1. 1-3 posts per day
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
sci fi, modern magical, horror
Gotham City. Since everything changed, it went from being just another crime-infested pit of a city to being the capital of New Jersey - and still crime-infested. Only difference now, is some people get paid by the government to add to that infestation. Politicians. People who think that because people punched a piece of paper saying, I think you're right for this job, that gives them the right to do whatever it is they want, as long as their adoring public never finds out about it. Sometimes even after."

1540537496250.png

"Not that Gotham doesn't still have it's share of trashy, slum-ridden neighborhoods. It does, even with that fancy new monorail zipping all around town like some demented theme park ride. I gotta admit though, a lot harder to dispose of a body via train 'accident' when you have to get 30 feet up in the air to do it. These are the neighborhoods that I cover. For some reason, I, and a select few other people, lucky or not, can remember how things were before. There were no Avengers, no SHIELD, no Daily Bugle or Spiderman. Or... and this is going to sound crazy, but there's these turtle guys who live in the sewers across the river. I swear, I saw one. Wearing a mask. Isn't that rich? As if a little swath of cloth across your face was going to hide you were some sort of mutant half human half turtle. People here, they need answers. Thankfully, I can answer them. Who am I? They call me...

1540537583221.png

"The Question"

Current Dramatis Personae
Lt. Harvey Bullock GCPD meta human coordinator
Harley Quinn
Lincoln Campbell aka Sparky
Karen aka Voyd
Virgil aka Static
Stephanie Brown aka Heron

Grady Murtaugh aka Corvus

[FONT=Caveat, cursive]This role-play is part of the Epic Crossover story line series. [/FONT]

CHARACTER INDEX Epic Crossover - Character Index

Interested ? contact me via PM

Attachments

• 1540534562829.png
    1540534562829.png
    445.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
It was an ordinary day for Karen, well ordinary crime-fighting day. A couple of guys she was pretty sure were working for some supervillain or another were trying to steal an experimental device - one that was supposed to give people powers, at least temporarily.

She'd been pursuing them for a few miles, waiting until they got out of town to engage them so no one would get hurt if something bad happened with the device.

Voyd portaled into the back of the panel van, there was a struggle, and she got zapped with the device. Nothing seemed to happen until she tried to portal out with it.

"Huh. Purple. My portals have never been purple before." But she went through anyway.

...and ended up falling through someone's roof and landing on a couch.

"That's... Never happened before. Where am I?" She switched on the TV.

"It's been seven months since this very station in Gotham was held hostage..."

"Gotham? Where the heck is that?"

Last edited:

It has been several months since the T.V. station attracted the big fight. Things have been relatively quiet since then. There have been the start of something going on in the underworld though... But Grady hasn't yet been able to put his finger on it yet.

He was relaxing on a Sunday afternoon reading and watching the tube. He got up to get some snacks and freshen his whiskey. While in the kitchen.. He heard a crash...

Quickly, he moved back towards his family room. . . only to see a woman in spandex, very colorful and tight fitting spandex laying on his couch. Briefly confused, he moved slowly in her direction.. Grabbing his cane in the process. He does notice the woman sized whole in his ceiling.

" Christ on a crutch woman, did yah have tah go and make a whole in my roof "

He looks not impressed at her likely super human status, holding his cane in a bit of a ready status.

"I don't... Normally leave holes." She looked up, blinking. "Of course I was just going through the side of a van with... Oh no where is it?"

Voyd looked around and found the device... Broken. "Great. It's busted. And that was my only clue on how I got here... Wherever Gotham is... Instead of just out onto the street from inside the van..."

She looked down when she realized she was rambling. Experimentally, she opened a portal again. "Oh good, back to the normal color..."

Voyd demonstrated her power by juggling a half-empty water bottle in the air with portals.

"My name's Voyd." She stuck her hand out at Grady.

@Gands

Last edited:

Grady was still looking up at the hole in his roof when she started to look for the gizmo. He moved closer and started to look at it.

" This is a complicated piece of tech. Would you mind if I invited someone over to look at it, or maybe we take it someplace "

He looks up then as she is starting to show her unusual portal powers to him.

" Pretty impressive Miss Voyd "

"Uh... Sure. I'm a physicist but no engineer... If someone can figure out what it exactly does... Maybe I can figure out how I could get back... " She replied, shrugging and handing Grady the vaguely gun-shaped device that was occasionally coursing with purple sparks.

"Yeah, by itself though it's not enough for crime fighting..."
She let her hair cover her eyes as she looked down.

"I had to train in fighting and get a special super suit, made by Edna Mode... I know, she's expensive but my life could depend on it..."

Last edited:

Despite his confidence in his own toughness, Grady gingerly set the device back down on a table.

" Alright, let me call a guy, see if we can find someone who is a bit more of a tech guy than I am. I do security tech and I am good at it. But this, is a bit outside my specialty I think. "

He picks up a phone after a bit of number punching, starts to talk.

" Good morning Alfred, Yes thank you, I'm fine. That being said, I've run into a young lady who may be a long way from home. ( pauses ) Yes, human, gifted and friendly. Yes sir, looks like experimental tech interacted with her powers sir. ( pauses ) Yes sir, just what I was thinking. ( pauses ) Oh, I see, yes sir I understand, We will meet him there Sir, thank you so much, I will keep you appraised. "

He turns to look at her again.

"Alright miss Voyd, I am going to take you to meet a guy who will hopefully take us to meet a serious science guy. Will you pardon me for a moment ? "

He turns again walking a couple of steps to a convenient small living room fridge.

"I've got beer, soda and water here for you if you'd like. I'll get changed into something more business like. "

(( He was dressed in sweat pants and an old U2 band t-shirt. ))

He comes back dressed in his green super outfit, the hood down and puts on a long leather coat from a closet. He pulls another out, probably too small to be his and hand's it to Voyd. With his coat on, the green outfit isn't visible.

Again he takes out a phone.

" Good morning, I've had an incident, can you get one of our people out here and have a roof repair guy come out right away please ? Thanks!"

He takes Voyd out to a garage into a relatively new Ford F150 quad cab. The inside has been fancied up a bit.

" Lets go meet a guy "

@Michale CS @Dipper

She looks away when offered the drinks. I mean, she's in a guy's house, and he's offering her drinks. Karen really had little experience with guys, but she really liked both this guy's looks and his attitude. Plus, that accent. "Okay..." she managed to say, and while he was changing she went over and got a bottle of water to be polite.

She was holding it when Corvus came back. Her jaw dropped and the bottle of water slipped from her hands. Thankfully she portaled it back up to herself and caught it, but her face and upper chest got a healthy splash of water on it, causing her to emit a shrill, "Eep!" as the cold water hit her.

"Omygoshomygoshomygosh! You're a super! And I spoiled your secret identity!" She looked away, fidgeting with her hair. "I'm so so sorry! But... I do like the color of your super suit. That doesn't look like one of Edna's designs. Did you... make it yourself?"

Voyd followed Grady to the car, put on the coat, and got in as instructed, smiling over at him before she found a cupholder to put her water bottle in, bumping the radio on and sending music through the cab...

@Gands @Dipper

Last edited:

When Voyd splashes herself with her cute squeek, it does catch his attention. He looks over in time to see and hear her series of embatassed exclamations.

" It's okay, just keep the sectet from here on out. My hero name is Korvus. You have landed in Gotham, State of New Jersey."

" As they drive, he starts to talk again.

" I forgot to tell you about my outfit. My family on my mother's side made it. Enchanted leather with a few technological supplements. I don't think I've hear of Edna though. Your outfit looks good and you fill it out very nicely. What part of the country are you from?"

"I've never heard of Gotham...Oh, I'm from Springfield..." She replied, puzzled.

Voyd's eyes widened when she heard 'enchanted', and she paled when he said he hadn't heard of Edna. Every super knew of Edna.

"Oh my gosh! It can't- I've never- I mean I guess it's possible if my power- oh gosh... Mister Corvus? That means Raven, right? Anyway, Mister Corvus I think I portaled to an alternate universe! It must have been a power boost from that device! And now it's worn off! How am I supposed to get back now?!"

Voyd grabbed the water bottle and drank a deep gulp, then took a few deep breaths. "Keep it together, Karen... Okay, okay... We'll just take the Gizmo to your friend, they'll fix it and then I'll get zapped again with it, and I will make a portal home. But what if it's random? I guess we'll figure it out eventually..."

She drank some more water then looked at him, slowly calming down. "If I get stuck here, Mister Corvus, can you help me, uh settle in?"

@Gands

Reactions: Gands
Early evening brought with it a myriad of rather unusual events in Gotham. As such, when the call came and Alfred politely informed Damian of what was happening, he hadn't been surprised in the least. Standard procedure, which meant he got to suit up before sundown to deal with the problem by himself.

Alfred had kindly given him directions to the meet up place. Out of the way, but not so isolated that Damian was at risk. Twenty minutes of roof-hopping later, he found himself near an old corner store where the city was just a bit darker, just a bit gloomier than everywhere else. Perfect for a rendezvous. Perfect for an ambush.

He could handle it. Damian settled in and waited.

It didn't take long for the dark green 2015 Ford F150 to pull up nearby. Damian was aware through use of the legendary bat files that the person who contacted them was one Grady Murtaugh, aka Korvus. A known Gotham Vigilante with good underworld connections but no record. He has a reputation for being tough and owns a security systems company.

He gets out of the truck first, looking around. He looks back into the truck, saying something to another person inside, who then gets out, following him.

" This is the spot, this guy is thought to be very good, good enough to know if he's been followed or if the location is watched. I haven't personally interacted with him but I trust Alfred with my life. Follow me, keep close and keep your eyes opened.

Both are wearing long coats, superhero outfits underneath, Grady having pulled his hood up while still in the truck. He walks to a spot agreed to and waits.

@Dipper @Michale CS

Voyd looks, well, nervous. The body language didn't carry much self confidence at all. Her blue hair still made her distinctive, coat or no.

She kept quiet yet twitchy for now.

@Dipper @Gands

Not what he was expecting. No matter-- he could deal with this. He attached the end of his grapple to the parapet before descending into the alley, ever present frown hiding whatever amusement he may have regarding their... unfortunate appearances. Damian suppressed a smirk and addressed the first to arrive.

"Tell me what happened."

Details first, help later. A good code to live by.

Grady Murtaugh aka Korvus

"This young woman fell through my roof this afternoon. She told me she works with portals and she showed me how they work. She told me she was trying to get this gizmo from a van , it went off and affected her powers, so that when she used her portal to get away with the gizmo, she ended up in Gotham from Springfield, and perhaps not even in this universe. "

"Oh definitely not of this universe now that I've had a chance to compare a few things - the fact that Gotham is supposed to be the capital of a state - which I remember differently, in my world Trenton is the capital of New Jersey." She looked apologetically at Grady.

"You see, I was taking in all of the details I could from everything I could observe since my arrival, and have come to the conclusion that I'm in an alternate reality of some sort. I've a lot of evidence for it. Which makes fixing this thing imperitive - possibly. I came here seemingly randomly, there's no guarantee any portal I open if re-zapped with this thing would take me home.... oh I'm rambling again, I'm sorry." She looked down and away and let the men talk for now.

@Gands @Dipper

Last edited:
Slipping between dimensions? Both intentional and accidental, it was possible-- with Gotham's history, Damian wasn't surprised. He scowled at the woman's rambling and stepped toward them, dusting himself off. "Sounds like your doing," he huffed, arms crossed. "Head to the Wayne Corps. building. I will meet you there."

That was all Damian had to say before retreating into the shadows as he'd been taught. He would then return home to himself of his costume and join them at Wayne Corps.

Grady returns back to the truck, leading Voyd.

" Karen, a few pointers. Remember I said this kid was really dangerous ? His mentor is a superhero who is not Meta... but has connections with a guy who is really really wealthy. His mentor is called The Batman. Everyone knows him. You either fear him or respect him, or both. So, the kid is going to meet us at the wealthy guy, named Bruce Wayne, his company, Wayne enterprises, to get us in to see a tech guy. Karen, whatever they figure out, if you are stuck here, I have your back. "

He drives for a bit, knowing where the main Wayne Corp building is.

" I suppose I"ll keep the costume on. At some point I am going to need to get a different vehicle though, too easy to figure out who I am. At this point, that kid and his mentor and most of the bat family would have no difficulty figuring it out anyway. More like keeping the honest people honest right ? "

They pull up into the parking garage, Grady taking a non descriptive parking spot.

"Karen, when you aren't in costume, is your hair a different color ? "

They walk in, both in full costume into the lobby of Wayne Enterprises, in easy view of the main security desk, waiting for Damian.

@Michale CS @Dipper

"The Batman?" Voyd giggled despite herself. "That sounds like something a ten-year-old would make up." Calming, she listened to the rest of his advice.

"Well, yeah, this is a wig. I'm blond and my hair is shorter." She admitted. "I always wanted to get cyberhair so I could just change the..." She looked at Grady's blank expression in response to that term. "Oh, I guess they don't have that here. I know the wig is a bit much in costume, but it matches and seriously, it takes me so long to get into this thing, what's adding a wig? I'm not going to uh... spin around and change into my costume like Miss Hurricane back home. Oh... I'm rambling again. Sorry." Karen blushed a little as she got out of the car.

"And did you say... bat... family? What do you call that, a camp? Or is it a colony? I forget..."

@Dipper @Gands

"I wouldn't worry about the wig too much. It looks right with the outfit anyway. You must work hard to keep such an atheletic figure Karen. Anyway.. The Bat as we call him here in Gotham has been training up young sidekicks into full heroes for a long time. Even when they are done training... The are very loyal to him.. This guy we just met.. Well he isn't say.. As polite as some of the others have been sometimes. As a group.. Some call them the bat family. Remind me before we get home, to get you some clothes. "