1. 1-3 posts per day
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
sci fi, modern magical, horror
Gotham City. Since everything changed, it went from being just another crime-infested pit of a city to being the capital of New Jersey - and still crime-infested. Only difference now, is some people get paid by the government to add to that infestation. Politicians. People who think that because people punched a piece of paper saying, I think you're right for this job, that gives them the right to do whatever it is they want, as long as their adoring public never finds out about it. Sometimes even after."

1540537496250.png

"Not that Gotham doesn't still have it's share of trashy, slum-ridden neighborhoods. It does, even with that fancy new monorail zipping all around town like some demented theme park ride. I gotta admit though, a lot harder to dispose of a body via train 'accident' when you have to get 30 feet up in the air to do it. These are the neighborhoods that I cover. For some reason, I, and a select few other people, lucky or not, can remember how things were before. There were no Avengers, no SHIELD, no Daily Bugle or Spiderman. Or... and this is going to sound crazy, but there's these turtle guys who live in the sewers across the river. I swear, I saw one. Wearing a mask. Isn't that rich? As if a little swath of cloth across your face was going to hide you were some sort of mutant half human half turtle. People here, they need answers. Thankfully, I can answer them. Who am I? They call me...

1540537583221.png

"The Question"

Current Dramatis Personae
Lt. Harvey Bullock GCPD meta human coordinator
Harley Quinn
Lincoln Campbell aka Sparky
Karen aka Voyd
Virgil aka Static
Stephanie Brown aka Heron

Grady Murtaugh aka Corvus

[FONT=Caveat, cursive]This role-play is part of the Epic Crossover story line series. [/FONT]

CHARACTER INDEX Epic Crossover - Character Index

Interested ? contact me via PM

Attachments

• 1540534562829.png
    1540534562829.png
    445.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Harvey looks up at the man as he sits down. Listening to him for a bit he gets his slice of apple pie. He looks to her and nods thank you smirking a bit at what she said, sadly trouble did seem to follow him. "how do you know sammy? And what you mean an " english trouble" ?
Harvey takes a bite of the pie and tries to remember anything relevant he heard from homeland security via interpol relating to England. As far as he knew there wasn't any mention of anything he should be worried about. Then again policework was unfortunately a reactive job, having to respond to events as they happened.

Last edited:
  • Ah Seen It
Reactions: Michale CS
Virgil_Hawkins.png
"Thank you, ma'am," Virgil and the waitress' short conversation ended with Virgil's face half stuffed with the cherry pie he'd ordered. "Mrs. Park was right about this place," he said, as the woman walked away. Seedy as the city tended to be, something about this establishment in particular made Virgil feel all warm and cozy.

In a corner of the establishment two uniformed officers, seemingly off-duty, half finished drinks forgotten, lean their heads together across the table from one another having a whispered but heated discussion about something on their cellphones.

The Englishman slide over a card which Harvey might recognize.

Robert McCall

The card has a phone number and an email address.

In one corner, in tiny writing

Department S

" I have a home here in the states, specifically my area of interest is here in Gotham. That being said, there isn't as much difference between your job and mine. Specifically in this case. Meta Human's and problem solving. I have a file on a meta human female. Very nasty piece of work. She is probably in town, looking for.... people or things... to experiment on. Her name is Claudine Renko, also known as Miss Sinister. What we have on her powers and skills are on this thumb drive"

He slides that over to Harvey.

Meanwhile, as Damien looks over to the area where he thought he was being watched... There was nothing there

There was a note though...

(( Mind the Sniper... 8th floor, building about 3 O'clock from your position.... R )

A shot is taken, it isn't immediately noticeable to anyone besides Damian, who was in fact looking at that spot just as the shot was taken, and Static who can feel the bullet heading kind of, sort of his way.

@Drixe @Sonevar @Dipper @Michale CS @LuckycoolHawk9

"Somehow, both the worst, yet the best part of a pie. The last bite." Virgil brings the final portion of his tasty treat near his mouth, when he feels it. Too fast, too small to be any kind of vehicle, this isn't the first time Virgil's had a bullet headed in his vicinity. Operating on instinct, he dives, creating a wave of electromagnetic force starting at the window and heading in the direction of the kitchen, inadvertently sending anything small and metal flying in the same direction. A practiced maneuver, he's trying to keep the bullet flying about 10 feet in the air, high enough clearance to avoid hitting most sitting or standing humans in a building like this, while letting the walls of the building slow the bullet down. As the bullet enters the diner, damaging the window, Virgil takes cover.

"Gunman! Get down!" He yells. He prepares to shift the electromagnetic forces around him, naked to the human eye, while thinking of a way to get everyone out safely.

Reactions: Gands
"What the hell?" Melancholy was diving for cover, more from all the hanging pots and pans in the kitchen area she just came out of than the bullet. "Oh it figures that was the only way they were gonna take me out."

Meanwhile... a few buildings away...

"That was a gunshot. Not surprising given the neighborhood but I should check it out." Stephanie let her internal monologue spill out for a moment as she grappled across a couple of buildings, trying to scope out the situation.

Cracked window, flickering lights from inside Ugly Joe's. "Huh. So much for Switzerland. And the shot came from... about there. Let's go run into danger again, shall we?"

Harvey dives down to avoid getting shot as the round rips through the glasses on the bar, knocking mr mccall to the ground as well. Harvey not knowing if he's wearing a vest or not he tries to cover him as much as possible. "your friend?" he says to the englishman. "excuse the cowboying around, wasn't sure if your wearing a vest or not".

• Ah Seen It
McCall reacts fairly quickly for an older man. This Harvey would note betrays some military or police background.
From the ground next to Harvey. . .

" I dont expect this has much to do with me Mister Bullock. The Woman I was speaking about.would be more likely to try and convince me to jump in front of a bus "

He doesn't seem particularly worried, though he has produced a pistol.

@Drixe

• Ah Seen It
"Huh... i assume you're wearing a vest then, cover the right side of the window. I'll take the left. You civilians stay down ". Harvey nods to the other cops to get on position as he calls the shooting.

Another speeding bullet enters Statics field of perception. From a different direction this time. At the same time, the original gunman takes a second shot.

McCall is hunkered down near Harvey only occasionally peeking out.

Somewhere up high young Damian feels a brief sting before the lights go out.

After his second shot, the first shooter is making his move to escape as he is spotted by Stephanie.

Miles away, Grady's phone rings..

Last edited:
Lincoln Campbell

Lincoln had been so busy doing research in the library and trying to figure out this new world that he had lost track of time and also to hang out with his friend. He realized that it might be a smart idea to text Grady to check on how he was doing.

'Grady, anything happening that I can help with?' He texted him.

@Gands

Reactions: Gands
More metal objects are flung from one side of the diner to the other, as Vergil tries to, discreetly, readjust the new bullets' flight paths. He hopes the cacophony from the shattering windows covers the clattering silverware. Between shots, he shuffles through his pockets, looking for something he could use to hide his identity.

He chanced a peek at the other patrons, hoping they'd started moving towards one exit or another. Instead what he found were a couple of guys grabbing their own guns and making small talk.

"Richie said people in Gotham were crazy, maybe I shoulda listened."

There is a brief lull as a new shooter fires into the café/bar. The original shooter is busy trying to get away when he is discovered by Stephanie. He has a suitcase in one hand and a big pistol in the other as he fires at her.

McCall and Harvey are by the outer window which seems to be taking fire now, short burst automatic.

Static has a few moments to adjust his position.

Grady, talking to Lincoln " You have about five minutes to get an outfit on. We're coming to get you ! "

Minutes later Voyd and Grady appear outside the clinic.

@Michale CS @LuckycoolHawk9 @Sonevar @Drixe @BrokenWings

There is a brief lull as a new shooter fires into the café/bar. The original shooter is busy trying to get away when he is discovered by Stephanie. He has a suitcase in one hand and a big pistol in the other as he fires at her.

