Endless Nights

• Thread starter ᴋɪᴛsᴜɴᴀᴇ
  • Start date
Blythe Reynolds , #00ccff

It was late, the sun falling low in the sky, hiding behind the tops of the trees that Blythe could barely see outside of her window. The colors that were thrown across the sky were beautiful- she could pick out individual red and oranges and blues, the slight purple where colors bled together and ran like paint on a canvas, where the stars were beginning to shimmer and sparkle through the blanket that was the night. It was her favorite part of the night, every day, of every week.

She sat silently on her bed, a small paperback book in her hand, as she watched the sun lower from the sky, a silent moment she had to herself. And then, gingerly putting the book down on the bedspread and rising to her feet, she left the room without a word.

Outside, there was more color. Deep blues and indigo, shadows across wavering light and dust strobes through the air. The trees had become dark green and orange in color, their roots appearing ghostlike and scary in the dark. But she wasn't afraid of the growing dark. It was more like home to her than anything, a welcome in place of the bright day. Her eyes were so used to nothing that the sudden everything was even more blinding than blindness was. She wasn't sure if she liked it or not.

Approaching her favorite spot, she took a deep breath, and settled against the trunk of the big oak tree. The familiarity of the spot was comforting. She felt at peace, a strong soothing peace that went through her entire self. It wasn't something she had felt for a long time after the accident. Now, she relished every peaceful moment as if she could die at any moment. She supposed she could, and that was her general reasoning behind her actions. She knew how fragile life was, and was strongly reluctant to give it up again.

Once she was a wolf, she shook out her dark fur, and sat back, head tilted up to stare at the sky with her new, blessed eyes.

(So sorry for my absence. I've been busy with work and nanowrimo.)

Zephyr, purple
Zephyr smiled at his alpha, nodding his massive head in agreement. "The stars offer us hope in darkness. I often find myself wishing to be among them but thoughts of the pack draw me back. I care much too fondly for all of those who seek sanctuary here to desert them now." Zephyr gazed out over the pack, "Our numbers grow more each night it seems. You'd think they would have recalled such a drug..." Zephyr shook his head and scoffed, "Then again, no human would dare turn down the opportunity to make easy money. And what's easier than a miracle cure with seemingly no faults?"

Zephyr laughed quietly, "Seems I've begun to ramble now." He grinned back at his alpha before cocking his ears forward, listening to the sounds of the forest. His hearing was exceptionally sharp, even among the others. He heard the faint sound of voices off in the distance. One voice didn't seem familiar. Zephyr bowed his head to Xavier, "I'm going to do a perimeter run and double check that there are no hunters on our trail. Then perhaps I can rest easy." Zephyr smiled and began running towards the trees, his long strides carrying him into the shadows.
It wasn't long before Zephyr was at the very edge of the pack's territory. He ran along the tree line, keeping himself hidden in the shadows. About a quarter of the way around the perimeter, he began to smell two wolves he recognized. He inhaled deeply, cataloging what he knew. Amy. Eden. Another deep breath brought Zephyr to a halt. Man. The wolf growled deep in his chest. Was it a hunter? Were they hurt? Zephyr began to run hard in the direction of their scents. He listened closely, needing to know that they were okay. He was moving too quickly to be cautious, Amy and Eden would surely know that one of their own was coming. He crashed through the trees, waiting for a signal from the females. None came in the time it took him to cover the distance. He could see them now, Amy was laying down; Eden was standing back in the trees; the man had his hands on her, Zephyr was confused. Friend or foe? He couldn't decide and so he assumed the worst. He came to a halt, just out of sight as he watched, unsure of what he was seeing. He was ready to strike if the man did anything at all to hurt the two females.

(Holy cow that was a lot for me... @Bitterblue Let me know if this is a bit too much. I can take out that last paragraph. I just wanted to see how this idea would go over. This site hates long posts btw... e.e)

Last edited by a moderator:
Eden, violet
As Rory embraced the body of the beast, Eden's heart skipped the beat and she leaned a bit more from behind the pine where she was standing. Even though Amy felt more than comfortable in human's hug, for Eden, it took time to relax enough to accept the scene, developing in front of her. Her motherly instincts and memories of betrayal made her shiver and her hairs standing firmly up, while she processed all the things that just happened. Even so, she made herself calm down, once Amy barked an invitation to her and human waved in a friendly manner. She hesitated, but the fact that they were in the open, away from protection of the pack, made her more uneasy than the actual contact with the 'non-hunter'. it has been a while. "Well, here goes..." she mumbled to herself as she stepped out from behind he dark tree.

