Engel: Fiat Lux

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Pardon my rudness, but that wasn't a bad question, Dem. Where are we going on the rising of the sun tomarrow morning?" I would look apon Teil, perhaps she was told something that the rest of us weren't , like what our mission was, the reason why we were gathered. I for one didn't fully know what we were supposed to do when sent down to Earth. The main thing we are supposed to do is to destroy any threats against the church in the name of our Lord.

I sat down besides Nurna, smiling wormly twards her as the rest of the group would talk amongst eachother. I connected to her once again, or perhaps she was still connected to me when I asked her, "I'm glad you desided to come with me on this Pilgramige, it will bring the both of us some good, Sister." I placed my hand onto her shoulder, putting my arm around her as I held her softly. I guess Teil isn't the only person who brings out the best in me. I closed my eyes and smiled sweetly as I continued to telepathicly tell her, "So, when do you think we should teach them this gift, so we could communicate over a long distance? It will be of great use for us as a hole, wouldn't you agree?"

You can go teach teach them if you want to so much, she replied with a small smirk. He was always like this, wasn't he? She wasn't really nervous about tomorrow, but it certainly will be a big day. One to be remembered for who knows how long.

The loude growling of her stomach interrupted her thoughts, which she hastily covered up with a cough. She hoped that the warm feeling in her cheeks were only her imagination. She stood up from the chair, and headed towards her room, where she knew had a chocolate shake and some risotto in the fridge. Thank god it was a private room, so nobody could see her pigging out on food.

Teil spoke to the entire fellowship as she responded. "Tommorow morning.." she paused.

"We depart to Earths surface. We are to neutralize the many threats that oppose our Lords creations, the humans. Therefore we are to protect them at any costs. Sadly, I do not know much of the contents of this mission, not even the length of this task. I hope this will not cause any of you to waver for it will take the full cooperation of all us to see our Lords plan come to fruition."

Tiel let out a deep sigh. 'What a mouthful' she thought.

Tiel truly did hope that such a vague description and looming threat wouldn't sway any of them from the right path. She quickly scanned everyones faces to see what their decision would be.

"If any of you were to decline... N-Now would be the time."

Tiel truly couldn't force any of them to stay or partake, she only had faith that they would.

I looked at her with great honor in my eyes. I placed the palm of my right hand down to the center of the table and nodded my head lightly and spoke, "I shail not waiver from the path..." I looked to the rest of the group, as if waiting for them to fallow in as I did. It only takes the insperasion of one being to clasp hold of everone else's hearts. I frowned to see that my fellow order sister had left before Teil told the group about the plans awaiting them the fallowing morning, but as long as I am her brother, she will accompany me, and I shail protect her. By any means.

I wake the fallowing morning to a perching crow, perching its self on my windowcil. My eyes are rusty and my sight faded, I couldn't see two inches infront of me but I knew the creature by it's preasence. It was the bird that haunts me ever since I killed it's brother. I felt terrible after it, and even after apologizing to it multipal times, the bird's sibling still haunts me. It's kind of funny, even in a new place such as this, resting in a new bed of the Michaelite Himmel, the bird still finds me. I slowly sit up on the bed and the bird flys away, it's wings streatched outright as it sored across the sky.

I wiped my face from the tired plastered across my eyes and mouth and stood, walking twards the restroom of this glorious room. The steem building up from the hot water cause the merror to fog as I washed my face and hair. Streacking my and across it's surface, i staired at my reflectsion for only a moment and saw nothing at first. Perhaps it's just my imaginasion, but my image slowly grew back from darkness and back to my origonal form, but... something was different. My hair was a different colour and my wings were missing. I crindged at the sight and wipped it off the merror, returning to my apperance as I stood in the lavitory.

What did it mean, my change in apperance. What could posibly happen to me down there that could cause me to change like that? Perhaps it was nothing but it was note worthy. I've never been one to overlook a preminision, not even my own. I redressed my self with one of my finist coats with a light green lining. Before I left the room, I grabbed my prayer beads and put the cross in my pocket, so that the chain would dangle from my belt. Iwas about to leave the room, when I forgot something, the most important thing us Engel are bread to do. I knelt down before the door and clasped my hands together and praid, for the well being of Teil, my sister Nurna, The Fellowship, my self and the church.

