Engel: Fiat Lux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Demoloth shook his head, a soft laugh on his lips at Akiel's reply. Despite her outward appearance, this little dove had claws; but the slight fidgeting was noteworthy. He was just about to speak again when another voice distracted him from this new plaything. Glancing over his shoulder at the newcomer, Demoloth greeted him with a smirk before turning to face him.

"Ah, a Ramielite. I saw you inside speaking with our esteemed leader," He grinned widely at the statement, as if it were some private joke. "She certainly was all fired up, wasn't she? Think she'll be able to do the job, high-holy-cruncher-of-numbers?" Chuckling at his own wit, Demoloth stepped away from Akiel, extending a hand to Sheogariel.

"Demoloth, your Urielite in residence. But I'll bet all the gold in the hall that you knew that already," he spoke with a curt nod of his head, sizing up the other Engel. He was happy to see that he was a little taller than the verdigris-topped Ramielitin. And in better shape as well, but that was to be expected in comparison to what amounted to a flying scribe. At least the Gabrielite of their fellowship in the distance seemed formidable enough.

Amusement dancing in his intense green eyes, Demoloth motioned with a grand sweep of his hand to Akiel. "I was just asking our little healer if she was ready to face life outside of the Himmels. How about you, brother? Are you prepared?"

I took his hand and grasped it tightly. From training with my blades, you could say I had a good grip. I could hear a few of his nuckles pop from how tight i held his hand. My face was plain, yet I smiled kindly twards him. So, this is the Urialite that has been destined to join our fellowship? This is going to be a long mission. "Of course, dearist brother. I thank you for your consern in the matter of my well being." I spoke to him with the most kind tone in my voice, but I had a feeling he knew I didn't mean it. I continued by saying, "And as of the capability of our leader, I would advise you to keep your opinions to your self if they are nothing but demeaning. We have to give our leader the respect that she desirves. Wouldn't you agree, Sister?" I smiled down at our healer, she looked like a child and from when he first saw her, I couldn't believe it. Was she the age she looked, and if she was, did they know?

"But reguardless, I must ask you the same. Are you ready, D-e-m-oloth, was it?" I asked, spelling his name out to give influence of how much I cared. "What have you done to prepare your self to the impending doom awaiting for us down there in the depths of the human filth?"

Tiel gave a feint, curtosied smile and a formal nod as Sheo excused himself. It was good that the other Engel were socializing. Becoming fond of each other was a key element in her eye. Tiel could only hope that they were getting along well. Each of them were different and held clashing personalities. For whatever reason a smirk fell upon her face when she thought of this. She didn't feel as though she was yet ready to mingle with the masses again nor her fellow Engel. She would reserve this moment to herself and sit quietly in by her table, located in a nice shaded corner of the flight deck.

Of course she wouldn't forget to sit formally, with dash of elegance her golden wings seemed to radiate even in such a dimly lit location. Tiel took this time to relax. Her normally stiff and upright wings just fluttered gently. The breeze that passed through the flight deck was amazingly refreshing. Tiel wondered why she hadn't noticed it earlier. This room was calming, yet nervously tense. A grateful sigh escaped her lips as her auburn hair began to sway back and forth. While she had this moment to herself she whispered a short prayer, the standard churches requiem. Even so it brought her a moments peace...

She outstretched a hand, letting its claws dig into her arm. It didn't really hurt, but reminded her of the days when she would sit st a park bench inside the city and hold birdseed in her hands. It wasn't long before all the birds nearby flocked towards her, perching on every place they could find. She would let them take the birdseed from her mouth while she spoke to them, not with words, but with thoughts. Sometimes she wondered if someday, once all the fighting was over, she would be able to settle down on Earth. After all, above there were no wildlife.

Nurnadael smiled at the man, as to show sincerity. The animals know more about everything than we do sometimes her eyes seemed to say. It was not necessarily hard to express herself through body language and eyes, it was simply that she rarely bothered to do it. Serefaal was a strange Engel indeed. He has a voice yet rarely uses it. She let the owl fly back to him and turned to face the open sky.

She outstretched her blueish, rather big wings, the wing easily tearing through her silk dress. They were getting cramped after so much time spent folded. It would be a good time to stretch them a bit. She looked at the owl, noticing its intelligence showing through its eyes. How long had it lived, she wondered.

