3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Urban Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Modern, Horror, Magical... pretty flexible.
latest

"Gotham City. Since everything changed, it went from being just another crime-infested pit of a city to being the capital of New Jersey - and still crime-infested. Only difference now, is some people get paid by the government to add to that infestation. Politicians. People who think that because people punched a piece of paper saying, I think you're right for this job, that gives them the right to do whatever it is they want, as long as their adoring public never finds out about it. Sometimes even after."

slums.jpg

"Not that Gotham doesn't still have it's share of trashy, slum-ridden neighborhoods. It does, even with that fancy new monorail zipping all around town like some demented theme park ride. I gotta admit though, a lot harder to dispose of a body via train 'accident' when you have to get 30 feet up in the air to do it. These are the neighborhoods that I cover. For some reason, I, and a select few other people, lucky or not, can remember how things were before. There were no Avengers, no SHIELD, no Daily Bugle or Spiderman. Or... and this is going to sound crazy, but there's these turtle guys who live in the sewers across the river. I swear, I saw one. Wearing a mask. Isn't that rich? As if a little swath of cloth across your face was going to hide you were some sort of mutant half human half turtle. People here, they need answers. Thankfully, I can answer them. Who am I? They call me..."

latest

"The Question."

[[ OOC - This will serve as the freeplay thread for Gotham City for members of the Epic Crossover clan. Interested in playing here? Join!

POST ANY AND ALL POSTS RELATED TO THE MOB WAR IN THE BODY PARTS THREAD NOT HERE ]]

Last edited:
"Proper suit. Even if he does hire you dressed as you are, you'll fetch a nicer wage all dressed up. Besides, I bet you clean up well, and I can't wait to see you that way, personally." She slipped him a card. "Call me. I'm actually... working right now. The... hostess for... special guests and I just heard one come in..."

Joe chewed over her offer along with his salmon, another cig, and another scotch until the effects of her power faded and he felt like a damned fool. He had always been a sucker for the leggy blondes with her type of personality. This one almost had him working for the other side. Almost had him go against what he and Mr. Red were finally doing after a year of nothing but practice runs and training.

He knew the smart thing to do would be to forget about it. Toss her card in the gutter. But even after he'd finished, threw down cash for his bill plus a nice tip, and started walking out; he looked up to the VIP lounge hoping to catch another look at her.

He left the Iceberg Lounge and went to a cheap little hotel for the night. It was the type of place that catered specifically to people who wanted to be off the grid like himself. So it was all cash, and held together by a combo of bad odors, broken dreams, and cockroaches. As he settled onto the bed and was thankful the bedding was at least clean, the phone rang.

"Hello Mr. Red. What's my next target, and can it wait until tomorrow night?" He asked with Rayleen's card in his hand.

"You don't need to sleep Joseph. We've been over this." Mr. Red replied. He was a forty-year-old man with a pack a day habit, and it could always be heard in his voice. Joe knew eventually he'd need a voice modulator or a trip to someone who can rip the cancer out of him.

"Doesn't mean I don't like it." Joe countered.

"Whatever kid. My source gave me the name of a man known to assist our enemies."

"A tainted soul then." The nonchalance faded from his Joe's voice. It took on a quiet edge.

"Correct. The first is Judge Crawford. A tainted man who has taken money for all players to come and go through Gotham. He lives just outside the city proper at 1282 Palisade Drive. Scorch him, but spare his family. My source could not provide any proof he has infected his family tree."

"Crawford will be scorched, Mr. Red." Joe confirmed.

"Always remember-" Mr. Red began but Joe interrupted.

"If they stand in my way, knock them down. If they stand against me again, scorch them as well."

"Goodnight boy."

Joe hung up and after setting the card on the nightstand, shut out the bedside light and struggled to sleep for an hour until he finally managed to quiet his mind enough to do it.

It wasn't long before all of them were face to face again, plus one. April, or as she liked to be referred to now, Doll.
"I wish I still had a sense of smell. Though I can't eat, I could at least appreciate the smell of baked goods, good pizza, and coffee. But on the plus side, I don't have to bear through smelling people who might have just crawled out of the sewers." Her gaze flicked to Nosferatu for a moment.

