3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Urban Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Modern, Horror, Magical... pretty flexible.
Title: Monkey See, Monkey Do.
Power level: Enhanced to Global
Look/Feel: [Mastermind's Machievellian Plot ]

Mission Full

Los-Angeles-Skyline.jpg

Los Angeles. one of the Crown Jewels of the West coast, as coined by CatCo Worldwide Media, along with National City, San Diego, San Francisco, and Coast City.
Crime is no stranger to Los Angeles with one of the highest crime rates of cities in California. But, crime, after a fashion was somewhat predictable. People choose a life of crime, and recidivism in criminals is high.

What is strange is a rash of burglaries, armed robberies and other type of theft from people who had never committed crimes before. Even more strange - none of them remember committing these crimes, even under polygraph. They simply don't remember. Most of the thefts were from law abiding citizens who had never even had so much as a traffic ticket. Those who weren't caught during the act dumped their ill gotten gains somewhere that they cannot remember, even with trained psychologists aiding them.

This sounds like a job for...

You, maybe?​

Last edited:
He had no phone after all. So this would have to do. Now....

Where was this 'Hollywood' thing?
That Hollywood thing ended up being... big. Asking about it casually got people pointing at the Hollywood sign. Then it was explained...

eb57d5a5ba5d6fcc9197b9633369ad28.jpg

"See Hollywood runs from like Sherman Way and Coldwater - of course thats NoHo, to about Melrose and Los Feliz. Then There's West Hollywood that butts up against Beverly Hills. Hey, you're kinda cute, mind if I take a selfie with you?" Without asking she stepped around next to him, held her phone up and took a picture.

"Let me know if you need any more help, here's my number." She handed him a card which proclaimed she was an actress and cosplayer.
women_mens_fashion_fitted-suit.jpg

"Hollywood? It's all around you man. You should really just get a smartphone with a GPS on it. If you're new to California, it's kind of a requirement. Then you could just use Wayz or call an Uber to get where you're going." He grinned.

At Lucifer's obvious reaction, the guy shook his head. "Listen, just find a store, ask the clerk for a smartphone, and muddle through it. It's how all of us got by at first, so people will be pretty likely to help you learn."
Blackcat-Lilith.jpg

"You look surprisingly lost, and if I might say, anachronistic. Allow me to guide you. I'm Lilith." Lucifer heard in his head.

"I'm a witch, of course. I have been patrolling this section of the streets of Los Angeles for over a decade now, since before the change. Tell me your name and I will take you to where you'd like to go."
@Ringmaster

"Let me know if you need any more help, here's my number." She handed him a card which proclaimed she was an actress and cosplayer.
"Whats it for?" He asked blankly.
"Hollywood? It's all around you man. You should really just get a smartphone with a GPS on it. If you're new to California, it's kind of a requirement. Then you could just use Wayz or call an Uber to get where you're going." He grinned.

At Lucifer's obvious reaction, the guy shook his head. "Listen, just find a store, ask the clerk for a smartphone, and muddle through it. It's how all of us got by at first, so people will be pretty likely to help you learn."
I don't even have a job. He realized in hindsight. Most of his needs were spent at the bar, paying in time and regular, rustic living. He had no place of his own and nothing in the way of equipment other than what he had.

He made a mental note to fix that.
"You look surprisingly lost, and if I might say, anachronistic. Allow me to guide you. I'm Lilith." Lucifer heard in his head.

"I'm a witch, of course. I have been patrolling this section of the streets of Los Angeles for over a decade now, since before the change. Tell me your name and I will take you to where you'd like to go."
"Oh thank god." He said fervently as he crouched and spoke.

"Last I rode into town was with the Wild Bunch. Which was...Considerably longer. Names Lightbringer and I seek out Hollywood and...Vine?"

He frowned and tried to recall before finally taking out his notes and showing.

"Place has transformed considerably and I got no idea what the local powers be like either. Don't suppose you're up to date on who's who here, are you?"

@Michale CS

"Oh thank god." He said fervently as he crouched and spoke.

"Last I rode into town was with the Wild Bunch. Which was...Considerably longer. Names Lightbringer and I seek out Hollywood and...Vine?"
2007_Alicia_Claus.jpg
"Near the Walk of Fame. I know it. Best way from here is to catch the Red Line. I'll have to resume human form, they're not big on pets on the train."

She stepped around the corner into an alley and returned her form to human.

"Nice to meet you, Lightbringer. I'm Madrigal."

He frowned and tried to recall before finally taking out his notes and showing.