The harder Sheogariel squeezed, the broader Demoloth's grin became. "That's some grip, brother." The Urielite murmured when his hand was back in his possession. He doubted such strength came from holding a stylus. That was worth noting. Also noteworthy was Sheogariel's defense of the Michaelite, Tiel. Demoloth actually laughed, unable to contain his mirth. "Ahh, so you do have a history. Interesting." He grinned widely, spreading his hands wide in a gesture of supplication. "I meant no offense to our leader, we are all untested in the field. Besides drills, that is."

At the green-haired youth's next question, and his overly unconcerned half-spelling of Demoloth's name, the Urielite's grin became sharp enough to cut. He actually took a step in towards Sheogariel, drawing himself up to tower over the other Engel. "Impending doom?" He murmurned near Sheogariel's ear, "Not for me. I'll not die out there. I will serve God until such a time that he calls me back home for Purification, that I might ascend to heaven once more so that the Choir may sing my praises forevermore. No dirty servant of The Lord of the Flies will lay me low, brother."

Demoloth stepped away, brushing past the Ramielitin before him with a flippant smile that belied his serious tone. His green eyes all but flared with confidence. Turning gracefully on the ball of his foot to face both Sheogariel and Akiel, Demoloth made a low bow, spreading his great wings while the leather he wore creaked satisfyingly. "A pleasure meeting you both, but since I have been so rude I feel as if I must say hello to our Michaelite personally." He shot Sheogariel a predatory glance at the statement before turning his gaze on Akiel. He winked at the little Raphaelitin before he stood, tucking his wings once more.

With a smile lighting his features as per usual, Demoloth made his way back into the merrily lit hall. This was just getting better and better.

He slipped up behind their lovely leader and watched her pray for a moment, taking in the sight of her. She really was a credit to her order, at least in appearance; all golden and poised as she sat with her head bowed, asking for goodness knows what from their Creator. Crossing toned arms over his firm, bare chest and leaning against the column beside Tiel, Demoloth spoke softly. "My leader, good evening. I thought it was high time I introduced myself. My apologies for the delay; I am Demoloth, your Urielitin." He extended a hand to her, his smile soft but still holding some of its earlier edge.

Through out his part of the conversasion, I did nothing but smile wormly back at him, even when he took a step closer and spoke into my face about the Choir awaiting him in heaven. Only a Urielite would believe in only him self. Before he left, I couldn't help but comment, "So, they're only waiting for you, and none of us? What about the rest of us in your team, Fellow Brother?" My face continued to stay calm as I smiled at the back of his head.

I turned and looked apon our healer. I bowed to her, placing my right hand on my chest and lowered my choulders a bit. "My aologizes, Fellowship Sister, for my rudeness of not preseanting my self with proper edicit. Yes, my name is Sheogariel, but you may call me Sheo. It is an honor to make your aquatence."

Akiel watched with great amusement at the exchange between Sheogariel and Demoloth. This Fellowship was already proving to be most interesting...

She laughed at Demoloth's wink, turning her attention to Sheogariel, her smile once again softening. "It's quite alright, Brother! I am Akiel. It's a pleasure to meet you, Sheo." Her smile widened. "'Sheo', that is a wonderful nickname! Yes, I think I will call you Sheo from now on, if it is indeed alright with you!"

Her eyes moved to the direction the Urielite had exited. "Perhaps we should follow... I have not yet met our leader myself." Her warm smile somehow seemed able to convince anyone of anything.

"Of course, perhaps that's the best thing to do. It will be a great team building exsperience if we all join our leader and converse with one another." She gave me a perfict idea. Instead of walking around meeting the Engel's of our group indavidualy, why can't we just meet and talk to one another at the table where I last saw teil, our leader? I gave the fledgling instrucsions of where our leader was and left her to do as she wished. Now, I'm on a mission to gather the rest of the team and hold a meeting, so to speek.

Ironicly, each of us were pritty much split into two's, so finding them won't be that much of an issue. I re-entered the ballroom only to leave it once again to join Nurna and... the Gabielite. I smiled wormly at Nurna, it's allways nice to see a familiar face. It would seem tha she was enjoying her self, admiaring the owl of the Gabielite. What a wise creature, how has it come to trust this brute?

I stood before them, silent as they were but not so silent to Nurna. I spoke to her telepathicly, a trait she had given me from practice. I still get headachs when talking to her because I am not use to such a powerful signal that she sends me. I told her with out my lips moving, "Enjoying your self, Sister? I hope I am not inturupting anything." I stood there silently, smiling wormly twards the two, but the smile was namely for Nurna. My hands were clasped together infront of my weighst.

"Amen.." Tiel finished her graceful prayer.

Upon haring a new voice she slowly turned a stood to face him. "Demoloth. It's nice to have a moment with you. My name is Tiel, as I'm sure you already knew. Also, there's no need to be so formal" she spoke with a gentle smile. "We're all brothers and sisters here." Tiel paused while glancing at his outreached hand. Instead of accepting it she would grace Demoloth with a hug. A tight, warm hug.

It was sort've an awkward scene seeing as they're was such a height difference in the two. She waited for her cheeks to lose their reddened color before letting go. "I-I hope we become close friends.." She said with another cheery smile.

When the lovely Engel of the golden order rejected his hand, he was a bit surprised but hid it well enough. When Tiel embraced Demoloth, however, the constant amusement he normally wore slipped into an expression of surprise over her shoulder. Well. That was certainly unexpected.

Recovering himself, Demoloth's rakish grin was back upon his face by the time Tiel released him. Gently, he took up one of her delicate hands in his larger, rougher one. His green eyes smouldered as they stared right back into Tiel's, raising her hand to his lips as she stuttered her hope of friendship; he spoke against her knuckles in reply, "Yes, I hope we can become very close."

Releasing her hand slowly, running a thumb over her knuckles before letting go, Demoloth smiled widely. "I look forward to seeing you in action, Tiel. If you lead as elegantly as you look, we shall make names for ourselves across Europa."

Demoloth stepped back to resume his casual lean against the column he had occupied a moment ago, wry smile quirking the corners of his mouth upwards. "So a golden child of Roma Aeturna. You must be very proud to be able to show off your grand himmel. It's much more... sparkly... than my home in Mont Savage." He gestured to the opulent hall, "It's a pity you should have to leave this place that so befits you."

Sharp Urielite ears made out the sound of petite bare feet through the din of conversation around he and Tiel. The little Raphaelite hadn't been wearing shoes, if he recalled. Very interesting. His grin widened, if that were at all possible. Two pretty females were always better to preen for than just one.

She was caught by surprise as someone sent their thoughts to her, but breathed a sigh of relief seeing that it was SheoGariel. She turned around as to face him, smiling slightly. No, not at all. Don't you think this owl has the look of a very intelligent being? she signaled back, her eyes playfully smiling at him. It was rare to see her using this useful ability. Her features had softened a little more, she seeming to be more relaxed.

The days from now are going to be hard. Are you sure you can handle it? she half teased, half worried. Trouble seemed to follow him wherever he went. One could never be too careful.

Serefaal watched Nurnadael the owl perched onto her, cooing with contentment. It hopped on her arm and up to her shoulder, digging its beak into her hair. He did nothing but watch silently from under the hood of his robe. Her eyes glittered a bit, as if she was trying express something. Serefaal simply nodded back. Not once did a word leave his lips, and yet he was able to express what some had trouble saying. Nurnadeal stretched her wings, ripping the fabric of her dress. This startled the owl, making it jump and glide back to Serefaal. At first it hid its head under its wing, but then slowly eased out and leaned to her again.

Serefaal noticed another Engel, Sheogariel. He had walked near them, perhaps observing them. He turned towards Nurnadael though he did not speak. Serefaal guessed that they were somehow communicating with each other and stepped back a little, giving them more speaking air. The owl turned its wide head toward him before cocking it. Who is this stranger? It seemed to say. It then flew off, feathers softly falling down from its flight.

Another hoot came, though this one was more loud and powerful. A blur of white flew above the heads before landing on a statue near Serefaal. The bright snowy owl was Taelin, Serefaal's most trusted and close owl companion. Serefaal held out his arm again and Taelin hopped down to it, preening her feathers. She then looked up at her Engel friend with sharp blue eyes.

Taelin, where have you been? Serefaal silently asked the bird. Taelin simply ruffled her feathers.

Given a second look, perhaps I could grow to like the Gabrielite. If he remained silent as he was and polight in takeing a step away while I and my sister spoke to one another, it would make me respect him more. I nodded, agreeing to her question and then looked apon the man with the owl. At first, I didn't wish to say a thing, but I ended up telling him, "Well met, Gabrielite." bowing my head respecably.

"Nurna, Serefaal. I request your pressence at the side of our leader, Teil, for a moment of your time." Waving my hand outward twards the door back to the ball room so we could rejoin the group. I was the first back into the ball room, I wish I hadn't been. Just from the sight of Teil huging that immature basterd!... parden my languadge. I tightned my fist and swallowed my anger, I didn't want Nurna so sence that I was up set because like me, she could. Instead, I calmed my self and lead them to the table where Teil and that... Urielite... stood.

"Well met, Sister,... Brother." I glaired at Demo but still kept my calm face. In the back of my head, I was ready to bombard his mind with an attack that I like to call, Imagery Burrage. It's where i think of multipal iteams at once, store them for a long period of time, breack through the firewall of one's brain, and send the cluster of images directly into their nurves that procive sight. I've tested it before and if the images are pressent for a long enough period of time, it could render the victum brain dead. I did it once before on a stray bird that pertched on my window, lets just say it was dead before it hit the ground, mostly.

"It would seem that you two have become well aquanted, haven't you?" I smiled at the two of them and mosioned my hand over to the other two behind me, "However, I don't believe you had the honor of meeting these two, now have you? This is Nurnadael, my fellow Ramiel Sister, and her aquatence Serefaal from the order of Gabriel."

While her hand was released, it was as if a jolt of her own lightning struck her in the chest, for she. shruddered embarrassingly. Tiel's only hope was that the male in front of her couldn't feel or see he body quiver aswell.

Slowly she regained her composure after a few seconds of blank stare. "Heh, I'm sure we can make a name for ourselves in due time." Tiel gave a small nod when her flashy homerage was mentioned. "While it's true that a hall such as this is beautiful and maybe even fitting.. I'd much rather one such as yours. Fom what Ive heard yours is much more comforable, and maybe even.. cozy? This place can get kin of dull and uptight sometimes" She muttered admittedly. Also I have no quarrels about leaving this place. I've actually wanted to leave and explore other places for quite awhile, though I'm nervous to do so." Tiel gave another warm smile.

"What about you Demo?" She spoke without even noticing she had just nicknamed him.

' Itwould seem that you two have become well aquainted, haven't you?' Tiel shot around to let her scarlet eyes fall upon Sheo. She was silent for a moment and let him finish speaking. Yeil didn't quite know how to respond to his first question so she stuck to answering the introduction parts. "Nurnadael... Serefaal. I'm pleased to meet the both of you. Would you all like to take a seat and talk amongst yourselves? Right now there's. Only Akiel missing, but I'm sure she'll be ony a moment." Tiel pulled up a seat to the table and sat abit nervously.

"B-By the way.. Thank you for gathering the others Sheo, I appreciate it."

As if on cue, Akiel suddenly appeared, looking a bit lost. She almost passed up the group, but froze in her tracks as she spotted them, smiling sheepishly. "Ah, there you all are... I'm sorry I'm late." She walked up to Tiel, offering an inviting smile as she took Tiel's hands in hers. "It's a pleasure to formally meet you, dear Sister!" Her expression and tone seemed very genuine. She relinquished her grasp of Tiel's hands and claimed a seat next to Demoloth, swinging her legs a bit. "What did I miss?"

Notice it he did, and his smile grew all the wider. Tiel's manner was most intriguing; something for later, perhaps. Demoloth was set to reply to the lovely Engel's question when Sheogariel arrived with another Ramielite and the Gabrielite in tow. He answered the terse question without removing his eyes from Tiel, offering up a charming grin and a wink as he spoke, "Oh yes. I apologized for my rudeness earlier since you seemed so put off by it, brother. I think as we grow closer as a fellowship we'll get to know each other very well."

Finally able to see the second Ramielitin and the Grabrilite in better light, Demoloth cocked an eyebrow in an expression of mild confusion. She looked remarkably similar to the oh-so-fun Sheogariel. He hoped they didn't share a temperament as well; this fellowship would get quite tedious of that were the case. But she seemed rather gentle and quiet enough. He extended a hand to her politely, "Nurnadael. Interesting name, and lovely as well. I am curious as to why we have been given two of the Ramielite order, but perhaps our Lord cannot bear to separate a matched set." He smiled gently- sincerely?- at Nurnadael. "I am Demoloth of the Urielitin, if you have need of anything you must only speak it and I am at your call."

Turning from her, Demoloth fixed his gaze upon Serefaal. He was somewhat intimidating, just those eyes glittering mysteriously in the dark of his hood. Truly fitting one of the Engel of judgement and death. He grinned and extended a hand to this fine example of his order's ideal whom he felt was on par with himself. "A pleasure to meet you, brother. I look forward to working with a member of the Gabrielite order such as yourself. A few of your brethren have come to Mont Savage on occasion; I admire them greatly."

Glancing at dear little Akiel from the corner of his eye, he flashed her a playful grin. Extending his hands and letting his eyes fall on one face after another, finally coming to a rest at Tiel. "Here we are, sister. Your fellowship. Any words of advice before we must turn in for the night, to fly off to..." He paused, inclining his head toward her. "Where are we going in the morning?"

"I beg for your parden, Demo is it, now?" I couldn't help but chuckle alittle. It would seem that I wasn't the only one Teil has given a pet name for. "But my Order Sister has been rendered mute, she can not speek like we are now. I beliebe that you did not mean disrespect, right?" I tilted my head as I asked him this, making it obvious that he had said something wrong.

"Reguardless... The reason why she has joined our Fellowship is because of me. You see, I am her brother, and I do not mean Order siblings either. Yes, the rumers are true." I looked apon Nurna with happyness as I placed my hand on her head, tossling her dark green hair. I closed my eyes and connected to her mentaly once again and told her, "My apologizes, sister... I didn't mean to seem so rude."

Sprawling languidly in his chair, grin firmly in place as Sheogariel spoke, "Dem is fine, brother. It seemed a little complex for you earlier anyway." His grin slipped away when Sheogariel called attention to his gaffe. Joking aside, something like this was somewhat painful for the Urielite to comprehend. Demoloth slipped from his chair to kneel before the female Ramielite, honest concern on his face as looked up at her.

"Forgive me, sister. I did not know and my words were unintentionally hurtful." He seemed to think of something for a moment, frowning before looking up once more. "The Urielitin train in stealth, but we need to be able to communicate silently somehow since we lack the powers of your order." Raising his hands, he signed somewhat clumsily: "You can still. Talk. Me." He raised his eyebrows, as if to ask if she understood. She very well may not; he didn't know of these signals were shared among the other orders.

Grin back on his face, Demoloth flopped back into his chair. The news of their twin-hood wasn't quite so shocking; it was rather obvious. "Hm. God really does work in mysterious ways." He murmured.

She smiled slightly down at him, in nothing more than common courtesy. It was more like an expression plastered on her face. Nothing is wrong nor will it ever be, she projected that thought into SheoGabriel's mind. Already the accused noise had come back to haunt her. Her ears rang in discomfort. When is it time to leave again? She asked Sheo silently, hoping the night would end sooner.

She gazed at Demo, or so he was called, hoping it did not seem impolite, and gingerly sat down beside him. The sun had already gone down, moonlight beginning to shine and ever so softly, giving a feel of comfort. She wanted no more to do with these pleasantries. In no more than a few minutes, she had already probed deep into her thoughts, seeking that solitude only it could provide.

Tiel gave a nod to Akiel. "A pleasure to meet you aswell, Akiel.. Oh um, nothing yet has been discussed. We're merely familiarizing ourselves with each other" She said with a smile.

She almost choked mid-breath when Sheo mentioned her fondness of giving nicknames.

Tiel watched as the two males socialized. Nunadael seemed to communicate with her brother aswell. A small giggle escaped her lips as she watched the two converse. They we're definetly an odd pair, complete opposites actually. Tiel only hoped that ne day they could carry on a conversation without sarcasm and maybe grow to like each other. She would waitfor the three two finish their amusing conversation before replying to them individually.

Tiel then laid eyes on the Gabrielite, Serefaal the one with almost as few words as Nurnadael. She offered him one of her famous bright smiles. It wasn't as though she would be able to note his responce under that large hood, she just wanted him to feel comfortable with the rest of the group.

Status
Not open for further replies.