Dr crane eats his breakfast listening to the briefing, he asks "what is the average response time for dooms troups? Not that I'm looking for trouble, just would like to know how long it would take for them to get to us if everything went wrong."

• Useful
Reactions: Michale CS
" Unlike our good teammate who likes to not ask questions, I do have a few queries. What shall we expect to find in the morning? Outside of the guards we are bribing, is there anyone else in the area we are entering that might wish to assist us or are we entirely on our own? But most importantly, how much longer until we leave?"
Dr crane eats his breakfast listening to the briefing, he asks "what is the average response time for dooms troups? Not that I'm looking for trouble, just would like to know how long it would take for them to get to us if everything went wrong."

"The building you are being delivered to is a Lord Technologies warehouse. Doom has... dealings with Lord. The people who work here haven't been affiliated with Lord for some time, but no one has bothered to check, since deliveries still come and go as scheduled. And... well, Doom is revered and loved in Latveria. The people enjoy a standard of living only rivaled by the best of the first world countries. But there are always people looking for more money. You can ask the men who unload the truck if you wish to find more such mercenaries, but I would caution against that. The less people that know why you are really in Latveria, the better. And we leave once all of your questions are answered and breakfast is done."

And she was true to her word. After breakfast was done, everything was loaded into the bobtail and there was an hour and a half ride. Half an hour into it, the members of the squad had to get into very large footlockers and stay quiet for a good twenty minutes as they passed into Latveria proper. They noticed the difference immediately. The roads were as smooth as the best maintained roads in the US, unlike the patchy and bumpy roads of Romania.

Finally, they stopped again, and they heard conversations in Latverian and Romanian outside. Finally, the rear of the truck was opened and two men stood there.

romanians.jpg
After they were paid, one of them spoke in a strange accent, as if a New Yorker taught him to speak English. "Okay, yous. Alarm is turned off. Code is 40013. Tuyn it on when ya leave, eh? There's valuable stuff in 'ere. Take what ya want. There's some weapons what is made from special alien stuff, may take a minit to figger them out."

Once the guys had moved on, they were free to look around the room. There were three motorcycles, Electric, of Stark make, and one hybrid vehicle that seemed to be sitting a little low to the ground for its size. With a little examination, it looked like it had been heavily bullet-proofed with solid rubber tires.

But the biggest surprise they got was those 'special weapons'. They looked like beam weapons of some kind, some pistols a few heftier rifles. But the crates they came in had an unusual logo on them...

Reactions: Gands
James Hunter/Bulwark

James listened to what the woman had to say about Lord and that they had weapons there. It was interesting to think about how they were being helped by tech that belonged to a stranger, but then again, things were certainly weird. He took a deep breath and nodded, ready to leave after he finished his breakfast and made sure to take his bag..

He would be quiet in the locker, twiddling quiet by gripping into his 3DS, using it as a focus point to not make any news. It worked as a good way to focus him. He would slide it into his bag after the twenty minutes and rezip his bag up. Once they arrived, he listened to the man. He had to wonder what poor New Yorker had taught him how to speak English. He didn't ask the man for anything, taking the other woman's advice. It was going to be hard enough to break him out, he didn't want to be the cause of a fuck up.

James examined the motorcycles, wishing he had learned to drive, but it wasn't exactly in his wheel house. He took a deep breath. " We definitely should take the van, it's bulletproof.... that symbol, I feel like I have seen it on the news before, though, I can't place where. It's been a few years. I'll take one of the beam ones, not a fan of using pistols... as you know," he said, taking one out.

@Michale CS @Breach @Cush Almight @Drixe @Gands @Ringmaster @Sonevar

• Thank You
Reagan Wyngarde aka Lady Mastermind

Reagan took a look at the pistols and other weapons. She, not unlike James had no inclination to deal with weapons. In her experience it would be easier for her to fly under the radar without them. She'd look over at Deathstroke...

" I'm not generally inclined to take a weapon unless you want me to Boss!"

Dr crane doesn't take a wepon, it's not his style. Plus he wasn't to great with them anyway. He would rely on his gas shooters hidden in his sleeves. Make of rubber and plastic they wouldn't ser off any metal detectors, and the gas canisters were sealed securely as not to be picked up by sensors.

Slade exited the bobtail in full gear. He didn't say much to the brothers, actually nothing. There was no point, they were paid for a job and they were fulfilling on it. one of the brother's English was shit. Sounded like he learned it from bad TV. Slade looked around the lord warehouse and came across so serious firepower. He looked at the crates and notices the familiar logo. "I've seen this logo somewhere...Can't for the life of me recall." When Mastermind asked if she should arm herself he rolled his eyes. "Of course Mastermind, unless you can fire lasers from your fingertips that is."

Slade was in agreement with Bulwork...but that motorcycle was screaming his name. "We'll take the van. It's built to take punishment." Stark made some fine bikes. He wasn't a fan of electric vehicles but they were much more practical. Quiet and fast, good for ops. Slade then turns to Crane. "You sure you wanna go without at least gun, things could get hairy and I won't save you?"

After the crew loaded up, it was time to go. Crossbones made a comment, then. "Yo, boss. We could probably fit one of the bikes in the van. Might be good to have a way to split up if we need to."

