1. 1-3 posts per day
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
sci fi, modern magical, horror
Gotham City. Since everything changed, it went from being just another crime-infested pit of a city to being the capital of New Jersey - and still crime-infested. Only difference now, is some people get paid by the government to add to that infestation. Politicians. People who think that because people punched a piece of paper saying, I think you're right for this job, that gives them the right to do whatever it is they want, as long as their adoring public never finds out about it. Sometimes even after."

1540537496250.png

"Not that Gotham doesn't still have it's share of trashy, slum-ridden neighborhoods. It does, even with that fancy new monorail zipping all around town like some demented theme park ride. I gotta admit though, a lot harder to dispose of a body via train 'accident' when you have to get 30 feet up in the air to do it. These are the neighborhoods that I cover. For some reason, I, and a select few other people, lucky or not, can remember how things were before. There were no Avengers, no SHIELD, no Daily Bugle or Spiderman. Or... and this is going to sound crazy, but there's these turtle guys who live in the sewers across the river. I swear, I saw one. Wearing a mask. Isn't that rich? As if a little swath of cloth across your face was going to hide you were some sort of mutant half human half turtle. People here, they need answers. Thankfully, I can answer them. Who am I? They call me...

1540537583221.png

"The Question"

Current Dramatis Personae
Lt. Harvey Bullock GCPD meta human coordinator
Harley Quinn
Lincoln Campbell aka Sparky
Karen aka Voyd
Virgil aka Static
Stephanie Brown aka Heron

Grady Murtaugh aka Corvus

[FONT=Caveat, cursive]This role-play is part of the Epic Crossover story line series. [/FONT]

CHARACTER INDEX Epic Crossover - Character Index

Interested ? contact me via PM

Attachments

• 1540534562829.png
    1540534562829.png
    445.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Nicola gives a slight sigh of resignation and then the cultured accent of The Lady speaks

"It seems to be a phenomenon with the criminal set, particularly those that perceive themselves as masterminds, orchestrators, or puppet-masters that they enjoy surrounding themselves with expensive finery, both in their lifestyle comforts and in their criminal tools, technology, and facilities. As such I would advise tracking patterns of recent lavish and exotic purchases in housing, private construction, and technology. It is likely that any points of intersection therein will lead us closer to our quarry."

Grady aka Corvus

He turns to all the others,

"Well, that means we have a few things to go on then. I will take Miss Karen and talk to my street contacts and try to shake loose a little info. Sparky, check with your contacts through the clinic, you get a lot of homeless through there, perhaps one of them spotted something odd. Harley, follow up on that, it is a good observation and might lead to something. Stephanie, would you be so kind as to take Virgil, since your contacts are.. different than mine, and see what the two of you can shake loose ? Report anything you find to Harvey, he will co-ordinate. That sound okay ?

@Michale CS @Drixe @Sonevar @BrokenWings @LuckycoolHawk9

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Michale CS
Lincoln Campbell/Sparkplug

Lincoln offered a wide grin back to Grady, happy that he had a solo mission. He preferred to talk to the people in the clinic and the immediate area near it alone and as much as he loved team work, he actually preferred being able to gather his information and then reporting it back to a higher power. " Will do, Corvus. I also made a few friends in the area and will make sure to check in with them. I'll let Harvey know if I find anything that is of immediate concern. I also will make sure to keep my phone easy to access and hidden in case something goes wrong," he replied back to him.

@Gands @Everyone

Reactions: Gands
"Sure. I know just where to go to get the information we need." Stephanie turned to Virgil. "Meet me near the docks. Port and Main. I have a wardrobe change to do, and then we're going to see what a little birdie can tell us."

Later, at the designated location, which turned out to be a video arcade.

"Penguin runs a small, but illegal gambling operation here. The machines look like the normal stand-up arcade games, but when you put the right token in..." She produced a small coin with a relief of an Emperor Penguin on one side. "...they become slot machines or video poker. I'm going to ask our proprietor some questions, and you're going to be the muscle. But not in the usual way. Every time he dodges my question or answers my question with one of his own... fry one of the machines. We'll get to the point giving the answers will cost him less than the damage you're causing. And since these machines have secrets, he won't want GCPD or anyone investigating them."

