Endless [Intchk]

M

Moonstone

Original poster
Gods can be kind, who utter blessings through the halls of opulent temples. Gods can be righteous, who lend strength to warriors who channel their vigor through battle. Gods can be spiteful, who have cursed greedy kings and have cast shame upon those who have spat at their feet. Gods can be fickle, who have changed their allegiance based on the worship and praise they receive. Gods can be egotistical, who will their followers to utter their name from now until the end of time. Who request service from their followers even unto death. While the Gods have blessed. Gifted. Granted. Bestowed. The Gods have forsaken. Cursed. Bound. Shamed. Ridiculed. They have left those who have dedicated a life of religious solitude to rot and corrupt. They have left a town of people to consider if they have fallen. They have left those who doubted to cheer in pestilent ridden streets that the Gods never existed, a figment of imagination. The so called magics of the world, all explained away with a man's logic and reason. And the accounts of Gods who have spoken, who have come to the aid of warriors in battle, all merely delirium. Yet, their science cannot explain why the world is rotting away and why no one can die.

Well that's a lot of flowery prose. But what does any of that actually mean? Welcome to Endless. A Dark Fantasy RP inspired by the likes of Bloodborne, Dark Souls, and Blasphemous [the new sweet Switch game coming out] In this world, you come from a village known as Hag's Watch. Those from this village cannot die. And yet, the people grow sicker and the land bleeker. You the "Hero" of this story and a few others band together in order to find a cure to your immortality. A classic fantasy adventure RP, with death mechanics similar to being Hollow. You Can "Die" in this game, but not quite the way other RPs work where your character is off'd and then you go to make a replacement or completely vanish from the RP.

Death Mechanics - your characters can "die" in this RP. But you come back from death since no one actually can die. Instead whenever you die you lose something. An ability, a memory. You can acquire these things back through arcs in the game.
*No knowledge of any games mentioned needed, this is our own world

Interested!

• According to Plan
Reactions: Moonstone
Well I am glad you're in. Get in the RP Basket. Like, little easter egg of wonderfulness.

Reactions: Kurogane86
This looks cool. Tell me more. What kinds of characters are you looking for?

• Useful
Reactions: Moonstone
This looks cool. Tell me more. What kinds of characters are you looking for?

It's like taking your classical hero adventure and flipping it on its head. instead of saving the world from some great evil, you are on a quest to bring back death to the world. So, for me, any classical hero you can think of in your stereotypical fantasy, will work. We will have classes of course, and you can be as creative as you want. All the characters come from the same blighted village and sort of band together, not really knowing where to go. I like this idea that it's setup initially as your surface fantasy and breaking that mold in the RP itself.

Reactions: Rouge Rogue