3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Urban Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Modern, Horror, Magical... pretty flexible.
This is an adventure in the Epic Crossover universe. While sign up for this mission is closed many more are available, including some chat role-playing by accessing our Discord Server

Role-play extras are here.

Players are recently "recruited" Suicide Squad members, who are first gathered in New York, and then transported by plane to New Orleans.
Our current team:
Edward Nygma/The Riddler (paralyzed from the waist down, playing an overwatch role):
20164.jpg
Michale CS - PC/NPC
Warpath (from Marvel):Gands
Bane (DC): Breach
James Hunter (OC Mutant/Marvel): LuckycoolHawk9
Jason Todd/Red Hood:Dipper
Slade Wilson/Deathstroke the Terminator: Cush Almighty

Once the plane touches down, the team is lead to a the building of a small newspaper, the Gambit Weekly, which focuses on food and entertainment reviews.

In the back room, they're greeted by a tall, thin woman with red hair and a strange pink glint in her eyes. "Please, sit." She gestures to a couple of large couches in the room, while she leans on the front of a desk.

"Mah name is Demi LeBeau, and for the next little while, y'all are mah team and mah responsibility. Why y'all were brought here is because my Ma and Pa have gone missin'. They, along with me, would do little side jobs for Miss Waller now an then. But they neva came back from their last run, and accordin ta their last message, they had somethin that could be right dangerous in the wrong hands."

She paced around her desk and turned a monitor to face them. "Them's my parents."
Rogue-and-Gambit-wallpaper-wp5408316.jpg
"Y'all probably know em as Gambit and Rogue. What y'all probably don't know is my Ma doesn't have the strength and all from Miss Danvers no more, but she do still can take powahs if she touches ya. They was doing this job for Miss Waller, which is ta convince one Dr. Archibald DuPree, to work for either ARGUS or the DEO, because his research was dangerous if it got into the wrong hands..."

images (1).jpeg

She hit a button and the image changed. "That's the doctor."

"Thing is, apparently the wrong hands found the doc about when my parents did. And this fella is pretty obsessed with new technology. His name is Thomas Oscar Morrow." The picture changed again.

to-morrow-young-justice-22.3.jpg
"Y'all's job is to recover the tech, find out what happened to mah parents, and bring Morrow in, preferably alive. The tech is a little gun-like thing that DuPree calls the 'Realizer', an it is supposed ta make people exposed to it into a 'better' version of themselves. ARGUS thinks this'll be used ta make an army of super-soldiers. Before I go into details about our last leads, y'all got any other questions?"

Last edited:
Reactions: Cush Almighty
Bane looks at the daughter,Demi, of two well know X-men; She may someone to keep an eye later on in the future. For now, Bane listens to her explaining about the mission, like how her parents being missing and the tech fanatic scientist named Thomas Oscar Morrow. One thing that catches Bane’s attention was the part of when Demi mentions, “The tech is a little gun-like thing that DuPree calls the 'Realizer', an it is supposed ta make people exposed to it into a 'better' version of themselves.”Bane turn his head towards Demi, “Do we know if this Realizer been used on anyone?”

Last edited by a moderator:
"Huh," Jason tipped his head back to glower at the ceiling. "Huh. Stupid name, but I get the urgency. I'll second that question."

If they were going to get their hands on this thing, they first needed a trail to follow. Where it was seen last, who was seen with it, who had been affected so they could narrow down potential locations.

James Proudstar aka Warpath

"It seems unlikely she'd know that. Though I do have another question, do you have any pieces of clothing that both of your parents have worn a lot or recently ?"

He has been largely quiet throughout, until now.

"Perhaps with a little luck, some of my brilliant partners can find your parents and the scientist. "

Last edited:
James Hunter (Codename to be determined)

" So, I just want to make sure that I got everything straight. Morrow, probably a bad guy, most likely captured your parents, stolen this doctor's research, made a dangerous weapon that he dumbly called the Realizer. We don't have to rescue the doc though? He wasn't captured or nothing. Just double checking because there's a major difference between rescue/uncover what happen to the superheroes, capture the crazy guy and recover the tech as opposed to rescue the tech and the doctor that goes with it, rescue or uncover what happened to the superheroes and capture the crazy guy. Anything we need to know about Morrow? Is he just rich and obsessed with tech or is he someone who is evil with powers?"

Reactions: Gands
deathstroke11var.jpg

New Orleans, a city with a soul. He's been here a couple times, and he usually meets someone weird or better yet, something weird. But that was then, and this was now. Slade followed the rest into the newspaper building and received a quick breathing on why they were in town. Demi was the daughter of Ms. and Mr. X, Rogue and Gambit. He knew they both were threats, and was surprised that they were working for the evil witch of Belle Reve. What were they getting out of it in return?

Their daughter explained that they went missing when trying to convince Dr.Dupree to join up with A.R.G.U.S. or DEO. He created a weapon that could possibly turn someone into a supersoldier. The person behind the vanishing was no other than Dr. T.O. Morrow, a loser in Deathstroke's opinion. "What is the U.S. governments obsession with genetically enhance soldiers? Sooner or later, this is going start a superhuman arms race and the only people who are going to benefit from it is people like me." He commented as he took a seat in a wooden chair.

"I'll get the technology and Morrow, as for Rouge and her other half, no promises. Won't risk my life on saving some mutants I don't even know. Their X-Men aren't they, why haven't you taken it upon yourself to call for help? Waller be damned, this is family your talking about." Things were obviously more complex than that, Slade was just trying to uncover the reasoning on this. "Working with Waller means your doing something you'd want to keep out of the light."

@Michale CS @Breach @Dipper @Gands @LuckycoolHawk9

"Good questions, all." She stood and went to a tall cabinet, opening it. Inside were the 'old school' costumes for both Rogue and Gambit. "Mah parents and th' X-Men had a fallin' out a few years ago, an' they ain't too happy with me either."

She closed her eyes. "Goes a lot deeper than tha' but you ain't gotta know ta do yer job."

When she opened her eyes, the pink sparkling had increased. "All ah want is mah parents back, ah cain't do it mahself, an' ta get Waller's cooperation, ah had ta agree to make gettin' th' tech an bringin Morrow in the objectives of th' mission."

She looked pointedly at Todd. "Ah'm sorry fer bringin you inta this. Ah insisted that at least one of th squad be a good guy, no offense to th rest of y'all."

"Ain't got no idea if DuPree is alive or not. Honestly, ah don't care. It's his mess that got mah parents into this, an if Waller don't care about th man outside of his tech, ah reckon ah don't neither."

She paced. "They got me ovah a barrel. It's mah fault that Ma, Pa, an I can't jes ring up ol' Hank McCoy or Scott or any of em... I burned a few bridges with them, an even if they agreed to help, ah reckon it'll still be bad blood twixt us. Don press me on this."

"Ain't got no clue how a no-account with no powas did a blamed thing to mah parents, an that's another reason why I ain't callin those folks in Connecticut - they'll think they're in league with this Morrow. Specially now that th Professor is down in Genosha an we got Emma in charge."

"Best I can figger, if Morrow got powahs, he got em out of a box like that engorged prick Stark did."

She moved back behind the desk. "Mah parents an ah did work for Waller for a bit now. Mainly bounty huntin'. She tell us about someone what needs captured, an we do it. It's always folks what broke out of jail or got people killt, so we don't ask many questions. Cuz of that, if ah go ta anyone else, SHIELD or whatnot, they may do too much digging into our livelihood. Any other questions?"

