unconscious homeboys.

"Unlike most these broke-ass youngsters I can pay for my test drive. Buy yourself soap and a razor. Clean clothes, while you're at it. You gonna need the money in those gym bags downstairs laundered, too. That's not a problem. I take an 8% cut for that service rendered, you get the rest; Anywhere else'll cost you 20 or more. I'm nice like that."

He smirked, stepping over the bodies of his sleeping employees en route to the roof access door.

"And you leave that unicorn inside your jacket. I never saw it, it was never here. Ask no questions hear no lies, ain't that how it goes?"

@C.T.
"Whoa whoa WHOA THIS'S MORE THAN A THIRTY BUCK TRIP EEEK-"

"Ooof!"

Harley blinked and bounced up to a crouch right off the wall. Needless to say she was a bit flummoxed as her eyes snapped back and forth between the balls of teeth and anger and Magik herself.

"Holy Lucifer's grandchildren, you's a magic caster, Like Zatanna or Doctor Strangefate! Fatestrange. Why can't I remember the name, he's s'pposed to be sorcerer supreme or- wait. No. Focus."

She bounced up to her feet and put out her hands to try and placate Ruskie and the hell band. "You got it all wrong Tooskie, I wasn't tryin to extort you! I just really need thirty buckaroos and figured if you gave it ta' me before you led me off to get murdered or robbed I could kick your patooshkie and be on my way. Thats what this is ain't it, a shake down?" She glanced at the demons again with a slightly grossed out look.

"...because lemme tell you if this is somethin else I wouldn't do that with those for thirty billion. Probably. I dunno thats a lot of money but I got standards and pride!"

@OrlandoBloomers
Q17ZTgj.png

"Why would I murder or rob you? You don't have thirty DOLLARS! I could not even pay for MCDONALDS!"

Illyana exclaimed back while gesticulating, incensed at being profiled as such and to varying degrees by Harley's remarks; Though she ignored much of what was said for the benefit of everyone involved. The demons flanking her gnashed their teeth, screeched and writhed, but otherwise she seemed to have them leashed. In a mystical sense.

"You know what? I try to do this the polite way. I try to make people like me. Nothing works. It's always me who says the wrong thing. Pah! Fine."

She raised her right arm to the sky as if drawing an invisible sword from her own heart, yet by the time it pointed fully upwards it was no longer invisible and instead was an actual, huge sword. Only magical. Her left arm was encased in a demonic-looking piece of plate armor, simultaneously, and with a single swipe of the glowing blade she cut through all three demons in front of her, severing their essence and causing them to fade away. Apparently something Harley had said had made her not want to use them anymore.

"This will do the speaking for me. I'll learn what I need without your cooperation, patooshkie. Attack me!"

@Schnee Corp Lawyer

• Love
Reactions: C.T.
Q17ZTgj.png

"Why would I murder or rob you? You don't have thirty DOLLARS! I could not even pay for MCDONALDS!"
Well that was insultin. She had at least four dollars on her-
"You know what? I try to do this the polite way. I try to make people like me. Nothing works. It's always me who says the wrong thing. Pah! Fine."

She raised her right arm to the sky as if drawing an invisible sword from her own heart, yet by the time it pointed fully upwards it was no longer invisible and instead was an actual, huge sword. Only magical. Her left arm was encased in a demonic-looking piece of plate armor, simultaneously, and with a single swipe of the glowing blade she cut through all three demons in front of her, severing their essence and causing them to fade away. Apparently something Harley had said had made her not want to use them anymore.

"This will do the speaking for me. I'll learn what I need without your cooperation. Attack me!"

@Schnee Corp Lawyer
"Oh good, just murder then" Harley said with a sigh of relief before she rolled her neck and cracked her knuckles. "And if its a tussle you want, its a tussle you're gonna gets Tooskie! And if I win... you give me thirty bucks. Like I seriously need that thirty bucks or Coney's gonna be goin either without water or electricity for a month and lemme tell yah that will be a mess. The scatapult won't be workin so the poor puppies'll have to carry their own business outs-"

Midway through the sentence Harley drew a fullbore magnum out of her bag and swung it towards magik. She squeezed off a trio of shots in rapid succession. Mainly aimed at the legs, cuz' you couldn't collect a bet from a dead girl :T​

I ride my BMW motorcycle down to Coney Island.

I'm dressed fairly normal, jeans, boots, turtleneck and leather jacket.
I walk over to the admin office and go inside.

There is a short ... no really, either a very short man, or a large little man.

Hello, is the owner in please ?

No miss, I'm the assistant manager, can I help you ?

Can I leave a business card ? I'd like miss Quinn's help with something. An ongoing investigation where I believe her ... unique history and skills can be of great benefit.

Eden Haller
Cell phone
Business phone

Consultant.

