Mother of Magic. She created nature,
and with it a race of immortals.
The first of many sentient beings.

The Note Worthy..

To his discontent, Daea helplessly
watched as his siblings encroached
upon his domain. So then he to created.
His demons were set upon the land of
existence. Staining it with Sin and War.

The Hexborne...

And so it was that the ancient rivalry
was created. Immortal and Mortal,
forever they would be destined to
clash...~
Welcome players to the world of EH (Endless Horizons)!

I, Anri

would like to formally introduce you to our fantastic RP!

This is Altai, a land that is, for the most part, unexplored.

BUT

before we get to far into that, why don't we have a quick history lesson?

~Daeia, God of Oblivion, ruled over the endless abyss that was reality and staring deep within the blackest of pits he found content. Eons passed before his brother Raelohn, God of Consciousness, awoke feeling empty and with a thought let forth the river of time which slowly trickled into a great stream and from that stream came Creation. Understanding that Creation and Nothingness could not coincide, he created a mighty Palace between the planes separating them forever with a perpetual inferno.

For a time, Raelohn pondered at existence finding only displeasure as it was incomplete, yet as time marched on nothing ever came of it but frustration.

It was then that Alaeirah, sister to Daeia and Raelohn as well as the Mother of Magic and Life, awoke molding the foundation set by her brother giving Creation form in her own image. Finally, Raelohn could look upon existence finding content that was only known by his brother at the time and soon returned to his eternal slumber.

Daeia became infuriated by his siblings meddling as he looked upon existence with utter disgust as the stately march of time continued to bastardize his precious abyss until he no longer recognized it. It was in that moment he swore to cast Raelohn's work into the void reclaiming the Nothingness he once enjoyed. To carry out this plan he created Five Demons known as the Mortals, unleashing them upon Creation to erase all that Alaeirah cared so deeply for.

However, Daeia did not for see Alaeirah accepting the Demons so readily with her endless love, thus connecting them eternally to the wellspring of Magic. They rejected their former Master's orders, joining Alaeirah in Harmony and Peace, and in that moment The World was at peace and Demons and immortals lived together as equals.

But it was not meant to be...

A millenium passed, and, after what can only be described as a Genocide, the Note Worthy were all but erased from existence. Chaos took hold, and for a long time it looked to be that no man would see peace, that war and hatred was the destiny the mortals had been given.

But as all things do, even this time of conflict ended, peace returned to the mortal realms, and the Note Worthy faded into a simple legend...

The continent known as Altai is primarily ruled over by the five mortal races created by Daea long ago. Each race has, over time, constructed themselves seemingly impenetrable fortress Cities and named them their capitol's.

Lucresians: A strange race of half human half beast, known as beast kin by some. In certain areas this is considered a derogatory title. Their origins are unknown, but it is suspected that they were not one of the original Five Mortal races.

Their homeland is covered in hillsides and quiet knolls, with most Lucresians preferring a farming style of living. For this reason, the Lucresians have no real Cities outside of the main capitol, preferring to live in isolated houses surrounded in farmland or lush fields either alone, or with close family.

The only true large meeting Lucresians have is during the Festival of Gathering held at every full moon. Lucresians hold a large potluck for this event and it is often accompanied by a night of revels and excess.

The main Capitol of the Lucresian race is known as Lucris, the Beastial Citadel (see map)

Average lifespan: 90- 120 years

The Humans: This race is the most corrupted and warlike of the five, and have been known to instigate many of the wars in the past 300 years. These are humans in the regular sense, they are found throughout all of the land, but are most common in and around their main capitol of Anmel, Palace of Kings. It is at this place that the human leaders conduct most of their diplomacy.

Average lifespan: 60 - 80 years

Keeton (kitsune): An illusive race of fox like humanoids, separate from the Lucresians. They are the most peaceful and curious of the five races, yet have been known to be the most honorable. This characteristic has led them to many unneeded wars.

For the most part keetons exist withing Nomadic tribal communities on their home Island of Aeo, but some chose to take the dangerous expedition eastward for hopes of joining in adventure and riches.

The keeton race has produced many scholars, most of which have revolutionized many technologies and evolved many social ideas. It is very rare to find a Keeton of Sub par intelligence.

Their Capitol is known as Aeoni, The Great Oak, home to their sovereign leader, the Queens of Roses.

Averag life span: 170 - 220 years

Die Jaeger: A race of Juggernauts, the Die Jaeger are the most similar to the human race with only a few major differences between them. The Die Jaeger have a darker skin tone than most humans, appearing to have a natural dark tan to their skin that varies from bronze-ish to charcoal. They are also significantly stronger and more durable due to larger bones and a significant Cartilage and muscle layer that dwarfs their human counter parts. The Die Jaeger also hold a significant sense advantage on humans, however it is still a medium level perception level when compared to the other races. Die Jaeger are especially sensitive to the blood of Lucresians, Keetons, and wild beasts. The reason for this is unknown.