Reactions: Cush Almighty
"Broke out of jail? Ha ha ha. Whatever helps you sleep at night sweetheart. As we all know, Waller is an angle and would never lie." He chuckled as he responded to the girl. Naive or playing dumb? Who knows. "I got no more questions, and I doubt the others do too." Slade stood up from his seat and started walking out from the back and to the exit. "Come on team, the mission is ago." He turned back towards them. "I'm the team leader. We're all criminals here, people who've done some bad things for selfish reasons. No point in a "Superhero" barking orders." He looked at Redhood before turning his back and continuing to exit the building.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Breach @Dipper @Gands @Michale CS

"Save the apology," he muttered. "I'd feel a lot better about this without the bomb." But there was no point in arguing; she had nothing to do with it, and it wouldn't get him out of this psycho-outfit. Jason turned his glare on Slade. "Yeah, I'm sure you'd like that. You ain't leading any time soon, Terminator. Back off."

The tone of voice indicated mockery, his lips pulled into a sneer. Like hell Jason would let Slade order him around.

"Back down boy. I've broken men with more skill than you. Package up that ego and fall in line." He responded walking toward Jason and getting 3 inches within his face. "You think you can take me? You're no Batman. You're no Nightwing. You, like people you hang around, are black sheep. You don't fit in with those in Gotham, Metropolis, The league, and you don't fit in here! Fall in line or I'll make you." He had raised his voice now, goating the young man into striking him.

Was Redhood a punk with some guns, or more than that? He wanted to see. "System, Deactivating Ikon Suit. Shut down gravity sheath." A fair fight. He deserved that.

James Hunter (Codename: To be Determined)

James made a note that it was important for them to rescue her parents and that Slade was useless and wouldn't care if they didn't rescue them. He was no hero, but if the doctor proved to be useful in obtaining and learning about the realizer, he was worth saving. He looked over at the two idiots and groaned, activated his kinetic resistance before stepping between Slade and Red Hood. " Hey, this isn't going to help anyone at all. I'm sure Waller wouldn't be opposed to blow your brains out if you think infighting is going to help us. I'm sure examples are her strong suit and if we have to be a team, we got to not want to murder each other. Both of you, back the fuck off."

@Cush Almighty @Michale CS @Breach @Gands @Dipper

"Gentlemen. If I may intercede..." Nygma piped up. "Why don't we go the way of the Biblical Solomon on this, rather than the Grundy way you're going now?"

He rolled his chair up to the pair. "While I haven't found a way to deactivate our behavior restraints, I do have a foolproof way of setting them off... Why don't we call it a partnership, until of course we're engaged in combat, with the right people of course, and then bend to the will of the older and if you believe his braggadocio, wise man for that, hmm? If this becomes a spectacle, I can most certainly add to Miss LeBeau's cleaning bill."

Warpath had gotten up, heading to the cabinet to take each of the two costumes and smell them, locking in a scent for each of the two former X-men. Turning he watched for a moment the growing drama.

" Time enough for tests when this is done. He is baiting you Red, old ninety percent isn't going to fight anyone now that Riddler has his finger on the button. He's smart enough to know it too. Probably smart enough to know there wasn't going to be any damned fight. "

He watches the three for a bit, making sure they go the way of Solomon.

" And Mister Slade, don't think your reputation will be enough to save that huge head of yours if the time comes. "

"You're gonna make me, are you? Now I'm real scared." His hands curled into shaking fists at his side, held down only by sheer force of will. He whirled on the rest of the team with a curt 'Shut up!' before turning back to Slade. "That's a comparison I haven't heard before. Y'think I care? I can do better, better than both of 'em. Just watch."

Jason knew damn well he was being egged on, but the fury was just waiting to be let loose now, and the stress of being stuck here of all places was finally starting to boil over.

He let his fist fly toward Slade, right in his stupid mask.

James had stepped in between them and demanded they both calm down. Riddler too had threatened to activate that shrunken cannonball in his head. Warpath even warned hood that he was being goated, but the anger fueled brat didn't give a shit. Headstrong, played into his anger, his fury, like looking into a mirror and seeing a younger him.

Slade took the punch to the face, smiling under his mask as his head turned with Redhood's punch. "Nice one son." He chuckled, he actually made Slade cut his tounge on his tooth. It would heal quickly, a very minor wound. "Now get in line punk, I like my head and won't risk it to put you on your ass." He turned his back on him and returned to leaving the Gambit Weekly. "Still in charge too, no one was following you from the get-go. Don't listen to me, I won't be saving your stupid edgy ass either."

Warpath watched as Hoodie told them to shut up and punched Slade anyway. We're all going to die Warpath thought to himself. He reached out very quickly from behind Jason intending to grab him by the back of the neck and pull him out of the small newspaper office.

" Congratulations, you just made Slade's point. By the way Slade, you're still an asshole."

If Jason asks... nicely, he'll be immediately released. However, any sign of stupid & childish behavior and he will continue to be dragged unceremoniously out of the room.

Bane quietly watches the “exchange” between Slade And Red Hood, involving taunts and a fist. Bane knew at some point someone in the team would try to fight/kill each other, but not this soon. After some point the rest the team tries to stop the fight, like threatening to enlarge someone’s cannon ball. Bane stands by, but he gets ready to step in if someone tries anything stupid...again; “Let’s just get ready for the mission. We must also try to kill our enemies who wish to stop us, not each other”.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Gands
"Finish y'alls dick measurin' contest somewheres else." Demi said, shakin her head. "I sent th' info on what ah got offa the GPS my folks was wearin' til it went offline, as well as the locations of DuPree's house and work to yer computer system - the one that Mista Nygma has. They said somethin about 'goin dark' so ah don't think where they turnt off the GPS is gonna be any kinda help to ya, but mebby it will be. Ah can help too, iffen you need me, and if you find mah parents ah wanna be there as soon as I can once ya do."

"I ain't a slouch in a fight, an I gots powahs, but nothin' as up front as my parents." She added.

DuPree is a tenured professor and researcher at Tulane University, he lives in the suburbs, in Metairie on 1456 Cherokee Street, and they turned off their GPS in the vicinity of the New Orleans Country Club.

She hands each of them a card with her name and cell phone number on it. "Y'all call me when y'all are close to mah parents. Ah wanna help rescue em if they still can be rescued."

That's when a call comes in on the phone for the newspaper. Demi walks over, sees the caller ID and puts it on speaker.

"This is Lieutenant Markham. I'll be your ARGUS supply chain liason for this mission. I see that one of our members doesn't have a designation yet, so I've filled James' in as 'Bulwark' for now. I've secured an armored SUV to be delivered to your location within ten minutes, and made reseverations for two adjoining rooms at
Site 61. I have sent electronic keys for the rooms to each of your cell phones. Feel free to call me, as I've sent my direct line to each of your phones as well, if you need anything else."

@Cush Almighty @LuckycoolHawk9 @Gands @Breach @Dipper

"Get off," Jason hissed, twisting in the sudden grip at the back of his neck. "Bastard deserves worse."

He just... wanted to get this mission done. The sooner they did, the sooner he could get Waller to pick the damned bomb out of his gut and he could be on his way.

"Wait. We're sharing rooms now?"

James Hunter, Codename: Bulwark ( Nope)

James want to mention that his name was a code name, but he bit back his tongue from saying anything. He couldn't even remember the last time he had used his real name, it had been before the powers had come in, before he lost track of his parents. It felt like a life time ago. It also didn't help that he had quickly learned that all records had been wiped up by someone, so he had just settled on a name he had found on an overdosed teen his age. He wouldn't need it anyway. James took the card and put it in his pocket, god, it felt weird to not have his backpack for once and felt for the phone. " I mean, an adjoining room is still technically two seperate rooms, but it does make sense. We're a small group and we're supposed to be a team..... maybe, it might be a good thing to figure whose bunking with whom now. I mean, personally, I coud take the floor in whatever room, wouldn't be new to me."

@Cush Almighty @Gands @Michale CS @Dipper @Breach