I've attached a check made out to Harlene Quinn Esq. for $50.00

@ Schnee Corp Lawyer

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: OrlandoBloomers
"Oh good, just murder then" Harley said with a sigh of relief before she rolled her neck and cracked her knuckles. "And if its a tussle you want, its a tussle you're gonna gets Tooskie! And if I win... you give me thirty bucks. Like I seriously need that thirty bucks or Coney's gonna be goin either without water or electricity for a month and lemme tell yah that will be a mess. The scatapult won't be workin so the poor puppies'll have to carry their own business outs-"

Midway through the sentence Harley drew a fullbore magnum out of her bag and swung it towards magik. She squeezed off a trio of shots in rapid succession. Mainly aimed at the legs, cuz' you couldn't collect a bet from a dead girl :T
Did somebody say "murder"?

lYpwCJo.jpg

The End

Not really. Instead of disappearing through the disc Magik projected in front of her and coming back around to ventilate Harley entirely, the three magnum slugs simply reappeared from another portal a short distance in front of the onetime psychologist, angled to pelt the tiled floors just in front of her feet and kick up dust with the desired effect of making her dance and hop around like a cartoon character. Illyana might not have been actively trying to kill Harley, but that didn't mean she wouldn't spare a little cruelty for someone trying to shoot her. And she wanted to apply enough duress to coax the x-gene out of this giggling hyena without having to wait too long.

She smirked and gave a twisted laugh, flicking her sword out to one side.

"You insult both of us by shooting at me, porcelain doll. That gun's too big for your soft, baby hands. You expect me pay you a dime? I can find good comedy for free in this city! I want more from you."

The mutant started stalking forward with a grimace, eyes aglow in a blaze of literal hellfire.

"Do better. Show me your ability!"

@Schnee Corp Lawyer

tumblr_oeegpilpWr1qcwaqao1_500.gif

"What else can I say? You my man."

Cottonmouth had simply stood back and watched with gleeful expectation when Boomerang went to work, and he had not been left disappointed. Nothing but a quality test. He payed those four idiots to get beat up and payed the man himself a lot more to fall in line. That was the way the streets worked. The rats got the pickings and the alligators got the meat.

"When I heard about you I thought it was the weakest shit I ever heard in my life. "Captain Boomerang", ha-ha-ha-ha-ha. But you don't pick up three life sentences in Belle Reve by being weak. You wanna make some real plays in this city, you work for me now. I need some muscle who can actually do somethin other'n cry uncle when some fool on a high horse comes into my club. Zip and his boys were enough for simpler streets, in a simpler time, but as you know well, Mr. Harkness, times are-a changin'. We must all of us evolve or be left in the dirt."

Pacing forward with wide shoulders, he clapped Digger on the shoulder and passed him a clip of folded hundred bills, not even looking at Zip as he started stirring his unconscious homeboys.

"Unlike most these broke-ass youngsters I can pay for my test drive. Buy yourself soap and a razor. Clean clothes, while you're at it. You gonna need the money in those gym bags downstairs laundered, too. That's not a problem. I take an 8% cut for that service rendered, you get the rest; Anywhere else'll cost you 20 or more. I'm nice like that."

He smirked, stepping over the bodies of his sleeping employees en route to the roof access door.

"And you leave that unicorn inside your jacket. I never saw it, it was never here. Ask no questions hear no lies, ain't that how it goes?"
"About what I expected. And o'course ya rip on the name. It's just straightforward, aight? Lets people know what I'm all about. I mean, guessing your guys aren't that different. Zip gets his from him being the bitchboy to help zip up women's dresses on special occasions at this joint. And what was it, Sugar? He sweetens the coffee and drinks and shit, am I close?" He didn't care at all for an answer.

"...I see why this place really deserves the name paradise. Talk about the service, not only do I get a line to some more steady cash, not only do I get to humiliate some punks but to top this cake off, I don't have to ask fer one of the things I came here for. Yeah, the cash came from a place just off from the coast by Greenwich. Could have taken it just bout anywhere. Hell, I imagine any two bit dirty pawn shop owner would do it. But then, I get yer summons and I think, why not just skip one of the middlemen and go to one of the top bros since I'm hitting that spot anyway. Eight percent too, even. Mighty generous. Business must be a'booming." He snickered.

"...some people just can't appreciate good art." Boomerang muttered with a slight shake of the head. "Fine, Pinky stays outta your way. But speakin of inside my jacket, I do got another thing I came here for. Round about the time I hit that free money, some bloke spewin ice puns approaches me. Some broad on a hide and seek mission, sounded pretty damn important too. And if ya liked my moniker, I figure this one'll do one better. Apparently a birth name too, even." He withdrew the folder, holding it out.

"Any chance you'd know the chick or any associates? Put the word out?"

@OrlandoBloomers

• Thank You
Reactions: Michale CS
Status
Not open for further replies.