And indeed, the hybrid panel van had bench seats along the side, so everyone could sit in there comfortably, and unless prevented, Crossbones would rig up something using straps that were in the bobtail to secure the bike in the middle of the vehicle. Also, Rumlow had been playing with his phone, looking something up. "I knew it. These guns are alien tech. Fuckers are called Decepticons. Living robots, shapeshifters. But they make tech too. Sold it to HYDRA, Cobra, AIM, anyone who'd buy it. These here are probably the equivalent of Saturday Night Specials, but I bet they blow most stuff anyone else could make away." He grabbed a rifle and grinned.

And then, there was the map of the area, for the Mission Leader to choose where to go first:

1. There was a Detention Center, where Sterns was officially supposed to be, 3 miles due east.
  2. There was a mansion often used for diplomats and VIP visitors, about a mile south.
  3. There was Castle Doom. 2 miles north and looming over them all.
So, where do they go, or do they split up?

@Breach @Cush Almighty @Drixe @Gands @LuckycoolHawk9 @Ringmaster @Sonevar

Reactions: Cush Almighty
James Hunter/ Bulwark

"If I may make a suggestion based on our prior mission, it might be beneficial to split up, I managed to find a lot out at an unexpected place. If there is no objective, I want to take the bike we loaded up to the Detention Center, it sounds like there is nothing to find there and those are often the places where the most can be found, though the mansion is a strong second contender for that.
"

@Breach @Cush Almighty @Drixe @Gands @Michale CS @Ringmaster @Sonevar

Crossbones blinked. "Dude. I just strapped this fucker down. Why don't you take one of the other two? You can ditch it when you get back to the rest of us, or we can, fuck, I dunno, strap it to the roof. But, hey I'm not the leader, he may not want us to split up. Whatta you say boss?"

@Cush Almighty @LuckycoolHawk9

James Hunter/ Bulwark

" That's not a bad idea, I probably won't ditch it, it's honestly a very cool piece of tech to have. Stark may be a hero, but he still makes some pretty damn good tech. If it makes you feel better, I don't have to go alone there this time- unless you ant us to stink together, but seeing as there are three points of interest, it might be better to be sure."

@Cush Almighty @Michale CS

"Decepticons? I remember now. Nasty fuckers from what I hear. I wish these aliens fuckers would stay off my planet. Same goes for4 eyed other-dimensional demons and their gothic daughters." Slade was more than happy with taking the Bikes. "Take both bikes...just make sure they aren't living." Slade started looking at the van. "Nah...they wouldn't just be sitting here."

Slade turned to his team. "Alright, ladies we're moving out. Let's get the job done. My team is going to site 2. Save Doom's castle for last, and don't get noticed."

Grid nodded, once..Now clad in his new outfit and prepared to move out.

James Hunter/Bulwark

" As I said before, I'll go check out the Detention Center, but not before I examine these bikes,"
he replied, checking the Stark bikes to see what he could find out about them. Knowing Stark, he expected to be some sort of advanced tech, he had seen the footage of him talking to himself it looked like.

• Ah Seen It
The ghost would grab 2 of the guns, first the smallest, for easy concealment, second anything that looked like it could function as a rifle, then she went to wait in the van. She wasn't a strategist, let the others do the planning, she just followed orders and wondered which would kill her first, those orders or her condition.

• Ah Seen It
Dr crane just smiled at bane at his comment " i don't think so, but thanks for the concern. The last time i fired a handgun i lost tenure". Dr crane quickly decides where he wanted to go, saying " I'd rather head to the manson unless the group thinks I'm needed elsewhere ".

James Hunter/Bulwark

" As I said before, I'll go check out the Detention Center, but not before I examine these bikes,"
he replied, checking the Stark bikes to see what he could find out about them. Knowing Stark, he expected to be some sort of advanced tech, he had seen the footage of him talking to himself it looked like.
"Hello. I'm Jeni." The bike said. A holographic woman appeared, along with the description of the acronym was: Just Enough Necessary Intelligence.

"I'm the onboard AI for these three vehicles. What is my directive?"

@LuckycoolHawk9

Reagan, against her better judgement took one of the pistols, tucking it into her purse. She climbed into the van.

"Alright, did I miss who got picked for what team ? "

She didn't particularly care mind you, but she thought it would be good to know ahead of time.

• Useful
James Hunter/Bulwark

" Hi, Jeni, my name is....."
He paused, thinking if he should go with his codename. He hated it, but it was better than going with his real name. The AI was probably not too bright. " Bulwark. Your directive is to connect to the other parked bike and set a course for the Detention Center with those two bikes."

@Michale CS

• Useful
Crossbones spoke up."Hey, asshole. You aren't going anywhere alone. Take Bane with you, rather than an empty ass bike. I can follow in the bobtail on the off-chance Doom actually locked Sterns up where he told the world he did or if we end up needing the room for something else. Ninja dude, you're with me." He didn't even ask Slade - the boss had already told them to split up.

JENI, on the other hand, had used the GPS to plot the most efficient route to the Detention Center.

@Breach @Cush Almighty
@LuckycoolHawk9 @Drixe @Sonevar @Gands @Ringmaster

James Hutnter

" Fine, I'l take Bane with me. I had no intention of going alone, but nobody else was volunteering. at the time,"
he replied, really hating the idea that he had a whole team of four now and it involved people who he didn't normally work well with. Why did he take all of the loud people? Literally, excluding the nature, everyone as so trigger happy. He would have preferred to take Crane.

"Jeni, are you able to pull up any feed from around the Detnention Center or even it?" He asked the bike.

• Useful