The Die Jaeger society is ruled by a strict religious Sect based atop the lofty 'Spires of the Pure'. This seemingly unassailable religious symbol and military citadel is the very center of Die Jaeger society, and the only land known to be claimed by them. The Die Jaeger have no citizenry, believing that your worth is shown through your fighting strength. Every Die Jaeger is a part of some faction of the military, even children are considered military wards. It is the sole purpose of the Die Jaeger to 'cleanse' the world of Beasts and their kin, for this reason their relations with the Lucresian and Keeton Races are edgy at best.

Average Lifespan: 90 - 120 years

The Iroans: Arguably the strangest of all five races. The Iroans have no naturaly body, but are instead bound to pure rock minerals upon birth. The individual strength of an Iroan is heavily reliant on how much mineral he or she was allotted at birth. Once bound to a metal, Iroans can shapeshift freely, taking whatever form is most comfortable for their particular mineral to exist in.

Iroans prefer to be moved by others, or remain still. For they must actively shape shift in order to move independently. For this reason most Iroans take the form of weapons or light armor, literally hitching a ride with whatever wanderer happens upon them.

Iroans do not speak in the traditional sense, but are instead capable of projecting their thoughts outward. They can chose to share or hide their thoughts at will, and can only be heard from within ten feet of their bodies.

The Iroan Capitol is known as Iro, Claim of the Iron King.

Average life span: 300- 350 years

At what is known as the Center of the Mortal World lies the mighty city of Caiator. It is here that representatives from every nation gather to discuss plans towards conquest of the new world. It is the Duty of the council to keep peace between the nations and focus all possible resources towards the ultimate goal of their organization, finding the edge of the world. For this reason the council has been given the power to right laws that all nations must obey, and for the most part, have been given full control of each nations military.

Councilors can be elected at any time, and only one Representative can exist for any one race at a given moment. If two thirds of any race call for a vote, then a vote for a new councilor is held, and the current councilor is temporarily evicted whilst the Council is frozen for the duration of the voting period. Being unable to act on any matters until a replacement councilor is voted in.

Deep in Isolation lies the Holy City of Isgrimelle. This Tower like structure is the capitol of the Note Worthy Remnant, a nation created in secret after the Genocide that happened several hundred years ago. The Ilse of Caged dreams is the land mass that it can be found on, and it is covered by a thick and seemingly impenetrable mist. The area this mist covers has long been a point of interest and concern for the mortal nations, however all attempts to penetrate it have been utter failures. The area it encompasses is noted on ze map.

Another key component of this world is magic, anyone can use magic. That is right, anyone. However, the rules and requirements surrounding it are a tad different than the norm. Allow me to explain:

Only two forms of magician exist, one of which is believed to have been slaughtered long ago;

The first is the Noteworthy, having been created by the Goddess Alaeirah along with magic itself, the Note Worthy have within them latent magical ability. Unlike the other group, the Note Worthy are a race of creatures that upon death are 'reborn' in the heart of their mother Alaeirah. There bodies boast a strong resistance to magical energies and they are known to be able to master multiple schools. This means two things.

1: The Note Worthy are the strongest of the two mage groups, and can cast stronger spells for longer durations

2: Note worthy can cast both mind, body, and spirit magic simultaneously.

The Second is the Hexborne, they are mortal mages, given the power by the Mark of the hex which appears on their body at the point they were granted magical energy. No mortal is born a Hexborne (Ironic?) and must be granted the power by another Hexborne. The power is transferred through blood, and upon transference the recipient is judged in three areas. Mind, Body, and Spirit. If the three are not in balance, than the recipients memories are destroyed, and they are turned into what can mostly be likened to a zombie. Other than this there are two things to be noted about the Hexborne

1:Their spells are weaker and finish sooner than note worthy spells (for the most part) yet the Hex borne can build a resistance to magic over time by using spells and the such. This causes them to have near infinite capabilities, however over use of magic can cause a Hexborne to go into overdrive, literally causing them to explode in a huge magical pulse wave. (it is messy)

The three schools of magic are as follows:

Body: This school effects the physical cells of the lifeforms in the world. It cannot be used on inanimate objects (can't move rocks or things made by Raelohn) This magic allows you to bend or alter the shape or form of plants and other creatures, you can even use it to harden your skin or weaken your enemies bones. However other body magic users of equal or greater strength have a resistance to this. Easily the strongest of the schools (looking for a way to nerf, for now I'll just keep tabs on it)

Mind: This School effects the thought or perceptions of other living entities. It is used to cast illusions, heighten your senses, or lower your opponents reaction speeds. Laying an illusion on an opponent usually takes time and careful planning, easily the most challenging of the schools.

Spirit: This magic is less tangible than it's partners. For it effects spirit energy, something that exists in all beings, through the means of blessings and curses. It is one of the more effective heal schools, for it is a individuals spirit that determines the speed in which they heal (shut up science). This school is more of a support type that casts buffs on your allies and debuffs on your enemies. Most spells last quite a long duration and effect targets in an aoe style.

