3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Urban Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Modern, Horror, Magical... pretty flexible.
latest

"Gotham City. Since everything changed, it went from being just another crime-infested pit of a city to being the capital of New Jersey - and still crime-infested. Only difference now, is some people get paid by the government to add to that infestation. Politicians. People who think that because people punched a piece of paper saying, I think you're right for this job, that gives them the right to do whatever it is they want, as long as their adoring public never finds out about it. Sometimes even after."

slums.jpg

"Not that Gotham doesn't still have it's share of trashy, slum-ridden neighborhoods. It does, even with that fancy new monorail zipping all around town like some demented theme park ride. I gotta admit though, a lot harder to dispose of a body via train 'accident' when you have to get 30 feet up in the air to do it. These are the neighborhoods that I cover. For some reason, I, and a select few other people, lucky or not, can remember how things were before. There were no Avengers, no SHIELD, no Daily Bugle or Spiderman. Or... and this is going to sound crazy, but there's these turtle guys who live in the sewers across the river. I swear, I saw one. Wearing a mask. Isn't that rich? As if a little swath of cloth across your face was going to hide you were some sort of mutant half human half turtle. People here, they need answers. Thankfully, I can answer them. Who am I? They call me..."

latest

"The Question."

[[ OOC - This will serve as the freeplay thread for Gotham City for members of the Epic Crossover clan. Interested in playing here? Join!

POST ANY AND ALL POSTS RELATED TO THE MOB WAR IN THE BODY PARTS THREAD NOT HERE ]]

Last edited:
I have quite a collection of DVD's. Have you seen Casablanca ?

I go back into the kitchen and get a couple of premade plates of desert. Candy crackers, chocolate, melted butter and sugar, chilled to perfection.

Do you drink Milk ?

I have quite a collection of DVD's. Have you seen Casablanca ?

I go back into the kitchen and get a couple of premade plates of desert. Candy crackers, chocolate, melted butter and sugar, chilled to perfection.

Do you drink Milk ?
Lilly Briant (Argent Sentinel)
@Gands

Lilly paused... She remembered little bits and pieces from watching T.V. while her father was knocked out; she could barely understand much of it at her young age, but it did seem interesting enough to properly watch at some point. Maybe, this was her chance?

"... Meaning to." She said, smiling a little.

Looks like she wasn't particularly picky, but... Perked up a little at the sight of food, well, specifically food that differred from her more... Simple dishes she had at home. Grady's inquiry, if she drank milk seemed a bit silly, but at the same time... She didn't exactly drop by someone's house like this so often, so maybe this was a standard thing?

"Of course. Just not soy." She said, though it was hard to tell if she was being serious, given her non-challant tone.

Well, to be fair, she didn't exactly have a fondness of soy milk, at least when she was younger anyways. She hardly felt the need to get anything exotic, so as of recently, soy milk in particular just wasn't on her list of priorities when it came to things to buy.

Milk it is then Lilly !

I return with a pitcher of milk and a couple of glasses to accompany our cracker candy. Lets go into the TV room please !

We head into the TV room, with a state of the art curved television waiting for us. I put in the DVD for Casablanca.

Lilly isn't very talkative, but I remain convinced there is some spark in there yet undiscovered.
I break up the cracker candy, putting some in a bowl for her and then for myself as the movie starts up.

@Gands

As the movie began to play out, Lilly already seemed to be drawn into the whole thing, but that sure didn't stop her from reaching for the bowl multiple times. It was pretty clear that she hadn't had alot of sweets in the current days, yet another thing that had simply slipped her mind over the course of time.

Sooner or later, it seemed that she had, actually loosened up a little, having even moved a little closer to Grady by now, something she barely registered. She hadn't felt the inclination to talk just yet, but it would appear that her body language alone was making it rather clear that she was... Actually enjoying herself here.

Looks like the company had definitely caused her to drop her guard for the first time since she could remember, in the presense of another. Though she wasn't exactly bursting with words, she seemed like she would be a bit more talkative now, or at least, would part with more than just a small sentence.​

I am aware as she starts to relax. This in turn helps me relax. I feel like I'm in High School. I carefully slide an arm around Lilly. I slowly bring one of the bowls closer so it's in our laps. A tiny part of my mind reminds me she could still be dangerous... Indeed the majority of my mind says... She is indeed very dangerous, but she's not out to get me.

We watch the classic movie, physically getting to become familiar with each other. I am wearing just a little bit of cologne, not surprisingly, my dad's brand but more recently purchased. I sneak a longer admiring look as she watches the movie. She doesn't adorn herself much. I find that oddly attractive.

I am aware as she starts to relax. This in turn helps me relax. I feel like I'm in High School. I carefully slide an arm around Lilly. I slowly bring one of the bowls closer so it's in our laps. A tiny part of my mind reminds me she could still be dangerous... Indeed the majority of my mind says... She is indeed very dangerous, but she's not out to get me.

We watch the classic movie, physically getting to become familiar with each other. I am wearing just a little bit of cologne, not surprisingly, my dad's brand but more recently purchased. I sneak a longer admiring look as she watches the movie. She doesn't adorn herself much. I find that oddly attractive.
@Gands

The usual sense of danger, and threatening demeanor Lilly might have displayed seems to have... Faded a little by the time Grady managed to wrap an arm around her. She didn't seem to be too concerned that one of the bowls was practically in their laps at that point; all the more convenient for her, really. Perhaps they weren't having some fancy dinner in a swanky restaurant, or watching some new movie in a cushy theater, but even so... It looked like Lilly was enjoying the date just fine, since this still was a good step up from her own daily activites, outside of her... Hobbies anyways.

Perhaps she wasn't completely sure what these motions completely indicated, but she didn't object to them at all. It seemed that she had her eyes glued to the T.V. screen the whole time, but looks could indeed be very deceiving, especially with her. He could swear he saw her eyes shift towards him a little, but she hadn't turned her head even an inch, and every time he looked towards her, it seemed that her eyes were on the screen, and nowhere else.

Last edited:
As the movie ends...

I lean over and kiss your cheek.

Thank you Lilly

I am smiling and relaxed, perhaps even moreso than at the start of this.

I had a thought, you can drive us to your place if you'd like. I'd like to see how well you handle a vehicle, you know... for the job ?

For my own part, I am relaxed around this woman, comfortable. I am certain she has a hard sexy body by the way, but that part will have to wait. This will take some work unravelling this onion.

As the movie ends...

I lean over and kiss your cheek.

Thank you Lilly

I am smiling and relaxed, perhaps even moreso than at the start of this.

I had a thought, you can drive us to your place if you'd like. I'd like to see how well you handle a vehicle, you know... for the job ?

For my own part, I am relaxed around this woman, comfortable. I am certain she has a hard sexy body by the way, but that part will have to wait. This will take some work unravelling this onion.
@Gands

Lilly managed a more noticeable smile this time... It was apparent that she too, was, oddly happy about how things had turned out. Perhaps underneath her tough exterior, she still had some humanity left in her after all? Grady's inquiry about driving to her place didn't take much consideration at all; she had a license after all, and some experience.

"Sure, I can drive." She said, almost slyly.

Well, she was pretty dang confident in her ability to drive, but her slyness was a bit... Disconcerting? Oh well, only one way to find out what exactly she had up her sleeve, if it was anything at all.

We head out, you driving my truck and me watching you drive without any error .

I'd like to do this again Lilly. I hope you do.

We will need to talk about employment. Are you confident you can handle security system installation ?

I am relaxed as you answer. I am certain you can at any rate.

Lets not forget too, I was hoping to spar with you, training really.
Now if anything along the way makes you uncomfortable, please let me know.

@york

We head out, you driving my truck and me watching you drive without any error .

I'd like to do this again Lilly. I hope you do.

We will need to talk about employment. Are you confident you can handle security system installation ?

I am relaxed as you answer. I am certain you can at any rate.

Lets not forget too, I was hoping to spar with you, training really.
Now if anything along the way makes you uncomfortable, please let me know.

@york
Lilly Briant (Argent SEntinel)
@Gands

Lilly drove without error, sure... But yeesh, she was quite wild at the wheel, following the traffic laws, but just barely. Apparently she was quite the thrillseeker, and might just make a good getaway driver in a situation where they needed one anyways.

"I would... It's a good break from the old routine, and... Yes, I think I can handle security. I just... Can't program it or anything." She said.

The last part of her sentence sort of trailed off a little. Lilly knew how to disable technology, and well, knew the likely locations where say, a camera or a security system could be installed or found. However, while she was familiar with the hardware, she wasn't so familiar with the software; her version of "hacking" would mostly be either severing the wires of a security system, or, the simpler option of putting a few bullets straight through it.

The talk about sparring seemed to perk her up though, looks like she had alot more knowledge in the fighting department.

"Sure. If you got a time, I got a place." She said, then she paused a little, as if considering something else.

"I'm usually free on weekends." She added, smiling a little.​

restaurantbar_phoenix_garden_1_932182705.jpg

The Phoenix Garden, an exclusive Chinese Restaurant in the Diamond District​

"Thank you for meeting me my dear. I am quite grateful for your appearance tonight." Cobblepot spoke as he sat across from the young woman.

"Oh, how could I refuse such an invitation, Mister Cobblepot?" She replied.
side-parted-shoulder-length-hairstyles.jpg

"You're too kind, too kind. But I won't beat around the bush here. I was... intrigued by how you captured my attention so completely some time ago, and was wondering... does your uncle know of this development, and has he offered to put that newfound gift of yours to good use?" Oswald asked.

"Yes, but no. He has... someone. And he doesn't want me involved in the family business. No matter how capable I've become." Rayleen Thorne replied, sighing.

"Oh dear, dear, dear. The proverbial glass ceiling. Raised by your own family, no less. Surely you've entertained other offers, yes?"

"I honestly wouldn't know where to begin."

"Ah. Well then... you're in luck. Because, my Queen of Hearts, I do. Oh most surely... I do."

At that point, both of them smiled, and raised a glass in toast.
th

Last edited:
That's great Lilly, I will give you a call next Saturday for sure.

As for the employment, give me a few days for the background company to clear you.
We'll start you training first with hardware. Its my specialty and I take a lot of effort to keep up with everything the tech companies put out.

Software and computer stuff, well, it's harder and takes a lot more effort to teach and learn.

I'm very pleased at how this is working out so far. I sure hope nothing bad comes up with the background being ran.

When they come to the final stop and both get out. I take Lilly's hand to walk her to the door. @york

That's great Lilly, I will give you a call next Saturday for sure.

As for the employment, give me a few days for the background company to clear you.
We'll start you training first with hardware. Its my specialty and I take a lot of effort to keep up with everything the tech companies put out.

Software and computer stuff, well, it's harder and takes a lot more effort to teach and learn.

I'm very pleased at how this is working out so far. I sure hope nothing bad comes up with the background being ran.

When they come to the final stop and both get out. I take Lilly's hand to walk her to the door. @york
@Gands

Lilly nodded... She didn't seem to be too concerned about the whole deal with the background check; the records behind her name simply mentioned that she was an orphaned girl, who was given a second chance to live a life, one that had taken an interest in military weapons.

While the whole software thing did bother her a little, she figured she could learn that at a later date; it just was never her forte. Lilly had a strong grip, but she barely seemed to exercise her strength at all when Grady had taken her hand. It took them a little while to make their way up the building's steps, as it wasn't quite at an high enough end for levels high enough to warrant elevators. Arriving at her door, she used her free hand to fish out a keychain from her pocket, and unlock her door, letting go of Grady's hand slowly.

"Guess this is where we say goodbye. I'll be waiting for that call." She said.

Well, Lilly looked almost hesitant for a moment, before she left Grady's side at last, standing at her doorway.

As they parted ways, Grady might just be able to catch her giving him a small salute, perhaps some old habbits really do die hart.

I am coming home from a job when I see a group of guys breaking into a shop not far from my house. It is in Big Patrick's territory and I know, those aren't his guys.

I park around the corner and do my best sneaky quiet jog. I catch the first guy standing guard. I'm lucky, he's looking the other way when I rush him. He crumples, probably ribs broken. These guys are Asian, as is the poor owner of this dry cleaners.
I'm caught off my guard when guy number two sticks his sword all the way through me, hurts like a son of a bitch. I hit him so hard his neck snaps and he crumples. I am completely pissed off. I pull the sword out. Eerily, there has been next to no noise through this whole affair. I advance on the last guy, who was busying himself pouring gasoline in the shop

He swings his sword at me, I remember I had my cane, I block, he swings, I block I grab him with my off hand and slam him to the ground. He is breathless. I tie him up and shove something in his mouth.

Patrick, yeah, it's me Grady. I caught some Asian guys trying to burn out Mister Pang's dry cleaners. Yeah, it will need to be cleaned up a bit. Two of them are alive, I accidently killed one of them, pissed me off, stuck a sword through me.
Yeah, I'll wait till Seamus gets here.

Reactions: Michale CS
I send a text to April.

Hey there, saw some young Asian guys in pajamas tonight. Not a good sign. We should talk and make plans okay ?

I will be home in thirty minutes or so.

Hugs

Grady

@Michale CS

I send a text to April.

Hey there, saw some young Asian guys in pajamas tonight. Not a good sign. We should talk and make plans okay ?

I will be home in thirty minutes or so.

Hugs

Grady

@Michale CS
Having to use text to speech because it's too cold in here for my fingers to register on the touch screen. What kind of plans, anyway?

@Gands

(phone) Hey April, sorry bout the text. Yeah, some asians just tried to burn out mister Pangs dry cleaners, but I stopped them. That's what I wanna talk about.

(phone) Hey April, sorry bout the text. Yeah, some asians just tried to burn out mister Pangs dry cleaners, but I stopped them. That's what I wanna talk about.
"I know I'm made of ceramic but you don't have ta confess ta me like I'm the statue of Mary, ya know. Why would ya- Ah. Yer wantin' my help. Well ya know I'm good for it, Grady. Though once people gets a good look at me I ain't the kinda girl people feel at home talkin ta for that long." April replied, with her accent in full force. It was becoming more pronounced lately, and on purpose. She'd told Grady not long go that it was the one thing about her that she could change other than her hair style and by God she was going to do it.

@Gands

I'm not confessing yah crazy woman.I thought yah might want tah know what's goin on. Listen, I need tah talk tactics is all.

Do yah know where that nameless bar is over by fourth street is ?

I'm not confessing yah crazy woman.I thought yah might want tah know what's goin on. Listen, I need tah talk tactics is all.

Do yah know where that nameless bar is over by fourth street is ?
"Yeah, I know it. Even been there once. Before..." She started then paused. "...yeah, I'll meet ya there." April ended the call then.

April, you gotta get past being mad about what you are now. You're alive, and what's more you're able to stand up and make a difference now. She gave herself an internal pep talk.

April closed the web browser where she'd been doing detailed research on ceramics and high impact materials. She wanted to know just how indestructible she was...

After a long sigh, she went down to get her car and drove to the Bar With No Name.

@Gands

Status
Not open for further replies.