@BrokenWings

"All right! I am so ready for this, Grady! Just point me in the right direction and I'll take care of things." Karen clasped her hands together in front of her, and it looked like she had actually had started to clap before she switched up to just steepling her fingers. She looked positively ecstatic.

@Gands

Harvey listens to thier plans and nods "sounds good. I'm going try my contacts though it may take a bit. People who ask to forward of questions tend to stick out. Thats not good for an informant on the streets. In the meantime I'll try to see if I can get you people badges, they probably be volunteer badges though. This way if I'm not around to vouch for you guys you have something to show the street cops if they ask." Harvey finished his dog and with a polite nod to all left saying " thanks for letting us crowd your stand for a few hours frank". Frank just nods as Harvey walks off needing to get his contacts on it he figures doing it now is better than later.

Harley looks up from her phone, her hand a bit shaky and her face gone bloodless. Anyone who knew her well could see in her frightened eyes the instant the Baby-doll's bravado takes over as she calls out to Harvey's retreating back:

"Hey 'Bull-de-locks' any idea if this is gonna be along term gig... cause uh, I just heard a whisper of a rumor that a uh... certain special projects 'Squad' is active again... and if that's true, it means the ol' man could be let out for bad behavior at any time now... and uh, I plan to be long gone if that happens and he decides to come home to Goth-town and.... decides to start hunting for me...

Harvey stops and looks back saying " the job lasts as long as you want it. If you need to skip town just tell me and ill set up a fake file saying you went to metropolis. Let the flying boy scout deal with it if you want, or we send the team after him. We're all in this together so never be afraid to ask for help if life gets too hariy. The same goes for everyone here, this town will chew you up if you try goingit alone." He smiled as he continued on.

Grady aka Corvus

"I've said this before, but some of you are new here. We've had friends hurt before. That time I didn't do anything. I played nice and my friend payed for it. I don't intend to play nice about my family ever again. "

He looks at Harvey, his expression some combination of sad and angry.

"So Harvey, if you know who gets out, we'll all want to know. I don't want to wait till he kills again before doing something about it. "

• Useful
Harvey nods and says "I'll see if i can find that out, unfortunately i got out of the federal game a while ago. Still got a few friends out there so i know a bit on the squad. Current mission thats on has a few Gotham players but no joker. If he sneaks in town it may be a bit before my contacts can tell me. It's the basic problem with police contacts, they have to be sneaky to survive so they may hold back a bit to stay alive. I will say this any joker is considered "persona non grata" in Gotham. It's a fancy term for not allowed, there's an un official kill on sight order on them. They are all considered domestic terrorists at this point and will be treated as such from now on. Remember that if you find them first, no paper or news station will care if they don't make it to jail alive. Up to you though how to handle it yourself, just giving you the heads up on how most of the cops will handle it." Harvey heads off again.

• Nice Execution!
Harley seems a bit relieved, she gives a small smile toward Grady as she says to Harvey...

"Last one I met... I took screaming over a rooftop so's I could save the life of.... a friend"

• Sympathy & Compassion
When Lincoln returns to the street clinic later that day...He is surprised to find a new nurse.

1572586793429.png

Her name is Claire. She shows him a new patient. A young African American man who is unconscious. Claire suspects he has been experimented on. Parts of his skin seem more reptilian than human. Street people brought him into the clinic.

@LuckycoolHawk9

• Ah Seen It
At the new and trendy restaurant and arcade... " Ice Games" Our duo is approached by this woman.

1572589383890.png

"Good evening folks, the manager would like to see you, won't you follow me ? "

Stephanie can tell by the way she moves, this is a dangerous woman. She leads you downstairs to an office. (( in my own imagination, Oswald Cobblepot is not as hideous Figure a combination of Peter Falk and Joe Pesci )) He of course is present at the office, sitting behind a very nice old desk.

