3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Urban Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Modern, Horror, Magical... pretty flexible.
d1e525c57b80e7b911a24988acc26a6d6ee6c6da2313aa46acfeecb680114598.jpeg

This, is National City. Home of CatCo Worldwide Media, Lord Technologies among other things.

National City is a bustling city that lies between Los Angeles and San Diego along the coast of California, and home to several million people.

Of course, strange things seem to happen here on the regular. Strangely, the city seems to take all of this in stride, maybe partially do to the masterful spins that CatCo seems to put on nearly every unusual event.

It also boasts a large university National City University, touted for its teaching and law programs.

[[ OOC - This will be the freeplay thread for those in the Epic Crossover clan who want to play in National CIty, if you want to play and aren't a member of the clan, please join! ]]​

"Let's just say Doreen, folks are understandably pissed off about it, namely the police, the media, and even the mayor. Guess who has to deal with their complaints and questions, starting today."

Beach pointed at himself make it clear he was the one.
Doreen walked up to him and draped her tail around his back, which was, both comforting, and kind of strange. "Sorry mister. I kind of identify but well..."

She pointed to herself. "...adorbs girl with a super cute tail and super awesome disposition. Even Old J. Jonah himself can't stay mad at me long, back when I was on the other side of the country. I can understand but not identify. I mean, if it would help, I could like drop by and say that I helped out with kicking bad guy butt and that might pull some attention away from you and your government-sponsored team Kickass?"

Then something hit her. "Waaait... I never told you my secret identity... It was the conspicuously awesome butt wasn't it? Tippy Toe warned me about that."

@Nomad-22

Doreen walked up to him and draped her tail around his back, which was, both comforting, and kind of strange. "Sorry mister. I kind of identify but well..."

She pointed to herself. "...adorbs girl with a super cute tail and super awesome disposition. Even Old J. Jonah himself can't stay mad at me long, back when I was on the other side of the country. I can understand but not identify. I mean, if it would help, I could like drop by and say that I helped out with kicking bad guy butt and that might pull some attention away from you and your government-sponsored team Kickass?"

Then something hit her. "Waaait... I never told you my secret identity... It was the conspicuously awesome butt wasn't it? Tippy Toe warned me about that."

@Nomad-22

He had been patted on the head or held as a kid years ago, and on rare occasions a comforting hand from a comrade in arms reached would reach one of shoulders. Though now having a tail on his back would classify as quite awkward, though he understood that Doreen meant well. He just counted his blessings that they weren't at the Pit, he had a reputation to uphold for the troops he lead.

Wayne patted Doreen's shoulder in both silent thanks and as a singal she can put away her tail. As for the offer, he considered it for a second before giving an approving nod.

"Yea that could help ease off the pressure somewhat. By all means you can do it."

Hontestly, Beachhead didn't know how to answer that question...with dignity. On one hand, if he said yes it could come across as flirting but if he stated that girl's butt was large, wording it wrong Doreen could take offense, talk about a potential minefield. Instead the ranger cleared his throat, and simply said.

"Well I was only for sure when checking up with the SHIELD database. Don't worry your secret is safe with me. Anyway I better get going, see ya around."

Then Beach made his way out of the park, preparing for the rest of the day.

Last edited:
He had been patted on the head or held as a kid years ago, and on rare occasions a comforting hand from a comrade in arms reached would reach one of shoulders. Though now having a tail on his back would classify as quite awkward, though he understood that Doreen meant well. He just counted his blessings that they weren't at the Pit, he had a reputation to uphold for the troops he lead.

Wayne patted Doreen's shoulder in both silent thanks and as a singal she can put away her tail. As for the offer, he considered it for a second before giving an approving nod.

"Yea that could help ease off the pressure somewhat. By all means you can do it."

Hontestly, Beachhead didn't know how to answer that question...with dignity. On one hand, if he said yes it could come across as flirting but if he stated that girl's butt was large, wording it wrong Doreen could take offense, talk about a potential minefield. Instead the ranger cleared his throat, and simply said.

"Well I was only for sure when checking up with the SHIELD database. Don't worry your secret is safe with me. Anyway I better get going, see ya around."

Then Beach made his way out of the park, preparing for the rest of the day.
"You stiilll got it Doreen. Woot!" She fistpumped then hopped up into the nearest tree. "California Walnut. Nice."

I leave the hospital, healing those nearest to death from the recent incident. I do not often bother with wars of men against men. But I have discovered that was not the case here. The people of Cobra do not appreciate life. Shield and GI Joe are staffed by people who protect life.

A call to Black Widow has provided something to work with. A man working with GI Joe who is undercover at the college I teach at a couple of times a week.

I am flying around when I find him, leaving a nearby park.

I land nearby, where he can see me. It seems like no one else is around.

Sir
I am called the Silver Surfer

I wanted to tell you that I regret not being there to help your people. It is my purpose to prevent loss of life when I can.
It may be against your regulations, but should you need my aid in the future I will make my best effort to be there.

With that I change my form to that of Norrin Rad, college teacher.

Life is precious, I hope next time, I can prevent it's loss.

@Nomad-22 @Michale CS

"Aw, Man! I was checking my tail fluff in your shiny reflection before you went all... Waaait... You're a teacher at NCU? One of my teachers is the Silver Surfer? That's like, at least ten kinds of awesome!" Doreen bounced up to Norrin and, well... hugged him.

"Now I can say I hugged someone who's been to like, ten jillion planets! Woo!"

Her exuberance slowed down when the other two people there didn't seem to share her enthusiasm. Doreen rocked on her heels and put her hands behind her back.

@Nomad-22 @Gands

I turn and give the young woman a soft smile. I heard about your speech young lady. It was inspired.

Keep it up !

I give her a pat on the back and start to head back to the college.

I leave the hospital, healing those nearest to death from the recent incident. I do not often bother with wars of men against men. But I have discovered that was not the case here. The people of Cobra do not appreciate life. Shield and GI Joe are staffed by people who protect life.

A call to Black Widow has provided something to work with. A man working with GI Joe who is undercover at the college I teach at a couple of times a week.

I am flying around when I find him, leaving a nearby park.

I land nearby, where he can see me. It seems like no one else is around.

Sir
I am called the Silver Surfer

I wanted to tell you that I regret not being there to help your people. It is my purpose to prevent loss of life when I can.
It may be against your regulations, but should you need my aid in the future I will make my best effort to be there.

@Nomad-22 @Michale CS

It's not every day, even in his line of work that he meet someone like the Sliver Surfer. A former herald of the planet destroyer Galactus, turning into his staunchest enemy. Surfer is among the top names in SHIELD's list of known metahumans and other superpowered beings. If he's here, that would make it three superheroes in National City so far. To be quite honest, Beach had to keep himself from being overawed by such a presence.

Then to see him transformed into looking like an average fellow was something as well.

"Thank you sir, by all means I take all the help I can get. There is much work to done."

"Aw, Man! I was checking my tail fluff in your shiny reflection before you went all... Waaait... You're a teacher at NCU? One of my teachers is the Silver Surfer? That's like, at least ten kinds of awesome!" Doreen bounced up to Norrin and, well... hugged him.

"Now I can say I hugged someone who's been to like, ten jillion planets! Woo!"

Her exuberance slowed down when the other two people there didn't seem to share her enthusiasm. Doreen rocked on her heels and put her hands behind her back.

@Nomad-22 @Gands

I turn and give the young woman a soft smile. I heard about your speech young lady. It was inspired.

Keep it up !

I give her a pat on the back and start to head back to the college.

Beachhead shook his head in amusement, Doreen is full of heart to say the least. Despite having all these superpowers, both her and Norrin Rad, were showing him how they all were not so different to each other, when it comes to wanting to protect others. He saluted them both and continued on his own separate way.

Last edited:
Reactions: Michale CS
Her manner changed instantly. "Well... let me think about that." She put her finger to her chin a couple of times. "Okay, thought about it, I'm off at five fifteen, so... say... seven, at this address." Siobahn handed him a business card with an address written on the back of it. "You'll send a car around, yes?"

Smiling, Tyler Fenwick took the card. [BCOLOR=#000000]"Excellent, Siobhan Smythe, an evening venturing through National City with you is the best way I can think of to turn a hard day, into a good day. That being said, I'm obligated to give Ralphus a break before then so I must be off. See you soon."[/BCOLOR]

Relieved at his recovery of the secondary objective, Tyler made his way to the car considering exactly how to go about this. In some ways it seemed to easy. Given that she didn't know him by sight, the usual explanation of a gold digger was somewhat questionable. Then again, it was hypocritical, as he was only doing this in pursuit of an agenda.

He reached his car [BCOLOR=#000000]"Good news Ralphus! It's back to the hotel for your break and then out for a quiet night on the town while you get paid overtime. Just the way you like it, I'd presume"[/BCOLOR]

In back of the car, he sent a picture of the business card back to the homebase in Canada, and started dialing for reservations

107727_WB_1686b.jpg
Siobahn was at the prescribed location on time, which was the lobby of a rather exclusive apartment building in National City. One a bit too exclusive for someone making only a secretary's salary should be able to afford.

"It is good to see you're punctual. So where are we going? Italian? Chinese maybe? There's a place called the Panda Garden not too far from here. Or did you have a cultural preference for some place that serves poutine?" Siobahn chattered on as Tyler arrived, not standing from the couch just yet.
@Kingof192

I am determined to be more attentive to my home and it's surroundings. I have been working with the National City Star Labs location in there dangerous experimental department.

Since I need some money for my human identity, this as they say, helps pay the bills. I recently adjusted my perception to capture certain law enforcement radio signals. I can also simulate my cell phone if necessary.

Law enforcement radio catches my attention after a few moments. I end my day at star labs right away and head out.

I give a call to the young soldier.

Hello, this is Professor Radd
Can you meet me and my friend out in the parking lot, you can contact our friend with the nice tail too.

It appears There is a large meta human heading for the ball park. He, I believe is accompanied by several men with guns.

Can I pick you up in a few minutes ?

@Michale CS @Nomad-22

I am determined to be more attentive to my home and it's surroundings. I have been working with the National City Star Labs location in there dangerous experimental department.

Since I need some money for my human identity, this as they say, helps pay the bills. I recently adjusted my perception to capture certain law enforcement radio signals. I can also simulate my cell phone if necessary.

Law enforcement radio catches my attention after a few moments. I end my day at star labs right away and head out.

I give a call to the young soldier.

Hello, this is Professor Radd
Can you meet me and my friend out in the parking lot, you can contact our friend with the nice tail too.

It appears There is a large meta human heading for the ball park. He, I believe is accompanied by several men with guns.

Can I pick you up in a few minutes ?

@Michale CS @Nomad-22

Beach had spent most of his day, going through mountains of paperwork and taking calls on his cell. Many of those phone conversations however, weren't what he would deem productive. For an example, an old lady claimed there were a bunch of Cobras at a certain address, so the sergeant major checked up the location on the internet. Turns out it is at the local zoo and that various snake species were being showcased this week.

General Hawk wasn't kidding, this is punishment.

Wayne thought to himself, sitting at his spartan-style room, in unassuming warehouse within the city. Just as Beach was about poured another of coffee, when he received a new call...from the Sliver Surfer!

"Understood Professor, see you there."

Putting on his mask, gear, and grabbing his weapons, Beachhead contacted the police who confirmed the situation and then called Doreen aka Squirrel Girl, letting her know. He arrived at the parking lot in an SHIELD owned black SUV. Coming out, Beach looked around to see if the two superheroes were here.

I arrive at the parking lot, slow to a stop near the soldier. My arrival relatively soundless since I did not break Mach one..I flew at low level to mask my visual trail.

Greeting mister Beachhead. I hope I have that correct?..

Question, are you prepared to travel very fast ?

The meta human I believe is a man called Rhino. I believe I heard he has over half a dozen men. One of the is the smart one. Rhino is not near the top of the is list.

@Michale CS @Nomad-22

The meta human I believe is a man called Rhino. I believe I heard he has over half a dozen men. One of the is the smart one. Rhino is not near the top of the is list.
"Whoo!" Out of nowhere Doreen landed...

On the back of Surfer's board. "Stuck the landing!" She opened her arms wide the took a bow. "So... where we goin?"

@Nomad-22 @Gands

Greetings Doreen

I see you are prepared. I believe I can take you both on my board, and use my power to keep you both from flying off.

We will be heading downtown, near the ball park. The meta human known as the Rhino with half a dozen human agents.

I arrive at the parking lot, slow to a stop near the soldier. My arrival relatively soundless since I did not break Mach one..I flew at low level to mask my visual trail.

@Michale CS @Nomad-22

"Yea that correct. Though you can just call me sergeant or Beach if it helps.

The ranger raised an suprise eyebrow at the Sliver Surfer's next question and looked at the surf board. While concerned about getting on it, Beach realized that right now this was likely the fastest means to reach the objective. He nodded yes in reply just as Radd explained what they're up against and got on the board. It felt so strange to him, in all honesty.

"Whoo!" Out of nowhere Doreen landed...

On the back of Surfer's board. "Stuck the landing!" She opened her arms wide the took a bow. "So... where we goin?"

@Nomad-22 @Gands

Glancing back at their squirrel themed ally, Beach said.

"You know how the old song goes, take me out to the ball game."

Turning back toward the Surfer in the front, Beachhead added.

"Let's go."

Last edited:
And with that...
The trio took off at breakneck speed. Beachheads best estimate was roughly 400 miles per hour. There was a bubble of power surrounding them keeping a supply of oxygen and keeping them secure to the board. J

It took less than three minutes to fly the distance.

I will handle the Rhino and provide a distraction for his men.

@Michale CS @Nomad-22

// More to come re description of the area. Out on a route

"Let me see, Rhino huh? Richards, Ringmaster, ah! Rhino. Let's see what it says."
4bc44c8addf60.jpg

"DP made a note in the margin... 'His favorite song is I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas.' Hmm. I'll be sure to sing that when we get there,you know, to calm him down."

@Nomad-22 @Gands

The trio stops atop a nearby building..

The Surfer quickly points something out in the building across the way. Inside, on the fifth floor, are half a dozen armed men.

Several stories below, on the street, you all spot the Rhino, rampaging around.

How do you want to play this soldier ?

@Michale CS @Nomad-22

Having been so used to traveling on helicopters and transport planes, riding by a galactic powered surfboard was something else in entirely for Beachhead. A lot quicker too he noted how short flight proved to be. Once they stopped on top of the building, examined the situation as it was presented by the Sliver Surfer and who then asked him what they should do.

"I can handle the gunmen, you and Squirrel Girl take care of our new friend down on the street. Just get me close enough to the windows at their floor first, so I can make the jump."

In the back of his mind, Beach wondered what's the hostiles' motive for all of this. Judging by the look of things Rhino was acting as a diversion for the goon squad. He checked his MA4 assault rifle again, preparing for the fight to come.

"It is good to see you're punctual. So where are we going? Italian? Chinese maybe? There's a place called the Panda Garden not too far from here. Or did you have a cultural preference for some place that serves poutine?" Siobahn chattered on as Tyler arrived, not standing from the couch just yet.

Tyler Fenwick closed his eyes and laughed a bit [BCOLOR=#000000]"Ah! Poutine, may your potatoes always be crisp and may the cheese sing in its freshness....but no."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]Not that I ever get tired of eating poutine, or watching hockey or saying ow you doin dere, Sibohan Smythe yer lookin lovely, ain't ya...but I got a good tip on one some South African cuisine here in National City: Jiko, the cooking place. Good ambience, good food from what I hear."[/BCOLOR]

OK, so she's like that all the time. Tyler thought as he envisioned things taking long enough in this slow-paced restaurant experience long enough either to slow her down a bit or to get the chatter going in a direction more to his liking.

Status
Not open for further replies.