Epic Crossover - Suicide Squad "Bayou Leave"

James looked over at him and nodded. Maybe if there was more to see, it would make things much clearer, though he doubted it would. He was starting to suspect the answer came from the realizer. " That would make sense, I don't see anything here that is going to help me or that wouldn't lead to another headache, so I would rather just move ahead, maybe it will make more sense the deeper we go."

At DuPree's home...

When they entered the living room, not much could prepare them for the sight...
dupree stasis.jpg
It looked like something from a science fiction movie. Three people, in some sort of stasis or torpor, were along one wall, with a large device in the middle of the room apparently the gizmo that was keeping them so. Each of the three are marked with tags on the screens built into their stasis devices. DuPree 616, DuPree 2144, Dupree 51693.

"It appears not only was DuPree able to see alternate versions of himself, but bring them hither. But why keep them on hold? Some sort of twisted immortality? I daresay that device looks part power source part portal... and look here..." He pointed out what looked much like a holster in the side of the device. "It is only a guess, but I say whatever goes in that slot is what brings the people here from other realities. If only we knew someone with ARMOR, they actually do number the universes we have contacted, including our own. It's not even clear at this point if our dead DuPree was of this reality at all, and the handiwork in the other room may be the product of one of these DuPrees. So... shall we just let sleeping DuPrees lie or defrost one of them to question, my dear comrade?"

@LuckycoolHawk9

You guys go ahead, I'll catch up. I can smell Slade's aftershave a mile away"

He smiled at his jest. He pulled out one of his battle hatchets and moved to the cop car. He inspected it first, to try and get an idea if the younger officer was alive and where he was exactly in there. His incredible sense of hearing would help him tell if there was breathing inside that vehicle. Once he had that, provided the young man was alive still in there, he would use his strength and extremely sharp hatchets to pry and cut the fellow out of his trap.

With the aid of his tools and amazing strength, it took just over a minute to get the wounded and unconcious, but breathing and not bleeding except from small abrasions, officer out of the police car. Long enough for the others to have disappeared into the bayou, but not beyond Warpath's tracking ability.

She explained that Grundy and a ghetto Iron Man, T. O. Morrow, were chasing Van Haaften who apparently had Deadpool levels of regeneration. Warpath told them to go ahead, saying he'll follow Slade aftershave to catch up. "It's alright chief, go get a low-fat latte, take your time."

"Come on guys, let's get this over with. From how it sounds, all 3 of these people earned a bullet. No mercy."

“I thank you for your information and warning. However, we are fully equipped and skilled. We can handle him, but if needed we have backup.” After Bane says that, he walks away from the officer and follows the path of destruction. Grundy feat of strength does not clear his strength level. Bane and the squad may able to beat him. If not, Bane still have the object from the avatar of the green.

The moment Bane stepped into the Bayou proper, the strange green growth that had attached itself to him dropped off and as it hit the mucky ground, it glowed an eerie green for a moment before disappearing. Swamp Thing was aware...

It wasn't really hard to track them, Morrow looked like he was in some sort of exoskeleton - a strange marriage between the exoskeleton from the original Alien and the armor that Lex Luthor had been seen in more than once - so apparently Morrow was the ghetto Iron Man the cop was referring to. Grundy was plodding toward the woman, who took occasional pot-shots at him with what looked like the same sort of pistol that they had found in DuPree's office. She wasn't a very good shot, but what she did hit was shredded. The woman was very pale, with strange almost die-cut patterns criss-crossing her whole body.

None of them had heard Deathstroke, Bane and Red Hood closing in on them over Grundy's bellowing, sometimes in very Creole sounding English, sometimes in French, and the noise that Morrow's suit seemed to be making. There was no way they'd get really close without being seen or heard, thick mud tends to not favor stealth, but they did have the drop on them at least for now.

@Dipper @Breach @Cush Almighty @Gands

James Proudstar AKA Warpath

Warpath indeed made quick efficient work of the trapped officer. Taking only another moment to make he was in good hands.

His senses were extremely keen. His olfactory was no exception. Despite the strong scent of rot, taking another moment to basically reduce that to background level.. He found himself able to concentrate of the scent trail left by his companions. He whispered a prayer to his grandfather for speed and stealth. Mixing the speed and dexterity of the Pronghorn and the jackrabbit with the stealth & cunning of the mountain lion... He took off after his friends. People watching might notice his feet only just barely touch the ground.

When he arrives, he will take a moment to assess the situation before attacking. One of his war hatchets in hand.

@Michale CS. @Breach. @Cush Almighty

James Hunter

James had found something out once again. He had no clue what was going on.

The more he saw this man's house, the more he wondered why anyone wanted to recruit this strange man. He had been pretty sure that the daughter had mentioned that like a group wanted Dupree and his tech. But sitting here, he had to wonder what made this man so strangely fascinated with himself. Different labels were also there as well.

" You know, the more we find out about this man, the more and more creepy and slightly crazy, it seems. He created a device to make someone their perfect self, has at least three versions of himself in a tank and a strange board. Add that on top of the fact that he seems to have a fetish for superheroes and apparently being a terrible person, I kind of wonder why any organization wanted to recruit him. I don't know much about universe numbering myself and well, we aren't going to find the answers out if we don't wake one of them and ask." James looked over at the DuPrees. Yeah, he had an idea who he wanted to awake. " I think we should defrost Dupree 51693. He seems to be more interesting the me to the other ones. Besides, what's- actually- no, I'm not saying that with my luck."

@Michale CS

Bane stares at the swamp environment around him. He can tell that the he won’t make far without getting notice. He looks at the trees. The tree/branches may offer a way for Bane to get Grundy fast. Bane whispers to his group, “I am going in.” Bane stealthy climbs on one tree and jump, on the other trees, his way close to Grundy.
@Michale CS @LuckycoolHawk9 @Gands @Cush Almighty

• Ah Seen It
Reactions: Michale CS
An Idea formed in Deathstroke head as he watched Morrow and Grundy close in on the girl. She was frantically shooting, missing most of her shots. The girl didn't look so well, bizarre even. The pattern shape on her body was familiar. As Bane made his way up a tree, Deathstroke slowly approached the two and when he was close enough her announced his presence.

"T.O.Morrow!" He shouted. "I'm here on the behave of The Society. I'm here to help you with whatever you need and to recruit you as a member. Luthor concocting some plan for world domination again. He said he needed some of your intellect to help him achieve this goal. You too Grundy. We'll have the world in a matter of days if you come with me."

He hoped Bane would take this time and do something with. Hopefully, he can keep this distracted long enough for Bane to take out Grundy. Slade can handle Morrow.

• Creative
At DuPree's home...

When Nygma figured out how to undo whatever stasis the man was in (and unbeknownst to James, set the other two to be released a couple of hours later), they sat back and waited.

"Thank God! You have to stop that alternate of me! He's from some strange world and he managed to shove me into the stasis chamber! He's planning on sacrificing the girls!" DuPree said.

"Ah. So quickly. A couple of questions. What's in your refrigerator right now?" Edward asked.

"Why is that relevant?"

"Someone from another reality is almost entirely going to have something different in there, yes? It's the most innocuous question that I could think of that is easily verifiable..."

DuPree rattled off a short list, and Nygma sent James in to verify the list, while holding that special gun pointed in this DuPree's general direction. It checked out, and Nygma was satisfied.

"It is my pleasure to inform you that the man who plotted to kill the powered women was instead himself killed by one. Might I inquire why you were collecting duplicates of yourself from other realities?"

"That was mostly unintentional. Experiments with the Realizer- Oh no! Where is that?"

"A very good question. One of your 'girls' has it, I imagine, being pursued by people who should definitely not have it, but thankfully, also by the rest of my team. Of course, you do realize you are under arrest. We are with ARGUS, but this is a clear violation of ARMOR policies. I believe we shall be turning you over to proper authorities soon."

"...fine. I only wanted to continue the betterment of mankind."

"...imagine my surprise. Mister Bulwark, if you would handcuff this man? You'll find a pair of them on the back of my chair."

In the Bayou...

In response to Deathstroke's 'bargain', Morrow paused.GloryHound_Exoskeleton.jpg "I'm intruigued. But since when are you the welcome wagon?"

Grundy, however, was too enraged to slow down. He was slogging through the bog toward VanHaaften, who finally got a good shot off. It went through his chest, burst out the back and the bullet slammed into a tree not far from where Bane was. This did slow Grundy down, however,and it looked like the best time to strike.
Solomon_Grundy_0003.jpg
Puzzler2.jpg
Warpath was now with the group as well, and the green patch that was stuck to Bane dropped off into the bayou... The Swamp Thing was coming...

@Dipper @Cush Almighty @LuckycoolHawk9 @Gands @Breach

Reactions: Cush Almighty
James Hunter

James waited while Nygma would figure out what was the right sequence of buttons that would be used to wake the man up from the stasis that he was currently in and how it could be used.

There was a little part of James that felt vindicated that he was right about coming back here, though the rest of the team had gone after the woman who had been influenced by the evil DuPree.

James would wonder if it was possible that the doppelganger had gotten to grocery shopping, but he didn't dare to say that a loud.

He was impressed by one thing. The logical approach that Nygma was using did make a lot of sense and was not something that he had expected him to use to verify what he needed to know.

James would walk over to the fridge as he would check it out. He was really surprised that the other Dupree hadn't gone shopping and gotten different food or thrown anything out. The milk even had the expiration date he had given.

He was wondering the exact same thing and that was something that he hadn't considered until this moment. He paused, but was a little confused by something though and decided it would be smart to ask.

" I'm a little confused though. I thought the Realizer just made you the best version of yourself. How come you have multiple versions of yourself?"

It did seem that at least a bit more of the puzzle was falling into place, but there was still one thing that didn't add up. " I do have a question for you. Did the X-Men Rogue and Gambit visit you at any point? While our primary mission is to make sure nobody is harmed- we were also told to be on the lookout for the X-Men and they had contact with you I believe."

James would go to the back of Nygma's chair and grab the pair of handcuffs to put them around the man who had managed to cause this much trouble. He didn't really have a witty line to say here.

@Michale CS

Reactions: Gands
The moment Grundy gets near the tree that Bane was on, Bane strike. Bane knew he needed everything he had and whisper, “Shalom”. He body is filled with power and speed. Bane made a few adjustments to the venom serum . One is that he does not require tubes, but nano machines,inside his body, to release the venom. The second is that his muscles does not grow, which helps on keeping his mobility. He jumps down and aim well place hits on different part of Grundy body. Only those, who are skilled fighters, would see that Bane is using the style of a certain dark knight, more specifically one for fighting large and strong enemies.
@Michale CS @LuckycoolHawk9 @Cush Almighty @Gands

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thank You
James Proudstar aka Warpath

Warpath arrived on the scene and watched for a few moments. In time to see Deathstroke try his recruiting ploy. Warpath didn't care much for Deathstroke, but he did respect his abilities, he was certain the terminator could handle T.O. Morrow, at least for the moment.

Then he looked over at Bane, another smart guy who was very capable indeed. He watched the big guy jump out of the trees to start fighting Grundy. Warpath's fighting skills were more recently developed, but he was strong & fast. He also had the adamantium fighting hatchets.

He jumped out of his own tree to join Bane. For now using only one hatchet. He kept on the opposite side of Bane, moving when the other man did, keeping Grundy off balance, irritated and distracted so that Bane could do damage.

• According to Plan
"I do whatever is needed Morrow." As he said that, his teammates took action. Bane and Warpath attacked Grundy, probably in the process letting Vanhelsing run for it. Deathstroke then quickdraws his sword and shotgun and jumps at Morrow. "And you have an appointment with Aunt Jemima, she needs liposuction." He slashed at one of the exposed tubes assuming it would help hinder Morrow's suit. She then fires his shotgun near Morrows ear as a warning. "Waller wants you and the weapon the puzzled girl has. I assume she wants to give you a job or make you apart of her team. Ditch Grundy and come with us." He said this authority. He was growing tired of this and wanted to go back to his cell. He was still drunk or buzzed as he would put it.

Down on the Bayou...
Grundy, beset by both Bane and Warpath, was directed away from Deathstroke and completely forgot about Valerie VanHaaften.

...but not everyone did.

Todd followed her, jumping and grappling from tree to tree until he was able to land in front of her.

"Hand over the device, VanHaaften, and this doesn't have to go any further." Red Hood threatened, moving forward, pistols drawn.

"Sure. I just have to do one thing first." She dropped to one knee as Todd approached carefully. As he did, she suddenly stood and blasted Todd right in the face with the Realizer.

Everything went black for him as his body was rocked by a thousand visions of what he could be, what he was, what he might be. When he awoke, he discovered that she'd kept her promise and left the Realizer behind, along with a note. "It takes a few days to kick in. I wonder who you'll be when it does? - Val."

"Fucking perfect." He pocketed the Realizer, and decided right then that his 'teammates' didn't need to know he got a faceful of it before he got it.

Meanwhile...

Grundy was for the most part, tanking the hits from Bane, apparently he was pretty strong this time. Even the Adamantium hatchet strikes took most of Warpath's prodigious strength to leave any kind of injury, which seemed to heal almost as fast as they were inflicted. But, they were wearing him down. With a roar, Grundy decided he had enough and with a sudden wild haymaker, struck both Bane and Warpath, sending them flying, causing bruises surely, and were it not for the soft surface they landed on, broken bones upon impact would have followed.

"My name is Solomon Grundy. And I'm sick and tired of dying." He started to stalk toward Bane, but he only got three steps before the Bayou itself wrapped around him and pulled him under.

A sickly green glow eminated from below the surface of the deep mud. Obviously the fight between the Green and the Grey continued there...

At the damage to his suit, Morrow sighed. "You see, I knew who I was working with, and that he was volatile and likely to break things. So I prepared for this." A faceplate slammed down over Morrow's face as a strange vapor burst out from the suit for about a yard in every direction, and due to the fact this fight was happening in thick mud, even Slade's battle precognition didn't warn him with enough time to get out of the way of all of it. It was cold , but also, it was laced with something that caused Slade to feel like he was moving in slow motion.

"Feeling a little sluggish, Deathstroke? A new development of mine. Nanotech nerve agent. Right now, millions of little robots are moving into place, insulating electrical impulses in your body. The signals your brain is sending to your body are simply being blocked. And since it's not actual damage, you can't regenerate your way out of this one."

He leaned in. "...and when they reach your brain, ironically, you'll have a stroke which may cause your death."

Morrow began to walk away while Slade felt his body attempting to rewire itself to generate new nerve endings to compensate for the ones blocked. But he knew everything was slowing down. Unless stopped, he had a few hours at most to live. But surely, Morrow could stop what he started, eh? Or knew of a way to undo it? Too bad he was going to get away...

Thankfully, when Morrow began to walk away, he looked over and saw... no Grundy. No VanHaaften.

And a very angry Bane and a man on the Warpath... "...uh oh."
thomas-morrow-justice-league-war-0.23-1.jpg

With Riddler and Bulwark...

It didn't take long for ARGUS to show up to bring DuPree in, and within minutes, the pair were headed to an unused water tower, which is where he had hidden Rogue and Gambit. He explained it was he and a few of his alternate selves that had managed to ambush the mutant pair. Not knowing what to do, he simply rigged up a couple of his stasis chambers in the abandoned water tower and wired it to the city's power grid so they'd stay in stasis until he figured out what to do with them.

Needless to say, Anna and Remy were extremely pissed off when they were released, but by that time DuPree was in custody, and the official ARGUS story was that the DuPree that died at the university was the 'only' DuPree, so Riddler and Bulwark just had to tell the former X-Men that DuPree was dead to assuage their rage.

Of course, it took some time to resolve all of this, so Bulwark didn't even have to flex one muscle of his power to finish the mission.

However... a video call came in just then. From the Boss herself...
waller smaller.jpg"I have a follow up mission for you. Extra credit, as it were. It will double the amount of time we take off your sentence, and I'll make the same offer to the others. I need you to track down the metahumans that DuPree created and see if any of them need to be... rehabilitated. Basically put the fear of me into them if they don't stay on the straight and narrow... up to it?"

@Breach @Cush Almighty @Gands @Dipper @LuckycoolHawk9

Last edited:
Slade breathed in the cold gas, his precognition waned him but the mud made it tuff to get away in time. His nanites were able to slip past his suits filtration ability, but the suit warned him of the microscopic machines. "What in hell you just-" He felt his body slowing, him regenerating on the inside. "Er..." He grunts as he falls to one knee. He manages to use his sword to keep himself up. "You...Damn incel. I..I'm-"

James Proudstar aka Warpath

Warpath got himself out of the muck quickly. He whispers an Apache prayer to Thunderbird as he runs towards Morrow. Again his feet are just barely touching the muddy wet. Though it's apparent he is covered in swamp filth. This enables him to move quietly, at least a little while Morrow is explaining how his gizmo will kill off the infamous Wilson Slade.

Now, to be completely honest, he really couldn't care less if Slade became a shade. That being said, allowing Morrow to do it goes completely against how James Proudstar does things. For the moment the complete asshat that is Wilson Slade is on his team, so he can't just stand there and watch this happen.

He has put away his hatchets, as he intends to convince Morrow that he made a mistake trying to kill Deathstroke. One arm going around Morrow's front, to wrap hopefully around his neck, while his other hand begins to rip pieces off Mister Science.

" I hope you have a cure Mister Science, cause when I run out of armor, I'm going to rip pieces of you off instead. Waller can bill me! "

• Nice Execution!
James Hunter

" Amanda, I would be more than happy to help track some of the other criminals and girls that DuPree and his other world doppelganger helped to make. Time off is something I wouldn't mind. I don't even remember how much I had originally, but less is always better. I wouldn't mind striking the fear of those heroes, it would be awesome," he replied back to her. He waited to see how she would respond to that.

@Michale CS

• Spicy
Post an Epilogue post for each of your characters, and if you wish to participate in the follow up mission, that will run in a separate thread. @Cush Almighty if you wish to either run or just pick the scenario for me or @Gands to run as the next Suicide Squad mission with Slade as the team lead, let us know in Discord

Last edited:
Down on the bayou...

"W-wait! An EMP of sufficient size would take them out. But you've ruined my armor, so any hope you have of using me to save him is gone." Morrow said, with the witty retort even though his life was threatened. I mean, Warpath wouldn't kill a guy for being snarky, would he?

As if on cue, Todd suddenly appeared in a tree nearby Deathstroke. "Oh look how the assholes have fallen. Thankfully, I don't get out of this assignment by letting my teammates die, despite any leanings I might have to the contrary." Red Hood waved a batarang at Slade. "Oh look, an EMP generator. Should short out all those little motherfuckers in your blood, but it'll probably fuck your suit up for awhile, even though it's hardened. Oh well, small sacrifices. I just hope your suit isn't so hardened to the EMP that the nanites survive. Just remember... Slade... you owe your life to me. " With that, he tossed the 'rang lightly, bopping off of Slade's suit before the EMP fried it and thankfully, the nanites who were just too damned small to be shielded from it. Todd was right, the EMP was powerful enough to fry the suit... for now at least. After the charge dissipated in a couple hours would be the telling point. Was the Bat's toy strong enough to cause permanent damage to the suit? No one knew at this point, and by the time Slade was well enough to give any sort of witty retort to Todd, he'd disappeared into the bayou.

Todd had his own problems.

So did the rest of them, as both Swamp Thing and Grundy resurfaced, locked in a battle where they were literally hitting each other with trees. Now was the time for a swift exit, as both of them looked like they'd somehow powered up in their battle below the surface of the muck.

At Site 61...

Nygma and Bulwark were soon joined by the rest of the party, as it seemed far over their pay grade to get entwined in a fight between Grundy and Swamp Thing, when they had all of their objectives. Todd... wasn't there. He'd left the Realizer in the SUV that Bane, Warpath and Slade had arrived in - after scanning it thoroughly. Bruce would need all the info he could get on the thing since Todd had been zapped by it. He didn't tell anyone that had happened, especially not Slade or Waller. Needless to say, Todd was not going to be on the follow up mission. In fact, it was revealed later that he was never tagged with anything to begin with. When he got back to Bruce, who was able to analyze and disable the literally normal BB pellet that had been implanted in him, all they found was a micro inscription on it that said "Thank You". And no matter how Todd tried to pry it out of him, both Bruce and Alfred insisted they had no idea that Waller hadn't tagged him or that he was going to be shanghaied into the mission to begin with.

Waller was a stone cold bitch, though, so calling her bluff would have been a bad bet.

Eventually, Waller would make another video call to the group. "So, Mister Wilson... I'm prepared to fully fund the repair of your gear and move you into a leadership position - meaning I show you a list of current objectives, and you pick your objective and team - each mission deducting more time from your sentence, and... Hell, actual pay so you don't have an aneurysm at working for free. Or... if you want to be stubborn and not take the promotion, I'll move you onto my training team along Taskmaster, where you'll be stuck training ARGUS agents and potential Squad members. Of course, the promotion means you'll have to show initiative and do my little follow up mission here. Think it over, take two days. All of you, rest up and we'll tackle the follow up after we've let ARGUS take a crack at what DuPree's device does. If we can find a weakness or a reversal process, all the better."

@Breach @Cush Almighty @Dipper @Gands @LuckycoolHawk9

The Hood saved him, he could be dead if it wasn't for that brat. Red Hood utilized an EMP to shut down the nanites that were flowing through Slade's blood. Slade chuckled at Red Hood reminding him he owed his life to him. "Alright, I remember kid, I remember my debts." Slade found his suit was down, but he was sure it would recover in a few hours. The mission had concluded with them getting what they came for and Swamp thing and Grundy fighting to the death. Slade wanted no part of that mess.

When the group was all together, excluding Red hood, they received a call from Waller. The bitch actually made a smart decision. Instead of enslaving Slade, She'll hire him as Deathstroke and have him lead this little squad of hers. "I'm liking what you're telling me, Waller. Sad it took this long. In other words, I'm accepting the promotion. I'm the only bastard on the team capable of being the leader."

Hearing her mention that Argus would repair the IKON suit made Slade shrug. He wasn't worried about the EMP that Hood use, more about the nanite gas Morrow employed. The suit was sending him warnings of system failure and hardware malfunctions. That EMP probably ain't help the suit either. If he received news that suit would need long term repair, he'll go classic for the next mission.

• According to Plan
James Hunter

" I can certainly see that you are going to be a great leader. As I already told Amanda, I am very interested in helping with the follow-up mission. Still have a ton of energy since I didn't really get to get much action around here, but it turned out to be useful to follow that hunch," he said, taking a deep breath and wondering what the pay would be like. He of course, didn't ask that aloud. Hopefully, he wouldn't be a part of the Suicide Squad forever.

@Michale CS @Cush Almighty

Warpath

James Proudstar finished stripping Morrow of the remainder of his ghetto iron man suit. He crushed and destroyed every last bit of it before leaving. He seemed moody of course, involved in someone else's conflict for people who didn't care about him and getting nothing out of it. On the plus side, it was a brief façade of freedom. He had made a promise to Penguin to watch out for the disabled Riddler.

He travels to the site #61 with the others. He heard the message from Waller. A hearty congratulations to Slade and a promotion to boot. Red Hood gone with just himself, Riddler and the other James to work with Slade. He was very concerned in his mind, that he was being used.. that in the end, he would get nothing from this at all. On top of which.... He didn't like Slade, he granted the man was smart and tough. But, he was in fact a grade A Caucasian Ass-hat.

He sat down, cross legged on the ground outside site #61. He spoke to no one in particular.

"Grandfather, I helped with the task of the Buffalo woman. Bad men were stopped. I did a favor also to a former boss. My path is hidden from me. I worry all of this is part of a greater dark thing in the works. Buffalo woman has a powerful tongue and many connections with the Government I don't trust. Help me Grandfather, I don't trust the Buffalo woman, or her new henchman Slade. "