Entertainer Assassins Guild: UPDATED MAP!

J

Jester

Original poster
bucking styles didn't really make it work out. to see how this RP will work, here is a branch off of a specific kingdom with a onexone with a friend who will join this with us as a group. http://www.iwakuroleplay.com/showthread.php?t=17760. feel free to make your own separate branches of this as well, if you want to keep a onexone of the system. ;) spread the assassiny word!

so i'll pitch it here as well, and hopefully i can just start new with the idea. i basically had a guild of assassins set up that were guarding a king, and every member was either a bard, jester, juggler, gypsy, or anything of the like. basically because there were 10 kingdoms, (it was a massive world,) 5 good, 5 bad. all the assassinations are done quietly and secretly as to avoid notice and suspicion. different kinds of skills focused on would be sneaking, poisons, daggers, wordplay, and diplomacy. (this was not a D&D rp, that's just the best way i can describe it.)

i had a small form and an image, and other such things, but most of it was almost completely free reign. there are 5 members per guild, and all 10 kingdoms have a guild. That made for about 50 guild members, plenty of room for someone to come in and start playing. due to that many, seriously, open slots, i'm going to have to limit people to like, one character. DX

HOWEVER:

the kings, queens, knights, squires, pages, who the fuck ever you can think of are all NPC's. meaning you can take control of any of them. there is several reasons for that kind of free reign:

1. if your character is trapped or busy somewhere, you're no swamped several pages behind trying to figure out where you can come back in after you're released, and you're not bored out of your mind waiting. you can interract with someone else's character through an NPC in their own posts. it gives you some wiggle room.

2. you can kill them. yep, just because so and so controlled so and so doesn't mean so and so can't die. That counts for kings! if a king in a kingdom is killed, a new ruler will simply take his place, and we can write that into the storyline as well. it makes for interesting history and plot, and honestly, what's the point of being an assassin if you can't KILL KINGS? seriously. that counts for just regular folks and nobles as well.

3. you can't kill each others main character choice. that means your guild member, which counts as a jester, bard or whatever, is yours. you don't have to worry about deaths there, UNLESS, there is a scripted scene between either you and yourself, or a friend to kill them off for the sake of story. and in that case, you're able to write in a new character. i'm damn sure there will be room for other members in guilds, if there are 50 slots open, plus the vacant one just made by a dead main character.

i have a map. i have a guildmaster in one of the kingdoms, and then anyone else in the other 10 kingdoms can be a guildmaster too. there is plenty of room. there will be a list of characters and who control where, and there will also have image links inside so people can see them. i'll have several first posts to contain all this information. (i don't like crowding everything into post one. seriously, this is a very large world.)

if anyone is interested, just post and let me know. if it's accepted by at least three people, i'll set up the main thread, including the map, and the kingdoms and their descriptions. (although since i deleted my old thread, it may take a while. i'll have to rewrite everything for it.)

NOTE:
put enters after your paragraphs. i will not read a wall of text. if your character isn't within the entertainer system, they're not part of the story. this is focusing on guilds and assassins of the king's being entertainers for a reason - it's hard to point a finger at a moron. ;)

:Edit:
COMPLETED THE MAP

RPMap2_zps1b774f75.png

PLEASE DON'T POST IMG TAGS. Post a DIRECT HTTP: link for space reasons! I like to be nice and neat. DX

Form to Join: Since there are so many openings for people to join the RP, I'm keeping a nice neat record of everybody's character. I will make a spam thread somewhere and a link in the main thread so people can review all of your character forms for references. Please be neat! Fill this out before you join.

Name:
Title: (Jester, Minstrel, Gypsy, Clown, Some form of entertainer)
Nickname: (Also known as a stage name if you're a jester or something)
Kingdom Guild: (Only 5 per guild per city)
Image: (For Reference) (No ACTUAL IMG please, post a link to it!)
Description: (If no Ref Image)
Skills: (Like poisons, lockpicking, etc) (No more than 4)
Power: (No more than 2)

OPTIONAL:
History:
Pets/Familiars:

Re: Entertainer Assassins Guild

So, you're talking about a Medieval Ages thing, right?

I'm interested

yeah, this would take place more in a medieval time period, but it would have some elements of fantasy too. there's magic, but i limit it for realism, such as elemental powers only, and variations of it. such as ice for water, and metal for earth and whatever. when i build the thread, it'll be a lot more complex and explained out. answering questions here though would make things quicker and easier, and we could work out some kinks before even reading it to prevent confusion. .)

I may join after I read the complete explanation, because the idea is sound and I like well thought out RPs, but I don't like the Middle Ages XD We shall see o___o

i'll post a map, and i'll write out the names of the countries and what they're like. this will be in the main thread's first, second, and third post maybe, that way it'll be easier to keep organized when i do the official thread. also, i'll add a graveyard post - just for fun. XD i'll work on that now. the map i currently have doesn't look good with black backgrounds, and its original PSD is gone.

also, this is "fantasy" medieval, so things like more modern clothes are completely okay, and personalities and such. by such, i just mean no weapons, no advanced technology, automobiles, cement buildings, things like that. there's leeway there.

UPDATE:

i have to remake my map. for now, if anyone has any questions about how the RP works out and what we'll be doing and what not, just post here.

MAP CREATED: See first post.

Still looking for players.

I claim the super charming street magician who can pull off basically anything with his magic tricks, and seems to be able to teleport. And I absolutely insist he wears a Fedora, or at least a top hat, even though they weren't around at the time o__o

I claim the super charming street magician who can pull off basically anything with his magic tricks, and seems to be able to teleport. And I absolutely insist he wears a Fedora, or at least a top hat, even though they weren't around at the time o__o

AWESOME!
Before we start, I should have put a small form so I can keep track of everybody! DX There could be a huge amount of people for this RP if it goes on long enough. (I'm never closing openings.) However, 2 characters each should be way enough. DX As many openings as there are, we don't want overloaded in case more people join. D: I'll edit the OP with a join form and stick them all in a word document so I can keep track. I'll add a spam link in the main thread with a huge list of everybody's characters. PLEASE DON'T POST IMG TAGS. Post a DIRECT HTTP: link for space reasons! I like to be nice and neat. DX

Name:
Title: (Jester, Minstrel, Gypsy, Clown, Some form of entertainer)
Nickname: (Also known as a stage name if you're a jester or something)
Kingdom Guild: (Only 5 per guild per city)
Image: (For Reference) (No ACTUAL IMG please, post a link to it!)
Description: (If no Ref Image)
Skills: (Like poisons, lockpicking, etc) (No more than 4)
Power: (No more than 2)

OPTIONAL:
History:
Pets/Familiars: