1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Just a personal character index for myself and @hellofutureme.

Minimum Template
Name
Nationality
Personality
Ability
Short Background
Misc. Information

Other categories are allowed and open to discretion.​

Haruko Hayashi
"Everyone likes to feel useful."

Name
Haruko Hayashi, or "Haru" for short

Appearance
1582694573882.png

Nationality
Japanese-American

Personality
Many people tend to see Haruko as rather moody or perpetually bored, which isn't helped by the fact she rarely smiles. She normally comes off to others as somewhere between aloof and sardonic, but it betrays her inner nature. At heart, she is actually rather shy, putting up a front as though to prevent people to get too close, and to that end, Haruko is actually much more good-hearted than she might let on.

Inside, she really does "want" to become a hero; someone who can protect others (or so, she believes), even if she doesn't actually like her power very much. That said, Haruko is a bit stubborn as well when she's already made up her mind about something, often finding it difficult to consider other people's points of view in situations. Despite that, she is full well aware of how unsociable she comes off, and wants to better herself, not just in that regard, but in many others as well.

Ability
Negation (Rank B) - The ability to nullify the abilities of other people, as well as their effects. With a touch, she can instantly disable most other people's powers, be it an element, projectile, energy bursts, personal enhancement, and so on.

She has the potential to reach up to Rank A, wherein she would gain an extra property of her power; when she hits someone with her power active, the afflicted party will lose the ability to use their power for a short period of time, depending on how hard or repeatedly she hits them as well. For now, however, she is unable to do this.

When her power is in effect, her eyes glow a light shade of red to indicate its effect. Her power can only be active for a short while at most before needing to "recharge."

As potent as her power is, it flat out doesn't matter if her target is able to subdue her without the need for her power.

On top of that, as mentioned above, she requires physical contact for her power to take effect. By extension, if the power in question is entirely intangible (such as a gas, sound wave, self-affliction, or so on), she has to touch the person in question to disable their power rather than being able to dispel the affected air.

The power is not automatic or passive; she has to consciously activate it, so it won't work if she's caught off-guard or so.

There are also certain powers and effects she simply can't undo at all, but that's a case by case basis deal.

Short Background
Born to an American father and a Japanese mother, and raised in the states, Haruko is an only child. Though she enjoyed a financially comfortable life in the earliest years of her childhood thanks to her father's occupation, it mattered little as her parents separated when she was at a young age due to irreconcilable difficulties, most prominently physical abuse and infidelity on her father's part.

Following that incident, Haruko's mother retained sole custody and moved away with her. For the following several years, Haruko lived with her mother, a working-class woman, having essentially "downgraded" in class. At 16 years old, Haruko's mother passed due to illness, and so, custody of Haruko transferred to her father, whom she had no contact with for many years.

Though she was born an Enhanced, due to the nature of her power, her power went unnoticed and undeveloped until Haruko's adolescence, shortly before her mother's death. Thus, it was shortly after returning to her father's custody that she had been enrolled in the recently formed International Institute of Enhanced Individuals, created as part of the Enhanced Initiative.

Attachments

• 1582694613247.png
    1582694613247.png
    292.7 KB · Views: 40
  • 1582694624217.png
    1582694624217.png
    548.8 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Kylie Heidrich
"What a pain. Get to the point already."

Name
Kylie Heidrich, sometimes nicknamed "Blitz"

Appearance
1582698292675.png

Nationality
German

Personality
Kylie has a serious, no-nonsense attitude. She is coarse and rude, almost resembling a punk or schoolyard delinquent. The only emotion she does seem to be comfortable expressing outwardly is anger or any degree of irritation, her face often twisted into a scowl. However, she does take her work and training at the institute seriously. In that regard, one could describe her as someone with the academics of a model student, yet the personality of a delinquent.

Despite her efforts to fancy herself a person who acts logically and rationally, Kylie can be an easy target to get a rise out of, especially if one knows what buttons of hers to push. Consistent to her serious, go-getter mien, Kylie is steadfast and headstrong, yet loyal and honorable, hating lies more than most anything else.

Ability
Enhancement (Rank B) - The ability to "enhance" certain properties, whether in herself, others, or objects. The term is broad and refers to many different implications, but the basic idea is that she is able to make herself stronger or her abilities more potent in some manner to an unknown extent (as none of her limits have ever been properly tested yet due to more enhancement requiring more concentration) in different ways or "classes," the effect being visible and demonstrated through the "enhanced" area taking on a more metallic, almost armored look.

Kylie can use Enhancement to make any part of her body stronger and / or more efficient, which can include enhancing her arms to provide her with superhuman strength, her legs to provide speed and jump at great heights, or evenly distribute her power all around her body for enhanced durability. In this regard, her power manifests in the form of a sort of metallic "armor."

She has the potential to level up to Rank A, in which she could potentially enhance not just her body, but also her mind as well.

On top of Kylie's power being able to tire her out if she overuses it in a given time, depending on how much energy she outputs, she is generally able to only able to significantly enhance one area at a time, as in, she can either be strong enough to pick up a car or be fast enough to outrun a car at a given time, but she can't have both. However, she can easily distribute her power in this manner if the degree of enhancement is not as intensive, essentially striking a moderate balance if needed and able.

Also, if faced with enough external resistance, a given reinforced part of her body may end up shattering and her powers are susceptible to being disabled for a short period of time. For example, Kylie may enhance her body to the degree that she can withstand bullets, but if she were blasted with something stronger like an explosion, the "armor" built up around her body would shatter and be disabled temporarily. On top of that, as her enhancement acts as an additional layer of skin, or it can be described as such, her "armor" can be bypassed by those who might be able to target her internal systems.

Short Background
Details are sparse about Kylie's past; not much is known about her at this present time.

What is known is that Kylie was born in a German household, growing up alongside an older sister. Both Kylie and her sister quickly turned out to be Enhanced, developing their powers at an early age. Whatever became of her family is unknown at this point in time, as she doesn't speak of it. Though legally an adult by now, it is known that she was raised by her uncle in the latter years of her adolescence.

Despite her record as a "model student" academically, her personality has done her no favors, and it is rumored that Kylie has personal connections to crime syndicates in some vague manner, but none can say how much credence such rumors exactly have.

Last edited:
Amia Blake
1582700482932.png

BackgroundFlagged as a carrier of the EFS Gene after a mandatory blood test required of every female newborn, Amia Blake was taken from her family without pause. Amia spent her childhood in an Enhanced Human Containment Society (EHCS) Center. Day after day, pitted against other enhanced girls to determine the strongest.

Having a weak-ass power like empathy no one expected Amia to pass the EHCS's strict graduation test and get sent to The International Institute of Enhanced Individuals. What they didn't know was Amia's empathy is projectable. When fighting, she can project any desired emotion onto her adversary (making them depressed or sad or scared or whatever benefited her most). When Amia wasn't undergoing harsh combat training, she spent her time honing her emotional control. She is a combat type emotional manipulator with great promise. And a loyalist to her government.

Yet, her power has a disastrous side effect: any intense emotional reaction or state immediately experienced by Amia plunges anyone around her into that emotion without Amia's permission. The volatile and uncontrollable nature of her enhancement makes Amia a danger to her allies. And coping with the stress of keeping herself subdued 24/ often sends Amia teetering towards emotional breakdowns. Making Amia's emotional instability her greatest weakness.

However, as crippling as her side effect is, the power Amia wields over those around her (how they act, think, and feel) earned her an A-class Enhanced Rank.
PersonalityHer personality is an alarming mix of sedated and intense emotional outbursts when she is not careful.

Because her power has such a strong effect on those around her, her effort to contain herself makes people view her as cold or self-absorbed and conceited. She is often thought of as stupid because her high projected empathy stops her from understanding the emotions of others when her own emotions are so loud.

Without anyone to understand her, a deep sadness swallowed Amia's heart. One she tried to fill any way she could. The EHCS quickly took advantage of her need for acceptance and now Amia's sense of self is defined by what her government desires of her. She would shatter if her sense of usefulness was ever challenged. Her only emotional outlet is doing what is required of her.
1582700877668.png
Enhanced Human Containment Society Center Outtake Questionaire

Basic Questions
1. Nicknames?
Pink or Pinky. Uninspired assholes.
2. Age

17ish. Almost 18.
3. Nationality?
British

Personality
1. Do you have a catchphrase?
I'm not good at what I'm not good at. I say that a lot.
2. Are you more optimistic or pessimistic?
Pessimistically optimistic. I mean things can't any worse right, lol.
4. Do you ever put on airs?
Sure. When I wanna be liked or sound smart.
5. What bad habits do you have?
Talking with my mouth full? Always being uncertain, lol.
6. What makes you laugh out loud?
Knock, Knock jokes? Like really dumb ones.
7. How are you seen by others?
Conceited. Self-absorbed. A little bitchy? Apparently, I can't read rooms either. Assholes.
8. Strongest character trait?
Self-control?
9. Weakest character trait?
What's the term: learned helplessness?
10. How competitive are you?
Enough to be the best, lol.
11. Do you make snap judgments or take time to consider?
Time to consider when I have time, lol.
12. What is your greatest fear?
Not being useful anymore.
13. What are your biggest secrets?
The things I'm not allowed to say.
14. What haunts you?
I will never know what my mother or father look like or how they sound.
15. What are your political views?
Our government's regulation of Enhanced People is just and needed without regulation mayhem would ensue.

Friends and Family
1. What is your perception of family?
Something I am not allowed. Something I would give everything I own to experience.

Past and Future
1. Did you grow up nurtured or neglected?
I do not understand the question.
2. What is the worst thing you did to someone you loved?
When I had her on her knees, defeated, blooded, crushed in every way that mattered and begging for mercy: I slipped my hand behind her neck, fisted a handful of ebony hair, and slammed her face into concrete. I choose to save myself and left her in hell.
3. What are your ambitions?
To make my government proud.
4. What advice would you give your younger self?
It is not enough to do well; you must always be better.
5. Strongest childhood memory?
The pungent air saturated in chemicals so strong I could taste them in the back of my throat. Leather tight enough to bruise, slick with my sweat as I struggled against the binds pinning my arms and legs to a cold, cold icy metal table. The light is so bright its all I can see, my own personal sun. I begged them to put me to sleep. I didn't wanna be awake. I begged and then I screamed, the sharp point of a scalpel splitting the skin of my neck like butter. I felt them shoving that chip into me. Moving it around like they weren't playing in gore, like they weren't making room among my veins and muscle for an object that didn't belong. I remember being open and then I woke up closed. I passed out before they could stitch me up.

Love
1.Do you believe in love at first sight?
If I had a need for love maybe I would.
2. Are you in a relationship?
None that benefit me romantically.

Conflict
1. How do you respond to a threat?
However, I'm told too.

Miscellaneous
1. Who is your hero?
The brave men and women of my government.
2. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
To please the chairmen of the Enhanced Human Containment society, EHCS for short.
3. What would you ask a fortune-teller?
Is there anyone – or has there ever been anyone who found joy in my birth?
4. What is your superpower?
Empathy

Last edited by a moderator:
Kali Leila Moore
1582703396038.png

BackgroundKali Leila Moore was left outside an orphanage at the age of 8. A simple note pinned to her jacket held two sentences: My name is Kali. I am enhanced. Shocked at the short message, the director of the orphanage scrambled to contact the Enhanced Human Containment Society. Kali was collected that very day, tested, and shoved into an EHCS Center. With the failure to test at birth for the EFS Gene and penalty of harboring an enhanced human being lifetime imprisonment, an investigation into Kali's past was launched immediately.

But the mystery around Kali grew as they investigated her. Parents unknown, place of birth unknown, and no birth certificate to speak of – the only lead the investigators had was Kali herself. Yet, with Kali claiming not to remember the first 8 years of her life and no other clues to follow, the case into Kali Leila Moore was closed and she quickly rose to star status at the EHCS Center. Becoming the only other person besides Amia to pass EHCS's strict graduation test and advance to The International Institute of Enhanced Individuals, Kali's bubbly and sweet façade hides smothering darkness.

Kali's EFS Gene manifested as Dimensional Storage. While she can form pocket dimensions through spatial manipulation, the port of access must be touching her skin to function (i.e. to pull a hammer from her pants pocket she must be wearing the pants. Or to pull a table out of a handbag she must place one hand on the side of the bag and use the other to pull the table out of the bag's opening.)

She can only summon one object at a time, and anything she summons must be something she's previously touched. The strict touch-based aspect of Kali's enhancement earned her a B-class Enhanced Rank.
PersonalityKali's exterior bubbly and cute attitude is one people either love completely or hate fiercely. Self-absorbed to the point of self-obsession, Kali is happily two-faced. A kiss-up with a twisted sense of humor and a crippling desire to dominate whoever or whatever stands in her way, anyone who makes an enemy of Kali is quick to regret it.

1582703722060.png

Enhanced Human Containment Society Center Outtake Questionaire
Basic Questions
1. Nicknames?

Call me Cutie.
2. Nationality?

British
3. Age?

Physical / Appearance
  1. Height?
Just right. Perfect for cuddling <3
  1. Weight?
Secret <3
  1. Build?
Sculped from your dreams.

4. Scars?
Microscopic one on the back of my neck.

5. Are you in good health?
Every bit of me runs like a dream <3

Personality
  1. Do you have a catchphrase?
If you want it done right, call your Cutie <3
  1. Are you more optimistic or pessimistic?
The world is a wonderful place ain't it? What's there to be getting pessimistic about?
  1. Are you introverted or extroverted?
Joyfully extroverted.
  1. Do you ever put on airs?
Ain't never had a need. Who couldn't love, cutie?
  1. What bad habits do you have?
Pinky says I use the word cuite too much. You don't think so do ya?
  1. What makes you laugh out loud?
Delusional people. Its not good to step out of your weight class.
  1. How do you display affection?
Allowing admires to stand near me.
  1. How do you see yourself?
Cutie is perfection <3

9. How competitive are you?
Not one bit, silly. No one can complete with Cutie.

10. Do you make snap judgments or take time to consider?
Cutie's gut is always right.

11. How do you react to criticism?
Wouldn't know. Never get any <3

12. What are your political views?
Government regulation of Enhanced people is just and needed without regulation mayhem would ensue.

13. How do you treat people better than you?
There is no one better than cutie.

14. How do you treat people worse than you?

Cutie is always gracious <3

15. What is your obsession?
World domination <3

Friends and Family
  1. What is their perception of family?
The only person I need is myself.

Past and Future
  1. Did you grow up nurtured or neglected?
Nurtured <3 Cutie was loved by everyone.
  1. What is the worst thing you did to someone you loved?
Not love them.
  1. What are your ambitions?
To make my government proud <3

1. Strongest childhood memory?
A long corridor. Standing in a line without end. The air reeking of terror. Each step dragging me closer to the screaming door. Watching child after child being rolled out of the door on a stretcher. Not moving. Not running. Not fleeing no matter how much I want to because I was told to wait. Terrified I'd be forced to wait for an eternity. Even more terrified of what waited for me on the other side of that loud, loud door.

Conflict
  1. How do you respond to a threat?
As Cutie is expected to.

Miscellaneous
  1. Who is your hero?
The courageous men and women of the E.H.C.S

1. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
The Chairmen's praise <3

1. What is your superpower?
Dimensional Storage

Nikoletta Xeni
1582760319436.png

Nationality: Half Greek - Half Black
Catchphrase: Please, call me Niko.

1582761201995.png

BackgroundFabled to be reincarnations from Greek Mythology, enhanced individuals are praised as Goddess in Greece. At age 5, Niko touched the skinned knee of her crying friend, unknowingly using time manipulation on the injury, she healed her friend, and her simple life was eradicated.

That was the catalyst that sent her childhood into the public eye. Every breath, every smile – plastered across magazines, newspapers, and circulated on the internet. Injured people flocked to Niko far and wide, clamoring for a chance to touch their Goddess.

The religious fever surrounding Niko forced her daily life into chaos. Day and night, people sent letters, flooded her family with calls, and crowded outside Niko's house just to get a glimpse of her. Swept up in the buzz generated around their daughter. Niko's parents quit their jobs, used their minuscule savings, and opened a Healing Center advertising Niko's ability.

Convinced by her parents to use her power how they wanted, Niko's childhood was a roller-coaster of manipulation and the stress of being the figurehead to her cult-like following. When news of the Enhanced Initiative spread throughout Greece, Niko jumped at the chance to escape and clamored to join the International Institute of Enhanced Individuals.
PersonalityNiko's personality teeters on the edge of the pedestal she's been placed on. She is simultaneously: absent yet dependable, radiant yet miserable, timid yet powerful, and haughty yet gracious. She is both the benevolent Goddess with sacred hands and the terrified child playing dress-up – trying to shoulder a weight too large for her fragile bones.

Unsure of who she truly is, Niko suffers from a severe case of personality dysmorphia. But despite her inner struggle, she is always kind to those around her and beloved for her sweetness.
AbilityNiko's enhancement is time manipulation. She can either reverse or fast-forward the time of any carbon-based entity she touches. While she does manipulate time, Niko cannot alter or control it.

For example, she can heal a person's wound by touching the area and fast-forwarding the wound to a point where it is healed. But because she has no control over what the future holds, if the wound were to get infected or become life-threating when Niko uses her power it would fast-forward the wound to its infested, horrifying future.

This unpredictable element of Niko's enhancement makes it a dangerous one. Because she can never be sure of the outcome of its use, Niko mainly uses her ability on small wounds and plants. At her current mastery, it earns a B-class Enhancement Rank.
1582760733663.png
Interviewer: Ya Sou! We're back with the Goddess of Touch, Greece's favorite Sweetheart: Nikoletta Xeni. Right before the break we promised to ask some questions sent in by views. Are you ready for this, Nikoletta?

Nikoletta: *playfully* Didn't you promise to call me Niko?

Interviewer: *laughs* It's a little strange calling our Goddess by a nickname! It feels like I'm committing a sin *teasing grin* I bet you get that a lot, uh Niko?

Nikoletta: *a troubled expression crosses her face* I wish it didn't happen as often as it does. It feels like there's a glass window separating me from everyone else. People know I'm not really a Goddess…right?

• Excerpt from Nikoletta's last television interview in Greece before leaving for the International Institute of Enhanced Individuals.

Akari Saito
"Where do your convictions lie? In your country, or your self? Does it have to be either or?"

Name
Akari Saito

Appearance
1582772950913.png
1582772959584.png

Nationality
Japanese

Personality
Akari is, by nature, not a particularly aggressive or even violent person. In fact, she normally detests bloodshed and conflict, opting instead to always pursue a peaceful resolution. She considers violence and battle to be an absolute last resort, and ironically, a last resort she finds that she has to resort to often. One might say such a personality makes her stick out within the institute, but she manages to fit in (not deliberately) with her other defining traits; her strong sense of loyalty to her country, and her unfettered desire to protect the weak, as she would put it. She considers such qualities to be the makings of an ideal soldier, and even seems to take some subdued pride in herself, despite her paradoxical aversion to conflict. Some might be able to describe her as one who pursues an ideal despite the thorns of reality that get in her way.

Perhaps in direct contrast (or even complement) to her aspirations of being an ideal soldier, Akari also displays the makings of a patriarchal "ideal woman," or in her native tongue, the "Yamato nadeshiko." Day to day, she is demure, soft-spoken, docile, patient, respectful, and the like, but if one were to stick around her long enough, they just might be able to make out something else underneath.

Aside from all that, Akari is also a firm adherent to tradition, perhaps most exemplified in her general personality, as well as her weapon of choice, among others. She claims to live by the Bushido code, openly admiring the concept of the samurai, as well to boot. She also possesses nationalistic qualities, taking pride in her heritage and her country.

Ability
Spatial Manipulation (Rank B) - The ability to manipulate space as the wielder sees fit. Conceptually, it is an extremely powerful ability in of itself, especially with the right mind behind it, and just having this power makes Akari one of the lucky few to possess the potential to reach S-Rank. In fact, the sheer power of her ability is enough to grant her the B-Rank in the first place, but her lack of control and understanding of what she is even capable of hold her back from being ranked any higher than she already is.

Due to the abstract nature of her power and the aforementioned lack of complete understanding she has in her own ability, Akari is barely able to even use it, as manipulating space requires a great deal of concentration for her to even manifest. To facilitate her ability to use her power, Akari requires an object to help her "anchor" and visualize her ability into existence. While she can theoretically use any object to anchor her, her "object" of choice is a sword; perhaps an antiquated weapon in modern sensibilities, but it is the most familiar to her, and thus, the most comforting for her to use.

She has a great amount of applications at her disposal by manipulating space with just a sword alone. Some such techniques she has learned to hone include:
  • Flash Step - Akari can temporarily "erase" space by slicing the air and cutting through it like paper, causing a tear appears in the air, taking the form of a white void underneath. If Akari (or anyone else, for that matter) were to try to step toward this "non-existent" space, she would simply suddenly appear in front of the tear, essentially "teleporting" right in front of it. By doing this in rapid succession, she is able to move swiftly as she pleases like a mad dash. When using this technique in particular, the space she "erases" only remains as such for a brief period of time before space essentially repairs itself on its own. If she were to reach A-Rank, she will be able to unlock extra properties concerning this ability.
  • Distant Cut - Akari can also use the application of "cutting space" in an more directly offensive manner, cutting her enemy from a distance so to speak. In contrast to Flash Step in which the torn space takes the form of a white void, Distant Cut takes the form of a black void instead. She can essentially "teleport" a slash from her sword toward any position she can visualize, as its name implies, able to slice an enemy from afar.
  • Barrier - Self-explanatory. For a defensive application, Akari can also manipulate space to temporarily "solidify" it, preventing anything to bypass the area in which she cuts. Though its area of effect is invisible, this ability is characterized by Akari using wide swings to maximize her area of effect, though the main downside is that -- like the other applications -- the time of effect is a short window, so to maintain the barrier, she would have to continuously swing widely at the air, which she likens to calligraphy in a way.

Short Background
Even though she is an open book in terms of her background and upbringing, one can say Akari has a surprisingly understated past, not as dramatic as one might assume of her and her subdued personality. Born to a well-off Japanese household, her father is a respected, high-ranking officer in the Japanese Self-Defense Force (JSDF). It was her father that instilled a sense of national pride in Akari, and though her father has made little secret that he would have preferred a son, Akari worked tirelessly in her youth to live up to her father's expectations, training in swordsmanship, excelling notably in iaido.

When Akari's powers began to develop in her adolescence, her father wasted little time in enrolling her into the Institute for Enhanced Individuals, pleased in a way that she had potential to be a useful asset for her beloved country. Obliging her father's wishes, Akari works tirelessly to become an Enhanced that can protect not just her country, but the free world at large from there, claiming her father's will to be her own will as well.

Considering the position of her family, it is rumored that she is, in some form or another, acquainted with at least one of the Japanese representatives sent from the United Nations.

Misc. Information
Aside from her power, Akari is a skilled swordswoman in her own right, and has a natural affinity toward hand-to-hand combat.

Vera Crusher
"Dear me. How unsightly."
Name
Vera Crusher

Appearance
1582786009639.png

1582786023123.png

Nationality
British

Personality
Vera is a very haughty girl with a strong personality. Self-absorbed and overbearing, she is the spitting image of a spoiled rich girl, stuck up, entitled, and arrogant, often speaking in a domineering tone. She considers herself to be above most of her fellow students at the institute, considering them "commoners" and believing she is above the institution as a whole.

However, despite all that, she is actually rather easy to fluster. Having had little actual human interaction outside of her family, servants, and friends of equal social standing, Vera possesses a poorly defined view of the common world, oblivious to certain norms in a "common" life and what exactly such a life entails. Perhaps one could say that it's about high time she began to become fully aware of herself.

That said, Vera is capable of being nice; among those who have "earned" her respect, she is actually polite and well-mannered like an "ideal lady," and she is not entirely oblivious to the fact that her privileged upbringing has granted her a distorted lens far removed from the sensibilities of others, only vaguely aware that her experiences differ from many others, unable to express such sentiments.

Ability
Fire Manipulation (Rank C) - In a way, it's rather self-explanatory. Vera can manipulate fire at will, conjuring it practically out of thin air so long as oxygen is present. Being so self-explanatory means her power is less complex than the abilities of others, but also means less constraints for her to keep in mind, aside from having to manually activate her "powered form."

When in her powered form, characterized by her hair changing color from black to red, on top of being able to conjure fire at will, Vera is also immune to fire damage, and is able to manipulate pre-existing fire as well.

Short Background
Born to an aristocratic family in England, Vera enjoyed the fruits of privilege since birth, wanting for nothing, and enjoyed her youth counting down the days until she would inherit the full fortune of the Crusher estate once her eighteenth birthday came. However, in her own words, she was "robbed" of her own inheritance when her powers developed, her new status as an Enhanced proving to throw a wrench in her life before she knew it.

With public unrest and tensions at a consistent high, Vera's parents had decided to delay their daughter's inheritance, believing that having an Enhanced as the sole heiress of the family would tarnish their reputation unless Vera otherwise proved her "worthiness" of her inheritance. Thus, as her eighteenth birthday came and went, Vera was enrolled into the Institute for Enhanced Individuals, tasked with proving her worth as the heiress of her family and a soldier fit to represent her country...

Misc. Information
Weirdly enough, she is very skilled at wrestling.

• Love
Reactions: hellofutureme
Emma Sutton
1582829627966.png

Nationality: Swedish
Catchphrase: Are you sure it's not the living haunting the dead?

1582830436025.png

BackgroundEmma's childhood was spent in doctors' offices. Her mother took her to any and every specialist, frantic to discover the cause of Emma's skeleton arms. Yet, with 4 other children and both parents working full-time, her time in doctors' offices ended after her parents were convinced of her health.

Spoiled rotten by her family, she was never given a chance to loathe her bizarre physical deformities. Instead, she was natured into a self-assured, empathic young woman taught to live with pride.

Emma was homeschooled in the afternoon by her mom after work and spent most of her time reading books or talking to the spirits that crossed her path.

Still, despite her seemingly charmed life, there are some things Emma worried about: like why she can't remember a day her arms weren't coated in thick armor, fashioned into her skin like grim prosthetics. Why the first time she saw her own strange mutation was within a sterile lab, her mom and a doctor studying her ivory limbs in fascination. Or why she's never seen a single person within miles of their family home in years despite them living in a cul-de-sac stuffed with houses. Or where exactly her family lives. Or why she doesn't look anything like her mom and dad. Or her siblings. Or what it is exactly her parents do.

Used to these unanswered questions and kept locked away in her home, Emma discovered a quiet loneness within. A desire for friends.

She had resigned herself to this never happening, but one day her mother tells her about the International Institute of Enhanced Individuals, a place filled with girls just like her: unique to the point of oddness. Her mother asked Emma if she wanted to enter the institute, Emma said yes without hesitation.
PersonalityEmma's extremely low body temperature leaves her constantly lethargic. More often asleep then not, when she is awake, Emma is a cuddly, enthusiastic student with an obsession for video games despite her crippling simulation sickness. She is a proud lover of all things savory or bitter, and she suffers from poor social skills because of her sheltered upbringing.
AbilityEmma is a medium. She sees and communicates with spirits spontaneously. Her eyes, normally a pale, almost milky sapphire, eerily glow gold when she communicates with the dead.

Her power has two serious side effects.

First, from her elbow down she lacks either flesh or muscle. She hides her skeletal arms in dense azure armor, made especially to protect her brittle bones.

Second, she's as cold as a corpse. With her body losing heat faster than it can create, Emma stays in a constant state of hypothermia. While she is a medical miracle, winters are deadly to Emma and she rarely leaves the house during them.

She has a Low-tier D-Class Enhanced Ranking. Her ability's main perceived use: gathering information.

1582831188451.png

A little girl with hair the color of moonlight stares into a mirror, gaze locked on the beautiful women running a golden brush through her silky hair. "Mommy," she tries, voice tinted in cautious anticipation. "When will I get to go to school like Sissy and Bonnie?"

"Soon, utövar liv och död. They're preparing a special place for my special girl, it'll take some time, and you'll be a big girl once it's done. But when it's finished, you'll help mommy's dream come true, won't you?" The girl giggled, a smile of pure joy lighting up her ghostly face.

"Of course, mommy!"

"That's my angel." Lost in her own joy at the promise of a day where she could finally, finally go outside, not just to play in the lawn with her siblings, but to somewhere far away (her own adventure!), the little girl failed to notice the manic glint in her mother's eyes. She didn't notice the calculated way her mother brushed her hair either: slowly, steadily, taking care to detangle every strain as if ensuring the continued excellence of treasured merchandise.

Nancy Waller
"Let's all just get along, okay? Aren't we all on the same team here?"

Name
Nancy Waller

Appearance
1582859710282.png

Nationality
American

Personality
Nancy is, perhaps, among the closest that the institute has to a ditz. As happy-go-lucky as a girl could possibly be within the Institute. A bit dim at times and slow to pick up on certain details, more of a "big picture" kind of person instead.

For all the doom and gloom in the Institute, Nancy likes to consider herself the other side of the scale. She is outspoken, bubbly, playful, upbeat, cheerful, and friendly, perhaps to an overbearing degree at times. As ditzy as she may come off though, she is not entirely dim, able to prove perceptive to a surprising degree, and might even come off occasionally as a "wise beyond her years" kind of person, according to herself at least.

Ability
Shapeshifting and Mimicry (Rank C) - The power to take the form of other people, perfectly mimicking their appearance, voice, and clothes, regardless of factors such as height, weight, and race. Nancy can even mimic other people's powers if applicable, to a limited degree, as well as their innate physical attributes. However, for Nancy, this ability comes with many stipulations.
  • Nancy is not always in complete control of her ability; she can sometimes be prone to shape-shifting without meaning to, especially depending on her mood.
  • On top of that, a half-baked shapeshift can result in an incomplete transformation if she's not careful (for example, might sometimes end up only mimicking someone's head or limb, or something else).
  • When assuming someone else's form, provided they have powers, the copied power she inherits is only approximately a third as strong as what the real person can do (for example, if a person with super strength can lift up to 900 pounds, Nancy can only lift up to 300 when borrowing their power). This can be circumvented if the person in question becomes stronger over time and Nancy observes this however.
  • To that end, when mimicking someone else, Nancy will also inherit their weakness even if she is not particularly weak to that in her normal state.
  • Her shapeshifting is limited mainly to what she observes, or in other words "scanning." Nancy cannot normally morph into someone she's never seen or "make someone up" to change into, and she can only mimic someone's powers if they see it in action. The same goes for clothes; if Nancy sees someone wearing a white t-shirt for example, their clothes will always only be able to change to that white t-shirt if she choose to morph into that person, until she sees that person wear something else.
Short Background
Nancy has had a rather simple life, born into a relatively well-off middle-class family and raised by two, normal parents. Her life was certainly what one could describe as normal, or at least, as normal as could be before she realized she was an Enhanced. Otherwise, everything was "normal" about Nancy's life; her nuclear family, her environment, the people she knew, and her hobbies. She life was, to put it in one word, traditional. And despite living in relative comfort, she had always felt out of place there.

Such comforts didn't last for long though, as Nancy eventually developed the power of shapeshifting come puberty, suddenly finding herself able to copy other people's forms, which caused quite a stir in the "normal" family who were unnerved by her developments. These abnormal powers and her lack of control over it alienated her from her parents to a degree, try as they did to understand her situation. It was then that her parents had agreed that the best thing to do was to enroll her into the Institute to help her hone her power and help instill in her a sense of responsibility and duty.

Misc. Information
Very good at karaoke.

Ivy Alana Blackbourne
British Ambassador
I am the Chairman's right hand, left hand, right leg, and left arm. His will moves me.

Not much is known about Ivy Blackbourne. Like smoke, she rose quickly to power in the Enhanced Human Containment Society, the organization responsible for apprehending the enhanced children of Britain's non-elite and trapping them in Containment Centers for "the good of society". Her fanatic worship of the Chairman has people speculating that she was once one of the impoverished girls stolen from their families and trained in an EHCS Center before being handpicked to serve the Chairman directly. But the rumor has never been confirmed.

Ivy is never far from the Chairman; her presence haunts him like a shadow. She has dedicated her life to achieving his mysterious goal. Yet, her high-ranking position does not alleviate her from doing the dirty work; Ivy is often tasked with eradicating anyone who dares to stand in the EHCS's way. With Britain being one of the nations with the highest regulation of the enhanced, and public opinion highly in favor of keeping them on a tight leash, Ivy's dirty work is kept to a minimum. Ivy's most tedious task is dealing with families desperate to reclaim their daughters; a task growing more frequent as unrest simmers below the harshly restricted and monitored surface of Britain's lower-class.

She splits her time evenly between the International Institute of Enhanced Individuals as an Ambassador and in Britain shadowing the Chairman.

• Usually stoic, Ivy's taciturn nature often leaves a stern impression on strangers. In reality, Ivy is clumsy to the point of stupidity, painfully awkward, hard-working, and willing to do anything to achieve the Chairman's goals. Her tenacity often commands the respect of those around her despite the terror her position as the Chairman's second-in-command conjures.
  • Liquid Transmutation
    S-Rank

Reactions: Looking Glass

Theodora Guendolen

British Ambassador

I could be yours.

Living listlessly without a clear goal for her future, Theodora was dragged along to a recruitment session for a newly constructed Enhanced Human Containment Society Center by a friend. It was there she first lied eyes on Ivy Alana Blackbourne and Theodora's future was set into motion. Consumed by desire for Ivy, lust at first sight, quickly turned into unrequired love as Theodora rose in the ranks of the EHCS and got closer to Ivy. The more time she spent around her senior colleague the harder she fell.

As she chased after Ivy's reflection and watched Ivy's quiet dedication to the Chairman morph into disturbing fanatic worship Theodora realized how unfitting she was for the EHCS. Theodora neither feared nor revered the enhanced. Her cold empathy unnerved her fellow colleagues who made it their personal goal to squash what they saw as omens of disaster. An outsider in an organization cult-like in their drive to satisfy its Chairmen's every whim, Theodora struggles between the decision to get out while she still can or shut her eyes to the brewing trouble and continue blindly following Ivy as she has most of her adult life.

• Theodora Guendolen is bold and confident. She truly believes the sun rises every morning to greet her and that it'll crash into the earth when she dies. With a presence that commands attention wherever she goes, and a walk that leaves scorch marks in her wake: Theodora is a force of nature, ruthlessly efficient with no time for bullshit. She is blunt to the point of rudeness, often thought of as crude, and rarely liked by the people around her.
  • None

Isaac Hughes
American Ambassador
"People are people, and they are entitled to their rights to life and liberty, no matter who they are."

Name
Isaac Hughes

Appearance
1582953763243.png

Nationality
American

Personality
A taciturn and stern man who might come off as eerily unsociable in day to day, but is actually much more charismatic than he lets on. He does not speak frivolously, making sure that every word that comes out of his mouth is with purpose, and that it is heard by everyone involved. In other words, a very to-the-point man who speaks his mind as necessary.

Despite his intimidating exterior, he is much more magnanimous than he lets on, seeing as how he is one of the leading voices of Enhanced rights in international politics.

Ability
None

Short Background
Despite being notable as an up-and-coming politician who had managed to make his way up the ranks in a relatively short amount of time (ten years to be exact), boasting a modest reputation of pushing forward progressive policies concerning the Enhanced in the United States of America, the life of Isaac Hughes is actually rather private and largely unknown, just about to an unprecedented degree in the modern age of information. Little is known about his life before he became a politician, other than that he previously worked in business, which some could attribute to his so-called skills in charisma.

Despite his popularity with the common progressive citizen, he has his fair share of detractors as well, not just within the parts of the public that disagree with his policies, but even among fellow politicians in his own party who believe he is too extreme. He has a number of unflattering rumors surrounding him, most notably that he has an illegitimate daughter.

In spite of his open disapproval for the idea of the International Institute for Enhanced Individuals and its implied mission statement of weaponizing the Enhanced for the good of the free world, Hughes elected himself as an American ambassador, intent on closely inspecting the workings of the Institute to ensure the students are treated properly.

Alicia Trask
"My. Aren't you adorable?"

Name
Alicia Trask

Appearance
1583200289348.png

Nationality
American

Personality
A whimsical and friendly young woman, or so she seems. People seem naturally drawn to her for whatever reason. She is often seen with an easy-going smile on her face, though an observant person might just barely be able to see something else hidden behind her eyes. Alicia carries a charismatic air to her; she is nearly impossible to fluster, always seems to know exactly what she wants to say, and often has people around her under her thumb.

In short, a mysterious woman who can effortlessly sweep others off their feet.

Ability
[REDACTED]

Short Background
[REDACTED]