1. 1-3 posts per day
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
sci fi, modern magical, horror
Gotham City. Since everything changed, it went from being just another crime-infested pit of a city to being the capital of New Jersey - and still crime-infested. Only difference now, is some people get paid by the government to add to that infestation. Politicians. People who think that because people punched a piece of paper saying, I think you're right for this job, that gives them the right to do whatever it is they want, as long as their adoring public never finds out about it. Sometimes even after."

1540537496250.png

"Not that Gotham doesn't still have it's share of trashy, slum-ridden neighborhoods. It does, even with that fancy new monorail zipping all around town like some demented theme park ride. I gotta admit though, a lot harder to dispose of a body via train 'accident' when you have to get 30 feet up in the air to do it. These are the neighborhoods that I cover. For some reason, I, and a select few other people, lucky or not, can remember how things were before. There were no Avengers, no SHIELD, no Daily Bugle or Spiderman. Or... and this is going to sound crazy, but there's these turtle guys who live in the sewers across the river. I swear, I saw one. Wearing a mask. Isn't that rich? As if a little swath of cloth across your face was going to hide you were some sort of mutant half human half turtle. People here, they need answers. Thankfully, I can answer them. Who am I? They call me...

1540537583221.png

"The Question"

Current Dramatis Personae
Lt. Harvey Bullock GCPD meta human coordinator
Harley Quinn
Lincoln Campbell aka Sparky
Karen aka Voyd
Virgil aka Static
Stephanie Brown aka Heron

Grady Murtaugh aka Corvus

[FONT=Caveat, cursive]This role-play is part of the Epic Crossover story line series. [/FONT]

CHARACTER INDEX Epic Crossover - Character Index

Interested ? contact me via PM

Attachments

• 1540534562829.png
    1540534562829.png
    445.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Harvey looks at his watch as the suits discuss the budget, the time seemed to just drag. The mayor's assistant finally stopped going on about whatever the hell he was talking about, maybe i should have paid attention harvey thought. " Lt Bullock do you have the expense sheet for the metahuman cost's?" Harvey sat up and rifles through his papers.
" yeah here it is, it should've been sent to you." Harvey said as he pulled it out. "It was "he said as he rolled his eyes. "Why is it over budget, the mayor made it clear we had limited finds for extra programs" he said as he tried his best sound stern. Harvey just sighed and said " they have superpowers and your asking rhem to help in life and death situations. They at least start with a cop's hazard pay, the more experienced ones get paid more. They're not going to do it for minimum wage" his voice raised up a bit before he cought himself. The mayor's assistant was taken back a bit by Harvey's frank answer but having to save face he said "well at the end of the month i better see some drop in crime to justify the cost."
He quickly changed the subject to repair costs for patrol vehicles and harvey slipped back into his boredom hopeing to leave this meeting as soon as he could.

• Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: Michale CS
Grady Murtaugh aka Korvus.

" Fascinating. . . Anyway, I should conduct a little business. Harvey has set up a meeting at the Skyline lounge downtown at about 1230. Harley, if you care to indulge me.. Perhaps you could aquire professional attire for yourself and Karen ? Then pick a pair of cell phones, one for each of you please. Take the truck and I will meet you at the Skyline for our meeting with Harvey. "

He hands Harley a company credit card with her name on it (( civilian )) and the keys to the truck.

"I had that prepared several months back using one of your... Nom de plum, I think thats the phrase. My french is rusty. "

@Michale CS. @Sonevar @Drixe. @LuckycoolHawk9

• According to Plan
Grady Murtaugh aka Korvus

Grady places a couple of more phone calls. A reply message to Harvey, indicating that he'll be met at the Skyline. A text message to Lincoln, to meet us there, dressed professionally. Lastly a phone call to Stephanie to inform her about the meeting and it's general purpose.

His last call is to Alfred. Allowing certain members of the Bat Clan to attend this meeting should they so choose.

@Michale CS @Dipper @LuckycoolHawk9 @Drixe

• Ah Seen It
Harvey finally gets to the lounge. The skyline lounge was a high class bar set on top of a skyscraper. Glass windows , bullit proof of course this is Gotham, cover all sides of rhe lounge. The view is incredible as you can look down and see the whole business district beneath you. The hostess takes him to a private room the city sometimes uses for meetings, harvey smirks as he knows putting it on his expense report will cause a certian some one a fit. A cocktail waitress pokes her head on the room "cani get you something while you wait for your party? " Harvey thinks a bit, god that was a long meeting. Harvey orders a double shot of top shelf whiskey and sits down.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gands
After Harley loads several bags into the truck from a fast and furious shopping spree, she waits for Karren to get back into the truck. Then she guns the engine and races away from the store as if in a high-speed chase. She never breaks the speed limit, but her many swerves, weaves, and linecuts bare all the hallmarks of a professionally trained high-speed tactically evasive driver. She pulls into the parking space for the lounge and stops in front of the parking-to-main and lets Karren catch her breath before opening her door and let her get to the lounge. Then she returns to park the truck properly and go on up herself.

Karen wasn't upset at the nearly-illegal and maybe-dangerous driving of Harley at all - after all she could teleport out in an instant, and she didn't really need to catch her breath at all.

She stepped out of the truck and straightened her dress, grabbing her bag and heading up to see Grady and the others...

Karlie-Kloss -Wearing-a-green-dress--06-662x993.jpg
She however still had her demure demeanor when she approached him, smiling and sitting without much to say.

@Gands @Drixe @Sonevar @Dipper @LuckycoolHawk9

Grady arrived at the Skyline mere moments before Harley & Karen by way of leisurely cab ride.

Asking about Harvey, he was directed and led to the private room where his friend was. He too asked for a top line whiskey.. Irish of course.

Grady was dressed in an expensive dark green silk suit, compkete with a fine worsted wool vest. He had his cane and a keather briefcase.

He sat and pulled an envelope out of his briefcase anf handed it to his friend.

"Afternoon Harvey, I brought the annual charitable contribution to G.C.P.D. from your friends at Murtaugh Securities. Gordon said I could address it to your department!"

Nicola approached the lounge with a sigh of apprehension, she had allowed Karen a preview but since Karen was new she was still nervous to see if anyone else would notice. She approached and rode up to the lounge looking for all the world like a stylized 'Man in Black' except the suit and tie were royal red with singular black diamond 4-clusters on the left chest and right pant leg at the hip. Aside from her royal red hair with onyx tips pulled back in a professional ponytail she wore no makeup or adornment except the black shades. She entered the private seating room and waited for an invitation to sit.

@Michale CS @Gands @Drixe

Reactions: Drixe
" Sit down and relax till everyone's here. If you want a drink go for it. The cocktail waitress should be back in a second. Don't worry about it, the city's paying for it." Harvey takes the envelope from grady, " ah thanks this should shut up a certain mayor's assistant. " Harvey looks to Karen " nice ro meet you the names harvey" . When nicola walks on he nods ro her " love the suit". Harvey sits down and sips his whiskey. In the background the piano player starts his set with the song everybody wants to rule the world played in a slow and melancholy style.

Last edited:
He hadn't been pleased about the "invitation", though it would certainly allow for some further questioning, as Damian still felt left in the dark about the whole situation. Arriving in full Wayne attire was his only option, but his dour expression, coupled with perfectly combed hair and stiff posture, perfectly displayed his stern demeanor. If that was what it took to keep these... people... away from him, then it would have to be enough.

Alfred had been kind enough to drive him, and left him on the sidewalk with a smile.

Well. It looked like this was it. What a colorful bunch of men and women...

Damian snorted and entered the building.

She looked over at Damian as he walked in. They sent a kid to negotiate? Well, she can't fault whomever was responsible... I mean back home the premier team there were mostly kids. Dash was like... ten. And Violet was in High School.

Karen looked over to the waitress and ordered a cosmopolitan. For now, she kept quiet.

@Drixe @Gands @Dipper @Sonevar

Stephanie, on the other hand, didn't want to be there. She and Damian, well, they didn't exactly always get along. So, she was across the street in another building, with a pair of high-powered binoculars with a camera feed on it. She'd run the resulting video through her lip-reading program and figure out what was said later.
She sent a text to Grady, though.

"I'd probably just agitate Damian if I were there. I'll sit this one out."

Grady gets up and attaches a series of gizmos to the window with the gorgeous view. The view out of the window darkens significantly .

" This is a new thing I am trying. Makes it harder to watch through the windows these things protect and almost impossible to get directional microphone success. "

(( making the assumption that Damian has found the room we are meeting in. ))

"I have invited you all here to discuss what is going on in Gotham right now. (( He looks at Damian now )) You were invited as a courtesy to Alfred. There is always a chance you didn't know some of what we have found out. Are there any questions before we start ? "

Nearly instantly...
"
So you invite me, I say I can't be there then you cut me off when I try to watch? K. Fill me in later."
Comes a text to Grady's phone from Stephanie's... as she packs up her surveillance gear and heads out. There was no way she would be in the same room with Brat-Boy unless it was absolutely needed. Bruce preferred to send a kid too young to even drive to the meeting, and take the title of Robin she once had. Maybe he had a few of those bats in his actual belfry now...

"As a disgruntled Stephanie heads down the elevator, she only has two men to capture before the day is through. Ben, and Jerry." her internal monologue leaked out, just for a moment.

Meanwhile, Karen tries not to look entirely awkward...
"Uh, so... I'd be lying if I said I knew what this meeting was about, exactly, but it seems really important..."

She smiled and looked around the collected people, trying to be less socially inept.

@Gands @Drixe @Sonevar @Dipper

Harvey gets up and moves his chair so he's facing the party, he heads for the door to the private room. "Anyone want anything else before i ask the waitress to leave us alone?"

• Ah Seen It
Alfred had been quite convinced that this was to be no different from the average Wayne conference. Damian begged to differ; the room was far from professional, and those present before him didn't walk or talk as he'd expected. A Wayne conference certainly. But not a professional one. Damian let the surprised stares and glares bounce off him harmlessly as he made his way into the room and found himself a seat.

With an air of dignity - quite curious of someone his age - Damian folded his arms across his chest, put on the best imitation of his father's dour expression, and did his finest to look somewhat serious.

"I'd like a complete picture. What has been shared with me is... very little."

Grady Murtaugh aka Korvus.

Grady had been in the private room preparing it for their meeting. He had ordered some snacks for everyone and Pepsi for himself. He waited to start until everyone had a chance to order drinks or food.

" Thank you for coming everyone. Harvey and I are having this meeting to update you all on current conditions in Gotham. I'd like to welcome Karen to Gotham. She is a physicist who had something of an accidental dimensional portal situation. We are in the process of obtaining proper identification for her. Also new to our meetings is Mister Damian Wayne. Thank you sir for joining us. Now, there are a few things going on new in the local underworld that I believe you should all be aware of. We are currently missing two of our friends who are busy"

He stopped for a moment to get a bite of something and a drink of his soda. He was pleased that everyone who made it had done so in relatively professional dress. He actually liked Harley's cool new outfit, but it wasn't going to hide her identity from anyone clever. He then produces a large pistol from a Bag.

" First note, if you see one of these pistols, be extra careful, they are dangerous and very capable of piercing Armor. I've provided one to Gordon, pass this one around and make yourself familiar please. They are made by Mariah Dillard using metal bought or stolen from Wakanda. There is also a rifle version. One of our friends was seriously hurt last year by one and though we have been told she's physically recovered, we've not seen her again since. For the record, any information we can get on Dillard or her convict henchman Shades, I want. "

Second, there has been movement in the local underworld. The Falcone family is out. Junior Penguin seems to have taken the territory. So far, open war has not broken out. Fish Mooney and the Irish seem to be taking a wait and see attitude. This is something we'll have to keep an eye on. Also of note, Wilson Fisk has been transferred to Blackgate Prison in an exchange with the state of New York. Appears that Mister Fisk has been a model prisoner and Blackgate is trying so spread out some of there bad boys. Any questions on either of these ? "

He stops again, eating and drinking for a moment, watching the others. Quietly he'll tell Harley and Karen their outfits are nice.

@Drixe @Sonevar @Michale CS @LuckycoolHawk9 @Dipper

Last edited:
Harvey not getting a response figures it's a no and gives a signal to the cocktail waitress to not come in. Walking back as he closed the sort of sound proof door. He took a cd sized disk shaped speaker from his coat pocket and puts it on the floor. Pressing the button in the center of the item it starts to hum ever so slightly, reducing any attempt to bug the room to endless static. He then sits down and opens a breif case, after taking out the contents he passes out the files to everyone " These are for your eyes only, as you have all been ckeared it's ok for you to have them. Do not share these with anyone else.

"I really don't know why I'm here..." She admitted. "I'll memorize these names you've mentioned but I don't know any of them. I mean, I'll help the best I can, and I'm grateful, but I'm not an investigator."

Karen honestly didn't know what to think of all this cloak and dagger stuff, hidden files, super-smart-and-dangerous kids, Harley being... well, Harley, plus she thought she was really growing a deep attachment to Grady. This was his world, and her world now... so if she wanted any chance of being involved with him, she'd have to embrace his lifestyle. If going to fancy covert meetings and looking over secret files was part of it, so be it.

When she opened up the file, she saw the list of metahumans that were on the list as being spotted in conjunction with Cobblepot and his 'takeover' of the Falcone territory. The guy who could duplicate himself, the warrior lady, the guy known as Sabretooth... There was a lot to this thing. She didn't know where the lines for good guys or bad guys were hardly, among all this information.

"So, what is it you want me to do with all this information? I want to help, but this isn't exactly how I did things where I came from. Also, I guess it's worth noting to tell you that the lady who wears yellow and used to work for Falcone is now on her own and running Ugly Joe's. She's calling it a 'Switzerland' in Gotham."

@Dipper @Drixe @Gands @Sonevar

Nicola, despite her sleek new attire seemed to be flustered by the group, she became even more flustered as she tried to give her order before the meeting started, with many halting starts and stops as she seemed unable to decide on or at least answer the simplest of things. When the young man arrived, she watched him for a moment and nearly bolted out of her seat. His figure, his movements were familiar, she could not place him precisely but she KNEW they had crossed each other somewhere in a dark alley before. Grady's complements relaxed her a bit, not for the effect of the complement itself but more for the surety that he was there... that made her feel more secure.... seeing this was to be an info share, she repeated the boy's words "A complete picture..."

At those words her hands become nearly a blur, a cheap tablet comes to rest in front of Karen, another in front of Harvey, and 2 beneath her own furiously working hands as a Massive amount of data is manually entered into one of Murtaugh Security's encrypted servers. 11 years worth of firsthand information from 13 years ago to 2 years ago.

Every planned, executed, or thought of job perpetrated or discussed by the Joker or any of the other rogues gallery who served as her teachers and role models, from Croc to the League of Shadows. Also included were any potentially discussed hideouts, any unrecovered loot, down to the penny (including any she was tasked to hide digitally). Furthermore contracts taken or refused from those seeking 'muscle' like Mariah, Fish, Falcone, etc. Even going so far as to include meetings just like this Grady Bunch meeting that she eavesdropped on when the rogues thought she was asleep. Many were singular or collective 'Kill the Bat' rants, but she included every sliver of information she had heard and been forced to remember in perfect detail in those 11 years (except for details on Ivy).

As both her hands flew in blurred motions over the 2 touch screens and her eyes processed back and forth sightlessly like an overworked computer, Karren's and Harvey's screens filled up, and Grady's personal device dinged with the access link to the server. As if in a trance she tonelessly speaks to Grady...

"if you want..."
"that link will..."
"allow our young guest..."
"access to the..."
"files as well."

@Michale CS @Gands @Drixe @Dipper

"...wow." was all Karen could say. At first. "...when I first came in, I wasn't sure if I belonged here. Now, looking at this... I'm sure I don't. There's no way I can keep up with this. Where I come from, a bad guy showed up, supers came out to beat them, either they did or they got away, and that was that."

The one thing Karen had been holding onto was the fact she was smart and learned fast. What Nicola did shook her confidence in both of those things to the core. Then there was presumably the super smart kid, too. The people here were just... Better than her.

She delicately set the strange portable TV Harley gave her on the table and stood up, walking to the darkened window, literally trembling. "I'm sorry, this is a bit overwhelming. I can't compete with this. You're all so much better than me."

@Dipper @Drixe @Gands @Sonevar

Last edited: