Entertain my jealousy

The woman examined one of the coins, and it seemed like she were running a hard math problem in her head. Which she actually was. Prizes on metals changed all the time depending on how much or little was found, also she would have to consider what they could make out of the silver once it was melted and then turned into something else than those coins. After maybe a minute of thought she seemed to have come up with a good calculation. If it had been any other person she would probably try to lower the prize as much as possible, but she weren't going to lie to Archer's friend as she knew he would just call out on such a bluff.

"Every coin is worth around 20 zech's." She told Adrian.

Archer whistled impressed. "And here I thought it wouldn't make more than five. Lucky." He mused childishly.

"Had you been here five years ago, it probably wouldn't. But there's a big demand on silver right now, and it is getting harder and harder to find more after Khaal got into war with their neighboring country and closed their borders for all kinds of trading." She told him. They were foolish to not use the opportunity to get money from their metals as they soon would be in great need of both food and weapons. It would most likely be their fall.

Adrian had no idea if that was a good deal or not so he was doubly grateful to have Archer with him, who seemed to think he was doing pretty good after all. That also meant that he wouldn't need to break into his gold coins any time soon either. He really wanted to take Archer aside and have a discussion on how long he thought the money was going to last. He should have asked about the currency more specifically before they came. If he had his magic he would have just set up a private illusion to ask Archer about it but at the moment he was just out of luck.

The hint dropped about the war was a nice piece of luck though. He was now able to better place where he was in the time period. Now that he was done freaking out the amazing opportunity he had been handed was starting to hit him. Here he was living history, he could see and discover things that they never would be able to find out from normal methods of archeology. "Well then, I think we have a deal." He felt much more comfortable at the idea he would have some currency of his own. As wonderful as Archer was being for him he would not rely on the boy for more than he had to, especially long term. Needy guests were only appreciated for so long and he had no idea just how well off Archer was anyway. "How many are you interested in?" He had a good 20 silver coins and he had a feeling he was not going to be getting a better deal anywhere else.

She thought for a moment, calculating how many coins it would take to make different kinds of jewelry. Most popular was necklaces, and those would need somewhere between five and eight. Counting how much they probably could get from them, taking into considerate how much they could afford to spend and eventual losses, she finally spoke.

"I would say no more than thirty." She decided. Archer waited for the two of them to finish up so they could leave. Before the two men exited the store, the woman spoke directly to him again, in the same sweet voice as she had called out to him when entering the store. "I hope to see you soon Ark." Archer's whole body shivered at those words. He might have seduced that woman a bit in the past for work purposes. Something he wouldn't do again for a long time.

Since he wasn’t too against sticking around in this time for a bit longer, he went ahead and handed over all 20 of his silver coins. Walking out he was feeling much more confident about the future, though the woman’s parting words distracted him. Adrian waited until they were well out of earshot to speak. He then frowned slightly and raised an eyebrow at the other boy. “I thought you said women weren’t allowed in your bed.”

"They aren't." Archer replied. "And you just met reason number seven. She never got to the point of actually entering my bed though. Reason number four was the last one to do that." A sigh escaped him. Most of those nameless reasons still felt like flirting with him every time he passed. Luckily he was only close to two of them, and not the most annoying ones.

"You wanted to buy new clothes, right? There's a place this way." He said, simply trying to escape the subject of his past flirts. He had never felt any attraction towards them, he had only done it to gain something, mainly their trust so that he could get information in a smooth way that wouldn't make him flee the city before he had even finished his missions. A dead tortured female body could complicate things if he didn't even know where his target was yet.

Adrian tilted his head slightly, feeling like something was still missing in that explanation. Mostly why he let the reasons get so high. Though perhaps since this society did not seem to be the most accepting he had just tried women until he couldn’t take it anymore? He did seem very casual about it now though…

Adrian wavered on whether to follow up on the subject and finally decided to just allow the subject to change for now. It wasn’t like he was spilling his guts for Archer…well he kind of had but that was beside the point. “Alright.” He followed Archer to the shop, looking around at the peasant clothes with just a hint of distaste. He had worn either a novice smock or mage robes for the majority of his life, putting on clothes like these seemed very…strange.

“I don’t suppose it’s too much to hope for something a bit more similar to my usual garb?”

Archer chuckled at the comment. "Not in these parts of town. You might be able to find someone in the inner parts of the city to make it for you, but that would be ridiculously pricey." He told Adrian. Ruuk wasn't a city that tried its luck with fashion. Most stores played it safe with things people were used to seeing. If someone wanted something different it had to be specially prepared. There might have been some shops with things from other countries, but he was certain they didn't have something like what Adrian were wearing. And even if they did, Archer wasn't too fond of the idea to run around all over the place just to maybe find the right clothes for him.

"It won't kill you to try something different." Archer then said with a grin.

Adrian wrinkled his nose and did not bother even trying to hide his distaste now. “These robes are a mark of my status…” He sighed and ran a hand through his hair, grimacing as it encountered several tangles. It was far too long for him not to brush in the morning, he had just been distracted. “Well, not like anyone here recognizes it anyway.” Nor would be it good if they did.

Reluctantly he moved into the store, choosing out 3 relatively nondescript outfits. He went with darker colors because he could not be sure of how often he would be able to clean his clothes while here. He couldn’t help but enjoy the rich purples and blues he was so fond of though. He paid for the clothes and took the opportunity to change into the deep purple outfit, walking out still looking a little annoyed but the quality was enough that it was not terribly uncomfortable. “Well then, anything else on the menu today?” He had a few things in mind but he wasn’t going to monopolize the young man who was helping him out so much.

Archer was quite entertained by the young man's unwillingness. And on top of that, he got another piece to the puzzle of who Adrian actually was. Apparently he had status where he came from. No middle class person would say something like that. Maybe a noble? That was definitely a possibility.

Eventually they walked out of the store and the boy had bought three outfits. It seemed like he expected his visit to take a while. Not because Archer complained, he would prefer it if Adrian stayed a while and entertained Archers needs of something new and exiting. "Not as far as I have planned." Archer replied. "I won't be working before late tonight and before that I only have dinner scheduled." There was no reason to hide that he worked for Adrian, though he would probably hide what he worked with. There was a reason why no one mentioned 'By the way, I work as an assassin' after having known someone for a day.

"Anything you need to do, or should we head back?" As Adrian didn't know the city, he guessed that he would have to act guide for a while until the guy got used to the place. He didn't mind though. It wasn't like he had anything better to do.

“Working?” Adrian sounded slightly skeptical as to whether it was work or ‘work’. He was getting more curious about his companion but he would be able to answer at least some of those questions fairly soon after his magic returned, so he wasn’t going to push it. “Well, I would like to return these to the inn for the moment. After that if you would not mind…” He sighed softly. “I would like to go back to the machine, see what I can figure out. Hopefully I will be strong enough to move it to a more discreet location soon.” He was a little afraid to touch it with his magic but he also wanted it somewhere where he didn’t have to worry about someone running off with it. He needed to study it well before he tried to do anything with it again.

Archer was quite glad that Adrian didn't seem interested enough to actually ask what it was he worked with. To that he would simply say, the less you know, or something like that. It would most likely not end someones curiosity.

"I don't mind." He replied. He actually wanted to check out that strange object himself. Maybe they could try to push it into the forest, though that was quite doubtful. It looked way too heavy for that. How did Adrian even think that he ever would get strong enough to move it either way? Then he figured it out. Magic of course. As if that would ever happen.

"I'll be incredibly impressed if I see you move that thing even one meter. Your body doesn't seem like it would be able to lift air." That might have been a crude joke, but it was only in existence because of a ridiculous comment about doing something impossible. He barely thought their combined body strength would be able to move that thing, so Adrian alone should be pretty much impossible if he didn't use magic. And magic didn't exist.

Adrian sighed softly at Archer’s skepticism, though he knew it would only make it all the sweeter when he recovered and was able to lift the machine with ease. Relative ease anyway, it was still a pretty large and heavy object. “Give it time.” He smiled darkly. Archer would have a world of surprise in a few days, but in the meantime he would tolerate the reasonable doubt.

“Perhaps we can bring some paper and map out the controls of the machine as well…” He sighed lightly as they started making their way through the city again. He wanted to see the machine but he might need to take a break before they headed all the way out there again. He was not mentally tired but his body was still lagging in its recovery. His mind then brought up an excellent suggestion of what he could do instead. Especially since Archer said he was going to be gone tonight and he had slept rather late into the day. He should take advantage of the opportunity as it presented itself.

"I'll give it as much time as you need. But it will never happen." Archer said confidently. "But if it against all odds would happen, then I'll do anything you want for a day." He was way too confident. Or maybe he just didn't care what happened to him. He had been through some messed up stuff, it wasn't like that kid could make his life any worse by ordering him around for twenty four hours. The worst that could happen would be if he asked him to commit suicide, though that didn't seem to be in the guy's nature so he was probably safe. Not because he cared, death wasn't something that felt unappealing to him, it was just the natural step one took after life was over after all.

"Sounds like a plan." He agreed with Adrian. Taking some papers with them to take notes and make a map of the machine was something that could be handy. That way they could continue study the machine even when they weren't with it.

Eventually they got back to the inn. As Archer unlocked the door her looked over his shoulder towards Adrian. "Want to go to that machine immediately or do you need to rest a bit first?" He asked while opening up the door and stepping inside, he wasn't too sure how well Adrian had recovered, and it might not be the best of ideas to run out there just to have him collapse. He were not half carrying the guy back to the inn again.

Adrian tried really hard to conceal his glee at the thought of getting to order Archer around after the extra fun of watching his shock when Adrian picked up the machine in front of him. He probably wouldn’t be quite so excited except his brain was already very much in a dirty dirty place. “I think…” He stepped inside the door as well, firmly closing it behind him before turning around and sidling right up behind Archer and wrapping his arms around the other boy’s neck. “The walk all the way out there might be a bit much for me right now.” He nibbled Archer’s ear teasingly. “I do believe however you said something about not letting me get away twice earlier.”

The attack came as a surprise and he wasn't too sure how to feel about it. Adrian was lost in a strange world in another time, if his story was true, and such a heavy situation probably clouded someones judgement. Could he really take advantage of someone that might not know what they were getting into? But Archer didn't have much self control, and Adrian was awfully adorable.

He skillfully turned around in the other teen's arms so to face him, and pushed him up against the wall. "Usually people won't get away even once." He whispered. He might still let Adrian run away, but the point of no return was very close. He leaned in and kissed the guy from the strange world quite heatedly.

Adrian made no attempt to resist Archer’s push. Quite the opposite in fact. As soon as their lips met he tightened his arms as if to make sure Archer didn’t try to stop or to signal that he had no intention of trying to stop him. He didn’t even think about the fact that he might be emotionally compromised due to the situation, it wasn’t important. “Lucky me” Adrian responded once they finally broke for some air. “But honestly it was much more of a pause.” He lightly bit down on the other man’s lip. “You were the one who assumed I didn’t know what I was doing.” He lifted a knee to rub against Archer teasingly.

A mused humming sound came from Archer's chest before he pushed them both backwards until they were lying on the bed, of course he had made sure to fall on top. "So you think it would have been better to do it in front of a crowd right after having seen you having an emotional break down?" He asked with quite the sexy voice, though not as perfect as his perfectioned version of it in the future.

His lips started to go down the other guy's neck, leaving small hickeys all over Adrian.

Adrian shivered lightly at the quite nice attempt at a sexy voice. “I did not have a break down.” His attempt at petulance was somewhat ruined by his soft moans at the attention to his neck. “The only loss of control was kissing you…and I never mentioned the time duration on said pause.” Which obviously was until just now. And now that they were resuming things Adrian was quite ready to have all the pesky clothes between them removed. His robes would be easy access but now both of them were in the far less convenient pants.

He finally loosened his grip on Archer to run his arms lightly down the other teen’s sides before slipping his hands under the shirt and slowly easing it up.

"You were shaking like a leaf and talking like a mad man when you saw the map." He reminded his companion without taking the time to pause what he was doing. "And I don't like pauses." He finished as he let his shirt get pulled off and tossed to the side. His own hand found their way to get rid of Adrian's clothing, as he felt like starting going further down. When he marked his territory he did it properly. It didn't matter if his partner wanted him to or not.

“Then you would have preferred we do it on the table in front of everyone?” Adrian was fiddling with the top of Archer’s pants but not quite taking them off. He seemed both bemused and fascinated by the sight of Archer determinedly trying to make every inch of his body it seemed and it was distracting him from his task. While he had been with a couple of people who had liked to leave a mark or two he wasn’t quite sure what to do with someone who seemed to be trying to change his skin color. “You do however apparently have a fetish for hickeys.” It wasn’t really a complaint; he just felt the need to point out that while it was pleasurable it was kind of weird.