As soon as she stepped forward, she stopped in her track. Her sensitive ears were trembling, alerting her, before her nose caught a scent. She turned around towards the direction where she heard the quiet rambling of branches and she then allowed herself to relax, noticing familiar muzzle. She sighed and nodded towards Zephyr that seemed more than uptight. Reasonably. They all would be. At that point, there were no second thoughts. She would either step out and face the newcomer, or she would raise more suspicion about him if Zephyr would notice that something isn't right. And she understood that, from what he had seen, things seemed like everything but normal. She nodded lightly towards Zephyr, silently approving, and once more turned towards the strange couple on the clearing. She stepped out of the shadows and out in the open, approaching slowly, now completely calm. Her body was gracefully straight and she looked fierce, but not threatening.

Eden was aware that all that was way too much and too new for human to be completely comfortable about it. That was what made her relax and quicken her pace as she came closer. She passed beside Amy and stood face to face with human that seemed so fragile that even if she would pat his head with her paw, she though, she might seriously hurt him. Instead, she spent a few moments studying him. It has been a while since she saw a non-threatening human and stood so close. So long, that she almost forgot how it felt and how to be one. Her purple eyes were locked on his face for a bit more, before she bowed her head and sniffed his somewhat torn and worn clothes. He didn't seem like a man that was too poor or too ignorant about his looks. He merely worn clothes that spent few days to many in the woods. Searching. Different smells pinched her nose. From the faint smell of city's delights, through the smell of pines and dew stacked on the layers, to the the strong scent of Amy's, mixed with the thrill.

Eden huffed lightly, raising her head back up. Hesitating for a moment, she finally went from completely serious to warm smirk, just before her mouth opened, and her tongue slipped between her canines, licking the entire right side of Rory's face, giving him a warm welcome that she hoped she would be able to give. After all, she was now only worried about the pack's thoughts of the newcomer. But she knew that, no matter what, she would take Amy's side this time. Once she ran after her,she had already taken full responsibility for her child. She had accepted the human. Going through all that struggle to reach the one he cared about was more than enough proof that there was more to him than could be seen. She sat down and smiled gently to Amy. "He really is something else, isn't he?" With that, Eden let out small, relaxed chuckle.

Reactions: Rainjay
((Have no clue what code to use to do the box thing so))

Tate:

Sitting on his bed, in a pair of baggy sweat pants and and worn out Pink Floyd shirt, Tate packed his cigarettes. Ad he opens the pack to take one out he reaches for his stereo remote. Laying back in bed, flicking open a Zippo, he lit his stoke. Taking the first drag and turning the stereo on switching through the CDs in it until the new Pop Goes CD starts playing.

After listing to a few tracks Tate swung out of bed and walked to his pile of clean clothes. He found a pair of black jeans that went with the shirt, so he changed into them and grabbed his hoodie. Turning his stereo off and lighting another cigarette, he walked out.

@Leucothea

Farrah flicked an ear as one of her packmates, April licked her forehead. "Lovely weather today, Don't you think, Farrah?" Farrah nodded in acknowledgment at April's words, barely showing any emotion except a small upturn of her lips, not indicating much. It's a nice night, even if it is so early in the morning... April was someone the ginger wolf hadn't conversed with very much ever since they crossed paths for the first time within the pack, so Farrah was still a quiet one around her. Farrah's honey-colored eyes landed on Connor who had abruptly stood up and said hello before claiming he had to use the restroom in an informal way. Farrah's ears flicked down a little. "That was quick," she noted under her breath, pawing at the ground in an attempt to keep herself occupied with everything around her.

Amy and Rory, red
[dash=orange] Amy tended as she heard the branches and leaves crunching. She noticed Zephyr's form hiding just behind the cover of the trees. Meeting his eyes, Amy nodded slightly. She saw the alertness in his eyes, and shook her head. She worried he would run back and tell the Alpha. But he just stood therr observingg.

Her thoughts were interrupted by Eden's emerging from the forest. Rory stared, slightly scared by the fierce looking wolf that was slowly making its way to them. He shivered and tihtened his grip on Amy. Amy nudged him, tryingto reassure him. "Eden, this is Rory." She said as the she wolf walked up. Rory stiffened very slightly as the white wolf examined him. He noticed a gleam in his wife's eyes as if she knew what was going on. At the sudden movement by the wolf and the wet tongue sliding on his face, his face scrunched andlet out a laugh. He patted Amy's friend on the head, trying to adjust to the fact that there were many wolves like that here. Amy looked at him. He may not be coping well, the look on his face told her that he was struggling with something.

"He really is something, isn't he?" Eden's question brought a laugh from her throat. The sound sounding really weird in a wolf husky "voice" "He has his moments. You know how you meet someone and they're so gorgeous, but then you get to know them and they turn out to be a jerk of a person. And then you meet someone and you're like 'they're okay.' But when you get to know them, their face sort of becomes them, and they turn into something beautiful. Well, Rory is the most beautiful man I've ever met." Resting her massive head on Rory's shoulder, she relished in his presence.

Suddenly, she remembered that Zephyr was watching in the shadows. Standing, she got between Zephyr and her husband. A slight growl escaped her throat.

Rory winced at the sound of Amy's laugh. All he heard from their conversation was whining and grunts coming from the two. He looked at them. They were obviously close. When Amy tended andstood up placing herself between the forest and him he frowned. At the low growl emerging from her throat his eyebrow rose. "Amy, what's going on?" Amy turned her head and her glare made him hold his tongue.

"Zephyr, you can come out, I assure you Rory is not a threat." She said, fully ready to strike if Zephyr made a move to hurt Rory.[/dash]

Zephyr, purple
Zephyr's orange eyes burned in the faint moonlight. Both females seemed to feel that this man was safe. And perhaps it seemed so. But Zephyr knew man well enough from his own past. They were deceptive and cruel and fueled by greed. Dangerous. Zephyr lingered in the shadows, comfortable in the knowledge that while the two females knew he was there, the human's eyes were nowhere near powerful enough to detect his bulky form in the trees, save for perhaps his eyes. He contemplated, watching as Eden slowly approached the human and gave him a lick.

Zephyr took this into account, Eden had been a wolf almost as long as he had, and she was no fool. But Eden's heart did tend to get her into trouble on occasion. His ears swiveled forward as Amy called to him, standing protectively in front of the man. Zephyr understood the fundamentality of it. This was love, as raw and powerful as it came. Zephyr slowly nodded his massive head, his gaze never wavering from the trio.

Zephyr lifted his head, making his already impressive height more imposing as he moved into the light. He came to a stop a few feet away from the human, distrust and apathy in his gleaming eyes. "Why has he come here?" His voice rumbled out in a deep timbre. "Hunters hire men like him to find us, Amy. This is dangerous. He must leave." Zephyr stepped a little closer, his burning gaze boring into Rory's own. Zephyr looked to the two females, "And what are you two doing this close to the perimeter? Are you trying to give the hunters our position? You need to be with the pack." Zephyr's gazed passed between the three of them, his mouth pressed into a serious frown.

Amy and Rory, red
[Dash=orange]
Amy stood tense as Zephyr approached. Fully noting how he was trying to look terrifying, she looked back at her husband. It was working. Rory, although keeping his face neutral, was as rigid as a bone. She walked once again between him and Zephyr. Her upper lip slightly up, snarling slightly. She knew he was doing his job, which was also her job, but she didn't like the way he looked at her husband.

"Why has he come here? Hunters hire men like him to find us, Amy. This is dangerous. He must leave." She growled lightly. She walked up nose to nose to Zephyr, gazing into his deep orange eyes. Her green eyes boring into his, he would see her stubbornness, and her determination. "He was looking for me. I am his wife, after all. That's what husbands do, they are always there. He's not going anywhere." she snarled back, her accent thick on her lips.

"Amy?" Rory gazed at the giant wolf Amy was confronting, about 6 inches taller than her. He could tell he wasn't happy to see him. He was about to walk up to the giant wolf and try to assure him he was no threat when Amy blocked his way. He scooted to the side, nearer to thewhite wolf. He didn't want Amy to be hurt for his sake....yet he wouldn't leave her. He had only just found her. "Please, whoever you are. She's my wife, and I will not leave her." he said in his most authoritative voice he could manage. Unfortunately, fear made its way into his voice making it shake slightly. All he heard of the conversation between the two were animal noises. He assumed they were communicating.

"And what are you two doing this close to the perimeter? Are you trying to give the hunters our position? You need to be with the pack." Amy knew this question was coming. For she was worried about it herself. They were close to the border, but she had a need to find her husband before anyone else picked up on his scent. "I smelled him on patrol, I had to find him before anyone else did. Anyone else would have ripped him apart in seconds. I will do anything to prevent that. Zephyr, he's my husband. I assure you all he wants is to be near me. He's been worried sick for me." she said, her deep vibrating voice shaking with authority. She glanced at Eden, seeing her standing by Rory. She was glad she had at least one wolf on her side.
[/Dash]

Zephyr, purple
The massive wolf huffed, his breath misting in the cool night air. He knew that Amy's stubbornness matched his own and if it came to a battle of wills, they would be in for a long night. He kept his stern gaze on her for a while longer and then, seeing that she would not bow, he pulled back. He looked over her husband once more, more or less assessing the risk factor. "I will alert the alpha of this situation. I ask that Eden accompany me to bear witness." Zephyr was already thinking through the possible outcomes, giving an honest effort to make this go over smoothly. He did not want to cause his pack mates distress or heartache.
Zephyr_zps5dd1d380.jpg

Zephyr looked to Amy, "If the alpha allows this, it is likely that Rory will never be allowed to leave. Are you sure he can survive out here among wolves?" Zephyr's gaze was serious, his expression somber. "Think this over, Amy. If you love him, you will do what is best for him, even if that means saying goodbye." Zephyr looked to Eden, "Come, Eden. We must speak with the alpha." Zephyr turned his back on the trio, assuming that Eden would follow him.

• Love
Reactions: Ritual Lobotomy
Connor
43886354.jpg
Connor flicked his left ear as he listened from the safety of a few bushes, his blue eyes scanning the faces of each wolf. He wasn't sure how he ended up following Eden and Amy, he went out to mark the territory some more in case of hunters and he found the two females walking. Talking about a husband of sorts. Connor remembered the day he was out in the square, staring at a Princess cut chocolate diamond ring for his girlfriend of a few years. He wanted that relationship to last, having found 'the one'. Yet his girlfriend never got along with April and April was always the most important person in Connor's life. He had walked away from the window and that shining diamond promise of eternal hell. Connor never wanted to get married. He was still a child at heart and his girlfriend wanted a family, something Connor had little experience of.

Seeing Zephyr and Eden leave, Connor focused his eyes back on Rory and growled a bit. His mouth open and his nose filling with cool air. Why had the human traveled so far? No hunting rifles, he might not be a hunter at all. Guns could be hidden however, and Connor was not amused by the whole ordeal. They had worked too hard to find a place where they could live and continue to thrive in safety from hunters, now what Amy had brought them could be a hunter.

Connor shook himself to make himself known to them. His white fur shaking with every step he took, his blue eyes more curious than menacing. He wondered how his sister would take the news of a human. As he got closer he sat down in front of Rory, his nose reaching out to Rory's face as he gave the human a quick sniff. He didn't smell like a threat. "Not too bad, Amy. But you know, he will either have to stay with us or we kill him. He could put us all at risk and if we let him go the hunters will find him. Him being here as it is is too risky" He didn't want to be the bearer of bad news like everyone else. But it was true, they couldn't let him go, and they could kill him. Connor shook his head when the sharp smell of rust filled his nose. He stood up and sniffed Rory again, on his side and underneath his arm, digging his nose into the thick clothing. He smelt it again, this time sure it was Rory. His head snapped to Rory's again, unsure if the human could understand wolf, so he addressed Amy instead. "Amy, He's bleeding. Somewhere on his ribs. I can smell it"

April-

April shifted slightly, finding the whole thing a bit awkward. She sniffed the air wondering when her brother was going to get back. She felt bad for not talking to Farrah before this. April panted slightly, closing her mouth once she had smelt the air once again. "We should really hang out more often, what do you like to do?" she asked, trying to make some conversation.

• Love
Luke, red
Luke exhaled silently, the breath showing as mist against the cold night air. The coloring of his fur hid him well against the soft hues of the forest. As silent as grave he crept through the forest. Ever so cautious of where he stepped. A snap of a twig or the crunch of a dead leaf would spell discovery. He had strategically placed himself downwind of the herd, all that remained now was to close the gap between them. A soft breeze slapped him in the face sending a ripple through his spine. The cold of these woods felt almost unnatural, as if some unseen force on the wind was driving him back. Dedicated he pressed on, never allowing himself to falter. His brothers were not with him, instead each had their own assignment elsewhere. Luke was here for one reason, and that reason was to hunt. A pack had been expected to slum in these woods, and so Luke was here to investigate. Already he had caught wind of the pack either by sound or smell. Howls echoed on occasion across the forest, and not the howls of the everyday wolf. To the ignorant one could not distinguish the difference between a grey wolf and that of a werewolf, Luke however had heard difference a hundred times. It was no secret he was outnumbered, he could kill two... maybe three if he was lucky. For now though he decided it would be best if he remained hidden, at least till his brothers arrived. Luke had the blood of many on his hands, his brothers felt remorse for their actions; Luke however was equal parts piss and vinegar and did not care for the lives he had taken. Luke positioned himself on the edge of the forest behind a overturned oak. Ahead of him a small herd of elk grazed in the open field. Luke watched patiently waiting for the moment to single out one of the herd. Before long he saw his chance, a small bull elk had wondered off moving in his direction. The bull walked closer and closer and with each step Luke's heart began to beat faster and faster. The bull raised his head and turned it left and right as if it had heard something. In a flash the bull turned back towards the herd with haste. Luke pounced from behind the oak and darted off after his prey. Speed was his advantage and within moments he had closed the distance. He kicked up mud and dirt as he thundered his way through the herd and onto the back of his target. Luke lurched off his feet and slammed his jaws around the neck of the elk, just behind the skull. Careful not to impale himself he twisted his body and used his shoulders to pull the elk off it's feet and onto the ground. Both hunter and prey fell to the ground and rolled to a stop. Luke had not let go of his prey even as it kicked and mewed. Luke growled and with a single jerk broke the elk's neck and the thrashing ceased. He kept his jaw clinched tight even though the elk was dead. His breathing was heavy but the soothing warmth of blood that crept into his mouth began to slow his heart. It was unnatural but Luke only ate during the night and always a fresh kill. He would savor this elk to the last bite, leaving only the bowels and bones for the ravens. Every night Luke was becoming more and more feral, and eventually he would lose what humanity remained to him.

Amelia and Rory, red
[dash=orange]
Amy's fur bristled as Zephyr talked. She was hoping to be the one to alert the Alpha. But it was probably better this way, she was biased after all.
"If the alpha allows this, it is likely that Rory will never be allowed to leave. Are you sure he can survive out here among wolves?" Amy nodded, knowing that was the consequence of Rory's actions. Rory looked at Amy and Zephyr, wishing he could understand this conversation. "Think this over, Amy. If you love him, you will do what is best for him, even if that means saying goodbye." At this Amy let out a full blown growl. But when he turned his back, she ran and confronted him. "Don't. You Dare. Don't you dare lecture me on what is best for my husband. You don't think I tried to say goodbye? I left him. Cold and clear. I left him and didn't turn back. It was the hardest decision I ever made. So don't you even dare question my love for him. If you do, things may not end up very nicely between us. Understand?" she whirled and walked back to Rory, who looked terrified. Rory stared at his wife, knowing the other wolf had made her mad. But Amy looked past him and to the other wolf. "Eden, I was hoping to be the one to present Rory to Alpha. But Zephyr is right." she winced saying those words. Seeing as to how Zephyr knew nothing of her and Rory. "Just be sure to put a good word in, eh? We'll be right behind you." she rubbed up against her mentor, and turned to face her husband as the two wolves left, unsure as how to communicate the need for them to follow.
Her thoughts were interrupted by Connor stepping out. She tensed, but relaxed as soon as she met his eyes. He was more curious than angry. "I'm assuming you heard all that?" Connor just ignored her and started to sniff her husband. Rory stiffened as the scarred wolf looked him up and down. "Hello." he said in a nervous fashion.
"Not too bad, Amy. But you know, he will either have to stay with us or we kill him. He could put us all at risk and if we let him go the hunters will find him. Him being here as it is is too risky" Amy nodded her agreement. She would protect him, he would stay. A plan was already forming in her head. If they could get him sick....and the pill....Rory winced as the wolf nosed him hard in the chest. He had taken a rough fall earlier, and landed on his chest, hard.

"Amy, He's bleeding. Somewhere on his ribs. I can smell it" "What?" she went to him and stuck her nose under his shirt and yanked up. Rory obediently took his shirt off to reveal a large gash on his ribcage. "I fell...landed on a rock." Amy was kicking herself, she should have smelled it earlier. Turning to Connor she nosed him. "Connor, please. We need to get him to the sanctuary. Zephyr was right, we're too exposed out here. Please Connor, if he's a threat and betrays us, I'll kill him myself." she met the Beta's brother's eyes, and prayed he would listen.[/dash]

• Love
Eden, violet
As Zephyr approached, Eden assumed his reaction. He knew him well, ever since he appeared in their pack. He was an interesting young man with a good head on his shoulder. She sat calmly at Rory's side, and let the encounter take it's natural course. Some things were just better off left to be. The way he scold them for behaving the way they did made her smile rather than feeling insulted at all. Amy stood strong and brave behind her decision and Eden saw it as the best way to go. However, the thing that human did next, surprised her more than she expected. Rory, small and seemingly fragile man, stood up and pushed himself between the two wolves, protecting his wife. That strong of will she had never seen. That was when she realised. He might not be one of them, but somehow, he for sure belonged with them. He was the wolf of his own kind. "And what are you two doing this close to the perimeter? Are you trying to give the hunters our position? You need to be with the pack." Zephyr asked and Eden replied after Amy. "And I followed her. I couldn't just let her wonder on her own all excited and unaware like she was, could I?" It was more of a question she had already knew answer to.

Zephyr, thought for a moment, before he replied. "I will alert the alpha of this situation. I ask that Eden accompany me to bear witness." Eden's ears twitched at the sound of her name. It was to be expected and she calmly nodded. "Of course." Althought she was aware of Amy wanting to resolve all that her way, she worried that she might get it out of the hand which wouldn't be good for any of them. Especially her husband. She stood up and approached, ready to go.She kept silent through Amy's upset growling, letting her make her point the way she wanted and thought it was for the best. She merely nudged Rory with her cold nose, trying to tell him all is fine. Amy turned to her and she looked at her, caring. "Eden, I was hoping to be the one to present Rory to Alpha. But Zephyr is right. Just be sure to put a good word in, eh? We'll be right behind you." Eden chuckled and laid her giant paw gently over the top of Amy's head, taping it. "Have no worry. I won't fail you, princess."

"Come, Eden. We must speak with the alpha." Eden nodded and followed. Passing by Connor, she smirked and greeted. She stopped for the moment, saying her words in gentle low tone. "She is sensitive and fragile at this point. Please, don't make her more upset, my child. And stay safe." With that she nudged him in his side with her nose, just as she did to encourage the entire pack. She then followed calmly, catching up with Zephyr, now walking by his side. She kept silent for a while before speaking gently. "What are you going to say to him?"

Connor
43886354.jpg

Connor backed up when the man known as Rory took off his shirt, Connor would have frowned at how inbuilt the human was, very little muscle definition to make him a warrior. It would be better for his safety if he stayed in Omega status if he was allowed to stay. Connor doubted if anything would happen like that considering that Rory was all human, there was no possible way to do anything else for the man. Too bad Connor was nice, he couldn't deny Amy the right to be with the one she loved. She was lucky enough to still have her human life with her. Connor had lost it due to the change, he had lost the love of his life and his best friend, he was lucky his sister didn't fall into some bad things when she turned. Sometimes Connor wished he still had cancer, the pills never existed so he could suffer about with his lungs failing and be with his girlfriend.

He looked at Amy and breathed out deeply as to pose as a sigh since he couldn't make them as a wolf without sneezing. There was not much he could do but he couldn't let Amy suffer or have to do something she would regret. Connor sat back down and stared at Rory, as if he was studying the man. Giving him a soft lick on his bare skin as his own hello, noting how the human had said hello before and Connor ignored it. At least the man was polite. "I don't know what I can do. I can stay here and protect you guys when you meet the Alpha, but I have no power past this point. My sister and I have jobs during the day so we have methods of getting whatever you need if the Alpha decides to let him stay. We will try to help you best we can. I can take a day off work and go get your things from your old home if you need them or whatever." Connor spoke to Amy but kept his eyes on Rory. He was too nice.

Amiss his talking he was getting odd vibes, as if someone was watching them. Watching him. His head tilted and his eyes scanned the brush and trees for what he hoped was just a deer. But it smelt like another wolf, someone he once knew. Like an old friend. Connor laid his ears back and growled slightly, his eyes squinted in the brush. Two glowing amber eyes watched him from a distance. Those eyes looked familiar and it made Connor shiver in his skin. It was like they knew him, knew his soul. Connor blinked and they were gone, as if they were never there at all. Must have been a deer. Connor sucked in air and lifted his ears again. "We should get going back, staying here is making me nervous. You first."

Zephyr, purple
Zephyr blinked as he found himself nose to nose with Amy, her grim determination seething outwards in an almost tangible aura. His ears folded back as he balked slightly, watching as Amy turned back to her husband. Zephyr felt a tinge of regret, had he known the full extent of her past he would have never insulted her in that way. Zephyr huffed softly as he walked forward with Eden now at his side. He walked with his head low as he began to think. Processing every bit of information he had to find the best solution.

"What are you going to say to him?"

Zephyr stopped walking, his massive shoulders slumping downwards. He let out a long breath that fogged the air in front of him, his ears folding back against his head. He turned his gaze away from Eden, "I didn't think that far ahead. I know that speaking to the alpha is top priority but I don't know where to begin." He turned his orange eyes to the wolf swan beside him, "I want to protect the pack but I don't want to hurt Amy to do so. Going to the alpha with an unbiased assessment would seem to be the best solution but..." Zephyr's head dipped low as he shook it side to side, "How could I ever hope to explain this situation without earning her husband a death sentence?" Zephyr looked to the mentor, hoping perhaps she could share some of her advice with him.

(OOC:wolf swan is a thing now. It's in a book. I'm tired of saying female and don't wanna say b*tch haha ^^;)

• Love
Eden, violet
"I didn't think that far ahead. I know that speaking to the alpha is top priority but I don't know where to begin." Zephyr replied and Eden nodded wisely. "So I have assumed. Anything said wrongly could sound like ticking off." She let him proceed. "I want to protect the pack but I don't want to hurt Amy to do so. Going to the alpha with an unbiased assessment would seem to be the best solution but... How could I ever hope to explain this situation without earning her husband a death sentence?" She replied calmly as she stepped over the single flower on the ground, careful not to step on it. "I see your struggle. Choosing between being loyal to pack and risking to be hated for the rest of your life by one of pack's members might seem like a tough choice to be made indeed." She looked back at him and smiled. "But maybe, you don't really have to choose, Zephyr. I believe Amy is somewhat grateful about your reaction. Letting her confronting Xavier, might result with a disaster to an extend." Staring straight ahead into the forest, where their pack was, she clarified.

"She would become defensive, hurtful, subjective. I am sure she is aware of it herself. Amy is a smart girl, but her emotions do tend to get her on a different track from time to time. Therefore..." She lifted her paw, lifting Zephyr's head up and poking his shoulders, silently telling him that the submissive body language doesn't fit nor him in general, nor the entire situation. "You, on the other hand, are one of pack's best protectors, but you seem to neglect your feelings. I do not think that you tend to listen to your heart from time to time. If you do, you will know what to say, and how to balance the two. The creature without the mind and intellect might be considered a fool. But the real fool in my book is the one that doesn't consult it's heart to know what really is right." She chuckled. "You saw, what you saw. You can't erase, nor add things to it. You should tell Xavier exactly that. The truth. I will be there to tell my truth, the pack will decide." Eden sighed and stepped forward. "I just hope..." She paused, thinking of the way to order her words. "...I just hope that none of you forgot one important thing, Zephyr." She looked at him, over the shoulder, with her purple eyes that now radiated with will and passion. "I hope you all remember that we were once human ourselves." With that, she proceeded forward, not hesitating, towards the pack. She had her faith in pack, and her faith in their leader to come up with the right decision. In her heart and her mind, she had already made hers.

Last edited:
Amy and Rory, red
[dash=orange]
Rory startled slightly as Connor licked his skin. He felt uncomfortable under the scrutiny of his eyes. Yes, he wasn't bulked out like other men, but what he lacked in strength, he made up for in the mind. He was brilliant. And Amy brought out the best in that. He felt blood trickle down his chest, the act of taking his shirt off must have opened the scab that had started to form. He was also burning up, and it couldn't be that warm out here....
Amy nodded as Connor stated he would do his best. "My sister and I have jobs during the day so we have methods of getting whatever you need if the Alpha decides to let him stay. We will try to help you best we can. I can take a day off work and go get your things from your old home if you need them or whatever." She nodded, that would probably be best for Rory. She would wait until they all changed back to human form to ask him what he would need, since they couldn't communicate now. "Thank you, Connor. I mean it." She probably wouldn't be able to repay him for this act of kindness, but she would try. "We should get going back, staying here is making me nervous. You first." she nodded with a smirk.
Laying down, Amy gestured to Rory to get on her back. While it wasn't the most dignified way of travel, it was the quickest. She wanted to be there when Zephyr and Eden approached the Alpha. And by the looks and smell of it, Rory's wound had opened again. They needed to get him to safety, and soon. She gestured again at the look of confusion. on Rory's face. Rory finally understood, and hopped on, laying down and wrapping his arm around her neck. "This is new." he said with a chuckle in his voice. Amy huffed. She wouldn't live this down. Showing up with a human on her back? But it was necessary. "If we hurry, we can catch up to Zephyr and Eden before they reach the Sanctuary." she said to Connor before taking off at a slow jog, trying not to jostle Rory too much.
"So, the pack huh? Are they always this hostile?" he asked as they trotted along with the scarred white wolf next to them. The jostling hurt a little, but it wasn't anything he couldn't handle. "We can go faster, I'm fine. By the looks of it, the other one wasn't too happy. Probably going to go tell the alpha of the pack. Am I right?" Amy smiled wide. Rory was a smart one. She nodded, and picked up the pace. She saw the other two off in the distance. She barked, asking them to wait up. Blood was seeping onto her coat from Rory's wound. She growled softly, feeling the warmth of it. Instincts started to crawl to the surface, she hadn't had a fresh kill in a long time...she shook her head. This is Rory. Not some wild animal. What was she thinking?
Before long, the trio caught up to Zephyr and Eden. "Listen, Zephyr. I'm sorry for my outburst back there. Rory's hurt. Don't know how, he claims to have fallen but I don't believe him. I promise you, if he even attempts to betray us, I will not resist the outcome. I know it's our job to protect the pack, but it's also my job to think the best for my husband. I promised. I made a vow. For better or for worse. Until death do us part. I want to be there with you when you talk to the Alpha. And if Alpha prohibits him leaving....well so be it. If Alpha says he needs to die....I don't know." she should say so be it, but she would fight. She would fight till the very end, even if it meant her death.
Rory tensed as he saw the other wolves in the distance, and as Amy sped up to catch up with them. Gasping as his wound tore even more. He was coating Amy's beautiful coat with his blood, but she didn't show any signs of noting. He just clung to her, his hands around her neck and his legs gripping her sides. He looked at the scarred white wolf next to them, and then to Eden and Zephyr. "Who are you?" he asked, his voice full of wonder. He knew he would be surrounded by wolves, but that didn't stop the wonder. He knew they were going to talk to the Alpha, he knew that was where his fate would be decided. He knew there were those who wished them harm, the wonderful creatures that they are. He knew they would suspect him. If they allowed him to live...he probably wouldn't be allowed to leave. It was rather obvious, really. He had known the possibility even as he left the house. There were rumors of those who wished the werewolves harm. Who wanted to erase the mistake they'd made. Yet they wouldn't recall the drug? No, this must be a sort of experiment gone wrong.
He slipped to the ground, now that they were walking. Amy let out a huff, protesting that walking would make it worse. He silenced her with a glare. "Nurse, remember?" that made her smile slightly.He reached back for his pack, but it wasn't on his back. In all the excitement, he had left his pack back at the clearing. He winced. It was going to get cold tonight, and he didn't have any supplies to clean the cut.
He shrugged it off, thinking they could go back at a later time and get it. He walked up to the white wolf from earlier, the one who had tried to assure him during the confrontation."Thank you....for what you did earlier. For being there for Amy. I can tell she really cares about you, and looks up to you. Thank you for caring for her when I couldn't be there."he said awkwardly. He didn't know her name, so that made it harder too. Amy kept her eyes on her husband, watching as he went up to Eden and say some words she knew he would not want her to hear. She smiled, knowing Eden would be gentle and kind with him. She met her eyes briefly and smiled. She turned back to Zephyr, still awaiting his reaction.[/dash]

• Love
Zephyr, purple
Zephyr listened to the wolf swan's advice, nodding in agreement. While the medicine had granted him the ability to feel and comprehend emotions, he was still pretty raw with using them. He was most familiar with the stronger emotions, things like happiness, anger, and fear. It was the lesser emotions he had trouble with and, as Eden stated, he often left the musings of his heart unanswered. Cold logic was safe, it kept him out of trouble and the pack protected, but even so it had its faults. Zephyr straightened himself once again, giving the wolf swan a grateful smile, "Thank you, Eden."

His ears cocked forward when he heard Amy's bark. He turned back to see them running to catch up and in truth felt relieved. In a moment, Amy and Connor had caught up to them. He listened as Amy apologized and responded with an apology of his own, "I should not have insulted you, Amy. I do think that you should come to speak to the alpha with us. The more witnesses the better." Zephyr offered a smile and looked to the sky, "By the moon, the night is nearly over. I'd say we have about two hours before the sun rises and we return to our human forms." Zephyr paused, considering. "Do you think that it would be safer if we waited until daylight to speak to the alpha?" His brow furrowed, "At least, he couldn't attack before we got a word in, not that Xavier would do something so brash..." Zephyr continued to think silently as he waited for someone else to input their thoughts.

• Love
@Leucothea

Farrah shrugged her shoulders in response to April's question. "Nothing really," she replied bluntly, her eyes gazing out in front of her. The others had been gone for a while, she felt a little less protected. Her shoulders tensed at the atmosphere around her, the smell of blood in the air- one that was not her pack members'. She frowned. "Where is everyone?"

Amelia and Rory, red
Amy nodded at Zephyrs apology, letting him know she accepted. She looked up at the moon, when Zephyr noted the time. She raise a furry eyebrow, it didn't seem as if much time had passed. But talking to the Alpha in human form would probably be for the best, since Rory would be able to communicate with them all then. "Good idea, Zephyr. I don't believe Xavier would attack, even in wolf form, since Rory is with four wolves at the moment. But talking to him as humans would be better, since Rory would be able to communicate." Her eyes wandered back to her husband, still hanging near Eden.
Rory glanced back, and met Amy's eyes. He smiled widely. He gave Eden a quick pat, and made his way back to his wife, being careful not to jerk his wound. He wouldn't be able to treat it now, since they had left the pack. "I left my pack back there...I don't have any medical supplies with me." he said to his wife, wondering if it would be an issue. Amy immediately stopped. His pack, if anyone found it they would be immediately drawn to the right conclusion. "Dang it. Zephyr, his pack is back at the clearing. If the humans find it....they'll know we're close. We're waiting until we shift anyway, do we want to send someone back for it?"