3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Urban Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Modern, Horror, Magical... pretty flexible.
latest

"Gotham City. Since everything changed, it went from being just another crime-infested pit of a city to being the capital of New Jersey - and still crime-infested. Only difference now, is some people get paid by the government to add to that infestation. Politicians. People who think that because people punched a piece of paper saying, I think you're right for this job, that gives them the right to do whatever it is they want, as long as their adoring public never finds out about it. Sometimes even after."

slums.jpg

"Not that Gotham doesn't still have it's share of trashy, slum-ridden neighborhoods. It does, even with that fancy new monorail zipping all around town like some demented theme park ride. I gotta admit though, a lot harder to dispose of a body via train 'accident' when you have to get 30 feet up in the air to do it. These are the neighborhoods that I cover. For some reason, I, and a select few other people, lucky or not, can remember how things were before. There were no Avengers, no SHIELD, no Daily Bugle or Spiderman. Or... and this is going to sound crazy, but there's these turtle guys who live in the sewers across the river. I swear, I saw one. Wearing a mask. Isn't that rich? As if a little swath of cloth across your face was going to hide you were some sort of mutant half human half turtle. People here, they need answers. Thankfully, I can answer them. Who am I? They call me..."

latest

"The Question."

[[ OOC - This will serve as the freeplay thread for Gotham City for members of the Epic Crossover clan. Interested in playing here? Join!

POST ANY AND ALL POSTS RELATED TO THE MOB WAR IN THE BODY PARTS THREAD NOT HERE ]]

Last edited:
"I have a feeling that we've got someone doing the revving. Someone new, or someone old who has fallen off the radar. I'll see what I can dig up. Meloncholy owes me a favor, and she's in good with Thorne. Maybe you or your sister can track the electronic trail. Stuff that was sent to that building that got torched had to come from somewhere." Question shrugged.

"It's not like we have a lot of leads yet. I'll do the legwork as far as priors for this guy. While this could be the first time he's shown up, I wouldn't put money on it. Anyone else you can bring in on this would help too. Maybe that G.I. Jane from last time. I ain't seen hide nor hair from our Nosferatu nor Constantine since that crap at the docks went down."

@Gands @york
" You've got a point Q "

(( For the record, it's been a couple of months since Argent and Grady went on a date. She has since been hired by Grady's company and has been training with him in hand to hand styles and tactics. ))

I pull out a phone and send Argent a text.
"" I could use your help, have had some troubles tonight, expecting more. Can you meet me at Sal's Pizza on 5th at Malvern ? ""

Then I call Nosferatu's pager that I gave him, the first time we've used that. This has also been several weeks since that exchange. I give him my number to call.

Sending April an update text.
"" Sending word to Argent and Nosferatu, will be at Sals""

@Michale CS @york @Ringmaster
Lilly Briant (Argent Sentinel)
@Michale CS @Gands@Ringmaster

It wasn't long before Grady recieved a reply, looks like Lilly was eager for a mission like this.

"On it. I'll swing by shortly." She texted back.

Despite her slightly more erratic schedule after being hired by Grady's company, Lilly was managing just fine... That and she had also been teaching him the ropes about hand to hand combat. Naturally, she didn't reveal all of her secrets, but even the basics would be good enough for one to build off of... After all, even she had built up her incredible skills from the bare bones basics, thanks to alot of improvisation on her part.​

Reactions: Michale CS
He took a table, ordered the salmon with a nice scotch on rocks, and took out a pack of cigarettes he'd bought on his walk. He put one between his lips, looked around to be sure nobody was watching, and lit it with his thumb. He did his best to smoke, lean back, and enjoy the jazz music playing to appear more sophisticated than the leather jacket and torn jeans would suggest.
A lean, pretty set of fingertips moved over and put out his cigarette. "Sorry, hun. Even Gotham's got no smoking laws inside. Cobblepot himself wouldn't mind, but that's why we got the lanai..." She crooked a finger and started walking out toward the patio, expecting him to follow.

@Sir Kaltao

A lean, pretty set of fingertips moved over and put out his cigarette. "Sorry, hun. Even Gotham's got no smoking laws inside. Cobblepot himself wouldn't mind, but that's why we got the lanai..." She crooked a finger and started walking out toward the patio, expecting him to follow.

@Sir Kaltao
Joe watched her go, letting the cig dangle for a moment until he came to his sense. He thought Maybe standing out just landed me a bed for the night. Play it right, I might not have to rent a bug nest to sleep in tonight.

He stood up just in time for the waitress to come back with his scotch. "I'll be out on the patio." He told her and walked after the leggy blonde with a swagger to his steps.

"Name's Joe and I'm not from around here, so I'm sorry I don't know the name of what has to be a local goddess, sent to protect weary travelers like myself." He smiled as he joined her on the patio with the cig between the fingers holding his scotch.

Sending April an update text.
"" Sending word to Argent and Nosferatu, will be at Sals""
Hmm...

Work would have to wait. And with that, he grabbed his costume and slunk out of his lair.

Time to see what was going on.
"On it. I'll swing by shortly." She texted back.

Despite her slightly more erratic schedule after being hired by Grady's company, Lilly was managing just fine... That and she had also been teaching him the ropes about hand to hand combat. Naturally, she didn't reveal all of her secrets, but even the basics would be good enough for one to build off of... After all, even she had built up her incredible skills from the bare bones basics, thanks to alot of improvisation on her part.
It wasn't long before all of them were face to face again, plus one. April, or as she liked to be referred to now, Doll.
"I wish I still had a sense of smell. Though I can't eat, I could at least appreciate the smell of baked goods, good pizza, and coffee. But on the plus side, I don't have to bear through smelling people who might have just crawled out of the sewers." Her gaze flicked to Nosferatu for a moment.

"Trust me, you're not missing out. It's not that bad." Question responded. "So..." He recounted to Argent, Nosferatu, and Doll what exactly he'd come across and what he'd been able to learn from the thug.

"That's what we got. Ideas?"

@Gands @york @Ringmaster

"Name's Joe and I'm not from around here, so I'm sorry I don't know the name of what has to be a local goddess, sent to protect weary travelers like myself." He smiled as he joined her on the patio with the cig between the fingers holding his scotch.
"Not a goddess, but definitely a Queen." She pointed to a framed picture on the wall with the title Employee of the Month below it.
Rayleen Thorne "Queen of Hearts"
queenofhearts.jpg
"Not to make a fashion statement but you look like five miles of bad road, Joe. You need to dress up in more than president's portraits the next time you come in, if you follow." She sat across from him and waved at a waitress, who immediately knew to bring her a Cosmopolitian. "What brings you into the Iceberg Lounge tonight?"

Of course she had been sent by Cobblepot to feel the guy out. Ratty clothes, rough around the edges, tossing money around? The questions of who or what he was, and who he was working for immediately popped up..

And that's what Rayleen was there to find out.

@Sir Kaltao

It wasn't long before all of them were face to face again, plus one. April, or as she liked to be referred to now, Doll.
"I wish I still had a sense of smell. Though I can't eat, I could at least appreciate the smell of baked goods, good pizza, and coffee. But on the plus side, I don't have to bear through smelling people who might have just crawled out of the sewers." Her gaze flicked to Nosferatu for a moment.
"What a goddamn shame."

He said lightly, taking a sip of what smelled like Irish stew, picked up before he came. The rich smell wafting across the table and filling the air. Considering where he got it, little surprise. The owner was a nice enough guy and a natural born Irish as well. This was the genuine article and well worth showing up for in person.

Even if he did need to place the mask up a bit to do so.
"So..." He recounted to Argent, Nosferatu, and Doll what exactly he'd come across and what he'd been able to learn from the thug.

"That's what we got. Ideas?"
"Yeah. Why are we getting involved? Seems to me we've got someone with a sense of civic duty. If he wants to waste criminals, he can have em as far as I'm concerned."

He said flatly.

@Gands @york @Michale CS

"Well, my Queen, I've been walking and running many a mile from National City to Gotham, looking for nothing in particular besides adventure. While this city has offered it in spades, I came here because I like the jazz, and the fish I could smell wafting into the street." He said taking on a quiet Shakespearean theatricality to his speech, had a drink of his scotch, and continued "And if you're curious how I can afford this while dressing so drab;I do a lot of odd jobs here and there, off the books because what I earn should be mine. And I don't need for much so I don't want for much."

"Here you are, sir." The waitress brought his dinner and Joe's eyes lit up as he inhaled the smell. "Would you like me to light that for you?" She asked and Joe gave her an appreciative nod as she lit his cigarette. While he had been tempted to light it himself again, Mr. Red's words kept him from showing off. Besides. This one looked like the one that was hard to impress.

@Michale CS

Last edited by a moderator:
I nod to Nos as he comes in, sitting still as question updates him.

""The problem is this, largely it normally wouldn't bother me but for potential collateral damage. At this time we are on the edge of a gang war. The bigger it gets the more likely innocent people get hurt".

Grady looked at the other mask, hoping to reach whatever was left of his humanity.

@Michale CS @Ringmaster @york

I nod to Nos as he comes in, sitting still as question updates him.

""The problem is this, largely it normally wouldn't bother me but for potential collateral damage. At this time we are on the edge of a gang war. The bigger it gets the more likely innocent people get hurt".

Grady looked at the other mask, hoping to reach whatever was left of his humanity.
Did he look like Batman?

That said, the mention of a Gang War did catch his interest.

"Between who? And you believe this hothead is working for one of them?"

@Gands @york @Michale CS

"I don't think so, but I could be wrong. I caught guys in pajamas with swords trying to burn out a dry cleaner tonight. Normally, the local Asian community, or gang, is very territorial. I believe I confirmed something is up visiting the iceberg lounge just now".

"Doesn't make sense that this fire demon guy is associated with that. Not to me anyhow. This guy just needs to not escalate this any further. I would like to head him off at his next target".

"Here you are, sir." The waitress brought his dinner and Joe's eyes lit up as he inhaled the smell. "Would you like me to light that for you?" She asked and Joe gave her an appreciative nod as she lit his cigarette. While he had been tempted to light it himself again, Mr. Red's words kept him from showing off. Besides. This one looked like the one that was hard to impress.
"Oh, so you've got some class under that layer of road grime. Shouldn't be too hard to get that to show the next time you visit. And speaking of odd jobs... exactly how odd would those be? Because I think my current employer is in the market for a couple of... mechanics, if you follow." Rayleen ran her fingertip across the back of Joe's hand, and possession by a demon or no, he was in human form at the moment and that natural attraction he was feeling got punched in the gut as every little pheromone that could be triggered was, at the same time. It certainly improved his mood, that was for sure.

@Sir Kaltao

"I don't think so, but I could be wrong. I caught guys in pajamas with swords trying to burn out a dry cleaner tonight. Normally, the local Asian community, or gang, is very territorial. I believe I confirmed something is up visiting the iceberg lounge just now".

"Doesn't make sense that this fire demon guy is associated with that. Not to me anyhow. This guy just needs to not escalate this any further. I would like to head him off at his next target".
"I dunnae, Grady. That's an awfully specific target he hit. It hits production at its source. It'd almost take someone on the inside ta know that building was even anything. I pulled up Google pics of it before it's burnin' an it just looks like a hotel from in front. Mebbe he ain't under the direct pay of anyone, but if he weren't - he wouldna have known that were a place like it was. Weren't even no drugs on site t' hear Question tell it. Course it could be jes a guy wi' a mad on fer druggies. If I knew some fella what turns into a hellbent demon and I was with the competition, I wouldn't send him at the end point, neither. This hurts them more than bustin a dozen pushers on the street would. If he ain't working for someone, he been given good information by someone who do."

"I thought it was my job to find conspiracies everywhere, Doll? You're getting close to stealing my thunder, and you're better looking. I'd be out of a job if you did that all the time."

@Ringmaster @Gands @york

Raven gave a simple sigh. "Alright we can wait and I'll let you do what you wish." She replied not seeing a point to argue with the woman grandmother or not. She pulled out her communicator and brought up Nightwing. "Hey let the Bat know I may be a bit late ran into something unexpected I need to deal with." She said to Dicky once his masked face appeared. "Alright Rae" He replied and the connection cut off. She sighed and waited for the cops to show up.

@Michale CS
Actually, one of the cops was someone used to dealing with the metas... and maybe not so fortunately, someone who wasn't impressed by them in the least.
They took him off the street, had him shuffling papers. He used some pull to get back in the field.
Did great in the field and got promoted again.
Which put him behind a desk.
So, he worked with a few friends and got a special task force set up like the Metropolis guys did.
Which... gave you Lead Detective Harvey Bullock and his partner who wisely decided to stay in the car.
"So, You're here... miss Titan. We got hurt guys - ambulance is on the way by the way - and we got a lady who's missing her right sleeve and has scorch marks around her shoulder. Just give me the straight story so I can get this done with a minimum of paperwork?"

"She punched me! And I flew clean through the wall!" The husband started.
"Don't lie. Broad hits a normal guy that hard - you are a normal guy right?" after getting a quick nod he continued. "You would be part of the wall, not bashed through it. Ma'am?" Harvey changed his focus to the woman.
"I was so mad, he kept treating me like a thing, I got mad and punched the wall. I didn't expect it to... do that!"
"See that? Not so hard telling the truth is it? Listen... Raven, isn't it? We got a special form in my task force that lets us remand custody of newly emerged paranormals to those with proper credentials. Given that you and your whole team got nods from Bats, and by extension the Commissioner, I'm allowed to place this woman, after we've asked all of the questions the brass will want answered that is, into your custody. To ensure she don't go into the home demolition business without a licence, eh? So, am I taking her downtown and calling the Whitmore way over in Queens across the bay, or you're takin care of her tonight. What's it gonna be?"

@Raven

"I dunnae, Grady. That's an awfully specific target he hit. It hits production at its source. It'd almost take someone on the inside ta know that building was even anything. I pulled up Google pics of it before it's burnin' an it just looks like a hotel from in front. Mebbe he ain't under the direct pay of anyone, but if he weren't - he wouldna have known that were a place like it was. Weren't even no drugs on site t' hear Question tell it. Course it could be jes a guy wi' a mad on fer druggies. If I knew some fella what turns into a hellbent demon and I was with the competition, I wouldn't send him at the end point, neither. This hurts them more than bustin a dozen pushers on the street would. If he ain't working for someone, he been given good information by someone who do."

"I thought it was my job to find conspiracies everywhere, Doll? You're getting close to stealing my thunder, and you're better looking. I'd be out of a job if you did that all the time."

@Ringmaster @Gands @york
"Hmmph. Well, whatever. I'm under obligation and don't have much of a stake otherwise...But if I am going to do this, I want to know. Which gangs got hit and which ones are sharpening knives for war?"

Nosferatu asked.

@Gands @york @Michale CS

"Oh, so you've got some class under that layer of road grime. Shouldn't be too hard to get that to show the next time you visit. And speaking of odd jobs... exactly how odd would those be? Because I think my current employer is in the market for a couple of... mechanics, if you follow." Rayleen ran her fingertip across the back of Joe's hand, and possession by a demon or no, he was in human form at the moment and that natural attraction he was feeling got punched in the gut as every little pheromone that could be triggered was, at the same time. It certainly improved his mood, that was for sure.

@Sir Kaltao
"How...odd? Well..." He struggled a little bit against her powers of persuasion, as the demonic presence within him granted some resistance even when he wasn't 'Full Flame' as he called it. But he couldn't resist giving her some answer. "..leaky hulls or loose lips to keep a ship from sinking, tech support so long as it involves breaking said tech, just nothing below the waist." He said, throwing in a half joke at the end before he took the first delectable bite of his salmon.

"Does your boss sample everything? Because he has some really good taste." He winked at her.

@Michale CS

Actually, one of the cops was someone used to dealing with the metas... and maybe not so fortunately, someone who wasn't impressed by them in the least.
They took him off the street, had him shuffling papers. He used some pull to get back in the field.
Did great in the field and got promoted again.
Which put him behind a desk.
So, he worked with a few friends and got a special task force set up like the Metropolis guys did.
Which... gave you Lead Detective Harvey Bullock and his partner who wisely decided to stay in the car.
"So, You're here... miss Titan. We got hurt guys - ambulance is on the way by the way - and we got a lady who's missing her right sleeve and has scorch marks around her shoulder. Just give me the straight story so I can get this done with a minimum of paperwork?"

"She punched me! And I flew clean through the wall!" The husband started.
"Don't lie. Broad hits a normal guy that hard - you are a normal guy right?" after getting a quick nod he continued. "You would be part of the wall, not bashed through it. Ma'am?" Harvey changed his focus to the woman.
"I was so mad, he kept treating me like a thing, I got mad and punched the wall. I didn't expect it to... do that!"
"See that? Not so hard telling the truth is it? Listen... Raven, isn't it? We got a special form in my task force that lets us remand custody of newly emerged paranormals to those with proper credentials. Given that you and your whole team got nods from Bats, and by extension the Commissioner, I'm allowed to place this woman, after we've asked all of the questions the brass will want answered that is, into your custody. To ensure she don't go into the home demolition business without a licence, eh? So, am I taking her downtown and calling the Whitmore way over in Queens across the bay, or you're takin care of her tonight. What's it gonna be?"

@Raven
Raven was slightly glad to see it appeared to be someone use to this kind of thing and remained silent as he spoke. She basically let the woman answer the questions after her husband tied to lie. She did partly feel she wasn't at the right place. By the sound of where that ambulance was headed she possible could help heal the burns at the least. However she didn't comment on this. "Well I'd be fine with watching her for the night after approving things with Batman. I'm suppose to call him later actually." She replied and looked to the woman still not darning to question if they were family in any way or if she had mixed up the address. Or even if perhaps they moved or died. "Now I believe were discussing that if possible her maybe staying the night at a woman's shelter. If that would possibly be alright?" Raven said her voice still clam while she didn't add on to there story. "Now if you wish for a confirmation on the story I did hear slightly about her seeming to just be angry and it's the truth that the wall just flew apart no flying husband. For as you pointed out he would now be part of that wall." Raven finally finished.

@Michale CS

Last edited by a moderator:
"What you are sayin makes sense tah me April. That makes it seem more personal to me too. Which may or may not be related".

"What we do know, is that black pajama wearing guys wearing swords were trying tah burn out Mister Sung's dry cleaner tonight before I stopped them. Now, the drug building, was in Thrones territory. Both mostly white and Irish territories".

"Coincidence ? Maybe.. April can tell yah, neither clan will think so. The blood wasn't even dry on my other shirt before Cobblepot knew what happened".

@Michale CS @york @Ringmaster

"Does your boss sample everything? Because he has some really good taste." He winked at her.
"Not... everything." she said, gesturing vaguely at herself. "He's a bit too much of a father figure in my mind. But as far as food, that would be a good bet."

"Well... we've got... a malfunctioning kitchen appliance that could use a few taps to get it working properly. One of a kind model. Kind of like me. If you're interested... I could put in a good word. Provided you can... put on a professional presence for Mister Cobblepot?"

She leaned in and squeezed his hand. Hard. Hard enough to where it would break a normal man's fingers, and enough to where he actually felt it, enhanced strength or no. Her face lit up when he barely noticed. "Oh yes, you have a mechanic's hands..."

@Sir Kaltao

She leaned in and squeezed his hand. Hard. Hard enough to where it would break a normal man's fingers, and enough to where he actually felt it, enhanced strength or no. Her face lit up when he barely noticed. "Oh yes, you have a mechanic's hands..."

@Sir Kaltao
If it weren't for his abilities, and hers influencing him, Joe would have been unsettled by her small display of her strength.

Instead he smiled back at her, squeezed it back with equal force, and brought it to his lips for a kiss. "Mechanic's hands and a lover's lips, My Queen." He kissed her hand and relinquished it. Regeneration hadn't stopped him from feeling the pain, but it healed the resulting bruise quickly.. Mr. Red would have disapproved, but he wasn't here to object.

"Professional presence?" He asked, dropping the dramatic voice and reeling his tone in to be more reserved while also straightening his back, taking a small delicate bite of his meal with an equally conservative sip of scotch. He tapped the ashes of his cig into the ashtray and had a light drag. "Will this demeanor do, or should I take a night to clean up and get a proper suit? Either way I think I should regardless. This salmon and yourself are worth dressing up."

Instead he smiled back at her, squeezed it back with equal force, and brought it to his lips for a kiss. "Mechanic's hands and a lover's lips, My Queen." He kissed her hand and relinquished it. Regeneration hadn't stopped him from feeling the pain, but it healed the resulting bruise quickly.. Mr. Red would have disapproved, but he wasn't here to object.
The squeeze did cause a slight bruise but it had disappeared by the time he'd raised her hand.

"Professional presence?" He asked, dropping the dramatic voice and reeling his tone in to be more reserved while also straightening his back, taking a small delicate bite of his meal with an equally conservative sip of scotch. He tapped the ashes of his cig into the ashtray and had a light drag. "Will this demeanor do, or should I take a night to clean up and get a proper suit? Either way I think I should regardless. This salmon and yourself are worth dressing up."
"Proper suit. Even if he does hire you dressed as you are, you'll fetch a nicer wage all dressed up. Besides, I bet you clean up well, and I can't wait to see you that way, personally." She slipped him a card. "Call me. I'm actually... working right now. The... hostess for... special guests and I just heard one come in..."

Inside...
"I'm sorry but Mr. Cobblepot is very strict about the no face coverings policy, except on masquerade night."
"¡Cabeza de mierda! Make this a masquerade night then!

Rayleen dashed out and caught up to the hulk of a man, brushing her hand across the back of one of his. "Sir, while we value your right to privacy, the Iceberg Lounge does have to put out a specific atmosphere... perhaps you'd like it if I escorted you to one of our VIP Lounges? So you can enjoy your evening without distractions? No extra charge."

"This is... acceptable... mi mujer muy bonita..." It should be obvious to anyone who knew him by now that this was Bane, being escorted back into to a VIP room.

@Sir Kaltao @ whomever wants to be at the Iceberg Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.