Entomophobia (Interest check)

G

GingerSnap

Original poster
Hey ya'll! I have a vague idea for a plot bunny based on an event that actually happened in my home town a few years ago (link for reference) Basically a swarm of bugs came into town so large it created a blip on the weather radar map, so I started wondering what it would be like if that happened but on a much larger scale? What if the entire region, or even country, were covered by a swarm of bugs? Nothing as docile as grasshoppers either. I don't have many ideas for the actual plot, but it's an idea that I've been toying with. I actually have entomophobia so I find the idea of a bug apocalypse equal parts my worst nightmare and morbidly fascinating.

Anyway! My initial idea was that everyone character could be employees of a weather station or news station and are trapped inside by the bugs and trying to find their way out, but I'm open to any suggestions!

So would this be a sort of horror?

Yes, that was my initial thought on it.

Yes, that was my initial thought on it.
I see. I can see the appeal of this. Like it would be a small town so the radio/weather people would probably all know each other then wouldn't they.

Right, that's what I was thinking too. They'd all have families they were trying to get back to and what not. I don't have any solid ideas so any brainstorming would be awesome sauce.

Reactions: MST3K 4ever
A couple of ideas...there's something going on in town like a town anniversary and were the only ones left at the station with all or most of our resources away from the station for live coverage. Also, we have seen what's coming because we were left behind and we try to warn everyone but no one is believing us.

Oh I like that idea! Like maybe the weather station is a ways out in the mountains, and once the swarm covers the station communications won't work anymore.

Reactions: MST3K 4ever
Oh I like that idea! Like maybe the weather station is a ways out in the mountains, and once the swarm covers the station communications won't work anymore.

Nice! The Station that were at is, basically, the back up station so the equipment isn't that advanced or reliable. We're running things as a back up and the main station is about 10 miles from us.

So is this one a go...or no?

Sorry for the delay in responses ya'll, I'm recovering from surgery and all kinds of fucked up on pain meds at the moment. I will come back to this when I'm slightly more lucid. Sorry again!

Sorry for the delay in responses ya'll, I'm recovering from surgery and all kinds of fucked up on pain meds at the moment. I will come back to this when I'm slightly more lucid. Sorry again!

No problem. Take care and see you on down the line.

Get better soon!

Anyways this plot reminds me of the plagues of Egypt.