3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Urban Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Modern, Horror, Magical... pretty flexible.
latest

"Gotham City. Since everything changed, it went from being just another crime-infested pit of a city to being the capital of New Jersey - and still crime-infested. Only difference now, is some people get paid by the government to add to that infestation. Politicians. People who think that because people punched a piece of paper saying, I think you're right for this job, that gives them the right to do whatever it is they want, as long as their adoring public never finds out about it. Sometimes even after."

slums.jpg

"Not that Gotham doesn't still have it's share of trashy, slum-ridden neighborhoods. It does, even with that fancy new monorail zipping all around town like some demented theme park ride. I gotta admit though, a lot harder to dispose of a body via train 'accident' when you have to get 30 feet up in the air to do it. These are the neighborhoods that I cover. For some reason, I, and a select few other people, lucky or not, can remember how things were before. There were no Avengers, no SHIELD, no Daily Bugle or Spiderman. Or... and this is going to sound crazy, but there's these turtle guys who live in the sewers across the river. I swear, I saw one. Wearing a mask. Isn't that rich? As if a little swath of cloth across your face was going to hide you were some sort of mutant half human half turtle. People here, they need answers. Thankfully, I can answer them. Who am I? They call me..."

latest

"The Question."

[[ OOC - This will serve as the freeplay thread for Gotham City for members of the Epic Crossover clan. Interested in playing here? Join!

POST ANY AND ALL POSTS RELATED TO THE MOB WAR IN THE BODY PARTS THREAD NOT HERE ]]

Last edited:
I get to the bar before April does, being a little closer and already in my truck. I am dressed in a denim jacket, my bloodstained white shirt with the sword slice in it under the jacket. Jeans, the matching set of boots and belt and a Yankees cap.

Once inside the bar, I check for Question, just in case. Or even Nosferatu. Realistically, I want to find out more before calling anyone else.

I check the bar to see if I recognize anyone. Only then do I relax a little and wait for April.

@Michale CS

Once inside the bar, I check for Question, just in case. Or even Nosferatu. Realistically, I want to find out more before calling anyone else.

I check the bar to see if I recognize anyone. Only then do I relax a little and wait for April.
harley-quinn-injustice-gods-among-us-insurgency-by-candustark_349537.jpeg

"Oooh. I love a man who doesn't mind getting his hands dirty." The blonde was back, but she looked like she was leaving.

"If I wasn't taken, you'd be in the running, honey. You keep takin care of business, huh, muscles? Toodles!" She gave a wave and quite literally skipped out of the bar.
That bullet narrowly dodged, it wasn't long before April arrived, and sat across from Grady. "Ach, ye look like ye've see a banshee, ya do, Grady."

@Gands @ whomever wants to be in the bar with no name.

Aye, tis not far from the truth April lass. Yah remember hearin about that pasty woman that hangs around with thah Joker ?

I smile at April

Yah might have just past her

Anyway, have a seat, we should talk a bit.

April, she knew what I had done.. in here... already...

Then We have tah figure out what the Asian's are up to.. Blast it

@Michale CS

April, she knew what I had done.. in here... already...

Then We have tah figure out what the Asian's are up to.. Blast it
"Could have a little something to do with the fact ye have a rip in yer shirt and got dried blood all over ya too, knucklehead. But word does travel fast on the streets. It's possible. I can't exactly go door to door asking around. I have kept up with that poor guy who ended up more of a doll than me, though. Scraps? She and I we been talkin' online like. Relatin'. I think it helps both of us, eh? Anyway she still got most of 'er street connections. I could get with 'er and see what she knows about it all."

April shook her head. "Ach, I really need a drink. Well I feel like I need one. Only wish I had a working mouth ta drink it. I guess, after all this time I got meself a drinkin' problem in that I can't. Hah."

@Gands

Aye, I suppose that might be it April. I'll start checking with people I know too.

I have tah find Question. Yah might want tah ask Father hmmn ?

How is your relationship with Thorne's niece ? Word has it she spend a lot of time at Penguin's club.

Another question, how far do we stick our necks on this?

@Michale CS

Aye, I suppose that might be it April. I'll start checking with people I know too.

I have tah find Question. Yah might want tah ask Father hmmn ?
April, since her transformation, normally kept herself slightly moving all the time, because it was when she was entirely still that you realized that she didn't exactly look alive. When Grady mentioned Father, however. She went very still. And silent.

"If it's all tha same ter ye, I'd rather not speak with him. I can't handle how he looks at me and talks to me anymore. Plus, I overheard somethin'. It ain't relatin' to what we're doin' but I cannae deal wi' him anymore, Grady. Yer all I got now."

How is your relationship with Thorne's niece ? Word has it she spend a lot of time at Penguin's club.

Another question, how far do we stick our necks on this?
"Eh, we barely talked before th' whole thing, and since... she been told by her Uncle that she ain't gonna go inta th' family business that much I knows, an' seems like she kinda wants ta. I been meanin ter tell ya but it was too hard. All of us girls? We was test subjects, Grady. Lessons on how long ter make someone look at that blasted crystal ter get ter an ideal version. Lizzy, she were first. Barely looked at it at all. Then there were the lifeguard, and some other lady named Maven or somethin' Then they put ol Rory in there til he turned all Raggedy Annie... and last. Last were me. They put me inta lookin at that thing until they saw no more changes. Cause that- That's when I lost me eyes and became what I am now. Then... with their... data, well they knew exactly how long to make Thorne into miss Perfect. But you can't look at that thing and not have it effect yer mind, Grady. Somewhere deep down I'm as crazy as that broad you just seen. Maybe crazier. I just keep my crazy thoughts to meself."

All those words, and she really hadn't answered the question. One could imply that she was all in, because the only way she could assure herself there was something human living inside her was to do very human and caring things. She'd been doting on Grady like a visiting aunt ever since they'd moved in together. Overcompensating.

@Gands

Dammit April

Somewhere deep inside, I cant help thinking she might not be all the way like this if he were only a little smarter, a little better.

I took a deep breath and let out a long sigh.

We cannot at this time do anything about what has happened. As much as I would dearly like to bring back what was.
I ...

I cannot keep thinking about my failure in this April. I have to move forward. I will keep looking into finding another of these reality shards so I can try. But I've heard nothing from my research as yet.

Another sigh

I am I think not as clever about these things as you are. I will ask Big Patrick for now. Use your investigatory skills. Something is up.

I'll try going to Penguin's club and talk to Miss Thorne.

Wish me luck.

@Michale CS

We cannot at this time do anything about what has happened. As much as I would dearly like to bring back what was.
I ...

I cannot keep thinking about my failure in this April. I have to move forward. I will keep looking into finding another of these reality shards so I can try. But I've heard nothing from my research as yet.
"Failure? If ya hadn't shook me out of my funk, I would lit-erally be a robot, piloted around by a greasy little twerp who cannae e'en throw a punch! Leastwise I got my free will, and got that crazy piece of hardware outta me neck, thanks to tha' safecracker yer hired ter do it, Grady." She reached out and took Grady's hand. Her hand, as always was exactly the same temperature as the room, which meant it felt cold to him.

I am I think not as clever about these things as you are. I will ask Big Patrick for now. Use your investigatory skills. Something is up.

I'll try going to Penguin's club and talk to Miss Thorne.

Wish me luck.
"Aye, I'll talk ter Scraps and do some pokin around, fer sure. Yer be safe at tha' place, aye? Nothin happens inside the place, but I hear fellas leavin' there often suffer unsatisfactory accidents if things go sideways wi' Cobblepot." April asserted.

@Gands

Dear diary

Tonight I have already been stabbed by an Asian thug in pajamas.

Now I head to Penguin's club to see what I can find out, maybe talk to Miss Thorne. I am not entirely sure why I am worked up about this. Part of me wants to think it's a gift from my mother. Whatever is going on is dangerous to this city, which she has now adapted through me. Or... I'm just crazy.

I change my shirt with one I have in the truck all folded nice, just like dad taught me.

Now a word of advice to myself. Everyone in town that wants to think of themselves as tough has been to Cobblepots club. It's turned into something of a tourist spot for idiots who think they are tough. And of course I've been there, twice.

I'd like to think I'm not the idiot I was a couple of years ago. Dad would tell me now I am a bigger fool.

I laugh to myself.

The bouncer lets me in, and I go inside looking for Miss Thorne.

@Michale CS

I laugh to myself.

The bouncer lets me in, and I go inside looking for Miss Thorne.
6YB4Oj8.png

Thorne is there all right. In full regalia, sitting at the bar sipping a Cosmopolitan. She's gathered quite a crowd around her.

