1. 1-3 posts per day
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
sci fi, modern magical, horror
Gotham City. Since everything changed, it went from being just another crime-infested pit of a city to being the capital of New Jersey - and still crime-infested. Only difference now, is some people get paid by the government to add to that infestation. Politicians. People who think that because people punched a piece of paper saying, I think you're right for this job, that gives them the right to do whatever it is they want, as long as their adoring public never finds out about it. Sometimes even after."

1540537496250.png

"Not that Gotham doesn't still have it's share of trashy, slum-ridden neighborhoods. It does, even with that fancy new monorail zipping all around town like some demented theme park ride. I gotta admit though, a lot harder to dispose of a body via train 'accident' when you have to get 30 feet up in the air to do it. These are the neighborhoods that I cover. For some reason, I, and a select few other people, lucky or not, can remember how things were before. There were no Avengers, no SHIELD, no Daily Bugle or Spiderman. Or... and this is going to sound crazy, but there's these turtle guys who live in the sewers across the river. I swear, I saw one. Wearing a mask. Isn't that rich? As if a little swath of cloth across your face was going to hide you were some sort of mutant half human half turtle. People here, they need answers. Thankfully, I can answer them. Who am I? They call me...

1540537583221.png

"The Question"

Current Dramatis Personae
Lt. Harvey Bullock GCPD meta human coordinator
Harley Quinn
Lincoln Campbell aka Sparky
Karen aka Voyd
Virgil aka Static
Stephanie Brown aka Heron

Grady Murtaugh aka Corvus

[FONT=Caveat, cursive]This role-play is part of the Epic Crossover story line series. [/FONT]

CHARACTER INDEX Epic Crossover - Character Index

Interested ? contact me via PM

Attachments

• 1540534562829.png
    1540534562829.png
    445.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Grady Murtaugh aka Korvus

Grady gets up, moving over to Karen by the window.

"Look Karen, take a couple of deep breaths. This is your first day here and there are a lot of differences. Decades of tech you will have to catch up on. So far you are doing really good. Don't worry about catching up on files just yet.. okay?"

He puts a comforting arm around her, holding her for a few moments.

He turns then to Damian.

" I am sorry young man. We are not perfect by any means. I suspect you have access to more complete files at home. If you'd like, take that home, compare and let us know if there are any glaring differences that we need to address. "

He turns to Harley then.

" I am very glad to see you again. If you need help with a place to stay, let me know. I also have a surprise for you later."

• Thank You
Reactions: Michale CS
Karen shakes her head. "It's not just that, Grady. You're obviously stronger and tougher than me, Nicola is smarter than me, and the teenager's scarier than me. Then there's the cop with years of training, I don't see where I'm going to be useful at all. but you're right of course it is only my first day."

She sighs, sniffing once and going back to the table. "Back where I come from, a couple of times, the bad guys said I'd picked the wrong side. That my powers were more useful to a bad guy, busting in anywhere never being able to be locked...up..."

Suddenly, she brightens up. "Wait! Nobody knows me here! My powers are really useful to these guys we're after too! If you need someone on the inside of one of these organizations, I'm the perfect choice! Of course, I'd want a different suit, because I'd want to go back to being Voyd, afterward... I mean, if you... Need anything like that..."

She petered out at the end, aware once again of her rambling.

@Dipper @Drixe @Gands @Sonevar

"I'm not sure that will be needed, a inside man..or women in this case would be usefull. You would however have to go underground and build up a rep for the streets out here. I know someone who is hiring out of town super types, but already have some kind of ties to him already. It's up to you of course it's not a bad idea.you shouldn't sell your powers short from a team point of view either, from what i hear you'd be great for breaching duties" harvey said. "Its all realitve in the field, you never know what skill or power would be usefull in the heat of the moment. As for being new here it's not that big a deal either, I was born here. Still confused as what happens in this crazy town. Just keep calm and try to keep up is my best advice'".

Last edited:
Nicola chimes in from where she is still typing away seeming a bit more in-control now that her typing has slowed and she is only occupied with drawing link charts and hierarchies. "I would neither encourage nor dissuade you as their are serious concerns for both sides of ' do or do not'"

"As these notes will hopefully prove, having an insider can be extremely valuable"
"However, at the same time the pressures and dangers to the insider will proportionally be extreme. If the pretender shows morality or any similar 'weakness' they will be uncovered and / or broken quickly, or worse, turned by those they sought to bring down, or all three if not killed outright. The pretender must find a way to cope with being surrounded by and possibly living with people who treat theft, torture and murder as efficiently as a business or worse yet as a past time, hobby, or research goal. You must give a life altering amount of consideration as to whether or not you can handle these things. Additionally if you use your powers at all you must not only disguise your identity but further stay in disguise at all times until your work is done, once they discover who you are under the mask, you can run, but you can never hide. I myself am still looking over both shoulders waiting for the day that the artist formerly known as the Joker or one of my former mentors comes to exact his revenge... or when the Batman, the bat clan, or any other of the cape squad comes for me... and the ONLY thing between me and a fatal GCPD bullet is the good graces of the grumpy teddy bear over there" She indicates Harvey.

"Conversely, it would be immensely easy to set Miss Karen up with a felonious cover due to the fact that she IS unknown in this universe as of yet. Additionally all she has to do is alter her arrival story by one word stating that she was trying to 'steal' instead of 'recover' the device that sent her here. As for her introduction, Mr. Murtaugh if it is within your resources or contacts to do so, we could set up a tech convention like the one we all attended this past June? It will need a week prior at least of hype and gossip, then Miss Karen, under her new identity as 'Wormhole' 'The Portal' 'Miss Spot'... as THE Spot was already used... I never heard if he was ever found... whathaveyou purloins some item from therein as we arrive heroically to try to stop her to no avail..."

A slightly haunted babydoll continues "If yer REALLY sure you're up fer it miss K. then w'd have to keep you and your other identity both safe so that when yer done you can go back ta bein' a good guy with no trouble... First thing is ...new suit... Maybe black or gray with red hair and cape?... also, you gotta not be you... be bold, be take charge-ish, or easier, play the stereotypical dumb ditz... trust me the boy's club of superbads'll eat it up...and if the talk or plan of action gets too dark for ya ta handle, just ask about the bats... that'll derail 'em all into anotha 'kill the bat' group rant.... One last thing, if you got the juice and the moxie for it, we can play a little body swap pretend... I've watched you enough that I can copy yer movements and style so I can dress up as you and if you can handle it you throw out portals for both of us... that way you can scream 'Oh no!, my archnemesis Voyd musta followed me to this dimension... she has the same powers as me... that's why she's been the only one to get close enough to try to stop me... she musta been close when the device exploded and came here too! Trust me, I KNOW the bats has used a body double at least twice and everybody around here falls for it... never could figure him out though... but we know it works for keeping identities safe..."

As here typing finishes, she seems about to say more, then halts as if realizing something and slumps in her chair seeming to deflate dejectedly.

@Michale CS @Gands @Drixe @Dipper

Reactions: Gands
Something just seemed to snap into place with Karen just then. Her face lost the tense squint she'd had since walking in and she almost seemed a little taller. Karen had decided that this was a challenge she was going to rise to, and she was sick and tired of being on the defensive.

Karen watched and listened as Nicola ranted. It took a moment, but she tried not to be overwhelmed by it. She raised one hand, index finger extended. "Actually, I had an idea for a name. Null. Kind of an in-joke. You know, Null and Voyd? And trust me, I can act felonious enough."

She took a deep breath, then walked over to Nicola, placing her hands on both shoulders. "Also, do me a big favor and breathe once in a while. You're stealing my thunder, because I'm the one that's supposed to rant around here. And rattling all of this stuff off when most of us won't even catch half of - I mean I will because I was a schoolteacher back home and I'm used to listening to a dozen kids yelling questions at me at once, but it doesn't do anyone any good, and it's shaking the living hell out of my confidence, which I just started to get back."

Then she turned the shoulder hold into a full on hug. "I appreciate you without you gushing words all over, you don't have to prove yourself by always having a plan, huh?"

Stepping back, she looked at Damian. "I'd like to offer a bit of tech to your company. I didn't have a set where I came from, but I am pretty familiar with the physics of something we called cyberhair. It's a wig that can quite literally be any color. Micro-thin fiber optic cables, organically based light emitters, powered by solar and heat absorption from the wearer. It's expensive in my original universe, but some of your tech here is way ahead of ours, it may not be. Once I patent it in my name of course. When... I have one."

Karen looked to Grady, and smiled. "Between the people here, I am really sure I can have an identity, two actually because of the temporary villainous ID, soon. I decided that the only way for me to get anywhere here is to establish myself and make this place feel like home. Of course, I'm probably going to make a lot of mistakes. But, I don't care. I'm making this place my home now and I'll do anything to get that done. And I actually have a few costume designs in mind for my Null costume, which I'll send to you all later... once someone teaches me how to use these things." That last was after picking up the tablet computer.

"I don't," Damian muttered. At least, he didn't have access to it all, and what he could find was very limited. He scowled. "That's the only reason I came here." His pride demanded he handle matters personally, but sooner or later his father would want to take over. He knew more, had access to more. With a sniff, Damian shrugged.

"An insider... might be useful, provided she knows what she's doing. I doubt that."

• Ah Seen It
Harley was taken aback both by Karen's hug and by her words. After Harley was released, she simply put her shades back on and stared down at her hands.

@Michale CS @Gands @Drixe @Dipper

Harvey chimes in "i need to clear it with the commissioner of course but if it's ok i could give you some inside info on where the police will be at certain times . Help you with your rep as a criminal, you know sneaking past them".

He turns now, mostly speaking to Karen.

" For the record, I am not your keeper. That being said, I think it's a bad idea to do something with such extreme risk. Any of us here, would have a difficult time maintaining a separate identity for our own individual reasons. One mistake could cost you your life. If you continue to insist, I can arrange something with a local gang where I have connections. "

He takes a deep breath and a drink of soda. He is looking at all of them now.

" I would like to point out the incredible possibilities offensively and defensively Karen's powers represent. Redirecting enemy attacks against them, transportation, infiltration of defenses. Given a little time to catch up and familiarize herself with the situation here, our technology, she could be an amazing asset to our group. "

He finishes and sits down. He looks a bit agitated and like he would prefer to say more. Some part of him though is clamped down on that last bit of speech before it could find it's way out. After a moment, he manages to speak again.

Looking at Damian....

" Again, we include you out of courtesy. Whether you choose to be helpful or not, we cannot nor would we seek to control. However, I owe something to Alfred, so I promised to include you in our intelligence. I do hope you join use when you can. "

Karen just looked around at everyone. "It... seems that everyone seems to think the infiltration thing is a bad idea. I guess you're right. I'll stick to working with you in my Voyd identity. I.. I thought I finally had something that no one else here did, and it felt... useful. But, well, fine."

She looked at Harley. "I didn't mean to shut you down, I just felt... and still feel, inadequate. I prided myself in being smart and then you... well do what you do and prove me nowhere near as smart."

"No one seems to think I'm capable of what I suggested, it'll take me weeks to catch up with current events and what's what here in Gotham, so..."

Karen smiled wanly at Grady. "I'll be at home, trying to catch up with everything." She opened a portal and stepped through, disappearing from the room.

In the distance, a few other portals appeared, sequentially farther away, if one were to look out the window.

He watched Karen go and he was very still for a moment. He then turned to Harley and watched her as she shut down for a moment.

" Harvey, Mr. Wayne, I am sorry. You should find the intel I provided on target. Please let me know if you have any questions. I expect this will get worse before it gets better. "

He gets up with a small sigh, simply walking over to Harley and picks her up. She is gently put over her shoulder.

" If you could please, let me know if you find anything out in the meanwhile. "

Grady sends a text to Stephanie. **Taking Harley to old amusement park, see you after ?**
He takes Harley down to the truck, gently places her in the passenger seat and gets in to drive. He is silent, but if Harley talks to him he'll answer. Otherwise they drive to the north west end of town, near the waterfront. A deserted and somewhat ruined amusement park and stops the truck there.

" I know it hasn't been such a great day. But, it is very nice to have you back Harley. Dr. Isley kept me appraised of your condition while you were recovering. So, I kind of took a leap of faith... a small leap of faith. I bought this land for you. I will help you refurbish it. He looks at her for a bit wondering what her reaction will be.

Meanwhile, Harvey gets a text from Gordon. ** Harvey, someone new just hit town, file on your desk when you get back **

@Dipper @Sonevar @Drixe @Michale CS

• Sympathy & Compassion
Harley gives her standard line "I'm not smart, I just can't forget anything, ever"

Harvey looks around the now all but empty room and says to damian "so...any questions for me? Im going to stay here for a bit, don't really want to head back yet."

Harvey gets another text.

{{ Hey B, thought you might wannah know... Some out o'town guys snoopin around the sewers lookin for the Crock..I'll be at Ugly Joes }} Sammy

@Drixe @Dipper

Harvey looks to this phone thinking it s gordon again "huh i'm popular today. I need to take care of something real quick, i'll keep the room up for another hour or so if you still want anything." Harvey gets up and heads out to meet his contact, takeing time to clear the bill with the waitress.

As Bullock leaves, one of Damians bat gizmos beeps. A quick perusal shows the text sent to Bullock in its entirety.

Will Damian follow ?

@Dipper

• Ah Seen It
Reactions: Dipper
Damian did, indeed, follow, hand glued to the hidden comm. behind his ear as he moved. An old diner he'd never deign to enter, but he could keep a good eye on the place from afar without losing sight of its occupants.

Harvey drives to the diner after leaving the bar, his cop training kicking in he does his best to check for anyone tailing him. he heads for the diner using backstreets, he uses all the shortcuts he knows. He eventauly gets to the diner and heads in. Sitting at the counter he orders a piece of pie and waits for his contact.

Last edited:
This place, Ugly Joes always seemed busy. A bar nightclub at night and a cafe during the day. They had a good reputation, good food, clean well mixed booze. Fair prices.

As Bullock sat at his booth it didn't take a long time until someone joined him.

2673ac467d2f8c43078b13fda982b6b8.jpg

" Hello Harvey"

"Forgive me for impersonating your normal informant, but I think you'll find me a better deal.
My name is Edward. There are is a danger coming to Gotham that you need to be made aware of. An English danger "

Nearby a college age black man was talking to the cafe's proprietress. A woman known to some as Melancholy.

It's now been 15 minutes of watching for Damien, who has taken pictures of Bullock's new friend. After a bit he has that odd feeling he was being watched.

aa564b0775072716b0e02ddc7e25f900.jpg

@Dipper @BrokenWings @Drixe

Meloncholy (Charlotte Dawson).jpgSuddenly, all of them seemed... calmer. The rage falling away like dust washed away in the rain. Approaching the group was the propietor of the establishment, Melanie Salcedo, more often known as Meloncholy. You just couldn't be angry around her. It was an impossiblity.

"Seems like I have quite the gathering tonight. Glad I'm here, because your kind... usually mean trouble. And property damage."

@Gands @Dipper @BrokenWings @Drixe