Also in the office is this man....

1572590470027.png

" My My, what a delight, I was wondering who would visit me first. It is of course wonderful to hear you were back in town. What information can I help you with ? "

@Michale CS @BrokenWings

• OMG
Meanwhile, Corvus and his new lady partner hit the dark side of town that night. There is a nightclub at the far end of town, called the Fish Tank.

Grady seems to have an idea who Fish Mooney is. There are no introductions, and Fish knows who he is too. She does eye Karen a bit suspiciously, but doesn't do anything about it.

" I am looking for someone Fish... A foreigner, dangerous. Into mad science. Any information will bring good cash."

Meanwhile, earlier that day at that same club....

Harvey Bullock is enjoying a drink.

Fish Mooney wanders slowly by his table.

" Hello Harvey, good to see you again. I have left you a gift... I took the liberty of leaving it in your car... a very expensive Persian Rug. I am certain you'll like it. If you don't, just bring it back! "

@Michale CS @Drixe

1572591845036.png

• Ah Seen It
Back where Harley is doing her research, Via computer...

She comes across several viable candidates that will take additional research to be more certain.

In one of her lesser used email addresses, comes the following message.

"The main Joker... isn't out... a couple of years back he got out and did bad things in Gotham. Theory is though, along with him there are others. Including the one who you took for the ride not so long ago. "

Your Friend S S

By the way, I would like to hire you to find out any information on one Mariah Dillard, of New York City.

• Ah Seen It

Lincoln was surprised that he had yet to meet the new nurse who was at the clinic. When had she gotten a job here?

He quickly learns that her name was Claire and that he had a new patient. He took a deep breath, looking over what she had told him. " I suspected that your theory is right. Have you attempted to draw blood from him or run any scans to see what else we can learn?" He asked.

@Gands

As Virgil and Stephanie are lead by the woman he's mentally named 'Uncomfortably Attractive Complication,' he tries his best to whisper to Stephanie, inconspicuously.

"Hey, if you need me to start zapping people, as realistically that's the only reason I'm here, just say..." Virgil looks down, racking his brain for a word that probably won't come up in conversation there, "Uhhh...Hot dog. Yeah, thats a good safe word."

At the clinic

Claire looks over at Lincoln for a moment concern in her expression.

"Blood has been drawn doctor. Tests haven't bee run yet though."

Harvey finished his drink and left some cash for his tab, walking carefully to his car he looks around to see if it's a trap. This was Gotham still, he and fish had a troubled history together. Seeing a large rug in his back seat he opens the door and partially un rolls it to see the heir of the falcon mob drugged and tied up. Harvey stares at the man, his mind torn on what he wants to do to him. On one hand he staged a ambush on th G.C.P.D. that killed three police officers, an act Harvey vowed to avenge with his bare hands if he could. On the other he now had a chance to trick the falcons into showing all he needed to cripple their power base in Gotham. His hand twitched at his side as he contimplated executing him in some abandoned warf and leaving his corpse to be found half eaten by the rats. There would be no proof he killed him, so many people die in Gotham with unknown backstories.but something inside the old jaded "white knight" kicked in and stayed his hand. "Lets see if your daddy is stupid enough to bail you out". Harvey the handcuffed the man jusr in case and headed for central police station. Calling in that some unknown agent had placed the man in his car and that he's bringing him in Harvey drives. " need to get one of those bat people the check where every cent spent on your trial comes from, all we need is any connection to your group and everycent we fond we can keep. Got to love the rico statute.

Lincoln doesn't miss the concern in her expression when she looks over at him." Is there something else that has you worried? I can see you are concerned. Okay, run some tests on the blood and bring me to see him."

@Gands

Harley continues with the research Grady had tasked her, and running a small room of servers for her new mobile game, and working on her project for Grady and trading favors and information with many less than legal contacts. She was beginning to feel like the "Shadow Broker" a character from one of her favorite video games.

@Gands @Michale CS