"Place has transformed considerably and I got no idea what the local powers be like either. Don't suppose you're up to date on who's who here, are you?"
"Not much, on the supernatural front. Things are different, now. There's the Green, and the Red, powerful forces equal to the great powers of magic before. There are guardians of both, and I suppose the figurehead of magic in California would be a man called Doctor Druid. Lives in Malibu. There are a few covens, but... your kind? Surprisingly rare."
l.jpg
She tapped her forehead. "My Third Eye is exceptionally keen. I can tell supernatural or magic folks simply by being near them."

"See the fate of vampires was abated by two main causes. One, a daywalker, like you. Goes by the name of Blade, second... well, just a very stubborn and very lucky old man. He simply goes by... Grandpa. If you're going to stay in town long, you might want to give Grandpa a visit. I can take you there eventually, but... Hollywood and Vine it is. Follow me."
@Ringmaster

Good evening doctor
You may or may not remember me. But, we have been compatriots in battle and friends at peace. Will you spend some time with me ? I am called Hercules, or Herakles in the older tongue.

I don't like being recognized. It's not part of the plan, it hasn't happened for years, it never ends well.

Breathing. Deeply. This is under control. When a person approaches and is friendly, it is easy to politely end a conversation. I can handle this. Even if he does look like the monster's weightlifting buddy.

I try to think a minute. There were few who ever knew me as a doctor, and of those how many also saw me fight? I can't think of anything like that.

I stood to my feet "I'm sorry sir, I don't remember that, but thank you for taking care of whatever fight that was...I try to stay away from them these days. " I thought about getting out of the city as fast as possible, and realized the same would also be my excuse.

"I'm sorry. I have to get downstairs to catch my train. This place isn't bad, you should try the coffee" I pointed him to the counter in the hopes that he would go there instead of continuing to talk to me. Then I would catch whatever train I could and get as far away from here as possible.

( softly ) You could run Banner. I hid in a bottle for many years myself.It is a different world than you know I think. I admit, the man I knew was slightly different doctor Banner.

His Rage monster developed his feel for things. Deep down inside, his hulk knew good from bad. Something happened to this world recently. For myself, I spent days with another Hercules for the simple right to exist.

So, when you consider running. Think about this. Is your monster even slightly different than he was ? This worlds Banner might have been killed, or maybe sent off world. But the powers have decided that this Earth needs a hulk, so your are here now

My friend Banner was a good man. One of the smartest men on the planet.More than that. He was a hero..

I could use a smart man's help with something.

In return, I will pledge to help you.

Won't you please stay and talk with me ?

@Kingof192

I quickly sat down, hiding my head in my hands. Trying to be calm, to refocus my thoughts. I was seeing a man with a body something like the Hulk, using my real name, telling me I was hero, sometimes saying things that were not even sensible. Other worlds, living in bottles. Telling me he wanted help, he wanted something, he wanted to talk.

Possible explantations:

this is a dream (but my eyes hurt when I push on them)
Jasmin drugged me (but why we were in love? Some kind of agenda)
Side effect of my death
Something the new monster is doing, trying to get me to give over control
Manifestation of my subconscious- YES..so many pieces fitting together. Hercules: the man who reached the limits of human strength. I'm seeing a sort of Hulk man telling me what I wish I could be. He's what I wish I could be, telling me all the things I wish I could be.

I reached up and hugged him. I spoke softly, knowing that anyone watching would only see one person. I could not stop tears from flowing.

"David, I'm sorry, this isn't real. This is everything I wanted to be, but only I am real. It's a noble idea, a great man that could have changed the world, but I was wrong. I was foolish, too arrogant and took a bad risk. Instead of a hero, there is a monster I never even imagined and I've done terrible things, but it's not your fault because there was no way anyone could have known. I want this idea to be free to live in someone else. One day, there will be a great real Hercules to walk the Earth, but It won't be me. I love you. I accept you and love you for who you really are. Please come back to me David Banner."

I sigh and walk up to the shop keeper and ask for a hot chocolate, paying for it in cash.
The world change has driven him nuts. That's incredibly bad. Crazy Banner will only create angrier hulk.

Alright Dr. Banner, I'm leaving now. I don't have time to babysit you. There is simply too much to do. I accept you don't want to be part of my world. Hell, you probably didn't want to be part of your own damned world.

For the sake of the hulk I knew, the Banner I knew. I'm going to forget I ever saw you.
Best of luck Doctor.

@Kingof192 @Michale CS

Damnit

Battling monsters and supervillains is sooo much easier.

Okay, I need some space from this banner or his Hulk and I are going to tear apart LA.

I walk up the street. I'm frustrated and just need to enjoy the night for a little while.

I text to agent Sidekick. False alarm on Banner. Keep me appraised on any new issues in my area.

"Stop, get out of that cover and drop the gun. I don't want a mess. Also, you two," he turned to the young guard and Shelly. " Delete the video records from early, nobody was in this room today, nobody has been here. Miss Shelly, white out the name, he talked right in front of you. He was not here. Mr. Todd and Mr. McCallister, you talked and you got very little besides the police report and left. Also, none of this happened in here. Mr. McCallister, you locked yourself in and that is why the door broke down. Also, whoever heard this, you don't remember either, you were playing whatever latest addictive game on the phone. Finally, Mr. McCallister, you dropped your computer, that's how it broke," he said, hoping that he had covered everything.
Apparently, it did.

Todd finally was freed from Lucifer's influence as he found himself driving away from the facility. Back there, McCallister was being talked to by a guard who said it was a no-no to try to block his door from the inside while "Frodo" was trying to fix the all-in-one machine knowing it was a waste of time, and Morningstar was there in the room apparently official on the rolls as a visitor and consultant for the LAPD.

The guard departed, and Lucifer was left alone with the frustrated and panicking McCallister. "I can't afford to replace this now, man. I need this to do some of my work from here! Shit, I'm going to have to resort buying... from Best Buy. Ugh."

@thatguyinthestore , @LuckycoolHawk9

"See the fate of vampires was abated by two main causes. One, a daywalker, like you. Goes by the name of Blade, second... well, just a very stubborn and very lucky old man. He simply goes by... Grandpa. If you're going to stay in town long, you might want to give Grandpa a visit. I can take you there eventually, but... Hollywood and Vine it is. Follow me."
Damnit

Battling monsters and supervillains is sooo much easier.

Okay, I need some space from this banner or his Hulk and I are going to tear apart LA.

I walk up the street. I'm frustrated and just need to enjoy the night for a little while.

I text to agent Sidekick. False alarm on Banner. Keep me appraised on any new issues in my area.
As luck would have it... Just when Hercules decided to go down the stairs to the station at Hollywood and Vine, Madrigal and Tepes were getting off of the Red Line train the selfsame stop.

Madrigal, who was a long time LA resident, remembered and recognized Hercules instantly from his West Coast Avengers days. "Praise be to the Goddess, it seems you have aid. Here is a hero if you ever wanted one. Hercules. The one and only."

As welcome as that news was... Tepes had something else distracting him. Smells. The smell of monkeys. Not one. Two, distinct smells, at least, if not more. It lingered around the station, down the tunnel but was lost among the normal smells of a subway station where homeless often were run out of, and the ionic smell of the electric train wasn't helping either. But, it gave him clues.

@Gands @Ringmaster

As luck would have it... Just when Hercules decided to go down the stairs to the station at Hollywood and Vine, Madrigal and Tepes were getting off of the Red Line train the selfsame stop.

Madrigal, who was a long time LA resident, remembered and recognized Hercules instantly from his West Coast Avengers days. "Praise be to the Goddess, it seems you have aid. Here is a hero if you ever wanted one. Hercules. The one and only."

As welcome as that news was... Tepes had something else distracting him. Smells. The smell of monkeys. Not one. Two, distinct smells, at least, if not more. It lingered around the station, down the tunnel but was lost among the normal smells of a subway station where homeless often were run out of, and the ionic smell of the electric train wasn't helping either. But, it gave him clues.

@Gands @Ringmaster
"Hercules? The Hercules?"

He blinked and though he had a job to do...He couldn't help it. He looked to Madrigal and touched the brim of his hat.

"Thank you for your help. If I can repay you for the debt incurred today, you need only ask. But unless you'd like to stick around, I've got to get back to work."

He breathed deeply and frowned lightly behind his collar.

"....I think this was indeed the right trail."

And with a nod, he left to go right to Hercules....He wasn't exactly hard to find. His eyebrows raised as he looked him over and walking to keep pace, he eventually found himself by the side as he spoke.

"Demigod like you wandering around, makes a body wonder why. Business or pleasure?"

@Gands @Michale CS @Others​

Hello there Lad, I remember you ... and that outfit , I smile at you playfully, from Callahans.

Aye, working on a case. Brainwashed folks committing crimes her in Los Angeles. I've been working with Shield on this one too. It seems to be centered on this section of the Red line rail.

How about yourself ?

I am dressed in a black leather workman's kilt, a silk shirt, matching belt and boots crafted in Olympus and a duffle back slung over my back.

Ahh, and good evening to you ma'am!

@Ringmaster @Michale CS

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello there Lad, I remember you ... and that outfit , I smile at you playfully, from Callahans.

Aye, working on a case. Brainwashed folks committing crimes her in Los Angeles. I've been working with Shield on this one too. It seems to be centered on this section of the Red line rail.

How about yourself ?

I am dressed in a black leather workman's kilt, a silk shirt, matching belt and boots crafted in Olympus and a duffle back slung over my back.

"Huh. That's funny. I just left from a beat myself from a similar situation, its why I'm here."

I forgot we met at the bar...At the least, it makes it more familiar to me and I touch the brim of my hat.

"Honestly, I'm just doing it to kill time. Was hunting vampires originally, before I got wind of all this. As to what I found out...Last person I interviewed said something about 'monkeys.' I was a mite skeptical...And then I came here. Oddly enough?"

He gestured.

"I really do smell monkeys. Never forget that sort of scent, first time around. What a monkey was doing here, well....That's a first for me. You?"

@Gands @Michale CS

I'd believe near anything at this point. Just curious about something, you know anything about a Lucifer Morningstar ?

Never mind, lets follow the scent and see where it leads us.

I take out my phone and send a text to agent Sidekick. Found a lead... monkeys... am investigating at the Hollywood red line station.

He gestured.

"I really do smell monkeys. Never forget that sort of scent, first time around. What a monkey was doing here, well....That's a first for me. You?"

@Gands @Michale CS
"May the Goddess protect you both. A witch like myself knows when she's in beyond her depth." Madrigal hands a card to Hercules, one that proclaims the name of her curiosity shop, Sing a Song of Six Charms, to Hercules. "If I can be of any other assistance, please contact me, but as the saying goes... this is above my pay grade."

The address on the card was one in Universal City. The addition of the Harry Potter attraction to Universal Studios was a big boon to her business. She sold all sorts of 'pretend' magical gear, as well as the real things, to the right people.

"May the Goddess protect you both. A witch like myself knows when she's in beyond her depth." Madrigal hands a card to Hercules, one that proclaims the name of her curiosity shop, Sing a Song of Six Charms, to Hercules. "If I can be of any other assistance, please contact me, but as the saying goes... this is above my pay grade."

The address on the card was one in Universal City. The addition of the Harry Potter attraction to Universal Studios was a big boon to her business. She sold all sorts of 'pretend' magical gear, as well as the real things, to the right people.
"Ma'am."

He tipped his hat.
I'd believe near anything at this point. Just curious about something, you know anything about a Lucifer Morningstar ?

Never mind, lets follow the scent and see where it leads us.
The devil? Not in person, despite the names.

Not every Lucifer knows another. That said, he shook off the mild confusion before adding.

"Scents coming from here. If its this strong despite activity, then its possible they use this place as a hub."

He eyed the area and tried to scan for any spirits that might be lingering.

@Michale CS @Gands

I watched as what I believed to be my subconscious order a coffee. When the did, the man responded and gave him one. Did it really happen, or was that some further message from my subconcious?

Approaching the man, I asked "Can I have one exactly like his please?" the man looked at me strangely, but made one. A real coffee cup was in my hand, one that was not prepared the way I had ever had coffee.

The primary result of this experiment was that it was confirmed Hercules was a real person, the secondary result being that however he knew about me or about Hulk, it was not because he was trying to manipulate me by getting into my mind.

Hercules strange suggestion that this was another world with another Hulk suddenly seemed a lot more plausible, though I would require this claim be validated by a second source. I knew my personal whereabouts for the last two years before coming to LA, so the presence of another Hulk during that time would be easily verifiable.

I sigh, Beautiful women are like liquor, too many and there is a long long recovery in store for you !

Of course, I continue to follow you.

How do you know her ?

There was a young woman at Callahans by the way.. a model.... who always carried an old suitcase around with her. I saw her today, She's working the case too.

Hercules strange suggestion that this was another world with another Hulk suddenly seemed a lot more plausible, though I would require this claim be validated by a second source. I knew my personal whereabouts for the last two years before coming to LA, so the presence of another Hulk during that time would be easily verifiable.
He didn't have far to go to figure that out. A simple internet search would find YouTube videos like this...
[[ Sorry couldn't find a shorter clip. Start this one at 1m 51s in ]]

• Useful
Reactions: 1 person
Well sir, apparently, your other Lucifer may be the fallen one himself... He runs a nightclub here in town...

And he was working the damned case too !

I laugh to myself.

Though I haven't met him just yet, I was going to head over to his club after I cleared my head a bit. It's been... an interesting day.

Status
Not open for further replies.