The following morning Nurnadael woke to the sounds of nature. She laid down in a while, enjoying the softness of the linen sheets and musical chirping of the birds outside her open window. The early sun's rays beat down upon her bare body, clothed only in a thin green dress meant for comfort. With a sigh, she reluctantly rose from her bed, smoothly slipping through the sheets.

In no time, she was freshly groomed and ready for departure. Her theme today was green. Green pants, a green shirt and green leather shoes. They were meant for traveling and were quite durable. A rough, dark green cloak was draped around her. It was slightly faded from weather but served as good protection against the elements. Her short hair was now tied into a ponytail, leaving out the hair at the front because of it being too short.

She briskly walked towards the flight deck, boots crunching on the soft tender grass. It was a pleasant day, with a slight breeze scented with flowers and something else she couldn't quite put her finger on. Arriving at the so called meeting place, she sat down on the ground, hoping the others would come soon.

Serefaal nodded at Sheo's greeting. Taelin clucked her beak in what seemed to be a greeting as well. Sheo motioned for him and Nurnadael to join the others along with their leader, Tiel. He followed, the end of his robe brushing softly against the floor as he walked. Taelin now took residence on his shoulder instead of his arm, looking around at the scene around her and absorbing all the sights she saw. Soon he, Nurnadael, and Sheo sat at a table with most of their fellow Engel to talk amongst themselves.

Serefaal grabbed Demoloth's hand when it was offered to him, shaking it firmly. "Yes. I look forward to working with you as well." He nodded in response to Tiel's smile. He listened to the mission briefing, while Taelin softly pecked his fingers for a treat. Serefaal tapped her twice on the head; a signal that he had no treats to give her or he didn't plan on giving her any. Disapointed, the snowy owl settled in on her master's shoulder and began to silently watch the conversation.

Tomorrow...He thought. We shall go to the surface...
-------------
Serefaal woke to the sound of Taelin hooting above him, waving her wings around. This caused a flurry of white feathers to rain on his face. He quickly rose, fed her, and watered her. As Taelin ate, he began to change back into his robe get ready to venture onto the surface. He shook his wings a bit, causing a few black feathers to shake loose fall. Taelin hopped from her perch and caught one in her beak. She flew over to him and dropped it in his hands, pleased with herself.

Thank you, friend.
Serefaal silently told her.

Demoloth paced the flight deck irritably. They should have gone by now. He was dressed to travel, his bow unstrung and shoved into the quiver with his arrows. He was anxious.

Tiel had mentioned the place, Frieburg, at the edge of a forest called the Schwartzwald. It was a place infested with Dreamseed, he had heard. He was eager to bring about a cleansing, to prove the worth of himself and by extension his fellowship. He would make Meryn proud of him, come hell or high water. Seeing no one of his fellowship yet and watching other fellowships plunging into the open air around Roma Aeturna, Demoloth gave an irritated huff.

Dropping to his belly, Demoloth began to do push-ups in the early morning dimness, a fine mist of rain falling about the city. It would be hard to tell if it was sweat or rain beading upon his lean body, but in any case he was trying to do something productive as he awaited the other members of his fellowship.

When I got to the departure point, I could see Dem perfomring push ups. I couldn't help but smerk and lean against the gigantic, golden pillar closest to their drop port. He didn't even notice the fact that I entered his brain as I closed my eyes. I could read every thought going through his mind with out him even noticing and, oh? Whats this? Looks like someone wants their mother to feel proud of him. I gave one of his devious smerks as I cut the connection with his mind just before ne suspected I was even in. I walked casualy up twards him, hands in my pockets as usual and I spoke to him, "Well met, Brother." waving my had only to put it back into my pocket.

"Im guessing no one else has shown yet? We are running a tad bit late." I would comment that yes, I did over sleep. And it would look like I wasn't the only one either.

"Do you mind waiting alittle longer, I have to obtain a few iteams before we can make our departure. Tell the other's who show I wont take a second of their time." It would seem that I was being polight to this man of disrespectful nature.

I bowed to him honorably and turned to make my leave. I had to run inorder to obtain my order from the Michaelite Iron-Smith. You see, I asked the head Smith of the organisasion there to make me two new daggers for our desent apon Earth. I made a special request to have them be fordged in the hell fire of our enemy with our Engelic Metal, to make them one of the strongist daggers in the possesion of Michael history. If I am going to die, I'm going to die with style. When I reached the Smith's main facility, it was practicly empty, barron allmost. Everyone else who had placed their orders have allready left for earth, there was only one teller left and he grew a grin apon his face when he saw me. I told him, "Well met, brother." and gave him a nod. He returned my nod with one of his own and reached under the counter. He placed a black briefcase ontop of the counter and opened it, turning it to show me what was inside. I couldn't believe my eyes, they were the two most beautiful daggers I have ever seen. The handle of the two were split into two, for a wide grip and ease of knife play, twirling them around with my finger tips. The blades them selves were the length of the tip of my middle finger to the edge of my wrist, about 5 inches. The metal fordged to make these daggers, they must of been blessed by the Lord him self, they were well polished and engraved with the Latin words, "Vengence is my name, and thou shailt know Thy name is the Lord." on both of them. I couldn't help but wheep over how beautiful the knifes looked to me. I nodded to the counterman and took them, scabured as well that was underneath them in the case. I put both into their scaburds and clasped them behind my back on my belt underneath my jacket. I now had to rejoin the Fellowship for transit to Earth, I hope I'm not too late and they haven't left with out me.

"Do you always start the day with physical exercise?"

Akiel stood at the entrance of the flight deck, dressed in a white short-sleeved romper, a dark brown leather belt wrapped several times around her waist. She watched Demoloth curiously, head tilted to the side and hands clasped behind her back. At her side slumped a dark red drawstring bag.

Choosing to ignore Sheogariel, Demoloth continued his exercise; he was decidedly lacking his typical mirth at the moment this morning. The fact that the Ramielitin rushed off to do God knows what did nothing for his sour disposition. It was only when Akiel spoke that the Urielite looked up from his diversion. "Only when I have to wait on late risers, sister. At any rate, it certainly doesn't hurt to try and strengthen oneself when the opportunity presents itself."

With a mighty flap of his large wings, Demoloth was on his feet once more, taking in the little Raphaelitin. Soon enough his trademark grin was back upon his face as he stepped nearer to her. Ready to go, I see. At least someone else is," He smiled and bent to inspect her bag. "Quite a load you have; can you carry it all that way? I'll help if you like." With a self-assured wink, he took up Akiel's bag without waiting for her permission. She had made an impression with her strange smile the night before and he found he actually enjoyed her company. Though he tended to have a penchant for broken things, this little Engel who claimed to be more than she seemed interested him.

"You slept well in this place?" He asked conversationally. Sharp eyes and ears were on alert for the rest of their fellowship. "I didn't. My wings have been itching since I arrived. I'm ready to see what awaits us." Smiling into the misty dawn, body glistening with sweat and rain, he could barely contain his genuine excitement. Today was the start of their true purpose.

She greeted the others at the flight deck by staring at them. It was already time, huh. She couldn't feel much happy about it, but it was not a bad thing, one could suppose. Surely there would be fun things awaiting.

She reached into the pockets of her pants, breathing a sigh of relief when the cold metal of her darts could still be felt there in the rough fabric. With rapid hand motions, she signed to demoloth that she could memorize the map, just in case. Any information crossing her mind stayed there. It was useful for a lot of things, and could benefit greatly in this journey.

"Amen.."

Tiel's glittery scarlet-auburn eyes opened to land on the olive colored ceiling, a sight she was used to along with the rest of the room. Her eyes struggled to adjust to the new lighting as the sun filled the room. "Mhmm someone turn the sun off.. The sun? I'm late!"

Tiel scrambled off of the bedsheets and darted to her closet. Her hand portruded through the endless barrage of elegant clothing. Slowly, she pulled out a large rectangle shaped, black case. Upon opening it she laid eyes on her armor. It didn't look like much, but that wasn't the case. It was also abit showy for her taste. The outline was golden and black. There were pads on her shoulders knees, chest, and pelvis. Everything else was bare skinned. Tiel wondered why an outfit like this was chosen, but this wasn't the time to second guess.

Tiel got undressed and quickly ressed again. She then made her way to he door before making a quik stop at the mirror, as all girls do. A blush caught her ceeks as she viewed herself. She looked...good. As a test she stretched her right hand in front of her before uttering a few small words. On que a burst of lightning formed and faded, leaving her weapon, the 'sam no had' appeared aswell as the small dainty crossbow on her back. Then those two faded aswell. "Ready!"

It seemed that she was right when she assumed she was late. Tiel was almost the lst to arrive in fact. She stood in front of the group with her hands on her knees, drawing a slight pant. "S-Sorry I'm late.." She muttered.

(Note: Serefaal was not one of the last to appear. I'm just posting a bit late. Things may seem jumbled in terms of time.)

Serefaal quickly flew to the flight deck, black feathers trailing behind him as he flapped his wings. He landed near Demo with a loud thud, crouching over from the impact. Slowly, he rose to stand up straight, a mix of owl and his own feathers floating around him. His face was still hidden by his hood, though in the light his icy eyes could be seen more clearly. He said nothing to Demo, instead standing still and silent like a fearsome guardian statue. He waited for the others to appear.

Up above, a high-pitched screech could be heard. A white bird of snow circled overhead, wings barely moving as she glided above. Eventually she swooped down in a graceful curve, landing on Serefaal's head. Serefaal did not move, making the owl peck him gingerly on his head. She then poked her head inside his hood, hooting into his face. Serefaal bumped his finger on her back.

"Taelin." He said in a deep, yet smooth voice. Taelin gave a small huff and settled on his head. Serefaal said nothing as the others arrived, though Taelin gave a hoot in greeting as they arrived.

I couldnt wait to show my brothers and sisters the blades made for me in mind. It was quite shocking how unique they were and how well I could handle them. It was as if they were build, for me. I was estatic, over joyed. Not even the oh so amusing Dem could cause me grief.

I was getting close to the drop off zone and, my vision began to blure once again. When I round the golden pillar, I see the rest of the group, but they were moving ferther away yet not moving their legs. My depth persepsion was getting worce by the minute and I could feel something terrible build up inside of me. I hunched over twards them, oustreatching my hand and fell to the floor before them, unconsous. To them, it may seem that I lay there wounded or perhaps overwhelmed with stress of what's to come, this will give Dem a snivy comment for sure. But, I wasn't overwhelmed by stress or anything like that. As Nurna knows, I have visions, preminisions of the future. Some are strong enough to knock my unconsous like I have just become.

Two in one day? This has to be a lucky day, or maybe perhaps not.

When I opened my eyes, I saw the ceiling of a wooden roof, completly out of disrepaire with beams of light pooring through the cracks. It was early morning, quite like it is outside of my preminision. I was slow to sit up on the straw and wheat make-shift cott and stood with mud caked lether shoes. My cloths were loose fitting and dirty, stained with mud, blood, and fecies of not my doing. The shack I wake from was smaller then the study I am welcome to back at the Library of the Ramiel Hedquorters. I walked out the entrence of the shack and looked up at amazement, there was a gigantic pillar peircing the clouds above. It was the Michaelite Himmil, I would recognize it anywhere from the first time I saw it just yesterday afternoon. I saw figures falling from the sky then graicfuly lifting upward like halks gliding across the sky hunting for pray. That's when it hit me, If I am bellow the Himmil, that would that this person exists and lives below the Himmil. I had to search for something reflectent, so I could get a look at who I was. I saw him again. The me with blackned hair and wingless. Ever since I saw him this morning his apperance haunted me to no end. My eyes reopen as i look up to see the rest of the group hovering over me, atleast the ones who cared for me, Nurna, Teil and the healer hovering over me to make sure my vitals were allright throughout my vision. I could see the Gabrielite from the corrner of my eye and bared not mind to him.

I perched my self up with my elbows and looked to Nurna. I asked her telepathicly, "Sister, what ever you saw inside my mind while I was under... Please, forget it. That... thing, has haunted me since this morning and I wish not to hear of it." I knew she saw what I did, she allways saw what happened inside the more promenint visions I behold when unconsous because I knew she fears that I might possibly not come back if down too long. I would ask her not to worry but it can't be helped.

As the group bound for Frieburg assembled on the flight deck overlooking the grand city of Roma Aeturna and the wilder churchlands beyond, the weak light of dawn filtered through the ever-present grey of the sky as misty rain fell. Even here in the golden city the morning's sallow light painted the world in muted shades of grey and brown.

Before the fellowship of Tiel could abscond, the flap of powerful wings- closer than the noises of other fellowships taking flight- was heard as another Engel touched down nearby with a practiced grace. He was a being of light and glory; the very air around him seemed to be brighter and almost to dispel the rain. From head to toe the Engel was golden: from the soft wheaten curls that framed his sculpted face to the bronzed glow of his skin, to the golden robes and armor that he wore. He shone in the dim light, and he came toward your group with a hand raised in greeting.

It was Quoriel, the near-literal golden boy of the Michaelite order. He had been battle tested, and was awarded the license to travel to a fro where he was needed. He appeared perhaps two years the elder of your group, and to have accomplished such feats as were only whispered of among the Engel in training in Roma Aeturna was an impressive accolade.

"I'm glad that I caught you before you departed with your fellowship, Tiel." His tone was formal and commanding although his voice was like velvet. Looking from the winded leader, the subtle curl of his lip marring his handsome face, Quoriel turned his attention to the Gabrielite of the group. Brows arched slightly, making a question of his statement, "You're Serefaal."

Pulling a vellum envelope from a fold in his robes, the older Engel passed it to the one whom he had addressed. "Your Ab asked me to deliver this to you," He said, the slight hint of distaste in his voice. Brown-gold eyes flicked toward Demoloth; "Typically the Urielitin are the messengers, but apparently I was the only one available that she came upon before leaving. She said this is for your eyes alone."

Curiosity colored his expression briefly, but the elder Michaelite said nothing more of it. He wished you well and departed swiftly without a backwards glance.

The day was coming on quickly with no sign of the rain abating. In fact, the sky seemed darker in the direction your flight was to take despite the oncoming dawn. It was going to take you some time to reach the little town of Frieburg and an unpleasant time of it. The time to leave was now.

Serefaal heard the flapping of feathery wings as the elder Engel, Quoriel, landed besides him. He turned away from him, watching the horizon with interest. Taelin turned her head around and stared at the new arrival with her large eyes. As the sound of his name, Serefaal turned around. Quoriel pulled an envelope from his robes and handed it to him. His Ab? He had not heard from her for some time. What could she want now? Serefaal caught the distaste in his voice but kept his cold silence. His hand took the envelope from his hand and he nodded.

His eyes alone? What could be in the letter...

Serefaal carefully opened it, making sure not to let the others see and quickly read it. He read it twice again. Each word was soon imprinted in his mind. He stepped away from the group, making sure to give an amount of distance from him and them. His hand was soon surrounded by brilliant red flames and his sword appeared. Follow. The blade of holy justice. The weapon of fiery strikes. He was sure most of the Engels were startled at what he was doing, but he did what he wanted to do fast and soon. He touched his letter to his blade and the paper burned into black thin ash. Follow disappeared in a thin cloud of smoke.

Serefaal resumed his idle standing and silent position, watching as the ash fell to the ground. He never said a word.

Nurnadael noticed the change in Sheo's mental condition. Something troubled him greatly, and she was about to ask when his words soon appeared in her head. It was a simple message. Do not tell the others about this. There was a hint of desperation in his voice, and it scared her. What had disturbed him so greatly? She could do nothing but wait and hope for the best.

She stretched a bit, hoping to shake off this feeling of unease. It would all work out somehow... She did not take much notice to the messenger and their conversation. Nor did she notice Serefaal's strange actions. She hoped they would leave soon.

Before Tiel could ask if he were alright it seemed that Sheogariel had already recovered. She left his side and let his sister tend to him, for it seemed that she could do a bettr job than herself.

Tiel shot up upon hearing the flapping of wings. By the pure sound they were apparently larger ones, with excellent width aswell. Of course it had to be Quoriel, who else? Everyone in Roma Aeturna had to have hard of him. In truth Tiel was only slightly fond of him and mostly jealous. It seemed as though he could do it all. He hd the looks.. The skill.. The respect that she didn't. His voice was strict and Tiel prbably would've buckled under the base if it weren't for heralready being used to it.

She gave him a formal nod as he landed and quickly turned his attention towards Serefaal. He was given a letter, it must've been extremly importain seeing that it was delivered by a high ranked Michealite and the actions taken by Serefaal only seconds after reading it. It was burned and Serefaal's weapons was momentarily drawn. Tiel' eyes were fixated on him the entire time, her curiousity was quickly leveled out aswell. She struggled not to ask about the contents of the note. Not because she knew he wouldn't respond but she beleived that there was a chance she wasn't supposed to know. And so she dismissed the thought.

Tiel turned to her fellowship. She wasn't one for speeches so she made her announcement short and pleasent. " I hope you all have prepared yourselves thoroughly and are ready to depart. It seems as though it will rain shortly and we have much sky to cover before we may touch down in Frieburg. So we have to leave immediately."

With that Tiel made hr way to the edge of the flight deck. Her wings spread widely and fluttered in beautifu preparation. She lt herself fall as her wings caught her, she began to soar through the darkening clouds.

Glowering at the older Engel as he passed the envelope to Serefaal, Demoloth seethed silently. How dare this pretty boy insult his order as if they were merely the errand boys of the other orders. They all served the church and if that included delivering post then a Michaelite would do just as well as a Urielite. With a huff, and a grin tugging at one corner of his lips, Demoloth sized up the grand golden Engel. Well, maybe not just as well. I think I might have a good four-foot span on his lily-white wings.

Anger abating after Quoriel took his leave, the emotion was replaced with curiosity. Serefaal was less than forthcoming about the letter's contents and even went so far as to burn it to ash with his holy flame. He would have to keep a wary eye to the Gabrielite whose face he still had yet to see.

Tiel's brief words before their departure won the Michaelite a little more respect in his eyes. Decked in her armor and taking the helm of this fellowship seemed a far cry from the somewhat frightened youth after yesterday's Consecration. She seemed like a leader; even if she was late to arrive. His grin was a wide and shockingly sincere one. With a whoop of excitement Demoloth took off running to the edge of the flight deck, propelling himself into the air like a cliff diver might, his wings pressed tightly to his back.

He fell like the rain around him, body tensed as he tried to offer as little wind resistance as possible, falling faster and faster until at last spreading his massive chestnut wings. With a few mighty flaps he rose into the air almost as quickly as he had fallen, reveling in the feeling of flight. This is why God had made him, and every feather sang praise to the wonder of his ascent. He was caught up to their leader in no time, turning and rolling around her playfully and laughing over the wind. The rain was of little matter; it was always raining in some form or other, and the stinging drops against his bare skin was awakening. "This is going to be great, Tiel! Maybe one day you'll knock Quoriel off his high horse." He teased playfully.

Finally ceasing his gamboling about, Demoloth settled in front to take point. As the keenest set of eyes and the strongest fliers, Urielitin were trained for this: take point and allow the others to draft behind you in order to conserve energy. Switch to the back when you get tired and let someone else have a go for a while. Still smiling and sights set on Frieburg, he flew on.

