Epic Crossover - Suicide Squad "Bayou Leave"

James Hunter

" Come on professor, we got to go to the nice lady's house where you forgot your medication,"
he said, before attempting to wheel the Riddler into the van. He waited to make sure that Jason wasn't going to come with them before he would fully finish putting their "Overwatch" into position.

@Michale CS @Breach @Dipper

• Ah Seen It
Reactions: Michale CS
Jason could hem and haw all he wanted, these people would go where they wanted whether he liked it or not. Scuffing his boot against the pavement and offering only a grumble to confirm that he'd go along, Jason looked up, frown deepening. "Whatever. Let's just go. But Dupree comes next. If I have to head out on my own, then I will."

• Ah Seen It
At Site 61...

"Duude! You've gotta totally be on the football team, right? I mean look at you!" Jessie replied to James. [ Jessie James, get it? Nice - DP ]
Dana nodded. "I don't know know her, but she used to be a class A recluse like the rest of us. Then she started those special classes with that perv science teacher and suddenly she's all Kara Zor-El. I thought she was just blowing the teacher for a good grade."
"Hey, Dana, does that work for TAs too? Because I grade Miss Zoe's papers for her. Don't you have her government class?"
"Fuck off, Jessie. Now I know why you cosplay Deadpool."
"Hate the costume not the player."
Dana suddenly laughed and punched Jessie in the shoulder, and they moved on, unless James had more questions.
Once that little exchange was over...

When they arrived at Valerie Van Haaften's home...

21796797-mmmain.jpg

A significant number of New Orleans' finest were interviewing neighbors.Her home and one to either side were cordoned off with police lines.
"Apparently, this just happened. A female in... body armor according to the officer in question... came out of Miss Van Haaften's home, and carjacked a man leaving his home next door. At least that's what I get from the police scanner. From what I'm able to hear... there are two other suspects at large, one described as a white man of about age forty, and the other as a large albino. Anyone want to guess who those two are? We could stay here and see what we can glean, or I can continue following the police chatter to find out where they're chasing the armored woman, or we could divide again. This is one time we can actually flash our ARGUS IDs and possibly get answers, hmm? But time is of the essence... tick tock..."

@Breach @Cush Almighty @Dipper @Gands @LuckycoolHawk9

Last edited:
James Proudstar aka Warpath.

"If time is tight, I think we should listen to figure out where the woman is heading. If we think we have a little bit, then getting more answers here will be better in the long run"

• Ah Seen It
Deathstroke got to work, walking directly to a police officer. "Sir!" He shouted through his mask as he walked up to the senior officer on the scene. He flashed his Argus ID and started asking questions. "ARGUS agent. I need to you tell me who the woman was in the recent carjacking and any information about the two other men at large. We've been tracking those two for some time now, and if they're not apprehended the consequences could be dire."

"Who are these guys? And aren't you..."

"Don't worry about me. I'm ARGUS, I'm here on government authority. The men we are hunting are likes of T.O. Morrow and Solomon Grundy. We want to handle this without calling Justice League in and losing a city block in the process. Save the taxpayers some money."

• Nice Execution!
"Huh," Jason said distantly. "Huh."

One peak into the house's side windows proved that most of the house was packed with investigators. Outside, a ring of officers held back the tide of curious neighbors. Slade appeared to have the same idea Jason did, but Jason made no move to follow him. He stood back, away from the closely-packed bodies.

"Let's track her down. Cops aren't gonna know much, but maybe the neighbors will have seen a thing or two."

• Thank You
Bane stands imposing as he says, “ I would say we should separate into teams. I would follow the lead for Grundy.” Bane looks for traces and signs of the dead man. Bane wants to deal with Grundy because he is unpredictable, especially level of power. His strength, for every time he comes back, varies, like he could be as strong as Bane on venom or Superman.

@Michale CS @Dipper @Cush Almighty @Gands @LuckycoolHawk9

• Ah Seen It
James Hunter

" We should go after the woman. We want to catch her and we aren't going to be able to do that if we don't follow her.Though the chatter might seem great, it won't be helping us in the long run. Faster we catch her, faster we can get to Dupree's house, find our missing X-Men and go home. Though probably not in that order."

@Michale CS @Dipper @Cush Almighty @Gands @Breach

• Thank You
According to the information that they were able to gather, with Todd talking to a neighbor and Slade to the police, the "body armored" girl threw some random passerby out of his car and took off in it, and a panel van with the "White and Whiter" as the neighbor called it, took off after her by about a minute, after they argued in front of the van for awhile.

"Using ARGUS files, I have gotten the GPS tag of the car that apparenly our Miss Van Haaften is driving. Currently, it's... well that's interesting, when I traced the path I surely thought she was headed for the airport, but its stationary at the edge of The Bayou Sauvage National Wildlife Refuge. Maybe she has been contacted by that same entity that spoke with our Mister Bane. It certainly would make sense to draw him into a nature setting. We could definitely lose our technology in the muck there, should something happen, and digging in a wildlife refuge for salvage is most likely even above ARGUS' power. Optics first, after all. So, shall we away? I doubt they would be chasing our Miss Van Haaften if she didn't have the device, or at least know it's location..."

[[ Last chance to do anything other than move to the confrontation with Morrow, Grundy and Van Haaften. Please do a quick post below if you want to do anything but follow her, otherwise, the next update will be December 26th to allow us some holiday time and it will be the big one. Please leave a reaction to this post when you've seen it! ]]

• Ah Seen It
Reactions: Dipper and Gands
James Hunter

" I actually still want to go back to the dead professor's house. I feel like we are missing something and it will make sense when we get there. Like chasing after them is important, but all we know is the professor was kinky and probably got killed by her. I feel like there's something there... maybe a trail that explains where Gambit and Rouge are or you know, maybe they got trapped there themselves. "

@Michale CS

"Well then, since my wheels will be of no use in the Bayou, I can call the van and you and I can proceed to the Professor's home? Surely Proudstar, Slade, and Hood can handle the other, especially when Bane calls in the Swamp Thing. Any opposed?" Nygma proposed.

@Breach @Cush Almighty @Dipper @Gands @LuckycoolHawk9

James Hunter

" I'm pretty sure all of our guys can hold their own against those people and yeah, I don't think your wheelchair is going to do us any good in the Bayou,"
he hoped that none of them opposed that. It wasn't that he didn't want to fight, but there was this nagging feeling that they had missed something important.

@Breach @Dipper @Gands @Cush Almighty @Michale CS

• Ah Seen It
"Trudging through the sludge wasn't on my list of activities for the day. But I'll live." Boots scraping on the pavement, Jason offered no more than a mild shrug. "Aaand I'm gonna regret this..."

• Ah Seen It
"I'm all for going after Miss Van Haaften, the others can check the professors home. Just get the search over quick so we can kill Grundy and take T.O.Morrow in. You got anything else we should know Riddler? Grundy is an unpredictable advisory. His constant flux in power and intelligence is troublesome."

"Stop complaining boy. A little slug ain't gonna kill you. You're a vigilante in Gotham City, you've seen worse." He said once hearing the man complain about walking through the bayou.

James Proudstar aka Warpath.

Proudstar was concerned about Riddler and James going off by themselves. But, he was told to not judge Edward Nygma by the wheelchair alone. Old man Cobblepot was convinced that in some ways, the Riddler was more dangerous with the added advantage of people underestimating him.

"Alright Mister Nygma, I'll go with the others to confront Grundy and Morrow. What can we expect from the scientist by the way, any of you ever deal with him before ?"

At Professor DuPree's home...

The van pulls up to the unassuming little ranch-style house, but something feels... off about the place. Once they disembark from the van and approach the door, Nygma pauses. "I've felt something like this before. Back before Waller... recruited me. I was apporached by a strange fellow, goes by the name Ringmaster. Said he had something that allowed people to see alternate versions of themselves, loaned it by some mob boss, he said. He showed me it briefly, and the feeling I must say was quite disturbing."

The door to the attached garage clicked unlocked. "No cause for... alarm, Bulwark. That was just me disabling the security system. The smarter phones get, the dumber home security systems get. Ah, but no time to wax poetic. In we go." As they entered, they found no car in the garage, but something that was probably a bit unexpected, considering information they had on DuPree had only given them the vibe that he was using his gizmo to fuel a superheroine fetish...

coc shrine.jpg

Riddler, however, was already starting to piece this together. "Yellow King, Carcosa... fictional, or so they say... but with that device of his, perhaps it is related to that little trinket that Ringmaster had when he asked me to work with him those years ago. I think I remember a bit from the short story..."

Along the shore the cloud waves break,
The twin suns sink behind the lake,
The shadows lengthen
In Carcosa.

Strange is the night where black stars rise,
And strange moons circle through the skies,
But stranger still is Lost Carcosa.
Songs that the Hyades shall sing,
Where flap the tatters of the King,
Must die unheard in
Dim Carcosa.

Song of my soul, my voice is dead,
Die thou, unsung, as tears unshed
Shall dry and die in

Lost Carcosa. "

Nygma shrugged. "We can piece through this all later, yes? Shall we see if Hastur, the The King In Yellow, lord of undeath, awaits us in the next room?" He laughed and waved a hand at James. "I jest, but if he was obsessed somehow with undeath, perhaps that is how Grundy figures into all of this yes? Onward... unless, you want to poke around here some more before we do..."

@LuckycoolHawk9

At The Bayou Sauvage National Wildlife Refuge.

Once Bane, Red Hood, Warpath, and Deathstroke arrive at the refuge, they see both the carjacked vehicle and the panel van that was chasing after it here, as well as a police car. That last was upside down on top of another car in the parking lot.

A harried female police officer tried to warn them off. "Grundy's here. Along with some guy in a ghetto Iron Man suit, they were chasing this- this woman - this thing. Ghetto Iron Man shot her and she... blew up, but... just... put herself back together and ran into the bayou, and they followed her. they wanted something she was carrying. I heard you were with ARGUS but this is serious. Grundy just... picked up my car and turned it over. My partner... Poor rookie. I don't think he made it, but hell if I have a way of digging him out of the driver's seat now..."

@Gands @Cush Almighty @Dipper @Breach

Reactions: Cush Almighty
James Proudstar aka Warpath

James unfolded himself out of the vehicle as he listened to the officer. Right then he was certain he could get that guy out of the mashed up cop car. He wasn't certain any of the others would bother trying.

You guys go ahead, I'll catch up. I can smell Slade's aftershave a mile away"

He smiled at his jest. He pulled out one of his battle hatchets and moved to the cop car. He inspected it first, to try and get an idea if the younger officer was alive and where he was exactly in there. His incredible sense of hearing would help him tell if there was breathing inside that vehicle. Once he had that, provided the young man was alive still in there, he would use his strength and extremely sharp hatchets to pry and cut the fellow out of his trap.

• Ah Seen It
James Hunter

At Professor DuPree's home...

James was more confused by the appearance of the residence of the professor. For a man who was willing to do horrible things to women for his kink, he had expected something different than what he was given. A quaint unassuming little house. It didn't fit anything he had seen before. He hadn't heard anything like that before, but he believed Riddler that it was unsettling to think about. Seeing an alternate version of himself was something he would rather not think about. Who knows how different they could be?

He looked over and groaned at Riddler's pun. He didn't have a single thing to disagree with their. As someone who stole from people to get by, it had certainly gotten easier in the age of smartphones as people barely paid attention to where they were going, let alone who was going with them. It was weird to look around the room and not see a car. Why was none of this information lining up to what they knew about Dupree and how he acted around other people though as well.

" I'm starting to suspect that Dupree was a victim of his own invention as well. It says that it makes you the best version of yourself, perhaps the version that was murdered was his best version, as unsettling as that sounds. I believe I have seen this in a game. How true memories turn us into monsters and change who we fundamentally are."

James looked over at him and nodded. Maybe if there was more to see, it would make things much clearer, though he doubted it would. He was starting to suspect the answer came from the realizer. " That would make sense, I don't see anything here that is going to help me or that wouldn't lead to another headache, so I would rather just move ahead, maybe it will make more sense the deeper we go."

@Michale CS

• Thank You
The Squad arrived at the refuge to find the carjacked vehicles and a flipped police cruiser. A screaming officer had run towards them and noticed that they were ARGUS agents. She explained that Grundy and a ghetto Iron Man, T. O. Morrow, were chasing Van Haaften who apparently had Deadpool levels of regeneration. Warpath told them to go ahead, saying he'll follow Slade aftershave to catch up. "It's alright chief, go get a low-fat latte, take your time."

"Come on guys, let's get this over with. From how it sounds, all 3 of these people earned a bullet. No mercy."

@Dipper
@Gands
@Breach
@Michale CS

Bane and the squad make it to the scene, where there is a damage police car and a police woman. Bane Bane turns to the female officer and said, “I thank you for your information and warning. However, we are fully equipped and skilled. We can handle him, but if needed we have backup.” After Bane says that, he walks away from the officer and follows the path of destruction. Grundy feat of strength does not clear his strength level. Bane and the squad may able to beat him. If not, Bane still have the object from the avatar of the green.

@Michale CS @Cush Almighty @LuckycoolHawk9 @Gands @Dipper

Last edited by a moderator: