Status
Not open for further replies.
"And for the record, he got beat within an inch of his life and is currently blinded and the guy responsible got off in Court today. So yeah."

Though if he knew Raph, guy wasn't the sort to rest on his ass when something like this went down.

He expected to hear about it later, somehow.
"Man, those guys know how to suck the fun out of everything. And that's not an easy thing to do. Anything we can do, other than, well, clean up and stuff?" Mikey kicked a piece of debris, which went bouncing over toward a trash can. Soon, he was cleaning up as best he could as well.

"Sometimes I get frustrated, ya know? I just saved a girl from being mugged, and she just, freaked out and ran away. What good is it if we help people like this, if after all we do, stuff like this happens, and even when we do get the bad guy, people don't even think we're the good guys?" He picked up a few pieces from a broken noodle bowl.

"It's like, we got this broken noodle bowl and all we got to fix it with are bandaids, man. We can get it to kind of look like a noodle bowl again, but you put anything in it, it's gonna spill and fall apart all over again. What's the use? What's the use?!" His temper was rarely riled, but it easily rivaled Raphael's when it was. Mikey crushed the pieces of the bowl in his hands and stared at them.

"We gotta do something, Case."

@Ringmaster

I get up with my new partner, feeling just a little too armored for casual fun. Luckily, there was investigation to do.

Have you been keeping up with all the new Meta's in town lately ? Seems to be some shifting about between cities.

You driving or would you like to be on the back of a motorcycle?
"Hell, it's been awhile since I've been on the back of a motorcycle. Yours doesn't... burst into the flames of Hell when you drive, it, right?" She joked, following.

"Too many to follow. That's SHIELD's job, or the DEO's. Not mine. But yeah, I noticed. Underworld is buzzing too. New players moving into town. Some expanding. It's the calm before the storm as far as that goes..."

@Gands

"Man, those guys know how to suck the fun out of everything. And that's not an easy thing to do. Anything we can do, other than, well, clean up and stuff?" Mikey kicked a piece of debris, which went bouncing over toward a trash can. Soon, he was cleaning up as best he could as well.

"Sometimes I get frustrated, ya know? I just saved a girl from being mugged, and she just, freaked out and ran away. What good is it if we help people like this, if after all we do, stuff like this happens, and even when we do get the bad guy, people don't even think we're the good guys?" He picked up a few pieces from a broken noodle bowl.

"It's like, we got this broken noodle bowl and all we got to fix it with are bandaids, man. We can get it to kind of look like a noodle bowl again, but you put anything in it, it's gonna spill and fall apart all over again. What's the use? What's the use?!" His temper was rarely riled, but it easily rivaled Raphael's when it was. Mikey crushed the pieces of the bowl in his hands and stared at them.

"We gotta do something, Case."

@Ringmaster
"Hey, easy on the angst. Next thing you know, you're gonna exchange that headband for a red one and god knows, we don't need two Raph's."

He leaned against the counter and shrugged to his questions.

"Dude, I wear a hockey mask and I beat people up with sports equipment. I'm a simple guy at heart. That said, I notice things and lately...Well, cities been kind of on edge, crime wise. Since Kingpin went to prison, lot of the other big fish in the pond kept away from his territory instead of dividing it. To top it off, I just smacked one of his goons before coming here- In Foot territory. Not sure what's going on, but things are weird enough as it is. Don't suppose you talk to the other costumes? Y'know as Turtle Terror?"

@Michale CS

Reactions: Michale CS
No you aren't so lucky as that. Just a normal motorcycle, it's nice, BMW.

Yeah Dakota, I feel it coming when I'm on the street. Something bad is coming.

Where are we going again ?

@Michale CS

"Dude, I wear a hockey mask and I beat people up with sports equipment. I'm a simple guy at heart. That said, I notice things and lately...Well, cities been kind of on edge, crime wise. Since Kingpin went to prison, lot of the other big fish in the pond kept away from his territory instead of dividing it. To top it off, I just smacked one of his goons before coming here- In Foot territory. Not sure what's going on, but things are weird enough as it is. Don't suppose you talk to the other costumes? Y'know as Turtle Terror?"
Mikey picked up a wooden cup and tossed it. It bounced off of Casey's head and ricocheted into a trash can. "That's Turtle Titan, knucklehead. But that's not a bad idea after all. But you know what I need to do first? Get some pizza, dude. What say we finish up here and go to Fazio's the next block over? I packed my trenchcoat and hat in my backpack."

@Ringmaster

"Little place called Marco's. Also known as the Switzerland of Brooklyn. Because nobody, not from the youngest gang member to the biggest crime boss, will start anything there. Marco himself is a retired made man. Retired, because he decided he wanted out one day and... retired his whole crime family and opened up the restaurant with some of the proceeds." She said as she got onto the back of the bike.

"Some say he's a meta who just never misses a shot. Some say he's just that good. One thing's for certain, no one starts anything at Marco's, out of respect. Though... another such Switzerland got the swiss cheese treatment recently, buut, I need to overhear some things and this may be the safest place to do that. Besides, the cannoli are amazing." Dakota would wordlessly direct Psy each time they had to turn to get to Marco's.

Once they were sat down, She ordered herself an espresso and started paging over the menu.

@Gands

I don't live far from here Dakota. Fury took me in here more than a few times. Go figure why he liked the place.

I look comfortable here, ordering pastafagioli with the deluxe antipasto salad.

I don't live far from here Dakota. Fury took me in here more than a few times. Go figure why he liked the place.

I look comfortable here, ordering pastafagioli with the deluxe antipasto salad.
"So, I know you don't want to talk about it but... you're a freelancer, know Nick Fury, and you seem to have a sort of military presence about you. I wont ask you to confirm, though this is my guess. During that whole period where SHIELD got turned rotten from the inside out by HYDRA, you were one of the agents that got caught in the political crossfire and had to go low profile in response." She ordered just the antipasto and an order of foccacia with tomato and mozzarella for her own starter.

@Gands

Yeah, I have a foreign air to myself I guess. The political situation very much soured right about then and none of Mother's remaining connections in Shield were of any help. Fury of course, had his own problems.

I had two years as part of the Israeli military prior to shield. I worked in counter intelligence. I have a doctorate in Psychology and I speak ten languages. I am a good programmer and I like camping.

What I don't have in abundance is money.

@Michale CS

Last edited by a moderator:

She placed her drink down delicately upon a coaster, the ritual giving the words time to settle before she spoke in turn.

"Mr. Stokes....I know my fathers....Excesses has given him a particular name in the circles we run around. Rest assured, despite that? There truly is no other place I would rather be than by his side. When I was a child, my earliest memories had been him teaching me our clans traditions. Honing me to what I am now- Everything I am, I owe to him. I would not have it any other way. We are, as we are...And the only thing that we can change, is that which we take with our own hands."

She breathed deeply, letting the scent of the club fill her lungs as she sighed out before continuing.

"....For now however, you may consider my words as those of my father. And let me say, he sees no color. He sees no race, nor even humanity. There is only power and skill and out of respect for both, we have avoided Harlem as a point of honoring both demonstrated." That and they had enough to keep them busy in East Village and Chinatown. More so, with the four thorns in their side whom they had clashed with, time and again. Like Wilson Fisk, it would have upset the balance of power to move in and with this unspoken agreement, all of them in this line of work had managed to accumulate their own power and prestige. Hell's Kitchen quaked before the Kingpin. Harlem was the den of the Cottonmouth and in Chinatown and East Village, the Foot had placed its mark on every illegal and legal line of work. Merely so much and no more.

Until now.

"We feel however, it is time to change that. Fisk had a run-in with a Devil as well as...The other one. You yourself, have experienced vigilante problems of your own. Ourselves, alas there are those who do not share our Clan's vision of purpose. For the longest time, we've watched our backs from each other as well as the costumed folk....Tonight, the Foot Clan has decreed 'no more.'"

She took her drink back up and sipped it slowly before putting it back down.

"Have I caught your interest, Mr. Stokes?"

@OrlandoBloomers
rgZcQPC.gif

He gave a noncommittal, though respectful, shrug of the hands to her assurance of the elusive Shredder's character, not truly criticizing how the man did things. Operational differences, he supposed. Character was in the fruit of a man's efforts, and if the power his name carried on the underworld scene was any fair indicator the Shredder had plenty of character.

"Mama Mabel would've liked your pops. She was all about the commitment."

Another short, rattling cackle, but otherwise he retained a curious silence for the rest of the woman's speech, eyes on the music but ears following her every word. When she was done, Cottonmouth edged his tongue briefly over his lips again, a habit carried over from the knock his teeth took as a juvenile, and shifted in his seat. His drink lay untouched before him. To her question, he kept his eyes focused over the balcony but gave her a slow, assured nod.

"I ain't about to throw your ass out halfway through if that's what you askin'. More than that, I respect what you and your people have done out on the streets. Something old-school about it; Personal. Always admire a cat who's spent real time out there, boot-to-ground. Half these mobster types, these young bloods, these gimmickheads from Gotham, they ain't ever ran the streets personally. They're desk financers with guns who think that makes 'em a G. Not the way you operate. Me, neither. Way I see it, that makes us similar, even if I don't quite apply myself to the ninja shit."

That being said, an alliance with the Foot like what he was reading would make him powerful friends and a whole new set of enemies. There had to be a dealmaker in here somewhere.

"So."

He opened his hands once more, bidding her continue.

"Break it down for me. What I'm hearing is something Fisk already tried. Madame Gao, Owlsley, Nobu and the Ranskahov brothers. A little criminal union."

Cornell chuckled, running his tongue briefly across his lower teeth.

"Didn't work out so well for any of 'em."

@Ringmaster

• Bucket of Rainbows

260 Greenwich Street, New York. Just like any average street in New York. A high school and community college just up the road a ways. A baseball park close by. A theater at the next intersection, right behind a Goldman Sachs. All sitting on the coastline. Just like any average street in New York...rolling in cash and lacking in any real security. Perfect, as far as he's concerned. Less so for--

"The Bank of America Financial Center?! You're kidding me, right?"

"What's the problem?"

"It's the B of A financial center!!"

His shoulders just raised in a half-shrug, palms held up in a "so what" manner. "Still don't see the issue there."

"It ain't like hitting any ma & pa shop, or sticking up a gas station convenience store. The cameras, the vault doors, the alarms, the security. Do I gotta go on?"

"None of that'll be a problem. I ain't a rookie here. I've been around the block, mate. Cameras?" He made a scissor gesture with his index and middle fingers. "I got a thing or two for them and alarms. Ditto vault doors. Like cracking a walnut. No big deal. Way I see it, biggest issue is any security guards thinking they're GI Joe or something like that. And they're really not. I know, I've seen it. Been there, done that. Kept the gold tooth." He grinned.

"So, you in or out?"

"...Fine. You better be selling yourself straight on this."

SVyLZ1m.jpg

"Course I am."

-------------------------

A few hours later... "No hard feelings." He remarked to the unconscious other guy, catching the steel boomerang on the return. "Just business, ya know. You would have caved soon as the cops caught you. Just like an amateur. Least this way I don't hafta split the hoard." Hefting the two filled sports bags up with one hand, he stepped right over the stubborn security guy on his way for the back door exit. "Easy money."

rgZcQPC.gif

He gave a noncommittal, though respectful, shrug of the hands to her assurance of the elusive Shredder's character, not truly criticizing how the man did things. Operational differences, he supposed. Character was in the fruit of a man's efforts, and if the power his name carried on the underworld scene was any fair indicator the Shredder had plenty of character.

"Mama Mabel would've liked your pops. She was all about the commitment."

Another short, rattling cackle, but otherwise he retained a curious silence for the rest of the woman's speech, eyes on the music but ears following her every word. When she was done, Cottonmouth edged his tongue briefly over his lips again, a habit carried over from the knock his teeth took as a juvenile, and shifted in his seat. His drink lay untouched before him. To her question, he kept his eyes focused over the balcony but gave her a slow, assured nod.

"I ain't about to throw your ass out halfway through if that's what you askin'. More than that, I respect what you and your people have done out on the streets. Something old-school about it; Personal. Always admire a cat who's spent real time out there, boot-to-ground. Half these mobster types, these young bloods, these gimmickheads from Gotham, they ain't ever ran the streets personally. They're desk financers with guns who think that makes 'em a G. Not the way you operate. Me, neither. Way I see it, that makes us similar, even if I don't quite apply myself to the ninja shit."

That being said, an alliance with the Foot like what he was reading would make him powerful friends and a whole new set of enemies. There had to be a dealmaker in here somewhere.

"So."

He opened his hands once more, bidding her continue.

"Break it down for me. What I'm hearing is something Fisk already tried. Madame Gao, Owlsley, Nobu and the Ranskahov brothers. A little criminal union."

Cornell chuckled, running his tongue briefly across his lower teeth.

"Didn't work out so well for any of 'em."

Excellent. And well-informed as well, that made this easier. That and to an extent, Mr. Stokes was right. The Foot Clan operated on the streets, with every chunin expected to have served his time in the lower ranks. It weeded out the incompetent and ensured that they had a basic understanding of the world they lived in. Unless you thought fast, you were dead and the Clan's survival was more than enough statement to showcase their skill in a world filled with the vigilantes and masked men and women of today.

But even the best of them fell to pieces, as Wilson Fisk demonstrated and she looked out the direction of the stage in thoughtful consideration before she spoke.

"Wilson Fisk is in many respects, someone who has earned his repute but he made a mistake. He believed he was dealing with a man, what he was fighting was a symbol." She reached out for the card she displayed earlier, the Foot Clan's emblem dancing around and back and forth between her fingers as she continued.

"The Devil was nigh-supernatural, capable of seemingly almost anything and was certainly more well-trained then the majority of the people he hired to protect his interests. Combine with his mystique and the recent social media regarding these...Vigilantes and their powers, and their minds perform the rest."

She narrowed her eyes and placed the card back down.

"So we fight them on their level. The Foot Clan has experience in....Fighting symbols. But unlike the Hand, we shall not go in alone. And we will make it a costly venture for these heroes to wander the streets. To that end, we are prepared to offer this sum."

Pen and paper from her suit jacket, she folded it and passed it over.

The number in question would have been triple his current rate for his weapons as she spoke.

"We wish to pay you to do what you do with your weapons....Except for one thing. Spread them out among the city proper. Give every thug, everyone you can regardless of one of these toys. Make them common and give those who are bulletproof and secure a reason to fear the gun, like everyone else. Which brings us to the next phase- Distribution."

She smiled.

"We are willing to accommodate your kiosks in Chinatown and East Village, under our protection in exchange for a mere ten percent of all earnings. Your investments will be our investments and we will protect them with all the skill the Clan has to offer. If all goes well, within a single year we'll have the same setup in every other territory, all with the intent to properly arm our Underworld and run these heroes ragged." There was a beat and then she picked up the card as she added quietly.

"And then my father will take over the next phase of the plan."

@OrlandoBloomers

Hefting the two filled sports bags up with one hand, he stepped right over the stubborn security guy on his way for the back door exit. "Easy money."
fla104b0108bjpg-d63e8c_640w.jpg
"That's the funny thing about money. It's never easy." He raised his unusual gun and pointed it Boomerang's way.

"And in case you were wondering how I just happened to be here, let's just say that in light of recent developments, I've got all the time in the world."

"But as ironic as it would be to rob a robber, that's not why I am here. I need you to look for someone for me. Someone who might run in your... elite circles. What's in it for you, you might ask? Well, one... I don't freeze those bags of money solid, and give a new meaning to the phrase cold cash, and two, I don't show up the next time you decide to go on a fundraising spree for a beer run and freeze your head instead. Plus... I might just cover your back, like I just did. If you look out on the street you'll find two of NYPD's finest, chillin' in their patrol car."

He lowered the gun slightly. "So, what's it gonna be, Captain?"
@C.T.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gands
"That's the funny thing about money. It's never easy." He raised his unusual gun and pointed it Boomerang's way.
He just froze midstep, resisting the urge to roll his eyes and just mouthed "Of course" before turning around to face this guy.​

"And in case you were wondering how I just happened to be here, let's just say that in light of recent developments, I've got all the time in the world."
"Funny. I really couldn't give less of a damn how you got here."

"But as ironic as it would be to rob a robber, that's not why I am here. I need you to look for someone for me. Someone who might run in your... elite circles. What's in it for you, you might ask? Well, one... I don't freeze those bags of money solid, and give a new meaning to the phrase cold cash, and two, I don't show up the next time you decide to go on a fundraising spree for a beer run and freeze your head instead. Plus... I might just cover your back, like I just did. If you look out on the street you'll find two of NYPD's finest, chillin' in their patrol car." He lowered the gun slightly. "So, what's it gonna be, Captain?"
"What do I think? Being one hundred percent honest, sounds like a hell of a Hobson's choice, innit? Say no, get a frozen payday instead of the hot dough. Probably a fight with ya that goes on however long, till one of those hero types busts on in and gets us both, cuz frozen cops not answering their radio sends up all sorts of alarm bells. So..." He dropped the bags briefly, reaching into his coat and pulling out Pinky for a second, just to grab the can of beer in his inner pocket. Putting her back, he cracked open the can and took an appreciative slurp.

"Let's hear it then. Mebbe without the goddamn ice puns, yeah?"

@Michale CS

"What do I think? Being one hundred percent honest, sounds like a hell of a Hobson's choice, innit? Say no, get a frozen payday instead of the hot dough. Probably a fight with ya that goes on however long, till one of those hero types busts on in and gets us both, cuz frozen cops not answering their radio sends up all sorts of alarm bells. So..." He dropped the bags briefly, reaching into his coat and pulling out Pinky for a second, just to grab the can of beer in his inner pocket. Putting her back, he cracked open the can and took an appreciative slurp.

"Let's hear it then. Mebbe without the goddamn ice puns, yeah?"
"You're smarter than you look. I stand corrected." He started.

Snart pulled an envelope out from within his own jacket and passed it to Boomerang. "Inside that, you'll find a picture, and a few details, about who I need to find, as well as a phone number to contact me at if you find a lead on her. It's actually her father that I'm trying to find, but family bonds, right? She's also doing her level best right now to avoid daddy dearest on her own, which has made my job a lot harder, and that's why you get brought into the picture."

He paced back a few steps, lowering his goggles. "You call me when you get a lead, I'll decide how much that lead is worth in cash at the time. Untraceable, unmarked cash, unlike a lot of the cash they keep lying around in banks." he looked down at the bags at Boomerang's side.

"So do we have a deal, or are we waiting the Friendly Neighborhood whatever to show up and interrupt our conversation? Tick Tock."

@C.T.

"You're smarter than you look. I stand corrected." He started.

Snart pulled an envelope out from within his own jacket and passed it to Boomerang. "Inside that, you'll find a picture, and a few details, about who I need to find, as well as a phone number to contact me at if you find a lead on her. It's actually her father that I'm trying to find, but family bonds, right? She's also doing her level best right now to avoid daddy dearest on her own, which has made my job a lot harder, and that's why you get brought into the picture."

He paced back a few steps, lowering his goggles. "You call me when you get a lead, I'll decide how much that lead is worth in cash at the time. Untraceable, unmarked cash, unlike a lot of the cash they keep lying around in banks." he looked down at the bags at Boomerang's side.

"So do we have a deal, or are we waiting the Friendly Neighborhood whatever to show up and interrupt our conversation? Tick Tock."
"Tch." Boomerang grunted. "Walk a mile with me smartass, you'll find I'm full of surprises." He grabbed the envelope swiftly, roughly stuffing it inside one of the bags before picking both back up. "Let them try to find me." He growled at the comment of the bank cash. "As for the deal...I'll look it over. No promises. That good enough for you? Am I free to go or you gonna use some of that oh so spooky ice shite on me?"

@Michale CS

"What are you doing?"

The voice echoed through Azalias head as she looked at the paper on her desk. Having her head down on the table was the only way for her to actually do her work but it looked like she was sleeping. The teachers knew she was... well blind was the best word or near sightless? But, the other students thought she just slept through class. Dannie continued to try to get her attention which, after the fifth attempt her suceeded. Lifting her head up and turning to look at him the necklace around her neck chimed ever so lightly. Looking directly at him he seemed somewhat startled "I can hear you, I am doing my work. Atleast trying to." She snapped suddenly.

Rubbing her head she sighed before collecting her things and standing up. The teacher didn't say anything as she walked out of the class and into the main halls of the building. Grumbling slightly her head pounded something awful and after the recent annoyance, she couldn't take it anymore. Leaving the college she walked out onto the busy streets of New York to almost be shoulder clipped by a student sprinting past her. Grunting she fell backwards dropping all her stuff making it scatter across the steps. Nearly tearing up she just sat there in defeat before taking the necklace in her hand and waving it around. It may look odd but she figured out where everything was and quickly gathered it up before anyone decided to help her.

Stuffing the loose papers into a folder she put the necklace back on so she could see directly infront of her. Wow was it cold... it was really cold. Tugging the jacket she had on tighter she took a moment and stepped off the sidewalk into one of the many alleyways in the city. She had a long way to walk to get back 'home' and she wanted to be sure she didn't freeze to death. Zipping her jacket up she grumbled about being to skinny and having no meat on her bones before turning around and looking into the Alleyway. It wasn't bad looking but... wait, shortcut. Walking through it she came out to one of the backstreets where the crowds werent nearly as dense. Actually, there werent people anywhere. Sure, parts were still recovering from all the crazy that has happened to the city but, atleast here it was quiet.​

"Tch." Boomerang grunted. "Walk a mile with me smartass, you'll find I'm full of surprises." He grabbed the envelope swiftly, roughly stuffing it inside one of the bags before picking both back up. "Let them try to find me." He growled at the comment of the bank cash. "As for the deal...I'll look it over. No promises. That good enough for you? Am I free to go or you gonna use some of that oh so spooky ice shite on me?"
Snart raised his hands, and chuckled. "You're free to go, Captain. Just realize... this could be a lot more lucrative than knocking over banks... if you play your cards right." He targeted the ground in front of him causing a lot of water vapor to form, hiding his departure.

Once Boomerang looked at the contents of the envelope, he'd find a picture, a name and a phone number, that last presumably belonging to Snart.

8CGImhM.jpg

Scandal Savage

@C.T.

Walking through it she came out to one of the backstreets where the crowds weren't nearly as dense. Actually, there weren't people anywhere. Sure, parts were still recovering from all the crazy that has happened to the city but, at least here it was quiet.
kUfsLRu.jpg
Tap. Tap. Tap.
She heard the cane before the man came close enough to speak.

"Girl like you alone in an alley, doesn't seem right."
Tap. Tap. Tap.

He came closer, pausing nearby.
"Though I'm blind, I know my way around these alleys like my own apartment. I can escort you safely to where you need to be. If not, well, you're not exactly in a safe neighborhood. I did my civic duty."

Tap. Tap. Tap.
The sound passed her and continued down the alley as he made his way. It was up to her whether she followed along or not.
@Angelic Fusion

I had two years as part of the Israeli military prior to shield. I worked in counter intelligence. I have a doctorate in Psychology and I speak ten languages. I am a good programmer and I like camping.

What I don't have in abundance is money.
"Preaching to the choir, honey. Don't let the fancy digs fool you. I'm up to my chin in bills and stay afloat every month by some miracle or another. Or by being hired by Nelson and Murdock and actually being paid." Dakota shared.

"So like I said... at least some of these so called vampire attacks are ruses, which go far too out of the way to collect small amounts of blood from people unawares and in a way that sounds crazy to the general populace. It seems a lot of work to go through for such a small thing, and some kind of illusions are involved. After we finish our lunch, we'll go to that alley, see if you can't object read something that will help. And don't worry, as of now, you're on retainer for this case. Two hundred per day plus expenses. Provided the expenses make some sort of sense."

@Gands

Status
Not open for further replies.