7/23/18 Will be the next Update Post.
Post Order is just for combat situations at the moment, or if I call for it.
If the party splits up, I'll make banners for different scenes so we can keep track.

Lineup/Combat Post Order:
@Michale CS as the GM
@Gands as Hercules
@Breach as Spawn
@Ringmaster as The Gunslinger
@LuckycoolHawk9 as Lucifer Morningstar
@Sonevar as John Constantine
@Drixe as "Bob" the Minion
@Michale CS as Squirrel Girl

(Yes I know this gives me two posts, I'm endeavoring to keep the group PC and NPC posts separate.)

We may not stick 100% to a post order, and I'll allow exceptions as long as the posts are timely and don't derail the party/plot with side conversations/actions that don't involve the majority of the party.

Last edited:
There was a sensation akin to a lucid dream, save that he could interact and change it. But the habits of a lifetime could not be easily broken and he had learned the value of patience. Aside from that, he had certain priorities that took center stage as it were, despite being called upon to help.

Allied he may be, but the Tower loomed above them all and the sheer solidity of it made his breath catch in his throat. The tower was a lighthouse of worlds, told in parable and story in variant ways across the multiverse it watched. Avalon the distant utopia, where Merlin was imprisoned and gained his insight, great Babel that was tossed down for forbidden ascention, so many stories. All of them true, for a given value of true. He could feel it, so much more omnipresent than the weakened state of his own home dimension and if that was so...

Perhaps others of his kind would be here. The Mid-World Guardians of the tower, it's defenders and protectors. One and all, wielding mighty weapons forged from the First Table from Arthur to Lancelot, where his own pistols originated. Would Roland be among them? Surviving as the true heir to their order? Or would there be others? Peaceful Gareth, Scrappy Garrett, both brothers in blood and deeds. Fallen during the betrayal of their order, their names and lives a litany of hatred with every bullet he fired. Would little Galad be there? The youngest trainee, but the purest in heart, who looked at him with eyes untouched by wariness, so much better a memory than as he last saw him.

And there was another. The final one that put his mind into a frenzy, calm as his outward appearance looked like now. He could see this particular gunslinger as clear as the waking world. Clad in black like him and Roland, identical in uniform but not in style. Where Roland was pure business and he bore a touch of faith in his clerical inspired garb, the third greatest of their number was a dandy born.

Green eyes shone mockingly in memory, as it's owner posed with a flirtatious smile. Hands like a pianist gripped pistols of silver and yew wood handles, etched over with thorns and roses. The guns borne from Clarent, blade of the Knight of Treachery.

Mordred.

Such reminisces would-must wait unfortunately. He could hear the roar of the Lower Umbra in his ears, like the sounds of the sea in a shell to one's ear. Hell knew he was here.

....Good. Perhaps Hercules had an inkling of his rare, urge for action because his next words was addressed to him.

He whispers to Lucifer, loud enough to be heard by those of his quest nearby... " In the world of my father, Nyx is powerful enough that Zeus himself dare not earn her wrath. Please bare this in mind, that she is not someone to be threatened or intimidated by the likes of any of us. "

He nodded curtly. He then turned and moved down into the audience area. Taking a seat with his back to the wall, he slipped off the latch on his revolvers. Any enemy that stepped into the club would find the hands of a Gunslinger more than ready to greet them.

@Michale CS @LuckycoolHawk9 @Drixe @Sonevar @Gands @Breach @superwolfgirl

Reactions: Gands
En Sabah Nur turned to the group. Before Hercules stepped forward and spoke, he acknowledged them. "You must be the 'they' that my progeny spoke of. I imagine you are here to protect the Shard." He looked at each of them in turn -
constantine.jpg "Dabbler. Right place and time indeed for your interference."
Spawn live action.jpg "Hellspawn. I admire your work."
LuciferEpic.jpg "A Gunslinger. Heh, why not?"
Lucifer live action.png "The would-be ruler of Hell. You've got competition here."
doreen green incognito.jpg "Squirrel Girl. The Anti-Life. You know, it bothers Darkseid to no end that they call you that, and not him."
"I know." Doreen, however, was squeeing internally at the fact that she was in the video that had just been shown. That meant there was another Squirrel Girl in this universe! She couldn't wait to meet her!

"I wagered you did."
hercules1.jpg "And Hercules, the Lion of Olympus."
Hercules walked up slowly and without the body language of threat towards En Sabah Nur.

" Sir, I do not believe we have met. Forgive my impertinence, but the situation seems... Dire.. My friends and I hope to be able to help solve this. What are you willing to tell us about She who has become Nyx ? "

"Of course you do. In my rush to save the Shard and perhaps all of reality being shattered, I granted it self-will so it could protect itself. In my hubris, I expected that I could control her, or at least direct her at the proper enemies. Though old beyond measure, she is also a newborn. Before I rebuffed her attempts just now, she... altered me somewhat. So, any preconcieved notions of who I was... discard them. She tried rewriting me as the perfect father to her, and to some extent, succeeded. Before, I was protecting reality itself. Now... now I protect my daughter. She... enjoys music. Greatly. Finding her shall be easy. Follow the music. She loves music and can alter reality to her whim. If I follow her currently she will only run again - until she changes her mind and decides she needs me. So... I will engage and hold off the forces of Thanos and Darkseid with my own, while you pursue this matter. If she dies... and this includes removing her sentience somehow..."

He pauses for effect, meeting each of their gazes in turn. "If she dies, I will destroy as many of you as I can manage. Are we clear?"

Meanwhile, at the Watchtower...
The WatchtowerJLA Orbital Base.jpg
Halfway though a rendition of Livin La Vida Loca, Bob notices a woman he doesn't recognize appear next to him. Maybe a new Justice League member?
inbetweener female reality shard Nyx 2.jpg "Sing Uptown Funk." She said, and Bob was granted the gift of normal human vocabulary while he was compelled to do just that.

@Drixe

Back at Karaoke Heroes...
"Wait, does this mean we're sort of in a... Musical?" Doreen asks, breaking the tension with a question that took Apocalypse totally off guard.

"I suppose it does, after a fashion."

"Yahoo!" Squirrel Girl jumped and fistpumped, and En Sabah Nur looked with pity at the other members of the party.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Sonevar @Ringmaster @superwolfgirl @Breach @Gands

Attachments

• JLA_Watchtower_2.jpg
    JLA_Watchtower_2.jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 4
Bob stars to sing as requested, he can't help but dance along. It seems he spent at least a few centurys of his long life mastering both, he even slips between dance styles seamlessly at many points. As he performs justice league members walk by, he dances around them unbothered. He never even misses a beat.

Used to him only speaking his odd mixed language the others take notice, its not like they can help it with him singing and dancing around them. At some point cyborg and beast boy join him. Then their team leaders scowl at them and the slink off back to their dutys.

Eventually he finishes the song and bows. Then he grabs his cleaning supply and heads off to put them up. The new women notices wonderwomen looking at her.

Last edited:
the-watchtowerjla-orbital-base-jpg.158349

Eventually he finishes the song and bows. Then he grabs his cleaning supply and heads off to put them up. The new woman notices Wonder Woman looking at her.
"I'm Nyx. I'm sure you know the name. I'm also sure you know my sister Gaia. Hmm?" She paused and shrugged. "This place has become less fun. I'm going back to Earth."

Before Diana could do anything else, Nyx had disappeared. She knew better to challenge her. In space it's always night and Nyx is the mother of Night...

@Drixe

As Spawn stands with his group, he hears the voice of hell and they knew Spawn is here. He wonders if this world’s Spawn is another version of himself with the same strength and weaknesses. He will not bother with hell because of the mission, but he put it in it’s place, and the creatures that reside in it, if they tried anything. His cape changes and flatten into a shadow, blending in with other shadows, just in case someone tries anything. He hears what Apocalypse “So, it is the Ender Bringer himself. So, how did I gain your attention? I sure there others who done worse, like Thanos.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Michale CS
Lucifer Morningstar

Silence. It was something that he truly enjoyed and missed. Not being at war with a voice in your own head. He didn't care that there was another him here. He knew that Hell would be alerted. He was after all an anamoly. " A musical? Well bloody hell, I rather not be forced to sing, but if it involves the reality shard, I doubt I will have the choice. We will protect her, I'd rather not be on your bad side, even if is a fabricated one at that," he calmly replied.

For once, he was excited for their prospects... though he wasn't sure how long that would last.

@Michale CS @Gands @Ringmaster @Breach @Others

• Useful
John Constantine

"The Dabbler..." he chuckles "right"

He turns away paying no more heed to Apocalypse, he faces his companions "bloody toff"

"Well it's like the man on the 'tele said after his mate went an 'nackered that tow truck when they was chase'n the alien yeah? 'There's always some death ray or some currilian plague about to wipe out life on this miserable little planet... the only way that these people get on with their happy lives is THEY DO NOT KNOW ABOUT IT' it's the same with the bigbads right? There's always some new tosser yell'n 'bout how he's gonna end the world! or change the world! but in the end it doesn't matter... big, small, clever, powermad, tits, or bollocks, they're all the same... you just gotta find the right buttons to push."

He smiles at them and executes a wide half-spin sweeping his arm as if to encompass a lot "...and the really brilliant bit is, with everybody in a fit to announce themselves here so that everybody knows who they are.... it's like they're all bleed'n Father Christmas, givin away they're true names and right proper pronunciations like my name's at the top of the good boy list and it's time for the holidays!"

He turns back to them with an almost evil grin, rubbing his hands together gleefully "I'm gonna have me a load of buttons to push..."

• Nice Execution!
En Sabah Nur just shrugged and walked toward the door, but disappeared before he got there. "I've given you all the help I can with finding Nyx. I'll do my part. Don't fail in yours..."

Then...
"This is going to be so AWESOME!" Doreen literally jumped and fistpumped again, then grabbed a remote control, flipping through the channels of one of the TVs at the bar. "He said follow the music... so if there's a weird musical disruption it's bound to end up on TV, right?"

<CLICK>
"Okay... weird, musical... but also a cartoon. An oddly captivating cartoon. Next!"

<CLICK>
The next bit was a newscast about a plane flying from Kansas City to New York.
"Musical, random... but this was recorded yesterday... soo, it probably happened before she got here. We're getting closer though!"

<CLICK>
The next station featured a huge group of men and women coming out of... everywhere, their cars, businesses, homes, to gather in Fountain Square in Cincinnati, all chanting the same eerie chant.
]

"Weird, creepy, and related to darkness and a goddess and stuff... so... who has a fast way to Ohio?"

@Sonevar @Drixe @Ringmaster @LuckycoolHawk9 @superwolfgirl @Gands @Breach

Ohio. He glanced over at the group, opting to rise at this point. With steady tread, he considered his place here. An open stage, lots of performances and a need to stand out and be admired...Yes. He could work with this. He made a gesture and the world opened up before him.

Revealing a glade on the other side, he said offhand.

"Do not stray from the path, nor leave metal of any kind. Do not eat the food nor drink the water. This is faerie country we pass through."

And with that, he strode right in.

About a ten minute walk and he'd open a new hole into Ohio. The Nevernever worked much the same here, thankfully. Small blessing that.

@Party​

• Useful
Hercules. Lion of Olympus

Hercules listened to the man in the coat ranting about names. He sounded terribly grumpy. Not the best way to start out. Hercules himself was in fine sprits. He was thinking of a fine tribute song for Nyx.

Meanwhile Constantin's whiney prattle seemed over and the gunslinger fellow has gone and opened up a portal.

"Well done lad, well done indeed."

He was the first into the portal, gently slapping bar owner Lucifer on the shoulder as he passed.

" Come along master Bar Owner Lucifer..or you'll miss the party!"

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Michale CS @Ringmaster @Sonevar @Drixe

• Bucket of Rainbows
Constantine was gearing up to... nevermind... a portal? He shrugged and strolled in, his mind cataloging yet another pathway to add to the map rattling somewhere around in his mind. He stuck his hands in his pockets and shrugged as he made to follow the gunslinger.

Lucifer Morningstar

Lucifer brushed the sleeve where Hercules had slapped and sighed. It wasn't like he had much of a choice. Perhaps he wouldn't have to sing or at least if he had too, he would get to do it with a piano. He would prefer to do with a piano close by. " I imagine we will find much on this side,, now hopefully, it doesn't activate as soon as we get close. It's not that i'm a bad singer, I just rather not be forced to do it against my will."

@Michale CS @Sonevar @Ringmaster @Gands @Breach

The minion put up the mop and bucket and made his way to his room. After a long shift cleaning up he decided to go for a swim. He switched from his overalls to his swimsuit, and made his way to the aquatic therapy wing. He shock his head wondering why they used that name. You could just call it a pool area.

He knew he could have a moment's peace there. Everyone avoided talking to him there, he wasn't sure why though. It didn't matter it worked and that was good enough for him. Truth of the matter us it was a combination of many things. He seemed to annoy a lot of the people there so they were glad to have him out if sight for a bit. That and his choice is swimwear played a big part. He was a fan of a more European cut Speedo style that showed more of his hindquarters then most were comfortable to see.

Either way at least he could relax and not be forced to take any of there tests or answer any questions if his past. Lately Batman had dug up some research on him and his clan's history of working with some if history's most morally questionable leaders and dictators. This didn't sit well with some of the league's more pious members. His involvement in a few supervillen's henchman army's wasn't much better in their eyes.

He finally got to the pool area and slipped into the water, luckily it was already empty so he leaned back and relaxed.

Last edited:
"Do not stray from the path, nor leave metal of any kind. Do not eat the food nor drink the water. This is faerie country we pass through."

And with that, he strode right in.

About a ten minute walk and he'd open a new hole into Ohio. The Nevernever worked much the same here, thankfully. Small blessing that.

Hercules. Lion of Olympus

Hercules listened to the man in the coat ranting about names. He sounded terribly grumpy. Not the best way to start out. Hercules himself was in fine sprits. He was thinking of a fine tribute song for Nyx.

Meanwhile Constantin's whiney prattle seemed over and the gunslinger fellow has gone and opened up a portal.

"Well done lad, well done indeed."

He was the first into the portal, gently slapping bar owner Lucifer on the shoulder as he passed.

" Come along master Bar Owner Lucifer..or you'll miss the party!"

Constantine was gearing up to... nevermind... a portal? He shrugged and strolled in, his mind cataloging yet another pathway to add to the map rattling somewhere around in his mind. He stuck his hands in his pockets and shrugged as he made to follow the gunslinger.

Lucifer Morningstar

Lucifer brushed the sleeve where Hercules had slapped and sighed. It wasn't like he had much of a choice. Perhaps he wouldn't have to sing or at least if he had too, he would get to do it with a piano. He would prefer to do with a piano close by. " I imagine we will find much on this side,, now hopefully, it does
Two minutes into that walk, Doreen had met some very interesting squirrels. Five minutes in, she'd fed nuts to one of them (little did she know that leaving food for fae, even fae squirrels, was an appeasement), Seven minutes in, she'd made a handful of new friends and one of them said she'd come help her if she got in trouble in the human world ( the one she'd fed without ask of favor in return ), but right before they exited, the squirrels of this freaking awesome shortcut world had scattered and moved on.

When the party left the Nevernever, there was one more person with them. Brigid.
brigid.jpg
"Ye walk through me garden path, Hercules, and ye dinnae e'en stop ta visit? I'm almost hurt by that. Luckily, I'm in a fair mood, an' up for an adventure, as it looks like ye and yer companions be up fer. So why don't ye let me know what yer grand quest is so that we can complete it and... celebrate, like we used to, eh?" She sidled up to Hercules, taking his arm, and giving him a sultry wink. Had Hercules ever slept with Brigid in his home universe? Let's be honest, it's more than likely, but here, apparently he had.