McCall and Harvey are by the outer window which seems to be taking fire now, short burst automatic.

Static has a few moments to adjust his position.

Grady, talking to Lincoln " You have about five minutes to get an outfit on. We're coming to get you ! "

Minutes later Voyd and Grady appear outside the clinic.

@Michale CS @LuckycoolHawk9 @Sonevar @Drixe @BrokenWings

Harvey leans into cover waiting the shooter out whlie giving McCall enough room to hide as well. Gotham's finest was already on the way so this turned into a basic traing drill for the gcpd in the bar. The police taking cover in strategic positions around the bar seemed calm. A combination of constant violence in the city and superior training in urban combat made the gcpd suprising good in these situations. "Back up in five minutes, traffic is crazy on 5th street " harvey said to the room. To some he seemed almost bored, but those in the law enforcement community knew it was his official "calm voice".

Her friend took her away from the journey.... he said she would be needed here.

She thought about adding him to her app but dismissed it. He wasn't right fer this.

After he took off, she heard the shots...she began sauntering towards the bar, unconcerned about having entered an active shooter scene.

She had already been calculating where the sniper was when the shots had started, her mind running formulae in her head to narrow it down.

She walked over to where Harvey was covering.... "Need a hand?"

Stephanie saw the pistol rise up in almost slow motion as she went into action - She wasn't however as trained as her friend Cassandra, and didn't want to engage in the method she used to toughen up, being shot, so she pulled up the cape which stiffened - a newly borrowed gimmick from the Bat - and the slug flattened against the cape. "Huh. Vibranium threads are apparently enough."

With a quick flick of the wrist, a batarang struck at the feet of the fleeing gunman, and a burst of supercooled helium engulfed him. "Whoops. Hit you with the fire retardant. Better not move, you might break. I'm willing to risk it though to find out what's in this..."

She pried the man's frostbitten fingers from around the suitcase and gun as she shoved him over. No, he didnt' break. There wasn't enough gas in the 'rang for that. But most of his clothes did.

Leaning over him, she grinned. "I'd say freeze but you've already done a good job of that..."

This is what Voyd was waiting for! A honest-to-goodness mission! None of this plotting and planning, no trying to get used to funky new technology and whatever the heck memes were, but a mission! She gladly went to where Corvus directed her to, to meet this other super and gather the team.

She was beaming from ear to ear, and any trace of her insecurity was gone.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Sonevar @Drixe @Gands @BrokenWings

"Aww... screw it! I don't need an excuse to play with toys!"

She reaches down the front region of her daisy dukes and pulls out something flat and rubbery with one hand, the other reaching for a small canister in her back pocket. At first she gives an exaggerated inhale and blows into an inflator tube on the rubbery object, then she screws the canister into the inflator tube and squeezes it. Relatively rapidly the bright yellow front facade of a moderate sized child's bouncy castle expands into place, complete with archer slots for returning fire, with a huge splash logo on the front:
SPONSORED BY - "Dream On" Gotham City's very own fantasy league mobile app... www.dreamongc.com

She then gives a very accurate but extremely feminine immitation of Bullock giving a GCPD form up and rally command that she'd heard him use once... or twice... or five times... hoping they would cover behind the inflatable as she was trying to drag Harvey into doing.

Lincoln Campbell

" I'll only need three minutes to get ready, but that is just a simple fact," he replied, hanging up on him, going straight for the bathroom and in record time, changing into his costume and out of scrubs. He snuck out of the clinic and smiled when they arrived. "So, what's the plan here?" he asked.

@Gands @Michale CS

• Ah Seen It
Harvey takes a look at the bouncy castle and shakes his head, no way is he and the boys hiding behind it. Thats going to be on the six o'clock news for sure, and he isnt having that. He does however use it for cover and takes an officer with him to the left while the other two go right. Firing a round safely in the wall to create support fire without hitting anyone, he and the officers flank through the entrance to the left and right of the window trying to shock and awe the shooter between them.

• Ah Seen It