Other stuff:

Magic is supposed to be a mysterious place where you get creative and have fun, for this reason I have left a lot open to your own devices. Have fun with this, however, you must be able to define any spell under either the mind, body, or spirit areas of study. This means that Pyromancy, Aquamancy, and the such are not allowed, nor do they exist in the world.

**Note**

Note Worthy are a plot device, and for the current time are not open for regular players as characters.

The Story:

Here is where things get fun. The story is up to you, the players. What happens, where you start, and how you interact with others is all up to you. The main Story is going to be taking a side saddle role for a majority of the play. This means that a good deal of world building will have to happen before we begin. We have to figure out where everyone wants to start, where they will be in reference to others, and make as much effort as possible to really clarify where it is, what we are doing, and what time it is. Myself and my GM team will be responsible for managing any requests or ideas you have for the story and moving the world forward to give you players a real sense of change over time.

To summarize: This Rp will be player driven and free roam. You can start anywhere as anyone as long as it fits into the world we already have. So if you feel like joining us on this awesome adventure and building with us an amazing world, feel free to sign up and show your interest.

Name:

Race:

Physical Description: Pictures are fine.

Past: Please go into as much detail as possible. (this is my favorite part)

Personality:

Magical stuff: Fill in any magical prowess your character has here. I would like to ask that all magic be kept low in power and bound to one school for now. We can expand on this stuff later so do not worry :)

Summary of Physical Strengths/Weaknesses:

We are now accepting Cs's please feel free to pm me with any questions you may have :).

Credit for Map template goes to the following:

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Blank-Fantasy-Map-60508185

Last edited by a moderator:
This sounds very intriguing. I am actually quite attracted to it, and would like to know if I could join it.

You are free to, send me a pm and we can chat about your ideas :).

This sounds very intriguing. I am actually quite attracted to it, and would like to know if I could join it.
52955-harry-potter-i-dont-like-to-be-kept-waiting.gif

*Insert Sarcasm here*

XD I am truly sorry. I was busy. I am here now, though I do tend to disappear randomly from time to time without warning. I will however try to tell you in advance. :)

XD I am truly sorry. I was busy. I am here now, though I do tend to disappear randomly from time to time without warning. I will however try to tell you in advance. :)
np, I am about to head to bed anyway. I work early tomorrow. Just do some brain storming and pm me what you come up with :)

This sounds like major book-making right here... I like it!

I would love to be in this Roleplay, if you could allow me :)

Good to here!

pm me with your ideas!
I've Private Messaged you with my character sheet... I didn't really have any ideas on how this could go different! Except for how everyone starts... should we all be in the same place or different settings?

That all depends. My goal is to develop this world as much as possible with this. So starting all around would be best. Is there anywhere you would like to develop in particular?

As a Kitsune/Keeton, I'm going to be starting in my small hometown, Firadel. I encounter some adventurers in the bar/inn there... maybe I could meet some other's characters there?

As a Kitsune/Keeton, I'm going to be starting in my small hometown, Firadel. I encounter some adventurers in the bar/inn there... maybe I could meet some other's characters there?
Aye, but what nation would you be in?

Oh, right ;) I would be in a small woodland area with a minor trading-route road through it, with a town smack-dab in the middle!

A Neat Map.png

How big are you aiming for this RP to be? A big group or a smaller range of people?

No aim.

Big or small I am willing to take it.

I have a rp ongoing that exists in this same world, it revolves around the note worthy and such. Eventually the two plots will merge but for now we will be focusing on developing and experiencing this world and getting it ready for the over arching plot.

I have a character in mind, but I seriously dislike the idea f the military being controlled by some council. So would it be okay if I have a small village (like pilgrims) who live in the northwestern island by themselves? Only one settlement but they eventually create their own kingdom on the island? And they would be very warlike raid and stuff?

I have a character in mind, but I seriously dislike the idea f the military being controlled by some council. So would it be okay if I have a small village (like pilgrims) who live in the northwestern island by themselves? Only one settlement but they eventually create their own kingdom on the island? And they would be very warlike raid and stuff?
Well, each of the nations have their own independent military. Only a fraction of that force is required to be sent to the council. It is pretty much a medieval UN, but more similar to the league of nations due to it being young and un developed. If you wish to work around this I would recommend setting yourself up with the Dae Jaeger. They are mostly opposed to this and actively avoid sending troops to help with council operations.

Well, each of the nations have their own independent military. Only a fraction of that force is required to be sent to the council. It is pretty much a medieval UN, but more similar to the league of nations due to it being young and un developed. If you wish to work around this I would recommend setting yourself up with the Dae Jaeger. They are mostly opposed to this and actively avoid sending troops to help with council operations.
Alright

Status
Not open for further replies.