It was two days of hard flying before they sighted Frieburg. Two days of heavy rain getting colder as they moved northward, sometimes forcing them to ground in order to take shelter from the stinging gale. It was miserable going and honestly it was miserable when they arrived.

Frieburg is a town built from the ruins of a pre-flood city dating back hundreds of years. It is by no means as grand as the cities which surround your himmels, but it is home to at least 15,000 people. Nestled in a valley with rolling green hills to one side and a vast and dark forest to the other, the town could almost be picturesque if not for the occasional ruins and the rain. Still, the people here have done their best at restoring the town to its former glory with the tools they had available. Since the church strictly prohibits machina of these times of sin before God saw fit to punish mankind, everything you see has been carefully hand crafted.

Its ancient cathedral is breathtaking and perhaps the first thing you might notice as you approach in the pouring rain. It seems as if you have been spotted as well as the bells begin to ring out in celebration of your arrival. As you touch down in the muddied square, a robed figure hurriedly ushers you inside the cathedral itself and out of the rain.

Hundreds of candles illuminate the dimness within, giving the massive space a feeling of warmth and celebration. And indeed it is a celebration of sorts; quite a few townspeople are gathered within, seated at the polished wooden pews and staring at your sodden entrance. You might be cold and wet and tired, bedraggled in appearance, but you are Engel and you are proof of God's love. They bow their heads in grateful prayer as you pass on your way to the back of the church, to the grand altar hung with prayer cloths and all the trappings of the Angelitic Church.

A small retinue awaits you, three men and two women, all dressed in their church finery save the one much older man. And, surprisingly enough, another Engel stands behind them. The older of the women steps forward, her hands held wide in a gesture of welcome.

"It is a glorious day when our humble home of Frieburg welcomes its own fellowship of Engel. Let us rejoice and pray." She addresses the room at large, a beatific smile lighting her face. She is older than the other, but not a crone; perhaps in her 40s and slim as a rail. Her long salt and pepper hair is braided down her back. When she finishes the prayer, she addresses your group alone, her strong voice no longer carrying around the church. "I am Bishop Lucrette. Welcome; come with me and I shall make introductions as you warm yourselves after your journey."

Leading you past the altar, the others in tow, the Bishop enters a room just off the church. It is the entry to her chambers and it is merrily lit by a large crackling fire in a stone hearth. A scrubbed oak table takes up the majority of the room, surrounded by chairs and laid with water and food. She invites you to sit, rest, replenish yourselves and makes introductions as you do.

The older man in secular garb is the town's mayor, Ozkar. He welcomes you warmly.
The younger woman clad in the blue robes of the Ramielitin is the Prior of the monastery of that order nearby. She expresses her happiness at being able to welcome two Engel of her order; it is a blessing indeed. She is called Leisse.
The very large man of middle age greets you in a booming baritone. He is Heiner, Prior of the Gabrielitin monastery that shares the town with the Ramielitin.
The third man is quite young, perhaps in his mid-twenties and introduces himself as Leviticus, a Templar Armatura sent to welcome you on behalf of the Decani Aurelia who was not able to attend your arrival. He expresses her regret at the situation.
The Engel also steps forward to make introductions. His black robes and particular armor mark him as Gabrielitin; his hair is cropped short and banded back to keep it well out of the way of any wayward flames. He is handsome and intense, dark eyes burning through you as he turns his gaze on each in turn. However, despite this his manner is gentle and his voice is softly soothing as he offers his name and a greeting. "Welcome brothers and sisters. I am Tyriel. I have watched Frieburg for some time while awaiting the day that you might come. My counterpart from the Ramielitin monestary, Pyriel, could not be here either it seems." If this bothers him, he does not make it apparent.

rise_up___yubaiel_by_epitope-d46iorn.png

It is now that you are left to rest and recover from your journey. You have been given leave to sleep overnight in the cathedral, the parishioners having left soon after you were escorted back. The small group of church officials wish you good night, and soon Tyriel is the only one who remains.

Status
Not open for further replies.