"Trust me, you're not missing out. It's not that bad." Question responded. "So..." He recounted to Argent, Nosferatu, and Doll what exactly he'd come across and what he'd been able to learn from the thug.

"That's what we got. Ideas?"

@Gands @york @Ringmaster
"What a goddamn shame."

He said lightly, taking a sip of what smelled like Irish stew, picked up before he came. The rich smell wafting across the table and filling the air. Considering where he got it, little surprise. The owner was a nice enough guy and a natural born Irish as well. This was the genuine article and well worth showing up for in person.

Even if he did need to place the mask up a bit to do so.

"Yeah. Why are we getting involved? Seems to me we've got someone with a sense of civic duty. If he wants to waste criminals, he can have em as far as I'm concerned."

He said flatly.

@Gands @york @Michale CS
I nod to Nos as he comes in, sitting still as question updates him.

""The problem is this, largely it normally wouldn't bother me but for potential collateral damage. At this time we are on the edge of a gang war. The bigger it gets the more likely innocent people get hurt".

Grady looked at the other mask, hoping to reach whatever was left of his humanity.

@Michale CS @Ringmaster @york
Did he look like Batman?

That said, the mention of a Gang War did catch his interest.

"Between who? And you believe this hothead is working for one of them?"

@Gands @york @Michale CS
"I don't think so, but I could be wrong. I caught guys in pajamas with swords trying to burn out a dry cleaner tonight. Normally, the local Asian community, or gang, is very territorial. I believe I confirmed something is up visiting the iceberg lounge just now".

"Doesn't make sense that this fire demon guy is associated with that. Not to me anyhow. This guy just needs to not escalate this any further. I would like to head him off at his next target".
"I dunnae, Grady. That's an awfully specific target he hit. It hits production at its source. It'd almost take someone on the inside ta know that building was even anything. I pulled up Google pics of it before it's burnin' an it just looks like a hotel from in front. Mebbe he ain't under the direct pay of anyone, but if he weren't - he wouldna have known that were a place like it was. Weren't even no drugs on site t' hear Question tell it. Course it could be jes a guy wi' a mad on fer druggies. If I knew some fella what turns into a hellbent demon and I was with the competition, I wouldn't send him at the end point, neither. This hurts them more than bustin a dozen pushers on the street would. If he ain't working for someone, he been given good information by someone who do."

"I thought it was my job to find conspiracies everywhere, Doll? You're getting close to stealing my thunder, and you're better looking. I'd be out of a job if you did that all the time."

@Ringmaster @Gands @york
"Hmmph. Well, whatever. I'm under obligation and don't have much of a stake otherwise...But if I am going to do this, I want to know. Which gangs got hit and which ones are sharpening knives for war?"

Nosferatu asked.

@Gands @york @Michale CS
"What you are sayin makes sense tah me April. That makes it seem more personal to me too. Which may or may not be related".

"What we do know, is that black pajama wearing guys wearing swords were trying tah burn out Mister Sung's dry cleaner tonight before I stopped them. Now, the drug building, was in Thrones territory. Both mostly white and Irish territories".

"Coincidence ? Maybe.. April can tell yah, neither clan will think so. The blood wasn't even dry on my other shirt before Cobblepot knew what happened".

@Michale CS @york @Ringmaster
Lilly Briant (Argent Sentinel)
@Michale CS @Gands @Ringmaster

Lilly had come without the cloth on her face, she figured that would come later... For the time being, she was more focused on the mystery at hand. It seemed they either had a vigilante, or some new form of killer that preyed on other criminals. The former seemed to be the more likely option.

"Must have some beef with a gang or two around here. That or we've got some new vigilante." She said simply.

Already, Lilly was focused on assessing their options, someone like that, regardless of what incentive they had, would inevitably strike some other place. So, the key was to see if she could find any method to this madness.

"This the first case involving him?" She asked.

Whoever he, or it was... If there had been more than just that case, she might just be able to find some sort of pattern with them, perhaps narrow down if this fellow only targetted villains, and if so, which targets he seemed to prefer to hit.

Reactions: Michale CS
{{ OOC - Batman is off in Metropolis, @Raven. The Titans and the Question among others have been left to deal with Gotham for now... sorry maybe you can reword and I'll delete this and re-reply }}
OOC-sorry I fixed that little bit. Didn't see that he was somewhere else for the time being last I had looked.

Raven was slightly glad to see it appeared to be someone use to this kind of thing and remained silent as he spoke. She basically let the woman answer the questions after her husband tied to lie. She did partly feel she wasn't at the right place. By the sound of where that ambulance was headed she possible could help heal the burns at the least. However she didn't comment on this. "Well I'd be fine with watching her for the night after approving things with Batman. I'm suppose to call him later actually." She replied and looked to the woman still not darning to question if they were family in any way or if she had mixed up the address. Or even if perhaps they moved or died. "Now I believe were discussing that if possible her maybe staying the night at a woman's shelter. If that would possibly be alright?" Raven said her voice still clam while she didn't add on to there story. "Now if you wish for a confirmation on the story I did hear slightly about her seeming to just be angry and it's the truth that the wall just flew apart no flying husband. For as you pointed out he would now be part of that wall." Raven finally finished.

@Michale CS
"Naw. See, the Whitmore, it's a shelter. But for people with... differences, like you and the lady here. Run by a woman used to go by Stargirl, still does, kinda. Courtney Whitmore. Yeah, it's in Queens, but I know you, Raven, isn't it? Aszerath whatever and you can have her right in front of the Whitmore Hotel. I'll give ya the address if ya need it. Me and my partner will take care of running the paperwork on the merry men here. Get outta here before other cops show up that make me do a ton more paperwork." Harvey didn't even look back as the ambulance pulled up, and he and his partner started taking more detailed statements from the woman's soon to be ex-husband and his poker buddies.

@Raven

"Naw. See, the Whitmore, it's a shelter. But for people with... differences, like you and the lady here. Run by a woman used to go by Stargirl, still does, kinda. Courtney Whitmore. Yeah, it's in Queens, but I know you, Raven, isn't it? Aszerath whatever and you can have her right in front of the Whitmore Hotel. I'll give ya the address if ya need it. Me and my partner will take care of running the paperwork on the merry men here. Get outta here before other cops show up that make me do a ton more paperwork." Harvey didn't even look back as the ambulance pulled up, and he and his partner started taking more detailed statements from the woman's soon to be ex-husband and his poker buddies.

@Raven
Raven listened and soon nodded. "Yes an address would be a big help. Otherwise it wouldn't be right in front more. A few blocks away." She replied and she tried to think if she could remember much about that place. She felt like perhaps Nightwing had mentioned it to her and the others before. "And thank you for the help." She added not sure what else to say. Raven moved back near the woman while she waited to be told the address. "When we do go I'll warn you. Teleportation for first timers is never easy. Try an allow your mind to remain blank till we arrive and you may feel disoriented for a few moments after we arrive if that's alright." Raven said trying to explain what they were about to do and what to expect.

@Michale CS

• Thank You
Raven listened and soon nodded. "Yes an address would be a big help. Otherwise it wouldn't be right in front more. A few blocks away." She replied and she tried to think if she could remember much about that place. She felt like perhaps Nightwing had mentioned it to her and the others before. "And thank you for the help." She added not sure what else to say. Raven moved back near the woman while she waited to be told the address. "When we do go I'll warn you. Teleportation for first timers is never easy. Try an allow your mind to remain blank till we arrive and you may feel disoriented for a few moments after we arrive if that's alright." Raven said trying to explain what they were about to do and what to expect.

@Michale CS
It was Bullock's partner who gave Raven the address, on a worn card that he had in his wallet.

The Whitmore Hotel
New York - Los Angeles -Dakota City

... it read with all three addresses and an 800 number on the back.
800-WHITMORE (800)944-8667

The woman just shrugged. "I'll deal with it." She seemed... Tough. The woman was a real survivor it seemed.

@Raven

It was Bullock's partner who gave Raven the address, on a worn card that he had in his wallet.

The Whitmore Hotel
New York - Los Angeles -Dakota City

... it read with all three addresses and an 800 number on the back.
800-WHITMORE (800)944-8667

The woman just shrugged. "I'll deal with it." She seemed... Tough. The woman was a real survivor it seemed.

@Raven
Raven gave a nod. "Alright thank you." She replied after taking the card and looking at everything. Raven then placed a hand on the woman's shoulder after her comment. "Alright so were off then." She stated encase the woman needed to brace herself. To the detectives they just seemed to turn into a dark bird and vanish. For Raven and the woman things became disorienting a plane of almost complete black. They appeared to move fast and soon appeared in front of the building. Raven then let her eyes rest on teh woman to see how she might was holding up.

@Michale CS

They appeared to move fast and soon appeared in front of the building. Raven then let her eyes rest on teh woman to see how she might was holding up.
"Woo! What a rush!" Debra said, fistpumping, when they arrived at the Whitmore. "That was awesome!"

It wasn't long before Courtney herself emerged from the Whitmore to meet Raven and Debra. "Raven. It's good to see you again. And who do we have here?"

"Debra Connors, Stargirl!" She moved up and shook Stargirl's hand, and the heroine turned it into a light hug instead.

"Welcome to the Whitmore..."

...twenty minutes later...

"That is an interesting story. I hope that we can help you here at the Whitmore, and I am very sorry for what happened with your husband." Courtney pat Debra on the shoulder.

She just shrugged. This day had turned around a lot for her. She went from confused and angry in an alley to hopeful and happy in a place far away from a relationship she should have called off years ago.

"Thank you, Raven. It's times like these that remind me what The Whitmore is all about, and encourage me to continue helping those I can. You will tell Kori hello for me, and... I know it's practically against your religion, give her a hug for me too?" Stargirl continued. Being for a few years a Los Angeles based heroine, she had of course run across and worked with the Titans on occasion. She even attended a picnic that the group hosted a few years back.

@Raven

"What you are sayin makes sense tah me April. That makes it seem more personal to me too. Which may or may not be related".

"What we do know, is that black pajama wearing guys wearing swords were trying tah burn out Mister Sung's dry cleaner tonight before I stopped them. Now, the drug building, was in Thrones territory. Both mostly white and Irish territories".

"Coincidence ? Maybe.. April can tell yah, neither clan will think so. The blood wasn't even dry on my other shirt before Cobblepot knew what happened".

@Michale CS @york @Ringmaster
"Aye, it's bound to cost a lot of innocent lives, if it keeps up. But we just know this guy is in town... how do we track him down before he strikes again?"

Then, as if on cue - funny how that works out - Grady got a text.

[fieldbox="Rayleen Thorne, red, solid"]New Guy showed up at the Iceberg last night. Lights cigs with his finger, super strong, shrugged off my whammy as fast as you. Working now but you can drop by, I'll get a VIP room.[/fieldbox]

@Gands @Ringmaster @york

Joe wasn't sleeping for long, maybe an hour at the most, before the phone rang. The young man untangled himself from the blankets and answered it. "What can't wait Mr. Red? I was actually sleeping."

"Mind yourself kid. I got word on some Purple Dragons hiding out in the slums of Gotham. Far from their usual territory, so far from any help." Mr. Red said, his speed betraying excitement. "Go to 1818 Jackson Ave, and scorch them."

"Scorch the sitting Dragons, got it." Joe hung up and quickly re-dressed. He knew he was supposed to be expecting this. It had been part of his training at The Bunker. But this felt very different being out in the field doing real work.

Once dressed he was about to leave, but then saw the business card. He could have talked about it with Mr. Red earlier, but he didn't. Why? Call it youthful arrogance, but Joe had it in his mind he didn't need Mr. Red's input to chase down a lead to a big player like Cobblepot if the old man hadn't considered it first. He wasn't just the flaming muscle and a pretty face, and he was going to prove it by getting into the Penguin's operation, and bringing it down alone.

He dialed the number, but got a voice message. She must have been busy, so he left a message. "Hey it's me, the hundred miles of bad road. I considered your offer and want to take you up on it. I'll be into the Iceberg tomorrow at noon, if Mr. Cobblepot and yourself want to see how well I clean up."

That done, Joe left the no-tell hotel and grabbed a map of Gotham to guide him to the right street, sticking of course to the back alleys. He read the map by the streetlights until he came within a block of the address pretty much on the other side of Gotham from his hotel. Took some time, but he wasn't going to leave a long Hellfire trail on this mission. There was no need.

Joe slunk into the shadows of the alley, and lit it up when he transformed into Hellrunner. He stepped out of the alley, and in a flurry of fire ran down the street to his target. His work was done in mere minutes as The Dragons weren't nearly as well-armed, and the building itself just a two-story decrepit old house. Joe had left a trail a mile away from the house, powered down in a vacant lot, and walked the rest of the way back to his hotel feeling like he'd complained too much. "That was too easy."

Thirty minutes earlier, 1818 Jackson Ave

The ten Purple Dragons had been discussing their coming defection to the Foot Clan over beer and pizza. They figured the Foot had more to offer, but had requested their contact to meet them here in Gotham to avoid starting any beef with the rest of their gang. They had just started to share and mime their fantasies of being ninja, when they were interrupted by a smoke pellet being thrown in the midst of the living room. When the smoke cleared, a Foot member in full gear stood before them. He told them only five would be coming with him. The rest had to wait for pickup later. No negotiations. Five volunteered immediately, wished their fellows good luck and followed the Foot member outside to a waiting cargo van where they piled into the back.

Inside they shared the floor with a figure who sat in the fetal position, apparently weeping and hidden by the darkness of the van that was broken only occasionally by street lights. The five looked at each other, unsure what to make of him, until one nudged him and asked "The hell is wrong with you?"

The answer from the figure was inaudible, so he asked again more forcefully. The figure raised his head and said "Just a bad case of gas."

tumblr_nk4f33pD2F1tnt8s9o1_500.jpg

The five yelled in surprise just as The Joker squeezed a whoopie cushion he had in his hands, which flooded the back with a purple gas that had them all coughing on the floor while Joker laughed quietly to himself. The back was adequately sealed to prevent any of it from hitting the driver. Eventually the five stopped moving and were unconscious. The Joker nudged the one who had nudged him, said "Wasn't that a gas?" And laughed even harder in his face.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thirty minutes earlier, 1818 Jackson Ave

The ten Purple Dragons had been discussing their coming defection to the Foot Clan over beer and pizza. They figured the Foot had more to offer, but had requested their contact to meet them here in Gotham to avoid starting any beef with the rest of their gang. They had just started to share and mime their fantasies of being ninja, when they were interrupted by a smoke pellet being thrown in the midst of the living room. When the smoke cleared, a Foot member in full gear stood before them. He told them only five would be coming with him. The rest had to wait for pickup later. No negotiations. Five volunteered immediately, wished their fellows good luck and followed the Foot member outside to a waiting cargo van where they piled into the back.

Inside they shared the floor with a figure who sat in the fetal position, apparently weeping and hidden by the darkness of the van that was broken only occasionally by street lights. The five looked at each other, unsure what to make of him, until one nudged him and asked "The hell is wrong with you?"

The answer from the figure was inaudible, so he asked again more forcefully. The figure raised his head and said "Just a bad case of gas."

tumblr_nk4f33pD2F1tnt8s9o1_500.jpg

The five yelled in surprise just as The Joker squeezed a whoopie cushion he had in his hands, which flooded the back with a purple gas that had them all coughing on the floor while Joker laughed quietly to himself. The back was adequately sealed to prevent any of it from hitting the driver. Eventually the five stopped moving and were unconscious. The Joker nudged the one who had nudged him, said "Wasn't that a gas?" And laughed even harder in his face.
Thirty Five minutes earlier. 1818 Jackson Avenue.

The sound of a sudden projectile weapon, far more advanced then most was heard. Its owner, aiming for the cargo truck's engine. A plasma bolt explosive to cripple and send a little message as the sound of something heavy landed directly atop the cargo container section. Thump....Thump....Thump. There was a low growl, like that of a predator cat and then it all rocked, before the creature leaped and blasted off the doors hinges, the same weapon melting and slagging the door as it all collapsed and the person could be seen, though 'person' was a bit of a stretch. Because it was clear he was anything but human, even by the standards of mutant kind.

As tall as Bane, he shared much of the same qualities. That massive, intense stare of a predator confident in its own skin. Stripes rippled on exposed fur, muscles bulged as serrated teeth glinted in the snarl of its mouth. Eyes that had been the last sight of many a hapless hunter in the days of India's past reflected in the urban jungle as they peered into the cargo hold.

Tiger Claw had arrived and seemed confused at first.

The Foot Clan had been under strict command by the Master, to NOT make a move and to NOT draw attention. It was bad enough some wannabe ninja impersonators attacked that laundering place. Now apparently, the Purple Dragons- What branch of them were in Gotham, were now believing themselves above the Masters commands.

And someone had saved him the trouble of killing them. With a low growl, he peered into the dark, eyes far more sharper and used to the dark then anything human as he growled.

"I had come to kill myself some traitors, but I seem to have caught a rodeo clown instead."

A pity. This was going to cause more problems with the local heroes than he wanted, but there could be no evidence left behind.

b28dcdb87b5435eeb9f855cec10056ac.jpg

And so without a trace of regret, he brought up his plasma pistol and began firing within the cargo hold confines.

@Sir Kaltao

"Oooh let me guess....ManTiger?" The Joker asked moments before the large humanoid feline started firing into the cargo hold. He managed to tumble forward to avoid the plasma bolts, rolling between the massive being's legs and behind him. Coming out of the ball, he took out two canisters of the gas he had used on the Dragons, pulled the pins with his teeth, and tossed them right at Tiger Claw's head where they exploded into one large dark purple cloud that engulfed his head. Even if the concoction didn't have the same effect, Joker knew it would at least give him enough of a distraction to pull up a nearby manhole with a crowbar he always had on his person, drop in, and close it.

The sludge and filth of Gotham would provide excellent cover for Joker's scent as he made his escape. And even though his plan for the Dragons had gone awry, Joker smiled envisioning the events that would transpire. Surely, Bats and his brood would have to come back to try in vain to contain the chaos.

"Oh yes...that sweet mayhem." The Joker said, pausing in the muck to relish the idea, then resuming his trek through the sewers to prepare further for the can of worms he was unleashing.

@Ringmaster

The sludge and filth of Gotham would provide excellent cover for Joker's scent as he made his escape. And even though his plan for the Dragons had gone awry, Joker smiled envisioning the events that would transpire. Surely, Bats and his brood would have to come back to try in vain to contain the chaos.

"Oh yes...that sweet mayhem." The Joker said, pausing in the muck to relish the idea, then resuming his trek through the sewers to prepare further for the can of worms he was unleashing.
There were some things in Gotham, well, they didn't mind the sewers. Some things actually... lived there. After a few twists and turns, our Clown Prince got that feeling of being watched. Another few moments later, a voice echoed.

"You just keep going forward, psycho. For a good hundred paces. You turn left or right? You're in my domain." The fairly unmistakable voice of Killer Croc echoed down the tunnels.

Then, in a rare show of literary knowledge, he added... "...then it'll be Tick-Tock, Feed the Croc."

@Sir Kaltao

• Love
Reactions: Gands
THE JOKER

"Oh I missed you too Croc. And so glad you've taken up reading past picture books." Joker mocked as he kept moving forward, unfazed by Killer Croc as he had better things to do than deal with a reclusive reptile. "You know I hear across the river, they got turtles bigger than me! So if you ever get a hankering for turtle soup just swim on over." Joker saw a grate, and peered up to see where he was, just in time to catch the eye of a drunk dry-heaving over it. He smiled up at the drunk, waved, and said "Come on down....we got balloons galore....and they all float." The man yelped and ran away, much to Joker's amusement.

HELLRUNNER

On passing a 24/7 pawnshop just down the street from his hotel, Joe saw that his mission was once again breaking news. Something he got not just a little pride from. Others had gathered to watch, and a couple swapped theories as to what would make Ghost Rider stoop to punishing low-level bangers. Then the reporter dropped a bomb that prevented Joe from moving onto his hotel.

"Not far from this scene, only minutes before, officers were responding to another stranger scene. Pedestrians reported a cargo van being hit by some unknown weapon, waking many from a dead sleep." The anchor said over video of the wreckage. "Onlookers were aghast to see not only a large humanoid tiger pry open the cargo hold, but also to witness the appearance of a young man with a striking resemblance to the Clown Prince of Crime, a figure who has been unseen and silent for some time." This last bit earned a slew of worried chatter from bystanders. Joe just power-walked to his hotel as fast as he could without triggering his powers.

"Mission accomplished Mr. Red, but we have an issue." Joe said soon as Mr. Red answered and Joe lit a big with his hand.

"I know kid, Joker may be back in town." Red replied in such a way Joe could almost hear him rubbing his temple. "And that's way too close for him to not be involved. Damn." Red thought for a couple long, silent minutes. "And if he's back, Batman won't be gone much longer. Alright, now you try to get some sleep, I'll do the same, and tomorrow we come at this with fresh eyes. No heroics until we work this out, understood?" He asked, as if Joe had any other option.

"Right. Talk tomorrow." Joe said and hung up the phone. He sucked in the last bit of his cig, dressed down again, and literally worried himself to sleep thinking about why The Joker could be involved.​

Reactions: Gands
"Oh I missed you too Croc. And so glad you've taken up reading past picture books." Joker mocked as he kept moving forward, unfazed by Killer Croc as he had better things to do than deal with a reclusive reptile. "You know I hear across the river, they got turtles bigger than me! So if you ever get a hankering for turtle soup just swim on over."
"Naw. I got me an arrangement with someone over there. You think the sewers are rough in Gotham? Try em in the Big Apple. They're a lot worse." Then, Croc put on the most godawful Cajun accent imaginable. "I Guar-ohn-teeh."

Joker could feel eyes on him for the next little way and as he passed out of Croc's 'territory' he noticed the beast's silhouette behind him. Then, he kicked something. Something a little shiny. Peering down, it looked like a decent sized capacitor. And new-ish, for being in the sewer. Why, it was big enough to make a decent joy buzzer out of, of the special variety! But there's no way that Croc was moonlighting as an electrician... was there? No matter, onward and upward, and our green-haired trickster finally found his way up to a spot somewhere fairly near his hideaway. Where was that?

Well, that was the $64,000 question, wasn't it?

@Sir Kaltao @Ringmaster

To say that Tiger Claw was pissed was an understatement.

Secrecy had been flung out the window and he had been compromised- Only the fact his mutated state was more hardy and reacted differently to particular venom's ensured he was alive to tell the tale, though considering his masters fury that was up in the air as well. He felt nauseous, dazed...The Jokers brand of chemicals had a reputation of their own, a reputation well-earned. The Foot clan garrison in the lower undercity of Gotham approached him, but he snarled and waved them off. Rest could wait.

The Master had to know.

------

Four hours later, the Foot Clan would be gone with not a trace left behind. Save one item that the figure walking quietly would surmise.

A wakizashi wrapped in rice paper, the message clear as the figure grimaced and held it up for examination.

S25-BATMAN-home.jpg

"Looks like I came here just in time."

@C.T. @york @Gands @Michale CS @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Nomad-22 @ch0sen1 @mr_pibbs @Yuuki_Tatsunohi @Raven @Icarusleopard @thatguyinthestore @Angelic Fusion @Chewy Rabbits @Kingof192 @LuckycoolHawk9 @OrlandoBloomers @Sir Kaltao @Ms.Ezra

Reactions: Angelic Fusion
"Woo! What a rush!" Debra said, fistpumping, when they arrived at the Whitmore. "That was awesome!"

It wasn't long before Courtney herself emerged from the Whitmore to meet Raven and Debra. "Raven. It's good to see you again. And who do we have here?"

"Debra Connors, Stargirl!" She moved up and shook Stargirl's hand, and the heroine turned it into a light hug instead.

"Welcome to the Whitmore..."

...twenty minutes later...

"That is an interesting story. I hope that we can help you here at the Whitmore, and I am very sorry for what happened with your husband." Courtney pat Debra on the shoulder.

She just shrugged. This day had turned around a lot for her. She went from confused and angry in an alley to hopeful and happy in a place far away from a relationship she should have called off years ago.

"Thank you, Raven. It's times like these that remind me what The Whitmore is all about, and encourage me to continue helping those I can. You will tell Kori hello for me, and... I know it's practically against your religion, give her a hug for me too?" Stargirl continued. Being for a few years a Los Angeles based heroine, she had of course run across and worked with the Titans on occasion. She even attended a picnic that the group hosted a few years back.

@Raven
Raven was a bit shocked at the woman's reaction but didn't express it. "Well glad your not facing any of the usual effects." She commented knowing how Garfield the first time throw up afterwards. Kori had a similar reaction the this woman on the other hand.

When the lady ahead came out Raven gave a smile of reorganization. She at the moment didn't recall the name of who they would meet or place until they arrived. She soon remembered Kori mentioning something about this more than Nightwing. "Good to see you again too." She replied her monotone voice still intact. She turned to Debra. It seemed the woman chose to introduce herself.

Twenty Minutes Later....

Raven nodded. "It was to walk by as well." She replied looking toward the two. Raven then listened to Stargirl and smiled slightly. "I can give Kori the message." She replied. Raven didn't comment on slightly dreading a hug but she didn't mind letting Kori know she saw a friend of hers.

To say that Tiger Claw was pissed was an understatement.

Secrecy had been flung out the window and he had been compromised- Only the fact his mutated state was more hardy and reacted differently to particular venom's ensured he was alive to tell the tale, though considering his masters fury that was up in the air as well. He felt nauseous, dazed...The Jokers brand of chemicals had a reputation of their own, a reputation well-earned. The Foot clan garrison in the lower undercity of Gotham approached him, but he snarled and waved them off. Rest could wait.

The Master had to know.

------

Four hours later, the Foot Clan would be gone with not a trace left behind. Save one item that the figure walking quietly would surmise.

A wakizashi wrapped in rice paper, the message clear as the figure grimaced and held it up for examination.

S25-BATMAN-home.jpg

"Looks like I came here just in time."

@C.T. @york @Gands @Michale CS @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Nomad-22 @ch0sen1 @mr_pibbs @Yuuki_Tatsunohi @Raven @Icarusleopard @thatguyinthestore @Angelic Fusion @Chewy Rabbits @Kingof192 @LuckycoolHawk9 @OrlandoBloomers @Sir Kaltao @Ms.Ezra
[[ OOC Note - I am reposting this in the Body Parts Thread to get it started. ]]

Raven nodded. "It was to walk by as well." She replied looking toward the two. Raven then listened to Stargirl and smiled slightly. "I can give Kori the message." She replied. Raven didn't comment on slightly dreading a hug but she didn't mind letting Kori know she saw a friend of hers.
"Well, I hope you stay safe, Raven. I know that's hard to do in our chosen vocation but I can still hope!" Courtney waved to Raven and escorted Debra into the Whitmore.
"Come on, I had a few vacancies open up. The twins are moving out, they've got an apartment in Hub City they're moving into!"
The twins as they were called, actually came downstairs as Debra and Stargirl entered, and Courtney gave each of them a hug. "Zan, Jayna, I'm so proud of you. Please don't be strangers!"
"We won't, Courtney." Jayna said with a smile.

[[ OOC - @Raven, if you want to be involved in the event,you can head back to Gotham and start posting in the event thread, or you can stay here in NYC for now, or post stuff not related to the event back in Gotham as well. your choice. ]]

"Aye, it's bound to cost a lot of innocent lives, if it keeps up. But we just know this guy is in town... how do we track him down before he strikes again?"

Then, as if on cue - funny how that works out - Grady got a text.

[fieldbox="Rayleen Thorne, red, solid"]New Guy showed up at the Iceberg last night. Lights cigs with his finger, super strong, shrugged off my whammy as fast as you. Working now but you can drop by, I'll get a VIP room.[/fieldbox]

@Gands @Ringmaster @york
Lilly Briant (Argent Sentinel)

@Gands @Ringmaster @Michale CS

Lilly rubbed her chin, thinking about this for a few moments, whoever their "fireman" was, she doubted he walked around with his head ablaze 24/7, that would be too easy to spot. However, they might just be able to track their suspect down, if they were to intercept him during his next spree.

"Know any criminal operations going on around here?" She asked.

They might not be able to predict exactly where their guy might be, but they might at least be able to get a better idea of what place he might hit next.​

Status
Not open for further replies.