"Okay, who should I do next?" She asks them.

"Marty. Make Marty like Big Joey." A random guy from the crowd chimes in.

"Doesn't work like that, Honey. I can make Marty really happy, but I'd have to get Big Joey with the whammy too and then? Well, unless one of them really is a little less straight than they let on, they're just gonna get horny and happy."

The crowd appeared a little disappointed.

"Sorry my lovelies, what I do is entirely chemical. And if you don't have the chemistry, it's not gonna fly."

"Hey, you really as strong as they say?" Another man asks.

"You be the judge. Catch." She casually tossed her lawn flamingo at him. He caught the handle and it drug him down to the ground, face first.

"Cripes! That's some Captain America shit right there." He commented, laughing as he picked himself up.

"I'm more of a fan of Jessica Jones, but I follow you." She walked over and picked up her flamingo, then caught Grady's eye.

"My, my my. Who's come here to see me but my Savior? Do you know, if it weren't for this man, I'd be who knows where by now, taken by a couple of clowns known as Control Freak and the Ringmaster? They're both cooling their heels in Blackgate now, thanks to this man here. A round on me, to celebrate the man, Grady Murtaugh!"

Everyone was cheering. Perhaps not the slick entrance Grady was hoping for, but at least it showed him that Thorne was amiable towards him.

Of course there was music playing...

@Gands

Hey Miss Thorne

I smile at her, it's genuine enough, I certainly have nothing against her. She hit the jackpot.

I was wondering if I might talk with you in private for a few moments.

Oh, nice outfit by the way.

Assuming we get a moment to ourselves. ))

Hey, we had a place hit in our territory tonight, a few Asian guys in pajamas with swords and gasoline. I have a bad feeling about it, so I thought I'd see what people had heard. I realize that this place seems like a tourist circus, but I am pretty certain that ol' Cobblepot knows most of what is going on in town. Aside from which, you know that circus chick who used to hang out with Joker, she already know I'd been involved in something by the time I got to that bar.

@Michale CS

Hey Miss Thorne

I smile at her, it's genuine enough, I certainly have nothing against her. She hit the jackpot.

I was wondering if I might talk with you in private for a few moments.

Oh, nice outfit by the way.
"Oh, please, call me Rayleen. And we can have a word alone on two conditions. One, you have a drink with me, and two..." She leans in and whispers this last - "after we've had our talk, we'll arm wrestle. Just cause I have a feeling that you're a little bit special too..."

Once they were in the back in the VIP lounge...

Hey, we had a place hit in our territory tonight, a few Asian guys in pajamas with swords and gasoline. I have a bad feeling about it, so I thought I'd see what people had heard. I realize that this place seems like a tourist circus, but I am pretty certain that ol' Cobblepot knows most of what is going on in town. Aside from which, you know that circus chick who used to hang out with Joker, she already know I'd been involved in something by the time I got to that bar.
"Maybe the Hand, or the Foot... hell maybe there's even an Elbow clan now, who wear macaroni. The Yakuza are still off balance from that business with Fisk but... yeah there's some kung fu chop sockey stuff going on and not all of the folks doing it are claiming allegiance to anyone. Someone is trying really hard to stir up trouble. Territories are all screwed up, poor business owners don't know who they should donate to anymore. Kinda sad, really. And as far as the circus chick, as you call her? Look her up on Coney Island. She's pretty much gone straight and is a landlord now, trying to be one of the good guys, if ya can believe that. But, you know, Frank Castle style. Pew! Pew! If there's any truth to the rumor mill at all."

Rayleen rattled this off while looking Grady over. "Sorry what happened to April, by the way. There just ain't no good way to tell a girl that she got played because of you. I honestly feel horrible, but there ain't anything for it now, is there?"

@Gands

Thanks Raylene, I appreciate it.

I share a drink with her, Irish whiskey in a shot glass. She has good taste in spirits.

I listen intently as she rattles off her suspicions. That's not good at all, I think to myself. One of these underworld groups is going to cause all hell to break loose. I am thinking to myself. Someone new, some new player, probably Asian.

Hey Raylene, I know you're tough now... but be careful okay ? If these Asian folks want tah make trouble for your Uncle, you might still be a target.

He good heartedly arm wrestles with her, giving a good show, but gradually giving her the match.

Hey Raylene... just a thought, be careful around here too. I'd rather not have tah rescue you again ! I wink as I'm leaving.

@Michale CS

Hey Raylene, I know you're tough now... but be careful okay ? If these Asian folks want tah make trouble for your Uncle, you might still be a target.
"Yeah. I'm aware. Why do you think I accepted Cobblepot's offer? Uncle Rupert didn't want me under his watch, so I chose someone else with a lot of resources. I couldn't exactly go to Big Patrick, not with how, well, it's possible me being like I am is the reason April is like she is. Rumor mill says that he's not too happy, which almost made me think you were here to tell me to steer clear of Patrick's territory or else when you first showed up..."

He good heartedly arm wrestles with her, giving a good show, but gradually giving her the match.
At the end of that match, Grady felt oddly calm. Far calmer than he should be given the overall situation. When Grady reacted to this at all, Rayleen would give him a wink. "Shot of seratonin. Figured you could use a better way to mellow than scotch."

Hey Raylene... just a thought, be careful around here too. I'd rather not have tah rescue you again ! I wink as I'm leaving.
"Don't you worry none, Grady. I'm employee of the month around here."

@Gands

Yeah Raylene, things aren't good betwixt the two. You know, they love each other..but this happened, and now we are all walking on thin ice on the issue..

Big Patrick is very old school compared to your uncle. He cares and protects his neighborhood. He will be out there himself with the old tommygun you know.

Any way, thanks for the shot.I had better head out. Talkin to the big guy tonight. You hear anything, let me know right ?

I get up, stretch and test my reflexes. Then I give Raylene a bear hug.

Wish me luck...

@Michale CS

I get up, stretch and test my reflexes. Then I give Raylene a bear hug.

Wish me luck...
Rayleen flinched for a moment at the hug, then leaned up and gave him a peck on the cheek.

Everything went fuzzy for a moment then cleared up due to his regenerative factor. Still, when he recovered he was being 'walked out' by Rayleen. "Drank him under the table." She explained to the stunned people in the main area of the Iceberg Lounge.

Then she whispered to him as they were walking out. "Sorry about that, but if Cobblepot thought we were talking business in there it might endanger my employee of the month status. I put a card in your pocket with a number to text me at if you need me. It's a burner phone, so you won't be able to trace it."

"Call yourself an Uber, Grady. You shouldn't be driving in that condition." Thorne said aloud, turning and going back into the lounge. "So what's next, folks? Wanna man up and see if you can handle one of my charlie horses?" She re-entered to no small amount of cheering.

@Gands

3506198-shredderfinal_zps96de5464.jpg

There was something comforting about Old Gotham and its streets below the surface. Or perhaps it was simply the fact that previously, this had been the hideout of another ninja clan, led by the Demons Head. Long abandoned, the Foot Clan had taken up residence under strict instruction not to act. They were here to watch, not to fight and the last thing Shredder wanted at this junction was the Bat and his minions interfering into his work. Not at this stage, not till New York city had been prepared.

And if his faith in his adopted daughter had not been misplaced, then he was confident in her skills to ensure that she would perform her duties. In the shadows, a low growl rumbled and Shredder glanced to the side at his current second in command. A hulking figure in the shadows, a glowing, yellow eye glinted as a deep voice spoke.

"Penguin has reacted as you anticipated, Master Shredder."

"As is the ways of all rats. In a city rife with them, his first move of course would be to protect his holdings."

"And what of your holdings here, Master? I could very well do so, while you return to New York City."

Shredder rose from his chair and without a sound, walked over to a particular space in the room. Thoughtfully, he stared at what had once been a Lazarus Pit, currently destroyed after a fight before he chuckled.

"Your offer is kind Tiger Claw. But you are much to obvious as of now. And I would have a trusted agent aid the one I send here."

A striped tail flicked briefly, momentarily seen in the light before the eyes bowed.

"As you wish master. Whom will you send in your place? The Elite, or-."

"The Elite have their proper place and I require Karai where she is now."

He narrowed his eyes and mused.

"....Perhaps an outside source, would be much better."

He raised a gauntlet with a closed fist as a ninja appeared from the shadows. Shredder turned his gaze towards him.

"Contact the Madripoor Branch via the usual channels. Tell the Inquisitor I require his services."

Reactions: Michale CS
182223.jpg

Raven hadn't told her friends much on why she wanted a break from Jump City. Each of her friends had gone there own ways from time to time so it didn't raise to many questions. Except when she went to speak to Nightwing separately about where she wanted to go for a while. Her hero work wouldn't stop and for all she knew they'd go with eventually. She just wanted to visit her mother's birthplace. Something Raven seemed to to ever once in a while. Her friends never seemed to object.

Raven stood her hood covering her face in the shadows of the alley way anyone that would pass could only see a glimpse of her eyes. She started at her grandparents home but didn't step foot or went near only listing to the yelling coming from inside. A sigh escaped her. "There no better than my parents..." She commented once again wondering if her mother and her had some kind of secret curse upon them. Neither seemed to have the best set of a real family until meeting new people and trying to make friends. She wasn't suppose to make this detour Raven never really was but always did when she came to Gothma. Dicky said for Kori not to ask why. But Victor, Gar, and Kori one day had asked and she had been in ear shot. Though she hadn't answered them Victor learned her reason from Nightwing. Her friends figured it was one of those things to just leave alone. Which Raven didn't mind but rather appreciated them not trying to snoop. Minus Garfield of course. Beastboy never seemed to fully leave anything just simply be.

Raven turned her head from the building and looked out to the street. She would need to get going soon. Before Dicky called seeing why she was running late and what fuss the bat might be having. Raven knew it seemed crime was up just as ever in Gotham maybe more that Jump City of late. Or Nightwing had just been paranoid from speaking with Batman. He usually seemed stressed afterwords if there wasn't any good news.

"Why do I have to live with a drunken husband?!?" Could be heard from the brick building near by as if the couple who lived inside grew louder.

"I ain't drunk!" A man called his tone had changed from what little originally could be heard. "Now shut up and give my friends their prize." He continued.

"I WANT YOU ALL OUT NOW!" She screamed.

"You don't mean that. Boys don't listen to this bitch!" He stated. "It's my house not her's."

As Raven walked again she sighed. She much rather find a villain or something rather than be late because of breaking up a family fight. Even though it just seem to be some hero near by checking in on the commotion. They had no idea they had a granddaughter Raven doubted they knew if her mother was even still alive.

Raven then heard a slam of something and knew it may look bad. Yet she still went to the end of the street and keep walking her eyes looking for anything else to try and deal with. For once she wished to be near some form of trouble.

"I WANT YOU ALL OUT NOW!" She screamed.

"You don't mean that. Boys don't listen to this bitch!" He stated. "It's my house not hers."
Not long after Raven heard that slam, she heard...

"NOW!" This was followed by what sounded like an explosion. One brick wall of the house blew outward, two men crumbled to the ground, unconscious. A third, presumably her husband, raised up one arm to shield himself in vain.

"What, what kinda freak are you?" He trembled, yet still defiant.

"One you made." She stalked forward. "I don't know where I suddenly got powers from, but I do know that you pushing me too far gave them to me. Give me one reason I shouldn't pound you into dust. Right. Now."

"...til death do us part?"

"Not good enough." She stood over him, her fist raised, sparkling yellow energy surrounded her whole arm. Meanwhile, the abusive husband just cowered there, quivering and mumbling incoherently.

@Raven

Not long after Raven heard that slam, she heard...

"NOW!" This was followed by what sounded like an explosion. One brick wall of the house blew outward, two men crumbled to the ground, unconscious. A third, presumably her husband, raised up one arm to shield himself in vain.

"What, what kinda freak are you?" He trembled, yet still defiant.

"One you made." She stalked forward. "I don't know where I suddenly got powers from, but I do know that you pushing me too far gave them to me. Give me one reason I shouldn't pound you into dust. Right. Now."

"...til death do us part?"

"Not good enough." She stood over him, her fist raised, sparkling yellow energy surrounded her whole arm. Meanwhile, the abusive husband just cowered there, quivering and mumbling incoherently.

@Raven
Raven turned hearing the sudden blast. She looked around and heard them as the fight definitely took a turn for the worst. "Ma'am I'm sorry but that's murder even if he's your husband." She stated in monotone. Raven knew reasoning with family never went well but it was worth a shot. Her hands soon glowed a black aura as if for a precaution to save her grandfather. "Which punishment is life in prison if that's a good enough reason." She wasn't sure really what to comment or what her mother might say. There was many things she could think of to say but most of them wouldn't be saving her grandfather's life more than likely killing both her grandparents instead if she really shared her thoughts and emotion on the situation.

Reactions: Michale CS
Status
Not open for further replies.