Epic Crossover - Suicide Squad "Bayou Leave"

Deathstroke took the card and memorized Demi's number at first glance. Idetic memory, the benefit of accessing 90% of your brain function. A phone call then came in for them. It was their A.R.G.U.S. supply chain which informed them they now had rooms at a local inn. Deathstroke wasn't too keen on sharing rooms. "I'll room with Bane and whoever else wants to join us, don't care who." He said putting in his two cents.

"I'm guessing in the SUV we'll have a change of clothes? Can't walk in there looking like a notorious mercenary, can I? We're all supposed to be in custody."

"That would be incorrect, sir. I chose that particular inn because there are a lot of people in costume there. You see, at the Fairgrounds a few blocks away, there is a convention - one for people who dress in costumes, and when you walk into Site 61, they'll assume you are cosplayers. Oh if you don't know what cosplaying is, I suggest you look it up."

Nygma, at this point, starts laughing uproariously. "Oh this is so perfect. We get to hide in plain sight and I get to see the geeks tell you how your costumes aren't quite accurate! I'm convinced that is in our future. I'm impressed, Lieutenant."

"If ya got nothin else, are y'all ready ta get started?" She crossed her arms and looked them all over.

"Cosplay? Oh yes, that is perfect." He said with a smile under his mask. Cosplay brought sweety nerds and beautiful paid models dress up as the 'best' female heroes. "I always wanted to meet Power Girl and not be scared she might knock my head off. With that said, they are of little concern to the current objective." He then thought about the critiques of his costume. "I'm going have to put up with nerds saying my new suit is 'lame' and 'basic'. I wish I had the old one but I don't. It was way more stylish. We will not talk to these people and go on about our business. Understood team?"

James Hunter

" I actually don't have a costume, so they probably won't interact with me anyone. Also somehow, I don't think we are going to have much of a choice in the matter. From living in New York, I know that those cosplayers hated it when you didn't respond to them. So, it probably won't work..... and we really shouldn't be picking leaders right now, especially when we are just fragments of a team."

@Cush Almighty @Gands @Michale CS @Breach @Dipper

Reactions: Gands
"Oh, she'd knock your head off alright."

And woldn't he like to see that? "You think Waller would mind if I went for some cotton candy? No? Damn. Well, I'm ready to get this thing over with. Let's go."

"Well, well, well. Mister... Bulwark is it now? Why, there are two perfectly good costumes right here! Granted, I don't think you'd fill out the Rogue costume without some work, but you'd fit into the Gambit one just fine I expect. And I also expect you could do a fair impression of his powers. In either event, our chariot awaits." Riddler wheeled himself to the door, using his cane to shove it open as he headed out to the armored Ford Excursion.

Demi shot a look at Riddler when he made that comment, but eventually shrugged. "It's not like Pa is usin' that suit anymore. If it'll help y'all do yer mission, y'all can use his outfit."

Bane takes the card and pockets it. He hears that Slade wants to share a room with him and Bane says, "I am fine with sharing a room with you Slade. For everyone else, try to pick someone that you don't want to kill." Bane zones out after every one starts talking about cosplay. Bane thinks about the Riddler or more precisely his plans; Bane can guess that the Riddler would try to make or get a EMP(probably disguise as something).

In order to use it against the scientist's, Morrow, tech devices. He would also probably ask for parts to help make a trap(likely for a super soldier), like something that would use foam type of polymer that was once use to hold down the Hulk; or chemical bombs that can knockout, temporary take away meta powers, or blind a enemy/enemies.After that thought, Bane left the room and headed to the armor car.
@Dipper @Michale CS @Gands @Cush Almighty

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Cush Almighty
James Proudstar aka Warpath

Warpath helps Red Hood outside the releases him. He starts talking to him quietly.

"Word is Hoodie that you are pretty damned smart. You may or may not be a mole, and you might be playing stupid.. But I suggest you start thinking the way your reputation says you can. I bet there is alot at stake here. Besides our sorry ass lives anyway"

He makes his way to the vehicle and wedges himself inside it.

" Mister Nygma, someone told me I should look after you. Person says you owe him money from poker night at the Iceberg lounge. "

This is said with a comedic tone.

As the SUV with the ARGUS driver pulled away, a car drove by honking with an odd horn.

Not long later, the whole group finds themselves checked into the only two adjoining rooms at Site 61, with Riddler showing the rest of them where the three locations we're that Demi had pointed out to them. "I suppose we want a United front, hmm? Whatever took the Lebeaus out of the picture would have not much problem with us singly or in pairs. Question is, where first? The workplace the home or the odd spot the Lebeaus turned off thier GPS?"

@Gands @Breach @Cush Almighty @Dipper @LuckycoolHawk9

Deathstroke laughed under his mask as leaned against the wall. United Front? Inane. "Tsk. Like hell we all should team up for one spot. I have taken down enemy camps by my lonesome, half drunk too, I don't need all of you backing me up. We're better off splitting into groups. 2 or 3 of us go to one site, other group scopes out another. We stay connected through our communicated and inform each other of any important developments. Next, we regroup at the final destination and search that location together. Or I can just search a location by myself, nothing to the likes of me." He was cocky, but Deathstroke wasn't speaking nonsense. He wanted to get this over with and splitting up would make this faster. All the people her were capable warriors. At least that what he could say for Hood, Bane, and maybe Warpath. Maybe Bulwork, but he'd yet see the young man in action. "Hey Bul, looking stupid in that outfit by the way. The 90's are dead. You were better off going as Rouge. Crossdressing is in now."

@Dipper @Michale CS @Gands @Breach @LuckycoolHawk9

"Me? Playin' stupid? Nah."

-

"Must've turned their trackers off for a reason. I say start there." It was the most reasonable choice. But as much as he hated to admit it... Slade was also right. They would have better luck splitting up. The sooner they tracked down these two, the better, so Jason nodded curtly in agreement. "Sure, split up. Fine by me."

Reactions: Gands

"Alright Hoodie, if you say so."

Of course, James didn't buy into Jason's act anyway.

" Six people, three per team ?"

He didn't trust Slade at all.. He really shouldn't trust any of these people.. But his life could hand in the balance here.

He wasn't sure quite what to make of Hoodie's act yet. Bane's motivations could be questioned.. But the odd sense of honor was part of his reputation. Bulwork he didn't know and Nygma he had been instructed to keep an eye on by old Cobblepot.

James Hunter, Codename: Bulwork (still not wanted)

" Splitting up seems like a horrible idea, but if none of you want to stick together, I'm fine with that. Knowing the way things work, we will either be reunited by some of us getting taken or we will all meet up at the location . I'm with Hood on this, I want to go to the spot where the GPS went dead. Also, Slade, I don't care how stupid I look, if I cared I would have argued against the costume entirely."
. He waited to see where Bane and Slade wanted to go along with James since they had not specfied a place.

@Gands @Dipper @Cush Almighty @Michale CS @Breach

"I am fine with separating into groups of three or two, but I strongly suggest that we have groups that can work together and compliment each other's skills, like me and Slade. I will say this; I know that some of us don't care very for some of our teammates, however we all must work together in order to finish this mission and to survive. Now about the mission, I agree that we should check the last know location of the gps." As Bane says this, His eyes travel off the area around them, looking for anything strange or out of place.
@Gands @Michale CS @Dipper @Cush Almighty

Last edited by a moderator:

" Alright, since you are going with 90 percent Bane, I will go with sunny Jim and Hoodie"

Warpath did hope Nygma went with them.

• Ah Seen It
Reactions: Michale CS
"If I give this to you, you do not have to share it because you already have your own, which you think is better." He replied to all of the buzz he created with his last statement, raising his hands in mock surrender.

"Apparently I'm like scissors today, Uniting as I divide, and dividing as I unite." He looked over to Warpath. "I'm afraid you have the gimpy kid on your team, Kemosabe. Bane wants to go with Slade but also wants to go where the GPS was turned off - since Hunter and Todd also want to go to that spot that leaves our team unevenly divided, especially considering the lack of functioning legs on one side. I suppose Proudstar can be my chauffeur to DuPree's work - a man in a wheelchair can often get where a man with legs cannot. Unless one of you master tacticians has a better idea?"

@Breach @Cush Almighty @Dipper @Gands @LuckycoolHawk9

Reactions: Cush Almighty
"Alright then, Team 1 will be comprised of Bulwark, Bane and Myself. Team 2 will be Redhood, Warpath, and the paperweight on wheels." He said confirming the team formations for now. "Now for our destination. We should pull a Two-Face and flip a coin. I don't really care where we go first, I don't want to be here anyway. I would love nothing more for this operation to be a bust just to stick it to the fat cow in charge."

Deathstroke than looked towards Riddler when he asked what the tacticians had in plan. "I think you're dead weight and you belong here shitting your diaper. You can do your job from afar, I'm sure."

@Breach @Dipper @Michale CS @Gands @LuckycoolHawk9

James Hunter Codename: Bulark

" Actually, as much as I think this is a bad idea, Hood voulnteered first to go investigate the GPS location and I think he should go with you, Slade. As much as you two hate each other, both of you need to suck it the fuck up and work together. I'll go with Warpath and Riddler to Dupree's workplace,"
he said to Slade. As much as everyone wanted to keep Slade and Hood apart, if the two didn't learn to get along, this team wouldn't work out.

@Gands @Michale CS @Dipper @Breach @Cush Almighty

"My my, such eloquent repartee! Why, it makes one think that ten percent of a brain that's actually used is better than ninety percent of the bitter dregs. And to be honest I did intend to do my part from afar, but you see I owe Cobblepot some money and Mister Proudstar here is to make sure I survive long enough to pay up." Riddler beamed from ear to ear as he made his way to a second vehicle, a van, that drove up to the hostel. A driver climbed out, leaving the keys behind for the erstwhile team, but on the side of the vehicle was an odd logo... Or maybe not so odd...

7157a1761b5f246f614f430b17013022.jpg
Riddler had activated some holographic projection and now appeared and sounded like Professor Charles Xavier. "Too much? I set this up before I knew our mission was... Affiliated. It could make them nervous and make mistakes, or it could put the mission at risk, depending on what fate befell Gambit and Rogue."

@Breach @Cush Almighty @Dipper @Gands @LuckycoolHawk9

Last edited:
Deathstroke sighed and responded to Bulwurk's suggestion. "Whatever, hope I don't off the punk. I'm playing leader on this Hood. You don't gotta listen or work with me, but things will go better for everyone if you do. Bane will be following my orders, and since Bane will prefer to get his sentence in this shit deal over with, she doesn't give a hoot who's in charge." It was Jason's decision to play ball. "Once this is settled will move out and get this over with."