Either way at least he could relax and not be forced to take any of there tests or answer any questions if his past. Lately Batman had dug up some research on him and his clan's history of working with some if history's most morally questionable leaders and dictators. This didn't sit well with some of the league's more pious members. His involvement in a few supervillen's henchman army's wasn't much better in their eyes.

He finally got to the pool area and slipped into the water, luckily it was already empty so he leaned back and relaxed.
the-watchtowerjla-orbital-base-jpg.158349

"Bob. I need to see what it was that the woman you encountered did to your mind. Diana has concerns." The Manhunter said to him, waving him over to exit the pool. "Hmm... it seems that Nyx has forged a psychic link between you and herself. It is very strong. I am sorry, Bob, but until we can know her motivations, we will have to confine you. Do not worry, however. Consider it a vacation. We will provide all you need. Come with me."

Then, he remembered who he was talking to, and shape shifted into another Minion and translated into Minionese for Bob.
manhunter minion.jpg
"No deep torute com tu toca. Wud no dif to nupi ich. Ism de Gelato yee bananas. To go com me prompo."
Bob of course heard this as - That lady that made you dance messed with your mind, so until we find out if it's bad you're being given a vacation in a room with lots of ice cream and bananas. Come with me now.

As they walked, however, as some strange side effect of either the minion transformation or Nyx's meddling or both, Bob and the Minion Manhunter began to sing on the way to the confinement area...
@Drixe

The Nevernever was less a realm and more the imaginings of one. It was a place labyrinthine and twisted, where favors were currency and the powers-that-be ruled according to their nature, life and death in opposing dances. They were aware of him, having traveled for a while through these roads.

Now they would be aware of others, though whether it'd pass onto their own world was anyone's guess. As it were, he'd step foot on mortal ground and as soon as everyone was out, closed the portal.

Now they just had to find the person they were seeking and he breathed deeply, looking around as he took their bearings.
@Michale CS @everyone

Hercules Lion of Olympus

" My dear and exquisite Lady, I may have forgotten exactly how to find you... but I could never forget you or the beauty of your garden!

It is quite clear that he knows her well. He is quite happy as they walk along.

" We are at present my Lady searching for someone who is in some danger. Please join us if you wish. Allow me to introce my companions, this is John, the Gunslinger, Luci and Miss D, heroine of the squirrels !"

Last edited:
As he heard manhunter talk he frowned. Great more tests, then he saw him transform. Understanding English perfectly he didn't need it translated In his language, but he was glad to hear it again from someone else. At the mention of bananas and ice cream all resistance was gone." Bannanas, gelato?".

Bob followed Martian manhunter to the room, singing as they went. Everyone they passed looked at them oddly. A minion version of Martian manhunter and Bob wearing only his flip flops and his swim suit. The station was used to a certain level of weirdness but this was new.

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Lucifer Morningstar

Lucifer sighed as they walked through the weird world and didn't even bother to comment on how Hercules had bedded a strange woman here. He just rolled with it.

He wasn't sure if it was Hercules's new memories, but he wasn't about to question it. If it was another person in this world who could help them, then it was worth the wait.

" I prefer Lucifer, Ma'am if you don't mind. I don't know you and even if you are a friend of Hercules, it is more of a nickname that I'm rarely okay with being used," he replied, as he rather not have everyone call him Luci forever. Heck, he hated it when most people called him that that he wasn't close with and was still bugged when Hercules did it. " The help would be greatly appreciated though," he said.

@Gands @Michale CS

Constantine mused to himself as the new arrival announced herself.... 'Great....' he thought, 'another monkey for the circus'. He kept his thoughts to himself however and was uncharacteristically quiet. Things were getting done, that meant, that he didn't have to do them. With luck, whatever crisis had drawn him out of anonymity would be over soon, that way he could get back to being insignificant and no one would die because of him.

• Useful
Spawn has been in other strange realms and this realm is no different. He wonders if they will be able to convince Nyx to talk to come with them and to come with them. If she says no, they would need to give her reasons to convince her to come . Force is out the question beucase she could wipe them all out with just a snape of her fingers. They may need something to gain her attention in order for them to get her to be drawn to them first.

Last edited by a moderator: