7/23/18 Will be the next Update Post.
Post Order is just for combat situations at the moment, or if I call for it.
If the party splits up, I'll make banners for different scenes so we can keep track.

Lineup/Combat Post Order:
@Michale CS as the GM
@Gands as Hercules
@Breach as Spawn
@Ringmaster as The Gunslinger
@LuckycoolHawk9 as Lucifer Morningstar
@Sonevar as John Constantine
@Drixe as "Bob" the Minion
@Michale CS as Squirrel Girl

(Yes I know this gives me two posts, I'm endeavoring to keep the group PC and NPC posts separate.)

We may not stick 100% to a post order, and I'll allow exceptions as long as the posts are timely and don't derail the party/plot with side conversations/actions that don't involve the majority of the party.

Last edited:
What they walked into was... well absolutely no good if they were going to have any sort of physical confronation.
Nyx Gathering 1.jpg

The crowd were all chanting and praising Nyx, by many names besides Nyx. These apparently were all the Pagans and Wiccans for miles around, as they didn't seem mindless or controlled in any way that the group could detect.
What was evident is that Nyx was growing ever stronger with each chorus.

Nyx herself was on stage leading her own chant, smiling and inciting them into further worship of her. Her eyes only momentarily flicked over to the group as they arrived from the Nevernever.

Suddenly both Brigid and Matthias felt an ephemeral snap as, at least for the time being, their ability to sense or access the Nevernever was stripped from them. "Oy, ye tart! Ye cannae just take away me way home." Brigid reasserted her will, which caused Nyx to frown briefly. "That's right ye cannae keep me from goin home if I choose. Ye may keep me from comin back here, but me home is me home."

Matthias felt that when Brigid snapped Nyx's influence on her, it freed him as well. However, he felt fairly certain if he stepped back into the Nevernever right now, he might not step back out of it, similar to what Brigid stated.
@Ringmaster

Spawn, Lucifer, Hercules and Constantine could immediately sense the divine power that Nyx was gathering to herself. Why would she have the need to be even more powerful? She was, by their estimation, clearly the most powerful single being in this universe at the moment.

Doreen had gotten distracted and had bought a bag of peanuts from a vendor - a few of them were coming out of the woodwork as the gathering got larger and longer.

inbetweener female reality shard Nyx 3.jpg
"Speak your piece, heroes. What do you offer that my father could not?"
@Gands @Breach @LuckycoolHawk9 @Sonevar @Ringmaster

Meanwhile... at the Watchtower...
the-watchtowerjla-orbital-base-jpg.158349

In the corner of this secure room - one that had held such menaces as Superboy Prime in the past, an impossible portal opened up. Into that portal flew every last bit of ice cream and banana that Bob had been provided. He couldn't just let all those treats go, right? Surely he could go after them? He didn't really have long to think about that as it drew him in too..

Back in Fountain Square...
Until he landed on top of a crowd, along with the bananas and ice cream. The crowd, initially shocked by the food from the sky, caught Bob and he was crowd surfing, a banana in one hand and a bowl of ice cream in the other. Life was good.

Of course, this meant that the others - Lucifer, Matthias, Constantine, Spawn, Doreen, and Hercules just witnessed a yellow pill shaped creature fall from the sky amidst a rain of bananas and dishes of ice cream. And the crowd's subsequent acquiescence to the appearance of Bob.

@Drixe

As much as he liked crowd surfing Bob's ice cream was melting. Not having a free hand he motioned the crowd to set him down.

Once he got to the ground he set his ice cream on a dry part of the fountain . He started picking up the six or so bananas not trampled or too crushed by the fall, the ice cream was a lost cause unfortunately. He returned to the fountain and seeing it nicely tiled and clean he figured it's pretty much a fancy pool to some one his size. His climbed into the fountain and relaxed enjoying his ice cream.

He looked to the chanting and shrugged, he worked with cults before. Though he never got into the whole chanting thing. He tried ti ignore it and focus on his snack.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Michale CS
"Speak your piece, heroes. What do you offer that my father could not?"

Out of all of them? The one who spoke was surprising in choice.

"Nothing."

It was the Gunslinger. Hands hung loosely at his side, he walked towards her. His spurs clinked in step, his coat tail flapping loosely in the breeze. Eyes red as blood fixed on her face, his posture perfectly straight and intentful. He ignored the adulation, the sounds and even the yellow thing falling from the skies did not draw him away. He looked at Nyx, as though scrutinizing her for something before repeating himself.

"There is nothing we have that can persuade you. Money is a worthless placeholder. Worshippers, you have in plenty. Enemies, you may stop or not as a challenge here. And I will not raise my guns to you, nor force you to anything you do not want. So I will say this instead. You will come with us, because it will be the right thing to do."

He let that sink in before gesturing to the group.

"And for my first reasoning, I offer my memories. For you to examine and experience, that you may see as I do. It is a gift worthy of a goddess-the lifetime of a man who lost everything. And it will show you why I believe you must accompany us."

@Michale CS @Group​

Lucifer Morningstar

Lucifer was confounded on why she was trying to radiate more power than she needed, but that led him to wonder why her power felt so familiar. There was something familiar about even her power, but he couldn't place it. Maybe it was just a trick of the mind or a memory from deep in the past. He however wondered if he had gotten high when he saw the yellow pill fall from the sky with ice cream and bananas and be crowd surfed. Why was that somehow not the weirdest thing he had ever seen? " We can't really offer you much, in all honesty. I'm with the gun slinger on this one," he honestly replied.

@Michale CS @Ringmaster

• Bucket of Rainbows
Hercules, Lion of Olympus

" My Lady Nyx, I must say we come here feeling it is an urgent thing to protect you. Your survival will affect those we love and care for. It is possible our feelings are wrong, and you, and the worlds you represent are not in the dire threat we believe them to be.... but what if ? "

He moves close to Brigid, putting an arm around the woman's waist.

" I don't know how much you are aware of, but I openly tell you, my aim is to keep you free and healthy."

@Michale CS @LuckycoolHawk9 @Sonevar @Ringmaster @Drixe

• Nice Execution!
Constantine Wondered, he pondered, he thought, he considered, then he spoke:

"Family. That's one thing your father never gave you, even though that's what he called his attempts to control you. Even here with all your awesome power you can't provide it for yourself." He gestured to the crowd "Oh sure, you can create sycophant-ary a-plenty an' I'm sure in this place you could even spin up your own little make believe mommsy and daddsy and all that... but it wouldn't be real. An' no matter how good your powers are missy, that's the part you can never change, and that's the part that makes it all just empty noise."

"Now if it's your own kind you wanna be mates with, I'm sure Mr muscles knows several, if it's your 'other kind' you'd rather be around... I know a way... and if its a band of heroes you'd rather throw in with, I'm sure the nutter-lady (indicates Doreen) and her mates would be tickled outta their fancy nickers ta have ya. But in any case... all those options are REAL, not something that you made-up for yourself to play with, 'cause it gets lonely when you've got more power than you know what to do with" His voice was tinged with familiarity and sadness on that last line.

He shoved his hands in his coat pockets and regarded her passively, wishing he didn't have to use the toilet right now

All of Nyx's responses seem to happen simultaneously - at least to the perceptions of those in attendance, rather than sequentially, so they take just a moment to happen.

Spawn had kept silent during this exchange. Perhaps that was for the best, and Nyx did not in turn interact with him at all. She'd seen what he could become - and just smiled sadly.

Doreen looked up from the bag of peanuts she was devouring to smile at Nyx. "Uh, well, considering your other choices are to probably get a lot of people hurt when the bad guys who are looking for you show up, wouldn't it be better if you came with us?"

Nyx smirked. "Perhaps. I'm not sure why you - nevermind. The others don't know and perhaps you do not either. Any gift I would give you, you could already give yourself." She replied to Doreen.

"There is nothing we have that can persuade you. Money is a worthless placeholder. Worshippers, you have in plenty. Enemies, you may stop or not as a challenge here. And I will not raise my guns to you, nor force you to anything you do not want. So I will say this instead. You will come with us, because it will be the right thing to do."

He let that sink in before gesturing to the group.

"And for my first reasoning, I offer my memories. For you to examine and experience, that you may see as I do. It is a gift worthy of a goddess-the lifetime of a man who lost everything. And it will show you why I believe you must accompany us."
inbetweener female reality shard Nyx 3.jpg
In an instant, the Gunslinger re-lived his entire life as Nyx sifted through it easily. "So young to be so sad. If or when you return home, you will know the locations of artifacts. Artifacts that will help you rebuild your kind there. It is my gift to you."

He however wondered if he had gotten high when he saw the yellow pill fall from the sky with ice cream and bananas and be crowd surfed. Why was that somehow not the weirdest thing he had ever seen? " We can't really offer you much, in all honesty. I'm with the gun slinger on this one," he honestly replied.

"Soft spoken for an entity so conflicted. My gift for you is the strength to consolidate fully - if you make the journey home." Nyx said to Lucifer.

" My Lady Nyx, I must say we come here feeling it is an urgent thing to protect you. Your survival will affect those we love and care for. It is possible our feelings are wrong, and you, and the worlds you represent are not in the dire threat we believe them to be.... but what if ? "

He moves close to Brigid, putting an arm around the woman's waist.

" I don't know how much you are aware of, but I openly tell you, my aim is to keep you free and healthy."
"I neither required nor desired protection, godling. However... my options are limited and it behooves me to have allies. My gift for you is something you may have had all along - the will to avoid your previous vice. If you make the journey home, you'll no longer be tempted by it." The Goddess of Night smiled slightly at both Brigid and he.

"Family. That's one thing your father never gave you, even though that's what he called his attempts to control you. Even here with all your awesome power you can't provide it for yourself." He gestured to the crowd "Oh sure, you can create sycophant-ary a-plenty an' I'm sure in this place you could even spin up your own little make believe mommsy and daddsy and all that... but it wouldn't be real. An' no matter how good your powers are missy, that's the part you can never change, and that's the part that makes it all just empty noise."

"Now if it's your own kind you wanna be mates with, I'm sure Mr muscles knows several, if it's your 'other kind' you'd rather be around... I know a way... and if its a band of heroes you'd rather throw in with, I'm sure the nutter-lady (indicates Doreen) and her mates would be tickled outta their fancy nickers ta have ya. But in any case... all those options are REAL, not something that you made-up for yourself to play with, 'cause it gets lonely when you've got more power than you know what to do with" His voice was tinged with familiarity and sadness on that last line.

He shoved his hands in his coat pockets and regarded her passively, wishing he didn't have to use the toilet right now

Nyx laughed at Constantine, her face lit up and eyes sparkling. "A Ram among the sheep. You, being alone in the multiverse, put your unique existence on the line by even coming here. And you speak pragmatically. To you, I shall give two gifts." The first gift came in a very personal way, as he no longer seemed to have to use the toilet, and no, he didn't soil himself. "For the second, I grant you freedom. If you make the journey home, you shall have the option of avoiding the karmic pull upon yourself. You'll still be aware of where and when you are needed, but it shall be your choice to respond or to ignore it. I have a feeling, however, this will not have much impact on your adventures, but at least you will have had the option to say no."

Right about then, a thrumming sound happened and...
220px-Boomtube.jpg

Through the boomtube stepped a familiar figure to some of them.
Darkseid.png
"How touching. Offering family to an object given life. You will come with me or all those here will d-"
Darkseid never got a chance to finish his sentence because he was scooped up in a giant hand and tossed... well towards orbit anyway. It wasn't likely a permanent solution given who he was, but the 60 foot tall girl that appeared was definitely a twist none were expecting, including Nyx from the surprised look on her face.

Galacta 2.jpg
"Hey. I'm Gally. I'll keep Mr. Grumpy occupied for a bit. I got the deets from Nyx's daddy, who's busy with Thanos right now. Nyx knows where she needs to take you and once we contain the death wish duo, there's a thing we can do to fix this whole thing. Sort of an epic quest kinda deal. I can't go into it now, Darkseid will be back shortly and boy will he be angry! Go on, Nyx. You know where to go. That's why you brought Bob here, right?"

Nyx sighed and nodded. "Bob, come here. There's a place we need to go that, of those here, only you have proper access to. Oh I suppose I could do it but it would take time to rewrite reality to compensate. Time I don't have."

Nyx opened a portal. As she did, the crowd dispersed on their own, leaving only the heroes there, and a shining purplish energy dome over the area, presumably created by Gally. One that Darkseid was pummeling and blasting with his Omega Beams.
"Hurry up! Do you know how many gigacalories I'm burning up keeping him from busting in? I'm going to have to go find a forest moon to snack on after this. And no, not that one. Even I wouldn't eat cute furry teddy bears."

Cold air burst through the portal, and on the other side...

The Fortress of Solitude.
Bob, being a maintenance worker for the Justice League, would be recognized and accepted by the security there. As would those accompanying him. Nyx strode through the portal, and beckoned the others to follow, while Galacta daughter of Galactus, held off Darkseid's attempts to bash down her barrier and get at the group.

Of course, some of the party could stay and help Gally, or they could all go together to the Fortress. Either way, they had the option of asking either Nyx or Gally about this 'epic quest' to fix things that the cosmic entity alluded to.

Bob climbs out of the fountain and puts on his flip flops. He grabs his bananas and walks over to her, a bit confused as to what's happening here. " bello !" He says to the group as he walks by them.

He looks to her and then to the portal. Seeing where it's going he stops " um..." He shivers a bit to show he's not dressed for this. It's not like it will hurt him, just be really uncomfortable for him.

He looks to her and then to the portal. Seeing where it's going he stops " um..." He shivers a bit to show he's not dressed for this. It's not like it will hurt him, just be really uncomfortable for him.
Nyx sighs, points to Bob... and...

Bob Coat.jpg "Come on, Bob. Don't delay." She urges him on.

@Drixe

Bob smiles and says " dhank you! ". He heads through the portal humming an old French tune. The alien crystal structure looks odd, but the region reminds him of his home before he joined up with gru.

Baskerville clicked up to aim for Darkseid....And then promptly lowered. Best not to damage the shield from the inside. The giant woman got a passing glance of intrigue, before finally giving a curt nod to how things went in thanks.

And without further ado, he walked in to the snow lands.

@Michale CS @Party

As the barrier begins to form around the group. Spawn and his suit felt the evil energy coming from the Darkside, the raw evil equal to the worst that resides in hell. They, him and the suit, began to absorb the energy( it is passive ability)and Spawns body starts to shifts, becoming more feral and demonic. Spawn form is gone and in his place is Omega.
(Link below shows what he turn into)
Google Image Result for https://cdnb.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/000/888/201/smaller_square/darcy-korch-omegaspawn.jpg?1435347202

However, the forms fades after a few seconds, Spawn returning to his original form. He is taking deep breathes, like he went through 10 rounds in a boxing ring. In Spawn's mind, a red string appear and broke.

Lucifer Morningstar

He looked over and realized that everyone had gone to the Fortress of Solitude. He decided it was his best bet as it seemed the daughter of Galactus had it under control. " What exactly do we need to do for the epic quest you wish for us to partake in?" He asked.

@Breach @Michale CS @Gands @Sonevar @Ringmaster @Drixe

He looks to the portal and sighs "The fortress of 'sod-off-itude', you blokes go, it wouldn't sit well if I left a lady alone with a case of the nibbles and a pushy arse whose face looks like somebody crushed a piece of asphalt into it with an old clunker they really hate."

He studies the portal for a second "Go, now that I've seen it, I'll find a pathway to catch you up. Arse-pocolypese called me a dabbler, so let's dabble"

His natural reticence to work magic holds him back for only a second until the knowledge that this reality wasn't really real let him take the gloves off. He begins hastily constructing a ritual to capture and transfer solar, wind, kinetic and even some of his own energy into Gally. once that link was established he would try cursing DS with supercharged cataracts and dispersing the energy of the eyelasers using de-fraction to spread the energy over a wider area, lessening the impact.

• Nice Execution!
Bob smiles and says " dhank you! ". He heads through the portal humming an old French tune. The alien crystal structure looks odd, but the region reminds him of his home before he joined up with gru.

Hercules Lion of Olympus

He listens to Nyx, nods to himself. Then Galacta. He thinks for a brief moment.

( To Brigid )
" I do hope you enjoy quests my dear, this will be epic I think. Will you be joining me ?"

He is still holding her hand, intending to go through the portal.

ercules Lion of Olympus

He listens to Nyx, nods to himself. Then Galacta. He thinks for a brief moment.

( To Brigid )
" I do hope you enjoy quests my dear, this will be epic I think. Will you be joining me ?"

He is still holding her hand, intending to go through the portal.

Baskerville clicked up to aim for Darkseid....And then promptly lowered. Best not to damage the shield from the inside. The giant woman got a passing glance of intrigue, before finally giving a curt nod to how things went in thanks.

And without further ado, he walked in to the snow lands.

Lucifer Morningstar

He looked over and realized that everyone had gone to the Fortress of Solitude. He decided it was his best bet as it seemed the daughter of Galactus had it under control. " What exactly do we need to do for the epic quest you wish for us to partake in?" He asked.

In Fountain Square...

After all except Constantine had gone through the portal to the Fortress, the thing snapped shut. The power boost that the wizard had fed Gali made her smile widely. She dropped the shield, stared at Darkseid, and curled a finger at him a few times, egging him on.

The curse seemed to work, at least until the New God's crazy healing factor went in, but the effect was spectacular. He stared at Galacta and blasted at her. The single beam broke up into thousands of rays then... still converged on the daughter of Galactus. Darkseid had utter control over those beams even after they left his eyes, but the fact that they were much tinier beams thanks to Constantine, they wouldn't even scratch her armor.

To Darkseid's surprise, the beams seemed to have little effect on her, despite being quite spectacular. "Do that again. It was tasty." And it was true - Darkseid's Omega beams were a direct product of his considerable life energy, and Galacta was born to absorb the same.

"I don't need my Omega Beams to destroy you, foundling." He rushed forward to take a swing at Galacta and she put up a hand to ward him off - and was surprisingly shoved off her feet, staggering back and smashing into a parking garage.

"Nice punch. Goodbye." She said, smiling.

"Running alrea-" he started before an object that definitely wasn't on his chest until a moment ago lit up, causing Darkseid to disappear, and the object to clatter to the floor.

"He'll probably Boom Tube back, once he figures out where he is in relation to where we are. I sent him to the Skrull homeworld. They may delay him some cause they're really picky about visitors. I'll have Sally give you a ride to where the others are, if you want." She said to Constantine.

Who was Sally?
female_silver_surfer.jpg
Galacta's Herald. Mainly, she brought take out food to Gali. Lots of it. Or scouted the solar system for extraterrestrial threats to Earth and let Galli know about them.
Sally landed next to Constantine and smiled, indicating the back of the board for him to stand on, not saying a word.

"Sally doesn't talk much. She can, but she usually chooses not to. She can get you to the others in a few minutes, before Darkseid can track her."

Fortress of Solitude.jpg
The rest of the group arrives at the fortress, and it's only moments before they get to the door. The key that Superman leaves at the front door is supposedly so heavy only he can lift it, but Nyx simply stared at it for a moment and then looked at Bob. "Pick that up and open the door." and, for a short time, the key weighed nearly nothing at all. Presuming Bob opened the door, the robots that arrived there scanned Bob.

"Welcome, Bob. You and your maintenance crew are cleared for entry. Have a nice day." They stalked off as the rest of the party enters. It's only when they are all inside before Nyx deigns to address their concerns.

"There are items of power that can be gathered to help you stand against the combined forces of Thanos and Darkseid. I can direct you to where they are. They will of course, try to stop you. That's the point. To have them concerned with you and what you are gathering in order to ignore me. The reason why I brought you here, other than the obvious security, is..." She sighed and paced.

"Because of my nature, they will eventually find me, anywhere in this dimension. From here, however, I have an option to be technically here and not, at the same time. It's-"

"The Phantom Zone Projector! If you were on the other side and the portal was left open you could be both places at once!" Doreen chimed in.

"How do you know about the Phantom Zone Projector?" Nyx boggled.

"Umm... Trading cards! Well, sort of. Deadpool gave me these cards. There was a series on Super Hero Gadgets." Squirrel Girl replied.

"Of course there was." The living reality shard shook her head. "Gathering three of the objects should give me enough time to rewrite this reality enough to where I can exit on my own and be effectively immune to Thanos and Darkseid specifically. The last I knew, Thanos and Darkseid do not know they are not in their native universe, but since my father does know, it is conceivable that even his powerful mind could be read by one of those two. In which case they'll be attempting to find a way out."

"But if you're there and we're gathering powerful things and distracting them, who's going to protect you, and how are we going to keep in contact?"

"That would be on me." This universe's version of Luna Snow stepped out from around a corner. "Well, for the contacting part. The superbots should be protection if they somehow find this place. I'll go with you. It's complicated. Nyx is from that other reality, so I have to talk to other me in your reality, who can talk to Nyx."

The three objects she provided them with the location for were:
The Spear of Destiny
The Book of Eternity
The Orb of Ra

"If you have any more questions, I'll entertain them now."

Brigid speaks up first. "I got nae questions, but I got a preference for findin' that spear."

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Sonevar @Drixe @Gands @Ringmaster @Breach

Bob looked to nyx and said " whaaaat???". Haveing no idea whats going on except some lady with super powers summoned him from the watchtower he was clearly confused. He entertained the idea of an epic quest, he was getting pretty bored in the station. Then he rembered the orb of ra, he did once help build some pyramids.

"The orb of Ra I would wish to gain first."

He shared from his wall-leaning.

He said no more after that, sinking back into his thoughts as he waited for a moment of action.

@Party

Hercules Lion of Olympus

"If my lady has a preference, then that preference is mine ! "

Hercules hugged Brigid close. To most he is simply being affectionate. . For himself he is drinking up what he could about his beautiful feisty companion. Confirming with scent, hearing and touch that she was who she says she was. Even using his god sense to make certain.

Lucifer Morningstar

" I imagine that we should start with the easiest location to obtain and then work our way backwards. I imagine with names like the Book of Eternity and Spear of Destiny, someone is already looking for or has already found them and they are in a house or museum. I however do not suspect this of the touchstone of Ra, but I may be wrong. My vote is for obtaining the Touchstone of Ra first," Lucifer replied, without missing a beat. " Though, it might not be a bad idea for us to split us. If we have some of our party go for one of the items, some go for the other and have you being in two places, there will be four places for them to be looking and with only two people, that may prove to be more difficult," he said, point blankly.

@Gands @Michale CS @Ringmaster @Drixe

• Thank You